Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Cast for MOTU

Co-Creator of the NV
    I love the idea of Gates McFadden playing the sorceress. If you ask me, that is perfect casting.

I hate the idea of the Aqua Man guy playing He-Man. Everyone says he can easily get bigger, but how can we be sure? It's not always all that easy for a guy to pack on 30 pounds of muscle, even if they are already muscular and ripped. I'd rather we get a guy who is already the right size.

I like the idea of going the Darth Vader route and getting a random muscle man to play skeletor, but don't like the idea of using Frank Langella's voice. Leads to too many comparisons with the old movie, plus even though Langella is totally awesome, it's not as if he is totally irreplaceable. There are a lot of voice actors out there so we can certainly find someone who can do the job.

I want Brad Pitt as He-Man, it would just be perfect..he has the acting skills, the looks, the potential to bulk up, and of course a huge hollywood following that would give MOTU alot of exposure.
    MOTU FANATIC 4EVER

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Vega View Post
    I want Brad Pitt as He-Man, it would just be perfect..he has the acting skills, the looks, the potential to bulk up, and of course a huge hollywood following that would give MOTU alot of exposure.
    you know.. for once i actually agree with you. I think he might be a little too expensive for the role, but i'd be happy if he was picked.

^^He should have the power!
    MOTU FANATIC 4EVER

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    I hate the idea of the Aqua Man guy playing He-Man. Everyone says he can easily get bigger, but how can we be sure? It's not always all that easy for a guy to pack on 30 pounds of muscle, even if they are already muscular and ripped. I'd rather we get a guy who is already the right size.
    It's a lot easier for guys who are used to the strenuous gym workouts, high calorie meals, protein shakes, and strict discipline to bulk up than the average person who occasionally works out. That's a fact. I say that because my friend is a bodybuilder who has very close to a He-Man physique and it developed fairly rapidly after he got to a certain muscle mass (which is similar to what Ritchson has now). I guarantee you that someone like Ritchson has to try not to become too bulky for fear of losing out on acting roles in Hollywood. Plus, Christian Bale packed on more than 100 pounds of muscle for Batman Begins since his previous role required him to play an anorexic;

Ritchson wouldn't have to gain nearly that much and I have no qualms in saying that he would hit the gym that much harder if he were to play He-Man. Why wouldn't he since it would be his first big acting role and he'd have a lot to prove.
    Last edited by supes78; September 11, 2007 at 06:45pm.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by supes78 View Post
    It's a lot easier for guys who are used to the strenuous gym workouts, high calorie meals, protein shakes, and strict discipline to bulk up than the average person who occasionally works out. That's a fact. I say that because my friend is a bodybuilder who has very close to a He-Man physique and it developed fairly rapidly after he got to a certain muscle mass (which is similar to what Ritchson has now). I guarantee you that someone like Ritchson has to try not to become too bulky for fear of losing out on acting roles in Hollywood. Plus, packing on more than 60 pounds of muscle is exactly what Christian Bale did in Batman Begins since his previous role required him to play an anorexic;

I have no qualms in saying that Ritchson would hit the gym that much harder if he were to play He-Man. Why wouldn't he since it would be his first big acting role and he'd have a lot to prove.
    Bale lost a ton of weight to play the anorexic. A lot of that 60 pounds was him simply going back to his normal size.

And I know that it is easier for these guys to pack on the muscle, but I prefer not have everything slowed down and screwed up if Ritchson ends up having to drop out of the role because he can't get to the right size.

Most of the actors in Hollywood including Brad Pitt (who is now flabby and slim) would have to work out for months just to get to the physique that Ritchson has now. I'd say Ritchson has a physical advantage over 99% of the actors named so far and certainly is a better actor than wrestlers and professional bodybuilders.
    Last edited by supes78; September 11, 2007 at 06:56pm.

YUMMY!!!!!

I wouldnt mind giving someone a bath....
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Heroic Warrior
    They should just place the entire cast of Smallville in there somehow to fill out all the roles. That would work.

Wouldn't mind that dude who played Aquaman as He-Man.

And the guy who played Cyborg as Zodac.

And Erica Durance as Teela.

I do feel strongly that the bigger wrestlers like Nathan Jones, Kevin Nash, Khali, and Big Show need to play some of the supporting characters. They are guaranteed to have little to no speaking lines so bad acting won't be an issue. The only one of Skeletor's henchman that I see having a respectable amount of dialogue is Beastman and I like someone's suggestion of getting Micheal Clarke Duncan to play that part.

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar

^^He should have the power!
    Actually, I think Brad Pitt would be a good choice. He never gets enough props.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I could live with Brad playing He-Man, he even looks like the classic figure.

Heroic Doctor & Mad Man
    Dreamcast-(Sega Dreamcast)

He-Man-Paul Walker
    Prince Adam-Zac Efron
    Man At Arms- George Clooney
    The Sorceress-Angelia Jo Lee
    Teela-Megan Fox
    Orko-the voice of Paul Reubens a.k.a Pee Wee Herman.

Skeletor/Keldor- Jude Law
    Evil-Len-Ashley Jude
    Beast-Man-Ron Pearlman
    Hi Everybody!

Devourer of Souls Barron Gagnat's Avatar
    Eric Bana for He-Man! Bleach his hair, it should not be a problem, worked out fine for Orlando Bloom in LOTR. Bana is a great actor, who can easily bulk up. Anyone who has seen, and liked his performances in movies such as Munich, The Hulk, Troy and Chopper would have to agree. Pitt would also work out fine. Hope they sort out the problems with skeletors face this time though, the rubbery looking mask in the original movie looked ridiculous.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Nick View Post
    Orko-the voice of Paul Reubens a.k.a Pee Wee Herman.

Sadly, I can almost visualize that.

"I know you are, but what am I?"

"There's a lotta things about me you don't know anything about, Dree Elle. Things you wouldn't understand. Things you couldn't understand. Things you shouldn't understand."
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

I'm beginning to wonder if WB will just do a CGI film like TMNT or the JLA film that is supposedly in production. It would probably be the only cost-effective way to render the MOTU. It would suck if that that's the case. Pretty much makes all of our speculation null and void.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I'm beginning to wonder if WB will just do a CGI film like TMNT or the JLA film that is supposedly in production. It would probably be the only cost-effective way to render the MOTU. It would suck if that that's the case. Pretty much makes all of our speculation null and void.

Not if the CGI film is done like Beowulf. Those characters are quite recognizable as the actors that are voices them. Which isn't surprising since the movie is just expanding on the tech they started with in The Polar Express.

Scary how far along CGI has come these days.
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; September 14, 2007 at 10:42pm.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Pity he isn't at least 10 years younger 'cause then I'd have Clancy Brown play Skeletor. I mean, in Highlander he was practically kitted out as Skeletor already!

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Hmm... An evil thought just occurred to me. If we have Brad Pitt as He-Man and Angelina Jolie as Evil-Lynn, all we need to do now is find a part for Jennifer Aniston and we could really have some interesting on-set meltdowns.

And if they go CGI like Beowulf, I think it might be possible to have Clancy Brown as Skeletor, doing stuff that Clancy could not do even 20 years ago when he was the Kurgan. I actually like the idea of him doing it. I might also suggest James "Spike" Marsters or David Boreanaz for the role. When Boreanaz played the "soulless" version of Angel, he had a lot of the same cocky smartass attitude I would like to see in Skeletor.
    Last edited by Dave-Man; September 15, 2007 at 08:36am.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    I love the idea of Gates McFadden playing the sorceress. If you ask me, that is perfect casting.

I like the idea of going the Darth Vader route and getting a random muscle man to play skeletor, but don't like the idea of using Frank Langella's voice. Leads to too many comparisons with the old movie, plus even though Langella is totally awesome, it's not as if he is totally irreplaceable. There are a lot of voice actors out there so we can certainly find someone who can do the job.
    If you have Frakes as Randor, and McFadden as the Sorceress, there's probably not a Star Trek fan alive that won't go see the film. Bringing in the Star Trek fan community like that could be *HUGE* for the new He-Man movie.
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

Ritchson has already been immortalized in action figure form for his Aquaman role on Smallville;
    Last edited by supes78; September 17, 2007 at 05:43pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    And if they go CGI like Beowulf, I think it might be possible to have Clancy Brown as Skeletor, doing stuff that Clancy could not do even 20 years ago when he was the Kurgan. I actually like the idea of him doing it.
    I've been thinking, Clancy Brown is only 48, and seeing that he's supposed to be an older character anyway he might just be right for the roll as he is. One thing's for sure, he's proven beyond doubt that he's got the ability to be a Skeletor type character right down to the physic' and his voice.

It's a lot easier for guys who are used to the strenuous gym workouts, high calorie meals, protein shakes, and strict discipline to bulk up than the average person who occasionally works out. That's a fact.
    And I'm going to say that's not a fact.
    On average, the human body can only put on 1 pound of lean muscle mass per 100 lbs of lean body mass, per month.
    that means the average man can put on about 20 lbs of muscle naturally a year, and that's with a ton of hard work, good genetics prone to those types of gains, and strict dieting. We're talking devotion to the gym, and centering your life around that type of physique in order to get those gains.

Most people can't do that, including hollywood actors with personal trainers simply due to the nature of the business: meetings, travel, etc.

People have to use steroids to achieve large gains in a short period of time.
    They won't say they do, and no one talks about it.
    But that's what happens.
    I've had friends who make claims of being natural, who eventually confessed to steroid use after I called them out on it in private because I have taken the time to study the different types of commonly used steroids, how steroids are administered, and what the side-effects are.
    It's difficult to know who is using steroids, even friends and family. You have to know what to look for, and even then, it's hard to tell and getting them to admit is next to impossible.

That being said, if an actor wanted to run a cycle to achieve the physique expected for He-Man, I'd be fine with it. As long as they are safe, and seek proper medical advice ahead of time and during.
    For the role of He-Man, to get the body coupled with the right acting skills, it may even be a requirement.

I really do have a lingering suspicion that WB will opt on doing an all CGI film because assembling an ensemble cast and coming up with the sets and special effects would require a budget on the level of Lord of the Rings. WB isn't going to pour that kind of money into it, especially considering it's an 80's property with a relatively limited fan base and it's had a failed re-launch in the last several years. I think think things would have been a whole lot different if the recent re-launch had been a success. I still don't have a clue why it failed. Was it Mattel's fault? Was it us fans? Is it the toy industry not being as popular because of video games? Was it the failure of the new cartoon? I really don't know where to start.
    Last edited by supes78; September 15, 2007 at 10:52pm.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_He-Man View Post
    If you have Frakes as Randor, and McFadden as the Sorceress, there's probably not a Star Trek fan alive that won't go see the film. Bringing in the Star Trek fan community like that could be *HUGE* for the new He-Man movie.
    I totally agree. That's part of why earlier I said I liked the idea of bringing Frakes into it. Frakes and McFadden are both fine actors, suit the roles and would certainly do them justice. PLUS they're relatively inexpensive!