Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1657

Thread: Dream Cast for MOTU

Quote Originally Posted by invaziondrummer View Post
    How about Christina Hendricks for Teela?

She's looks the part, AND she looks like she could be a warrior-woman. She's certainly got that great, Frazetta-like, statuesque build that the original MOTU concepts and art are based on, and she can certainly act. Mad Men is a great show.
    I'd be all for that, but Hollywood is just going to say she's too old(35) and too fat(all the girls seem to have the physiques of small, undernourished little boys).
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

She really does have the physique for it, but i would agree with "hollywood" that she is a bit old. I feel Teela and Adam ought to be the same age, and Adam works better young, so Teela would have to be also.

Honestly, she could play ten years tounger. Also, IMDB isn't always accurate I've read her birthdate as 1978 on a bunch of sites too.
    "All of the figures in the new MOTU Classics line will have a look that is an homage to the original toy lines from the 1980s." - Scott "Toyguru" Neitlich

BAND
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-O0lmC1Y0E
    http://www.myspace.com/thesickpleazures
    ART
    http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/c...tworkgalleries
    PHOTOS
    http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/1723839/0

She's looks the part, AND she looks like she could be a warrior-woman. She's certainly got that great, Frazetta-like, statuesque build that the original MOTU concepts and art are based on, and she can certainly act. Mad Men is a great show.
    "Dear sweet jumping Jesus!" is all I have to say when I see that woman.

I don't think she should play Teela, but I'm a-okay with seeing pictures of her. I need to get into Mad Men one of these days. Also, I'm 100% positive there's no morphing on her pictures either.

Honestly, I'd rather see her as Sorceress than Teela and I've never seen this woman act.

Have you seen the newest Rambo movie, or Punisher Warzone?
    Saw Rambo, she played her part well in that, but didn't see Punisher though because I was lucky enough to see a trailer for it before throwing away that time and cash.

By choosing Rambo though, you have just made my point for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    That's not fair nor accurate!

Have you ever seen "a dead pigeon" do Hamlet?

He was wonderful!
    Dead pigeon puppet theatre?
    Last edited by fantombe; June 7, 2010 at 05:53am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Eamon you're a great artist, and your heart's in the right place, but you're acting way too high and mighty. You've been responding to various people's choices in this thread alone as if you're in charge of casting the actual (hypothetical) film. Isn't the whole point of this thread to allow people to express THEIR thoughts about who is ideal for a MOTU film? You don't make it seem that way. You seem to want to act as the official word on the matter, and when you are presented with a point that you can't steamroll over, you resort to elitist, "you do better then" challenges.

I never said I didn't think Pavelka was right or wrong for the part. I said that he was untested, and pointed out that you're decrying a working actress for a part that may or may not even exist (She-Ra), while rabidly endorsing a model for the biggest role in the project. I agree that Pavelka is the best candidate so far based on all of the necessary criteria, except for acting ability. That part is largely unknown. I'm hoping he has the goods.

I'm not any more or less qualified to judge acting ability than any other member of the general populace, and I find your own unqualified implication that anyone with a strong opinion that runs contrary to your own MUST have some higher credentials to be absurd, and a bit insulting. Benz's Buffy popularity has more to do with the fact that the show itself was popular more so than her character. I don't think she would make the short list of most popular characters from that show. Loken's female Terminator character is probably equally as popular as the "Darla" character, and also more a result of the Terminator franchise's overall popularity. You're quick to point out Benz's role on Dexter, but overlook Loken's well received role on another Showtime critical fave, The L Word. I guess my ultimate point between Loken and Benz is that, again, we're not dealing with potential future Oscar winners here. BUT I feel that Loken is the female Pavelka in regards to She-Ra, and believe it would be much less of an acting stretch for her to play that character than it would be for Julie Benz to become a credible Evil-Lyn.

If you disagree, then great. That's the beauty of free-speech, and open discussion forums.
    Of course!
    But I did not read on your post the words 'in my opinion'. You just said they were this or that.

You must also be aware that very few think that Loken is a good actress.

When someone comes in with such a sweeping statement as you did and with a point of view that few agree with. In this case you saying Kristina Loken is a good actress and Julie Benz is 'abhorrently bad'.
    Then yes, it may come off as high and mighty to the person with that opinion but only because it's goes against general critical opinion. ie the fact that Loken is not a good actress.

I like the movie Kull the Conquerer but I'm not gonna sit here and say Kevin Sorbo is better than Keifer Sutherland. I do not even watch 24.
    If I did, I'm sure somebody would say that it a crazy statement and I may feel they are high and mighty too.

As for Jesse. My point still stands. I dare you or anybody esle to find someone better.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

The words "in my opinion" aren't the only ones you didn't read in my posts. I also never said "Kristanna Loken is a good actress".

Also, my labeling you as "high and mighty" IS NOT referring to the fact that you disagree with some of my opinions. I called you that because you speak in absolutes about your own opinions.

Also, you can quit "challenging, or daring" me to find a better He-Man than Pavelka. If you read or absorbed what I wrote in the post you friggin quoted, you would have seen this part

Originally Posted by invaziondrummer I agree that Pavelka is the best candidate so far
    Finally, what I can't get over about this is that even though there are almost no tangible, and legit performances to judge Pavelka's actual acting ability. Yet, after watching one goofy interview, you deem him "competent enough to deliver lines well". Really? Eamon, you're bordering on hypocrisy, except it's worse because you scoff at my suggestion when I'm talking about a legit, working actress who at least has a body of work to judge. She too is "competent enough". Yet somehow she's not right in your mind? But it's OK for someone you've picked to be "competent enough" and that makes him suitable to carry a major, studio feature?

I'm really at a loss here.
    Last edited by invaziondrummer; June 11, 2010 at 12:45pm.
    "All of the figures in the new MOTU Classics line will have a look that is an homage to the original toy lines from the 1980s." - Scott "Toyguru" Neitlich

BAND
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-O0lmC1Y0E
    http://www.myspace.com/thesickpleazures
    ART
    http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/c...tworkgalleries
    PHOTOS
    http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/1723839/0

As far as The Sorceress is concerned, I've gotta go with Jane Seymour because...I mean MY GOD! What isn't perfect about her?

Yes, Jane Seymour is perfect.

THIS ONE SEEMS IDEAL TO BE 'SHOPPED INTO A TEELA COSTUME

Give me Christina Hendricks for Frosta.

Oh Christina Hendricks for anything please!!!
    www.eamonart.com

Two words... "Got Milk?"
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Widget
    I think Vanessa Williams would be able to play Evil Lyn well. (Actually she would have made the perfect Storm in the X-men movies but Halle Berry...erm... nvm. )

I just got into HBO's True Blood. After watching the first 2 seasons on On Demand, I think Deborah Ann Woll(Jessica) would make a great Teela...

She's already got the red hair, is relatively young(25), and is pretty without being anorexic or an advertisement for plastic surgery.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; June 20, 2010 at 09:40pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Yeah, she could work too.

I think casting Teela, Evil Lyn and the Sorceress will be relatively easy. Plenty of fine choices out there.

My fav for Teela is still Erica Durance though!
    www.eamonart.com

I say there's plenty of undiscovered talent out there that could fit the shoes of these characters very well and shouldn't be limited by what big names are out there. I would hope He-Man would sell itself on the name and that the story and characters would sell it.

They just better not screw up this movie though. That's all I'm worried about.
    Horde Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Horde Lord View Post
    They just better not screw up this movie though. That's all I'm worried about.
    Whatever movie they produce, they'll have screwed it up for a whole bunch of fans, so I wouldn't waste energy worrying about that kind of thing!

Since making my previous suggestion of Markus Shakesheff for Blade, I now push him aside in favour of Adoni Maropis.

What can I say. Hollywood's a fickle place.
    Last edited by fantombe; June 24, 2010 at 07:56am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    How about Chris Tucker for He-Man?

Hear me out on this one. First of all, The Masters of the Universe has always been a particularly white franchise. This would be a perfect opportunity to inject some multiculturalism into the film--and what better way to make a statement on the aspect of race than by making the lead character black?

Now, look at that picture from The 5th Element. We KNOW Chris tucker can pull off blond because of his hair in that movie. And He-Man HAS to be blond, so I think Chris Tucker might be one of the few black people who would just look perfect in that part.

Before you criticize my choice, ask yourself whether you really believe that he's a bad candidate for the role, or whether your own racial prejudices are preventing you from seeing why he is the man for the job.

Oh, and don't forget the voice!
    Formerly Mark_Palenik

Quote Originally Posted by He-Jutsu View Post
    How about Chris Tucker for He-Man?

http://ladjevic.com/dusan/wp-content...th-element.jpg

Hear me out on this one. First of all, The Masters of the Universe has always been a particularly white franchise. This would be a perfect opportunity to inject some multiculturalism into the film--and what better way to make a statement on the aspect of race than by making the lead character black?

Now, look at that picture from The 5th Element. We KNOW Chris tucker can pull off blond because of his hair in that movie. And He-Man HAS to be blond, so I think Chris Tucker might be one of the few black people who would just look perfect in that part.

Before you criticize my choice, ask yourself whether you really believe that he's a bad candidate for the role, or whether your own racial prejudices are preventing you from seeing why he is the man for the job.

Oh, and don't forget the voice!

This isn't thread about casting and not about racism.
    If you want to talk racism then we got a place called the Tar Swamp.

Not sure what your angle is here at all!
    www.eamonart.com

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    They could just cut his costume from the picture you posted in to just a loin cloth right?
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

I off over to the Superman boards to suggest that he be played by Jackie Chan in the next movie.

They are sure to freak out and I then label them as racists making me feel very rightious indeed.
    www.eamonart.com

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I off over to the Superman boards to suggest that he be played by Jackie Chan in the next movie.

They are sure to freak out and I then label them as racists making me feel very rightious indeed.

You said that to be funny, but you really meant it right?
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post

You said that to be funny, but you really meant it right?
    Oh yeah, I'm dead serious.

If folks don't think that Jackie Chan can't play Superman well then that says a lot about them doesn't it??!
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by fantombe View Post
    Since making my previous suggestion of Markus Shakesheff for Blade, I now push him aside in favour of Adoni Maropis.
    Why not just use Anthony DeLongis again as Blade? He is still active in the industry, and his sword skills are even sharper then they were 24 years ago. He is also a master with the whip and with throwing weapons. Since he was a secondary character in the original film, I don't see why they couldn't just cast him again. They could even change the look of his character to make him seem like a whole new character all together. Same goes for Pons Maar as Saurod, who has even said that he would work on another MOTU project if he was asked.

If they don't put Blade and Saurod in a new movie, I say they cast Anthony as Tri-Klops, and Pons Maar as Mer-Man.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; June 28, 2010 at 03:29pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    This isn't thread about casting and not about racism.
    If you want to talk racism then we got a place called the Tar Swamp.

Not sure what your angle is here at all!
    See, this proves that you don't have any reasonable objection to Chris Tucker playing He-Man. Look at the picture. He has:

1) The physique
    2) The hair
    3) The voice

so, what exactly is your problem with that casting decision?

BTW, despite his age, I support your case for Jackie Chan as Superman.
    Last edited by He-Jutsu; June 28, 2010 at 03:39pm.
    Formerly Mark_Palenik

Quote Originally Posted by He-Jutsu View Post
    See, this proves that you don't have any reasonable objection to Chris Tucker playing He-Man. Look at the picture. He has:

1) The physique
    2) The hair
    3) The voice

so, what exactly is your problem with that casting decision?

BTW, despite his age, I support your case for Jackie Chan as Superman.
    Oh yeah this totaly proves your point!!
    Anybody who doesn't want Chris Tucker as He-man must be racist!

We are indeed exposed by your uncanny insights.
    www.eamonart.com