Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Cast for MOTU

Quote Originally Posted by ivan View Post
    If you have a problem with actresses who have had cosmetic jobs done, that would leave you with... well, no one.
    I was just referring to cologen!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Cristian Solimeno

Here's a guy that could be Keldor: Cristian Solimeno. He was on Footballer's Wives, and Highlander: The Source.

Here is a link to a picture:

http://www.footballerswives.tv/image...2_p14_1280.jpg

Playful and charming, yet at the same time, definately having an air of superiority. If not Keldor, I can also see him as Tri-Klops.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by hawggie View Post
    Here's a guy that could be Keldor: Cristian Solimeno. He was on Footballer's Wives, and Highlander: The Source.

Playful and charming, yet at the same time, definately having an air of superiority. If not Keldor, I can also see him as Tri-Klops.
    Looking at that pic, I totally agree. I think he'd make an awesome Keldor.

As for Triklops, although it is definitely too late to use this guy, but wouldn't Rowdy Roddy Piper have made the perfect Triklops back in the day? I think the filmation design looks a lot like Roddy used to.

Quote Originally Posted by hawggie View Post

Looks good to me! I can see him as either!
    Quote Originally Posted by O'hartley View Post
    I believe someone mentioned Marcia Cross as the Sorceress. That would be cool!

I'm still supporting Courteney Cox Arquette for Evil Lyn! There my two cents. =)

That would be cool for her to come back to another He-Man movie as Evil-Lyn, considering she was the innocent teenager in the first. The choice seems cool for fan flair, but how would her acting be? Could she convince us that she's evil?

Quote Originally Posted by funkypunkyboy View Post
    Looks good to me! I can see him as either!

That would be cool for her to come back to another He-Man movie as Evil-Lyn, considering she was the innocent teenager in the first. The choice seems cool for fan flair, but how would her acting be? Could she convince us that she's evil?
    I liked what I saw from her in Scream 1 and 2. Check on them and tell me what you think!
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

O'hartley

She played cold and witchy in her show Dirt and it worked really well. I totally bought it.
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

Looks-wise, what do you guys think about this one as a potential Evil-Lyn?

Don't let her size fool ya. Kira Clavell is a trained martial artist.

Jodi Lyn O'Keefe, currently on Prison Break, has a great look for Evil Lynn. She reminds me a bit of the actress from the MOTU movie that did play Evil Lynn.

Looking for 200x figures MOC: Stratos Claw Attack. Send PM with offers.

Great Traders: Bobubott, bigassbuzz, umbloo, vancak, CRAZYMOTUFAN, CringerMyBestFriend, Amberbratt, JustariusX, Zodak74, Shadowsnake, SirBushnell, air23cnhit, skeletorsambora, Daviono1080, Brett, aschoenbart.

Check out www.hyveofvillainy.com

Member of the Royal Family JimmyPSHayes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Epizo1 View Post
    Jodi Lyn O'Keefe, currently on Prison Break, has a great look for Evil Lynn. She reminds me a bit of the actress from the MOTU movie that did play Evil Lynn.

I think she'd make a great Evil Lynn. And I totally have my heart set on Tom Selleck playing Man at Arms.
    I love it when a plan comes together.

Tom Selleck's not a bad choice. I just saw "Tombstone" recently...a moustache doesn't look that bad on Kurt Russell or Val Kilmer. They're both age-appropriate, and I could picture either of those guys in the role of Duncan.
    ...and I'm spent...

Mandola [my band!]

Heroic Warrior

Forget everyone else, here's the one who is made for role of He-man, I mean, just check out that hair

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    I disagree.
    Sorry for responding so late to this. I must have missed it back in early October somehow.

Why would you want the worst of both worlds?

My thinking is this, Darth... the Sorceress is a profoundly spiritual character, like Galadriel from Lord of the Rings. With such characters, age should make the character more serene and trainquil; it's a reflection on the importance of their role, and its ties to mystical purpose-ful elements.

Galadriel, in my mind, was quite sugary sweet. If it's fine for her (and I don't recall you ever saying otherwise when you spoke of the Lord of the Rings), why isn't it fine for the Sorceress?

That being said, I can actually see a young Sorceress being a bit angry and bitter - to be denied the typical life of a young woman to be the caretaker of an old castle. However, I'd like to think that characters like the Sorceress have an inherent spirituality and wisdom which would make them nicer and warmer as they grew older and wiser.

I don't think she needs to be a terribly likeable character. I totally preferred her characterization in the MYP series.
    I'll say this... for a young Sorceress, that characterization can make sense.

For an older Sorceress... no. An older Sorceress should know better, and care more, quite frankly, Darth. With access to a virtual treasure trove of universal knowledge and wisdom, she should be a better person for it, at least over time, Darth.

Anyway, I totally perfered her characterization in the Filmation series, but you probably already knew that.

She was more distant and to me she felt realistic because of it.
    I would find it unrealistic in an older Sorceress. Or... I'd find Castle Grayskull itself less impressive. If Castle Grayskull can't imbue its own guardian with some sense of personal satisfaction and happiness - so much so that she can be nice, and warm, to others - then that makes Castle Grayskull lose a lot of its character in my eyes. It becomes more like a cold, worthless tomb than a treasure trove of ancient wisdom and power.

I can't imagine a person being in her situation who was as sugary sweet as the classic version.
    I think you're only looking at the downside of her position. Again, Castle Grayskull is so full of information that you could spend a fulfilling lifetime simply absorbing it all. Also, it's not like the Sorceress goes ages with out company. Going by the Filmation cartoon, she's playing host to visitors every other day.
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

I just want to paint... paddavis's Avatar
    I'd like to see Julianne Morris as the Sorceress!

Julianne Morris #2

Quote Originally Posted by paddavis View Post
    I'd like to see Julianne Morris as the Sorceress!
    She's do fine!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Sean Bean as MAA.

He ruled in Troy and LOTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_He-Man View Post
    If she seems motherly in apperance, then she should act that way, shouldn't she?

What's the point of making the Sorceress look motherly if she's not going to have a Filmation-esque personality?

An older-looking lady who isn't very nice = not appealing to fans.

With the Sorceress, either go MYP (young looking, but more cold), or go Filmation (older looking, but warm and motherly), not with older, but cold... ugh...
    Make it a mix. Filmation's look with MYP's power. Make her kind, but distant. Like she can see through to your very soul.

I think she should be like Galadriel in LOTR. Beautiful, but not hot (That's Teela), but a timeless, classic beauty. The Sorceress is immortal--doesn't age. Stuck in her prime forever.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; November 19, 2007 at 03:41pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The current Mr. Olympia would make a good He-Man for the movie.

Meet the current Mr. O here:

http://jaycutler.com/
    THE HUNTER OF MOTU

Granted, he does look the part. But the question is can he act? It's all well and good having muscles the size of a small country, but it's worth diddly if he has all the acting ability of a chocolate wrapper.
    - This signature has been confiscated by a disgruntled badger.

Evil fears the Knight mattnotis's Avatar
    He's 5'9''
    Wabawalawoo!!!

Co-Creator of the NV
    He-Man doesn't need a talented actor. He's a completely one-dimensional character. All he needs to do is be gigantic, muscular and act heroic.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagar View Post
    All of which would not an entertaining film make.

I'm not be funny or trying to be confrontatinal, Darth Latveria, but reading this and some of your other posts and threads I am curious about what exactly you like about Masters of the Universe. From what posts and threads I have read you don't appear to be keen on a several things to do with it.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I do find it odd.)
    Long story short, I think that it's a really good concept overall that in my opinion was generally done badly (outside of MYP).

As for the thing about He-Man and the acting requirements, i don't think that every character on the planet needs to have depth and complexity. Some characters are meant to be very simple and one dimensional, which is actually a very good thing because they exist in contrast to the complex and deep characters. I don't see He-Man's simplicity as a bad thing at all, because I don't feel that all characters need depth. Sometimes you can just have someone be good and heroic for the sake of being good and heroic.

Edit:

I never actually voiced what I thought about this guy as He-Man. He looks great and has a wonderful build for it, but at 5'9" he's too short, although that can be dealt with similarly to how they made Gimli look short in LOTR.
    Last edited by Darth Latveria; December 1, 2007 at 08:14pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Long story short, I think that it's a really good concept overall that in my opinion was generally done badly (outside of MYP).
    Which is fair enough, because I'm not going to hold a gun to anybody's head for not liking He-Man or She-Ra or whatever. I pretty much like Masters of the Universe in all its forms. As I mentioned, I find it odd that you like the seed but not the plant, but that's ok.

As for the thing about He-Man and the acting requirements, i don't think that every character on the planet needs to have depth and complexity. Some characters are meant to be very simple and one dimensional, which is actually a very good thing because they exist in contrast to the complex and deep characters. I don't see He-Man's simplicity as a bad thing at all, because I don't feel that all characters need depth. Sometimes you can just have someone be good and heroic for the sake of being good and heroic.
    True, I don't think that every character should have super-complicated backgrounds or personalities wither. I don't need Beast Man to be much more than a barely intelligent jungle inhabitant or for Battle Cat to be anything more than a reliable guard-dog/cat with a bite that could be featured in some cool fight scenes, but I think He-Man, seeing as he is THE MAIN CHARACTER, should have a few wrinkles to his personality.

If a film can feature He-Man with these characteristics then I'd be happy:

- He's likable
    - He's a hero
    - He performs amazing physical feats of strength of endurance
    - He's brave
    - He can be given a challenge to overcome despite some difficulty
    - He's admired by those around him
    - He has the conscience of a well-rounded and considerate individual
    - He shows concern in some fashion and has a degree of intelligence about him

A buff and tough body beautiful is fine for the aesthetic of He-Man, but it's not enough to hold attention or interest within a decent story.

I think he looks gross. I much prefer the 4H's deluxe statue version of He-Man, where he's obviously tough but not Hulk-like.

After all, He-Man's strength is magical, it doesn't come from his muscies.

He-Man doesn't need a talented actor. He's a completely one-dimensional character. All he needs to do is be gigantic, muscular and act heroic.
    Many people had a problem with exactly that in the 87 movie.

...I much prefer He-Man to have acting skills and be more emotional this time around.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mattnotis View Post
    He's 5'9''
    . . . and he weighs between 274 and 310 pounds. His physique is absurd.

Heroic Warrior BattleCatsMyDaddy's Avatar
    I for one think that he looks great for He-Man..... granted that a talented young actor plays Adam. He-Man the huge, buff powerhouse guardian of Grayskull, actually doesn't have to be in the movie too long, especially if its an origin story of sorts as we have been led to believe by Mr. Marks (in the toyfair interview, unless i read that wrong). This means that essentially a decent acting coach and a good stuntman/fight coordinator are all Mr. Olympia needs to fulfill the requirements of He-Man for this (presumably) first movie. In the case that it becomes a trilogy then he would have a couple years between films (or at least a year between filming) in order to hone his acting. Its really not that big a deal. If the director is patient enough and the guy's really trying, then he'll give enough good takes to come off looking like Sean Connery or Russel Crowe when the film debuts. at least we can pray......