Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Cast for MOTU

What about my choice then? He's also got his age going for him to be King Randor.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Evil View Post
    What about my choice then? He's also got his age going for him to be King Randor.
    I didn't like it. As someone said, he looks like he's been through the ravages of war. Randor on the other hand is still handsome and like an older pretty-boy.

the problem with choices is that its all personal opinions and we all have noe Who I think is a good actress someone might think as horrid.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    I didn't like it. As someone said, he looks like he's been through the ravages of war. Randor on the other hand is still handsome and like an older pretty-boy.
    "In the 2002 Mike Young Productions remake it is made apparent that in his youth, Randor was known as Captain Randor, a brave and steadfast warrior before being crowned King of Eternia by the Elders"

So he was indeed a warrior before becoming king.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Evil View Post
    "In the 2002 Mike Young Productions remake it is made apparent that in his youth, Randor was known as Captain Randor, a brave and steadfast warrior before being crowned King of Eternia by the Elders"

So he was indeed a warrior before becoming king.
    haha, i know. But he still looked pretty damn good. He might've been a warrior, but he seemed to be pretty good at avoiding facial damage *unlike his brother *

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    the problem with choices is that its all personal opinions and we all have noe Who I think is a good actress someone might think as horrid.
    I'm just gonna echo this very sentiment.

Who cares what I think in terms of cast for the new He-Man movie.

I care. But I'm sure it doesn't go much further than that.

I'll have faith that they'll pick the right people for the roles, until proven wrong.
    We've really got no other choice in the matter.
    Not worth fussin' over...

But boy it is fun to do... Thus the threads I suppose.

And all that said...

Angelina Jolie as Evil Lyn?

YES YES YESSSSSS!
    Last edited by Baena; August 27, 2007 at 03:51pm.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I'm just gonna echo this very sentiment.

Who cares what I think in terms of cast for the new He-Man movie.

I care. But I'm sure it doesn't go much further than that.

I'll have faith that they'll pick the right people for the roles, until proven wrong.
    We've really got no other choice in the matter.
    Not worth fussin' over...

But boy it is fun to do... Thus the threads I suppose.
    That's what I feel too. It's fun to debate these things and talk about it.

The only part I disagree with is the part about having faith they will make the right choices. Everything I hear about the movie makes me think that it will be the complete opposite, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    haha, i know. But he still looked pretty damn good. He might've been a warrior, but he seemed to be pretty good at avoiding facial damage *unlike his brother *
    We are going on basic drawings here. There is room to develop the character and his looks during his adaptation to live action.

The problem with Angelina Jolie and other big name stars is that they are just too well known for their other roles and tabloid headlines to really be convincing as the character. I know a movie will require some big names to give it credibility but I'm hoping the mega-stars will be kept to a minimum.
    Last edited by supes78; August 27, 2007 at 10:35pm.

A big fan of Slush Head
    I hope that they don't pick up teenagers for the parts of Adam and Teela. Please don't do that!!

I seriously don't want that at all.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

hmmm. Interesting thought about no teens. I dunno how I feel about it. Maybe 19/20 year olds?

I think that the cast should be assembled from no names, small screen and one or two big names. I dont think everyone in the film should be a big star.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Maybe 19/20 year olds?

Yeah I would be ok with that.

If they want to go with a different actor for Adam I would choose Mike Vogel:

http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I don't have a dream cast. I just want people casted who can do the roles right. And have very few real celebs in roles in the film. And no Angelina Jolie. I'm sick of her.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Luke and Leia were 18 years old in A New Hope.

On second thought, and based on what Pig Boy said, Hugo Weaving might be too expensive to have as a secondary villain like Tri-Klops. I still think that he'd fit the role perfectly, but he might be too pricey.

I can't imagine Jonathan Frakes being that expensive though, considering how many ensemble TV show casts he's been a part of. So, I'm sticking with him as my King Randor choice.

If the Rock has lost a lot of muscle mass, then he might not be able to pull off He-Man. If so, that Aquaman dude from Smallville certainly looks the role, and isn't a big enough name actor to cost a huge load of cash.
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

We have done a lot these threads over the years already ya see so we''ve covered the fun aspect plenty of times.
    I just think we need to refine and give the movie makers really strong ideas.

Look at how X-men was casted. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Patrick Stewart, Halle Berry or Kelsey Grammer wouldn't have been choosen had it not been for fans?!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Heroic Warrior

My ideal cast for the movie and possible sequels.

He-Man/Adam: Paul Betthany.
    Skeletor: Hugo Weaving or John Glover.
    BeastMan: Tyler Mane.
    Man-At-Arms: Nick Nolte or Gary Busey.
    Teela: Jessica Biel.
    Stratos: Viggo Morgenstein or Ewan Mcgregor.
    Adora/She-Ra: Playboy playmate Sarah Underwood or Scarlett Johanson.
    TrapJaw: Bruce Campbell.
    Evil-Lyn: Kate Beckinsale.
    Voice of Orko: Tom "Spongebob" Kenny.
    Sorceress: Sharon Stone or Michelle Pfeifer.
    Hordak: Frank Langella (The guy who played Skeletor in the original He-Man movie).
    Voice of SwiftWind: Liam Neeson.
    Man-E-Faces: Michael Ironside ("Scanners", "Total Recall").
    Voice of Broom: Steve Carrell.
    Bow: Jess Franco.
    Scopria: Selma Hayak.
    Catra: Kelly Hu.
    Manteana: Doug Jones.
    Frosta: Natasha Heinstrech ("Species").
    Glimmer: Elizabeth Berkley or Michelle Trachenberg.
    Voice of Kowl: David Hyde Pierce.
    Voice of Horde-Prime: James Earl Jones.

What do you think of my ideal choices? sexy choices on the gals don't you think?

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy View Post
    We have done a lot these threads over the years already ya see so we''ve covered the fun aspect plenty of times.
    I just think we need to refine and give the movie makers really strong ideas.

Look at how X-men was casted. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Patrick Stewart, Halle Berry or Kelsey Grammer wouldn't have been choosen had it not been for fans?!
    I think that as time goes on and the forum gets new members, the fun aspect comes back.

I can't speak for Berry and Grammer, but I think that the chances of Stewart being cast were excellent with or without fan responses.

The way I see it, this thread is to come up with our dream casts and the people we think are best for the roles, regardless of budgetary constraints. At the same time, if we want, we can post a few more "realistic" casts, although that might be better suited for a different thread.

This is fun. Well, since Warner Bros. gave us Matrix, Troy and 300 I'm sure the cast, fight choreography and sets will be amazing.
    My picks-

Skeletor/Keldor: Jeremy Irons
    Evil Lyn: Monica Bellucci
    Tri Klops: Dominic Purcell
    Beast Man: Michael Clarke Duncan
    Trap Jaw/Kronis: Karl Urban

Adam/He-Man: Zac Efron/Jason Lewis
    Duncan: Sean Bean
    Teela: Evan Rachel Wood
    Zodac: Taye Diggs
    Sorceress: Lena Heady
    ...and I'm spent...

Mandola [my band!]

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Too bad she's too old to play Evil-Lyn now, but I think Sarah Douglas had the look for her.
    Ursa from Superman II
    oh hell yea.. she would have been a great evil-lyn.. that pic looks like she's playing the part already

she is a dead on look for evil-lyn

how old is she now anyway?
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Hugo Weaving Skeletor: Princessss Adora. How good to speak with you again, Princess Adora. How I dream of the day of cleansing Eternia of the cancer which is your family.

Adora: Skeletor. Still absoring people to make minaturized duplicates of yourself, I see.

Hugo Weaving Skeletor: Oh yes. It's quite fun to make everyone just like me. Do you like what I did to the weather around here?

Adora: ....

Hugo Weaving Skeletor: In any event, Princessss Adora, I've seen the future through my viewing globe. I saw it when I absorbed the Sorceress, and made her one of me. You're going to die here, Princess Adora. The rest of me is simply going to watch the show!

Keanu Reeves He-Man: Whoa...
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Well, she was born in 1952, so what 55 now? Wow, I completely didn't realize she was one of the Tok'Ra grand councilors in Stargate SG-1.

Dallas Comic Con 2006
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    She really looks like the Filmation Evil-Lyn in the first pic.

BTW how old is Lyn supposed to be? She has white hair - around 50-ish?

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    BTW how old is Lyn supposed to be? She has white hair - around 50-ish?
    Dunno... But I don't think that white hair on her equals old age per se.

She's a sorceress, she can look any age I would guess.

In my MotU world, I figure she's a bit younger than Randor and Marlena. Say between Adam's age and his Father's age? In her 30's?

Stands to reason, when Keldor is probably their age or close to it.
    She came across as younger than Keldor in the MYP toon.
    And then when you pull in that famous issue of the comic, vol. 3 issue #5... Where we all believe that is Keldor who time traveled back to before King Grayskull's time to take her and the ram staff from the Faceless one... Well there the plot thickens now doesn't it? She was a baby, Keldor was at least in his late teens if not his twenties, maybe even early thirties?

That is, if eternians age like earthlings...

How's that for a bunch of geek talk eh?!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I figured Evil-Lyn had white hair because she was a sorceress, not because she was old. I mean, in the flashback episode, her hair is still white.

My dream cast for the MOTU movie:
    All unknowns