Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Cast for MOTU

Co-Creator of the NV

Dream Cast for MOTU

We've covered it on and off in the main movie thread, but that thread is far too big and unwieldy at this point, which is presumably why this forum was made.

For my casting tastes... right now the only one I am sure of is that I want Nathan Jones as Beastman. He's absolutely huge and would look great in the role.

Luck is for losers GK Version 1's Avatar
    Nathan Jones, the former WWE wrestler?

AS for the topic, I'd have to think about it a bit. I'd kind of like to see lesser knowns in it.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Version 1 View Post
    Nathan Jones, the former WWE wrestler?

AS for the topic, I'd have to think about it a bit. I'd kind of like to see lesser knowns in it.
    Yeah. He also played Boagrius at the beginning of Troy. He's like 6'10.

Luck is for losers GK Version 1's Avatar
    Yeah I just wanted to make sure it was the guy I thought it was. He'd be awesome in the roll I think.

I think they're best off going the Superman route and getting an unknown to play He-Man. Actually, I really wouldn't mind the entire cast being unknowns, except for maybe a big name here and there to play minor characters that are still fairly important, like Randor or the Sorceress. For me, the characters are bigger than any actor who could play them, so I wouldn't want a well-known actor's personality interfering with the character they're supposed to be playing.

Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman) is back!! Crow's Avatar
    I would really like to have Matthew Mcconaughy as He-Man. He's got the look of He-Man and has been working out a lot. They could give him more training to get to the size of the 300 guys and viola!

For Teela, I think that Katharine Isabelle (Ginger Snaps 1-3 and other stuff) would be perfect.

The Tom Selleck joke of him playing Man-at-Arms would actually work. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the role.

Can't think of what others i'd like. Will ponder and and edit post when my brain works again.
    Crow T. Robot
    "Mike, what the hell is this?!"

"Into the sea of waking dreams, I follow without pride"---Sarah McLachlan Possession

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    As long as they don't decide to use a blondified Shia LeBeof as Adam. (Shudder) at least he's been confirmed as not playing Indiana's son, just the sidekick.

Hmmm, Edward James Olmos as Man-At-Arms?

Too bad she's too old to play Evil-Lyn now, but I think Sarah Douglas had the look for her.
    Ursa from Superman II
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Metroflex View Post
    I think they're best off going the Superman route and getting an unknown to play He-Man. Actually, I really wouldn't mind the entire cast being unknowns, except for maybe a big name here and there to play minor characters that are still fairly important, like Randor or the Sorceress. For me, the characters are bigger than any actor who could play them, so I wouldn't want a well-known actor's personality interfering with the character they're supposed to be playing.
    Agreed.

I want Laura Prepon as Teela. In my opinion she totally looks the part, she is strong, athletic and we know she can kick Eric's ass

Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I want Laura Prepon as Teela. In my opinion she totally looks the part, she is strong, athletic and we know she can kick Eric's ass

If she was in it, I'd watch the movie even if it did have an Adam from Earth who stumbles on Eternia, lol.

Now that you mention her kicking eric's ass, i kinda like the idea of topher playing adam, haha. But seriously, the kid has the acting talent and he can portray the goofiness well.

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Not trying to be realistic, but here are some actors I think fit the characters well.

Alan ******* as Stratos
    Eddie Olmos as MAA!
    Uma Thurman as Lyn

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Hmmm, Edward James Olmos as Man-At-Arms?
    Exactly what I was thinking. He's easily my top pick for that roll.

Adam/He-Man = Unknown

Teela = Unknown (Although Laura Prepon sounds interesting)

MAA = Sam Elliott

(Filmation) Sorceress = Lucy Lawless (We need someone who can be both strong and maternal at the same time.)

King Randor = Dennis Quaid

Queen Marlena = Julianne Moore

Orko = CGI/Voice of Tom Kenney

-----------------

Skeletor = CGI/Voice Actor (Willem DaFoe?)

Evil-Lyn = Angelina Jolie or Michelle Pfeiffer

Beastman = Triple-H (IMO, he's one those actors who does his best acting with his mouth closed and his shirt off.)

Tri-Klops = Karl Urban

Trap-Jaw = John Cena
    Last edited by Mirage; August 25, 2007 at 09:50pm.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Adam/He-Man = Unknown

Teela = Unknown (Although Laura Prepon sounds interesting)

MAA = Sam Elliott

(Filmation) Sorceress = Lucy Lawless (We need someone who can be strong, maternal, and regal all at the same time.)

King Randor = Dennis Quaid

Queen Marlena = Julianne Moore

Orko = CGI/Voice of Tom Kenney

-----------------

Skeletor = CGI/Voice Actor (Willem DaFoe?)

Evil-Lyn = Angelina Jolie or Michelle Pfeiffer

Beastman = Triple-H (IMO, he's one those actors who does his best acting with his mouth closed and his shirt off.)

Tri-Klops = Karl Urban

Trap-Jaw = John Cena

I think the Julianne Moore choice is excellent. Same with the Dennis Quaid choice.

I wouldn't want Triple H to be Beastman because IMO he is too short for the role. His body would make an excellent He-Man if he could act and had a different nose. I wouldn't mind him as a choice for Trapjaw though. I love the idea of Urban doing Trike.

I think that He-Man needs to be an unknown because the shoes would be too big to fill for anyone who is known. When seeing He-Man, we shouldn't have someone else or some other role in our mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    I love the idea of Urban doing Trike.

I remember him as Julius Caesar on Xena.

He's just what Trike needs: cool, intelligent, and calculating.

I wouldn't want Triple H to be Beastman because IMO he is too short for the role.

It's not going to make much difference seeing as how they're going to CGI the Areinnye out of this film.

Maybe they can tweak him digitally or something?
    Last edited by Mirage; August 25, 2007 at 10:00pm.

Co-Creator of the NV
    It's not going to make much difference seeing as how they're going to CGI the Areinnye out of this film.

Maybe they can tweak him digitally or something?
    Maybe, but where possible i would like them to make choices that allows for CGI to not be used. Not that I am against CGI, but if you can set it up so that it looks good without it, i recomend doing that. That's why i opted for Nathan Jones. When i first saw Troy, I seriously didn't think that he was a real person he was so big, haha.

I went to see who Karl Urban was and he looks good enough.

I like Juliana as Marlena. Not wild about Lucy Lawless as the Sorceress.

I always liked Anjelica Huston and thought she did a kick ass job in Mists of Avalon. However if they are going with a more kick butt Sorceress then she maynot be the choice. Regal/powerful magic wise, then yeah Ms. Huston can do it.

What about Julianna Margulies as marlena or is she too young? (she's in the middle)

Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

There are many selections I could make, but really, I'd be happy with a cast of complete unknowns. If I were to go with a star studded cast... I would choose...

He-Man: ???
    Teela: Scartlet Johansson
    Man-At-Arms: ???
    Beastman: Ron Pearlman
    Skeletor: John Glover
    Evil-Lyn: Rebecca Romijn
    Ram Man: Vinne Jones
    Tri-Klops: Dominic West
    Trap-Jaw: Thomas Hayden Church
    Sorceress: Cate Blanchett

I'd also like to see Robert Carlyle in there somewhere, and Shawn Ashmore, but I can' think of where.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I always liked Anjelica Huston and thought she did a kick ass job in Mists of Avalon. However if they are going with a more kick butt Sorceress then she maynot be the choice. Regal/powerful magic wise, then yeah Ms. Huston can do it.

She's a little too old to play The Sorceress, IMO.

I'd hate to see this film fall back into Christina Pickles mode (Not that she did a bad job, mind you ... it's just that we could use a change in direction from the `87 film.)

If Warner is hell-bent on setting up a franchise, I think it would be best if we went with someone younger.

I think Angelina Jolie as Evil Lyn would be good. I agree with that as for Orko I think they should get Lou Scheimer to reprise the role as a nice knock back to us loyal fans. For Teela why not Renee o'Connor from Xena. She knows her way around a staff. She would need next to no training. Tom Selleck I think would be too old for the role of Man at Arms. Gerard Butler would make a good Stratos I think. Robert Mccray not sure if that is the right way to spell it or not, he was Zzeben in Conan the Adventure, would make a good He-Man I think. He would just have*shudders* shave his chest and buff up again.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Okay

So,
    2 votes for MAA = E.J. Olmos. Sam Elliott is far too old, loved him as the Caretaker in Ghost Rider, but too old.

I agree with Divia - Laura Prepon looks like she could be a good Teela.

Julianne Moore, yes, as Marlena, no. Sorceress, yes, Teela is the Sorceress' daughter and Moore and Prepon could resemblance-wise be related.

Michelle Pfeiffer would be a great Evil-Lyn, watch her in Stardust she plays an excellent evil witch. Angelina Jolie, I am so tired of hearing her name, and when has she played a truly evil character?
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; August 25, 2007 at 11:33pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Evil Henchman of Hordak Louis649's Avatar
    If a MOTU film will going to be filmed Man-At-Arms has to be played by Sam Elliot, the actor who played Gen."Thunderbolt" Ross in 2003 "The Incredible Hulk" film & as the Old Wild West Ghost Rider in the "Ghost Rider" film. He have the presence, the acting skills and manly sex appeal to pull out perfectly Man-At-Arms. Plus he's the voice narrator in some T.V. commercials for Toyota, IBM, Chevrolet and Union Pacific because of his deep and gravelly voice.
    I'm Skeletor, master of evil! All of you should show respect for the awful one.

I am Grizzlor #1 fan!

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Angelina Jolie, I am so tired of hearing her name, and when has she played a truly evil character?
    As Olympias in Alexander

"In my womb, I carried my avenger!"

Julianne Moore, yes, as Marlena, no. Sorceress, yes, Teela is the Sorceress' daughter and Moore and Prepon could resemblance-wise be related.

I'm not crazy about Moore playing Sorceress.

She looks too delicate, IMO. The Sorceress is supposed to be a fighter.

Co-Creator of the NV
    She looks too delicate, IMO. The Sorceress is supposed to be a fighter.
    I don't see her like that at all. Even if she's a fighter, I see her as using her magic to fight, not debasing herself to physical combat.

Julianne Moore is pretty physical in alot of her films too, The Lost World, Boogie Nights LOL.

And I'm sorry, Alexander was not a very good film IMO, and I see Jolie as conniving little temptress, ala Original Sin. Even in Tomb Raider she just seemed sneaky. I sense no ability to tap a malevolent streak.