Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1655

Thread: Dream Cast for MOTU

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar

Tired of waiting for Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-at-Arms View Post
    Oh, I think Dolph could be a great King Grayskull.

King Grayskull doesn't need the charisma that an actor who plays He-Man will require. The movie just needs a LOTR style introduction to set up Eternia, Grayskull and the power sword. Maybe King Grayskull vs Hordak is the "Great War"?

I'd like the movie to mesh the original mini-comics with the 2 animated shows stories.

?
    If he is a good actor he can play charisma.
    I know theatre actors that can do this.

Ryan Kwanten as Icarius/Flipshot.

Diana Ross as The Sorceress... Marcia Cross as Evil Lyn... Denzel Washington could be a neat ManAtArms... Nick Frost as RamMAn... Trevor Donovan is a good call for Adam/HeMan... Michael Sheen as Keldor/Skeletor... Josh Brolin as Randor... Courtney Cox as Marlena... Christoher Lee as aging Marzo... Hank Azaria as ManEFaces... Zach Galifianakis as Beast Man... Bryan Cranston as Trab Jaw.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Quote Originally Posted by Moominsthenmotu View Post
    Diana Ross as The Sorceress... Marcia Cross as Evil Lyn... Denzel Washington could be a neat ManAtArms... Nick Frost as RamMAn... Trevor Donovan is a good call for Adam/HeMan... Michael Sheen as Keldor/Skeletor... Josh Brolin as Randor... Courtney Cox as Marlena... Christoher Lee as aging Marzo... Hank Azaria as ManEFaces... Zach Galifianakis as Beast Man... Bryan Cranston as Trab Jaw.
    Some of your choices are making my head do spins of confusion and revolt. However I have to say that Michael Sheen, Josh Brolin, Courtney Cox (for nostalgia's sake), Trevor Donovan, and Bryan Cranston are excellent choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    Ryan Kwanten as Icarius/Flipshot.
    Its hard for me to picture Ryan as anything other than dumb as nails Jason Stackhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-at-Arms View Post
    I think older stars can be used for certain supporting roles and bring credibility. You can't have all no names.

A new guy for He-man would be smart, but I don't want some 20 year old guy. Needs to be at least 30. For many of the rest it's about how well they play in make-up since having the right villains is key. Some actors aren't well known but they are amazing when in make-up (like Ron Pearlman or Doug Jones, who could be Beast Man and Mer-Man)

Too bad Chris Hemsworth is already Thor because he has a perfect look and charisma, which Dolph was lacking.

I love Michael Fassbender and I think playing Skeletor would be a great chance for him to ham it up like Langella! His roles have been sort of subtle but he'd kill in the role! Hugo Weaving would have been perfect if not for him already being Red Skull.

If not Fassbender I honestly think Michael Keaton could do an awesome job as Skeletor and could revel in the opportunity to be in a big production again.

I can see Bruce Willis being Man-at-Arms or maybe Liam Neeson.

Teela could be an unknown (she should definitely be hotter than the chick in '87 though).
    I agree with you, a cast that is a mixed of new faces and seasoned familiar actors would be nice for this film. For me The Watchmen was a fantastic film, and its cast of virtual unknowns were perfect, but I seem to be in a vast minority on that thought.

Yeah Chris Hemsworth may have fit the bill for He-Man, but now he is Thor and that's that. Michael Fassbender could be an awesome Skeletor. Now its a toss up between him and Michael Sheen (not Keaton, I don't think he could pull it off) for me. Both awesome choices. I'm kind of bored of Hugo Weaving. Next please.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; January 2, 2012 at 08:56pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Hear me out on this one, but I'm thinking ..... Dwane 'the rock' Johnson, would be a amazing Skeletor, hey old skeleys
    Buff too

I think Skelly is a two fold complex character to do right. they need to have one actor with a decent build do the physical work and someone like Jeremy Irons to do the voice. I think it would be perfectly plausible since the skull will more than likely be CGI.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    I think Skelly is a two fold complex character to do right. they need to have one actor with a decent build do the physical work and someone like Jeremy Irons to do the voice. I think it would be perfectly plausible since the skull will more than likely be CGI.
    It worked with Darth Vader in the original Star Wars movies...
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

Even though I love my Dream Cast, why would anyone trade for it? Now, a Turbo Grafx 16, YES!
    Last edited by Falconhood; January 20, 2012 at 09:16am.
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    It worked with Darth Vader in the original Star Wars movies...
    Do tell..
    (..and do you know if they actualy cut off Mark Hamill's head in that cave in 'Empire', cause I havn't seen him in many movies?)

..well 'Corvette Summer', which was cool.

(although there was no voice over stuff in it)
    Last edited by Eternian-King Paul; January 20, 2012 at 08:50am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    They may not need to do any voice overs if they find the right actor. Look at how heath Ledger got into the Joker role. If they find a dedicated actor that can throw themselves into the role physically and mentally it should be just fine. Plus a voice over may not work that well unless Skeletors face is all CGI.

What if Skeletor is simply wearing a mask?

Otherwise you need to explain why his face is a skull, (and not relate it to the skull door of GreySkull, which is clearly a pigman).

There is this thought I had about creature people in Eternia with animal faces and/or people faces.
    I thought what if Skeletor had a magic that could make a creature face look more human.. and what if it took his face away in place of theirs, or more or less back-fired on him, leaving him with a skull, (be it floating or that egg-pudding face he had in '87.).

Heroic Warrior
    Hmmmm I think the best way for the skull face to work (in a movie way) would be for him to have a ruined face from the acid, kinda like twoface in bat man, but not as ridiculous.... ( the guy had a lidless perfectly round functioning eye in a face with no flesh!!!) which he could keep covered with a gold ornate skull mask/helmet, so with the mask on or off he would still resemble Skeletor, but be more believable / acceptable to the movie going public.

This is a franchise with giant green tigers that people ride, barbarians who fly on machines, and underwater warlords who look like fish. There is no need to explain why Skeletor looks like a walking skeleton. Darth Vader became one of the most popular villains of all time with little explanation as to what he was(at least until the sequel 3 years later). Overexplaining everything has not only taken a lot of the fun out of MOTU for me, it's done the same for other franchises as well. I don't know if it's Hollywood, the general public, or both, but can't we watch, read, or listen to something for entertainment's sake without worrying about a "valid" explanation for every piece of minutia?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    This is a franchise with giant green tigers that people ride, barbarians who fly on machines, and underwater warlords who look like fish. There is no need to explain why Skeletor looks like a walking skeleton. Darth Vader became one of the most popular villains of all time with little explanation as to what he was(at least until the sequel 3 years later). Overexplaining everything has not only taken a lot of the fun out of MOTU for me, it's done the same for other franchises as well. I don't know if it's Hollywood, the general public, or both, but can't we watch, read, or listen to something for entertainment's sake without worrying about a "valid" explanation for every piece of minutia?
    Agreed 100%.

The most well-known and beloved MotU characters are absolutely archetypal, visceral, and as such very self-explanatory.
    Trying to "explain" Skeletor is how you get into trouble and start concocting (IMO) lame convoluted stuff like Demo-Man.

IMO a lot of the fun about looking at a character like Skeletor is either:

a) just going with it (<-----best way)

or

b) wondering how he got that way, but never knowing

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    IMO a lot of the fun about looking at a character like Skeletor is either:

a) just going with it (<-----best way)

or

b) wondering how he got that way, but never knowing
    They could have some fun with it, like the scene in Empire when we get a quick shot of the back of Vader's sickly pasty white head without the helmet. Someone could sneak a peak at Skeletor with his hood down and see just a floating skull with no neck (or something equally weird), before he pulls the hood up, turns around and gets back to business.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Exactly!

That's one of the reasons that Star Wars worked out so well. The audience was dropped into a universe with little or no explanation about much of anything. They were just treated as if the SW Universe was the status quo.

That's how Masters should be treated.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    That's one of the reasons that Star Wars worked out so well. The audience was dropped into a universe with little or no explanation about much of anything. They were just treated as if the SW Universe was the status quo.
    I'll add my voice to this point-of-view.

We don't need to know how Adam got his sword, Skeletor turned into a monster, blah blah, whatever.

I want to see Skeletor trying to get into Greyskull & He-Man stopping him. That's enough plot for a 2 hour action/sci-fi/fantasy movie.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I think the film should just start out in the midst of a battle! But we don't see He-man yet. We need to see Adam transform into He-Man. Then go on from there. I wouldn't mind seeing how Adam got the sword. It should be filmed and can eventually cut out if need be. But for how Keldor becomes Skeletor that could be used for the sequel film. But the central plot should be Skeletor wanting to get in to Castle Grayskull for it's secrets and power! A flash back sequence should be done to explain why the Castle is so important. Maybe show about King Grayskull, if used.

Also I really like this fan made film trailer.

"I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Nice trailer. I would personally perfer a more "barbarian" feel than tons of flying ships/lasers etc.

I think the maker should have also asked "Who is Master of the Universe?" rather than "Who is Master of them all?" IMHO.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I think you might want to cast the role of Skeletor before deciding what his face looks like.

Also,, the importance of GreySkull,, how about knoledge,, like in that episode were Batros stoal all the books in Eternia, and everyone agreed that books are the most valuable things in Eternia.
    What if Castle GreySkull is just a sort of archive and resourse library, but the books and stones are not free to rent out.

Am I the only one who sees the pigman face on GreySkull??

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    Do tell..
    (..and do you know if they actualy cut off Mark Hamill's head in that cave in 'Empire', cause I havn't seen him in many movies?)

..well 'Corvette Summer', which was cool.

(although there was no voice over stuff in it)
    If they had really cut off his head in ESB, the Joker would not have been nearly so cool in Batman: The Animated Series
    Mark does a lot of voice-over work himself these days.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

Don't forget 'Gyver'.

..it would be tragic to forget.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Another actress who could make a good Teela is Jane Levy.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; February 3, 2012 at 08:41pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

..she needs to work out more. Pump iron and stuff.

Widget
    Willem defoe or tim roth as Skeletor, both have proven how brilliantly they can act and convey creepy from under make up.