Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Cast for MOTU

Maybe Courteney Cox as Evil Lyn? I think she made a perfect biatch on Scream and spetially her look on Scream 2.

Heather Lokclear in another one I can think could be a pretty good biatch and she allready has the almost white hair. She was wicked back in Melrose Place.

No Angelina Jolie, please!

I have thought about Lindsay Lohan for Teela, but I acept that is for the look she had on Mean Girls.

Rachel McAdams could be another.

Im not sure how much I would like famous people to be on the movie.

I've heard somewere (as a rumor) there were plans to make the MOTU movie ala 300. I would love to see that happening!

Can u imaging Eternia's magenta and purple skies with that technology?
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

O'hartley

Quote Originally Posted by O'hartley View Post
    Maybe Courteney Cox as Evil Lyn? I think she made a perfect biatch on Scream and spetially her look on Scream 2.

This is to say nothing of her connection to the `87 MOTU film.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    This is to say nothing of her connection to the `87 MOTU film.
    I did not remember she was part of it untill now you are saying it. Well... that coul be a plus!

O'hartley

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Well, she was born in 1952, so what 55 now? Wow, I completely didn't realize she was one of the Tok'Ra grand councilors in Stargate SG-1.

Dallas Comic Con 2006
    OMG. She looks terrible for being only in her mid 50's. Too much time in the sun.

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Hmm. This is a tough topic. It seems kind of like the Superman film business of a few years back. Everytime someone suggested an actor that they thought would make a good Superman, Lex Luthor or Lois Lane, people screamed "Noooooooo! Not him/her! Anyone but that!"

Heh. I remember people said the same thing about Christopher Reeve, that he would never be able to fill the cape. Now it's *his* performance everybody has to live up to.

I don't know who to have play the main cast, because whoever you picked, someone wouldn't like them. It would be difficult to find a 700-pound bodybuilder to play He-Man, but *GOD* help them if they want to CGI the Prince Adam actor up to play him. It will be the Hulk all over again. Nobody would accept it.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

I would say this for the old film.

Dolph definitely had the perfect build for He-Man.
    And at that he wasn't HUGE. Tall? Yes. Muscular and fit? Yes.

I don't think He-Man needs to be as big as some of today's wrestlers. Nor do I think he could be as small as say Brad Pitt.

If they can find someone with Dolph's physique, and someone that will do the character justice. I'm all for that.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Fsmiler

Brilliant Suggestion

Sean Bean!
    Yes there is a great suggestion. I fully endorse that!
    Sean Bean for Duncan/Man At Arms

I just wanted to get a quick idea of how the "Aquaman dude" might look in costume, which definitely needs to be updated for a movie. I'm sure it's no mystery where this pic is from originally.
    Last edited by supes78; August 30, 2007 at 09:59pm.

When I look at that pic all I can think about is Mossy doing one of his photo shops
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by supes78 View Post
    SORRY for the bad 80's perm but I didn't feel like fixing it. I just wanted to get a quick idea of how the "Aquaman dude" might look in costume, which definitely needs to be updated for a movie. I'm sure it's no mystery where this pic is from originally.
    If all of that body is his body (i.e. if it's not just his head), then I definitely think that we have a good candidate to play He-Man here.
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

That's not Alan Ritchson's actual body, although as I've stated before, a few extra hours at the gym and he could easily get there. Right now, Ritchson has closer to the Dolph Lundgren in his prime physique.

Co-Creator of the NV
    I have to admit that Cox would really look good for the role. I am not too concerned with the hair color one way or another, because we never really have to see it *cuz of the head covering thing*.

Interestingly, one of the things about the 87 movie that bothered me from day one was the choice of Lundgren. IMO he was just too small for the role.

The Good Guys:

Adam: Jeremy Sumpter or Edward Speleers
    He-Man: Jason Lewis or Mike Vogel
    She-Ra: Kristanna Loken
    Man-At-Arms: Ted Levine or Sam Elliot
    Teela: Erica Durance
    Stratos: Peter Stormare
    Fisto: Russell Crowe
    Buzz-Off : CGI
    King Randor: Jonathan Frakes
    Queen Marlena: Carla Gugino
    Sorceress: Lena Headey
    Ram Man: Abraham Benrubi
    Mekaneck: Sean Bean
    Zodak: Laurence Fishburne
    Clamp Champ: Michael Dorn
    Battle Cat/ Cringer: CGI
    Orko: CGI

The Bad Ones:

Skeletor/Keldor : Michael Wincott
    Beast Man: Tyler Mane or CGI
    Mer-Man: Steve Buscemi
    Evil-Lyn: Kelly Hu
    Trap Jaw: Brian Thompson
    Tri-Klops : Jason Statham
    Whiplash: Ving Rhames or CGI
    Clawful: Michael Clarke Duncan or CGI
    Jitsu : Ken Watanabe
    Ninjor: Ray Park
    King Hiss: Christopher Walken
    Blade: Arnold Vosloo
    Two Bad: CGI
    Panthor: CGI
    Scare Glow: CGI
    Last edited by Matt XIC; September 6, 2007 at 03:21pm.

Imagine how bad the original Conan movie would have been had it been filled with all top billing names....it would have probably sucked......the same thing here....lets get some lesser known people, stick to a realistic budget and create something as good as the original Conan or even the first beastmaster movie...neither were the greatest top billed movies ever made but the represented realistic magical barbabrian worlds....thats what I want to see......the barbaric aspect of MOTU with just enough magic/technology thrown in to make it like the mini comics.
    Ram Man's long lost brother!

keira Knightly would be a bad teela. she's too skinny, atleast when I saw her last.

Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

I don't dig Keira Knightly for Teela.

Yay Courteney Cox for a biatch Evil Lyn!
    Last edited by O'hartley; August 30, 2007 at 10:50am.

O'hartley

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    keira Knightly would be a bad teela. she's too skinny, atleast when I saw her last.
    Quote Originally Posted by O'hartley View Post
    I don't dig Keira Knightly for Teela.

Don't underestimate Keira ...

She played a bounty hunter in "Domino":

Sorry, I can't see it. She just doesnt have the look for me.

Even the first picture look like its something out of a fashion mag.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Right. She is to skinny. I'm very shocked when i saw her last in the TV. I delete her from my list.

This is OT but I'm gonna say it anyway... I'm so sick of the skinny death look in hollywood. whats wrong with a girl looking healthy? And I want whoever jplays the female roles to look healthy in the upcoming MOTU movie. No skinny twings please!
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

This is OT but I'm gonna say it anyway... I'm so sick of the skinny death look in hollywood. whats wrong with a girl looking healthy? And I want whoever jplays the female roles to look healthy in the upcoming MOTU movie. No skinny twings please!
    Yeah, I agree. I'm sure that Keira would look pretty good if she would put some weight on, but as is... Ugh. Way too superthin.

To think that somebody thought that Keira could play She-Ra , let alone Teela.
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

A big fan of Slush Head
    I agree, I don't know why the Hollywood girls think that super skinny is sexy! They llok bad, don't they know that?

Keira Knightly would definitely be a bad Teela.

Quote Originally Posted by supes78 View Post
    That's not Alan Ritchson's actual body, although as I've stated before, a few extra hours at the gym and he could easily get there. Right now, Ritchson has closer to the Dolph Lundgren in his prime physique.
    This dude should definitely play He-Man, looks the part!!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Fsmiler

Laura Linney

Laura Linney for Queen Marlena
    Sean Bean for Duncan

I found this music video showing clips of Alan Ritchson's appearance as Aquaman on 'Smallville';

Last edited by supes78; August 30, 2007 at 08:41pm.

For the X-Men movie, I know who Halle Barry, Patrick Stewart were; Famke Janssen, Rebecca Romijn and Ray Park were new hotness.
    MANY of the key roles of Wolverine, Sabretooth, Rogue and Cyclops were filled by relative unknowns taking a role for their first "summer blockbuster."

So I'm thinking a handful of really well known actors to invite curiosity would be okay. And I'll say it again, I'd REALLY like
    Duncan to be played by Sean Bean, with a hottie Sorceress with Lena Heady in the role.
    We should get fresh faces for Adam and Teela, doesn't much matter who plays the cameo role of Keldor. Femme fatale role of Evil Lyn is key; Warner Bros. likes Monica Bellucci [Tears of the Sun, the Matrix] and so do I !!
    ...and I'm spent...

Mandola [my band!]