Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Cast for MOTU

Quote Originally Posted by BattleCatsMyDaddy View Post
    I for one think that he looks great for He-Man..... granted that a talented young actor plays Adam. He-Man the huge, buff powerhouse guardian of Grayskull, actually doesn't have to be in the movie too long, especially if its an origin story of sorts as we have been led to believe by Mr. Marks (in the toyfair interview, unless i read that wrong). This means that essentially a decent acting coach and a good stuntman/fight coordinator are all Mr. Olympia needs to fulfill the requirements of He-Man for this (presumably) first movie. In the case that it becomes a trilogy then he would have a couple years between films (or at least a year between filming) in order to hone his acting. Its really not that big a deal. If the director is patient enough and the guy's really trying, then he'll give enough good takes to come off looking like Sean Connery or Russel Crowe when the film debuts. at least we can pray......
    I can see that. Good point. But yea, Jay Cutler is 5'9 as stated above...maybe another body buider whos a bit taller could work.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Vega View Post
    Many people had a problem with exactly that in the 87 movie.

...I much prefer He-Man to have acting skills and be more emotional this time around.
    My problem with him in the 87 movie was that he was faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too small for my tastes. Mind you, considering the overall product, that complaints falls pretty low on the list, haha.

I also agree with BattleCatsMyDaddy when he stated that it would work if Adam had a decent actor. I think that Adam definitely needs an actor with some range in him. On a side note, I should explicitly point out that my comments about the acting needs of He-Man are based on the assumption that Adam is played by another actor (which i hope to God is what happens). If Adam and He-Man are the same actor, then the guy will need some acting skills, although I don't think that his skills will save the movie at that point, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleCatsMyDaddy View Post
    I for one think that he looks great for He-Man..... granted that a talented young actor plays Adam. He-Man the huge, buff powerhouse guardian of Grayskull, actually doesn't have to be in the movie too long, especially if its an origin story of sorts as we have been led to believe by Mr. Marks (in the toyfair interview, unless i read that wrong).

Who's gonna buy some skinny little runt turning into someone like The Rock or Triple H?

You might've been able to pull that off in the 70's, but not today.

They may well do the Hulk thing and CGI He-Man.
    Last edited by Mirage; December 2, 2007 at 03:01am.

Beowulf proved that, at some level, an actor of the quality of Ray Winstone could be CGI moulded into a leading man - if the Beowulf/Polar Express technique was perfected by the time cameras rolled, they could do this. even though they should go with a teen actor for Adam and Gerard Butler for He-Man (Beowulf-ised if need be) IMHO.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

It doesn't matter who you get to play He-Man.

Is the audience REALLY going to buy some scrawny unknown teen actor transforming into Gerard Butler?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    It doesn't matter who you get to play He-Man.

Is the audience REALLY going to buy some scrawny unknown teen actor transforming into Gerard Butler?
    I'll enrage you even more - how about this idea? Adam is played by a chubby late-teens actor, whom no-one would suspect to be He-Man. He is complacent and spoiled after years in the palace as wars rage about them. Duncan is angered by his "Fiddling/eating while eternia burns" approach, and Randor is at a loss. Then one day his battle-hardened daughter Teela is kidnapped. Man-At-Arms snaps, this being the final straw, and, knowing something of Adam's birthright, drags him kicking and screaming to the sorceress where his new alternate life as He-Man begins. Adam and eternia benefit in the process.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Quote Originally Posted by Moominsthenmotu View Post
    how about this idea? Adam is played by a chubby late-teens actor, whom no-one would suspect to be He-Man. He is complacent and spoiled after years in the palace as wars rage about them. Duncan is angered by his "Fiddling/eating while eternia burns" approach, and Randor is at a loss. Then one day his battle-hardened daughter Teela is kidnapped. Man-At-Arms snaps, this being the final straw, and, knowing something of Adam's birthright, drags him kicking and screaming to the sorceress where his new alternate life as He-Man begins. Adam and eternia benefit in the process.

Hmm ... Fat spoiled brat.

It's an interesting twist to the MOTU mythos.

I like it!

P.S., If you REALLY want to stir up a hornet's nest, try weighing in on the "MOTU Earth Connection" issue.
    Last edited by Mirage; December 2, 2007 at 05:11am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Moominsthenmotu View Post
    Beowulf proved that, at some level, an actor of the quality of Ray Winstone could be CGI moulded into a leading man - if the Beowulf/Polar Express technique was perfected by the time cameras rolled, they could do this. even though they should go with a teen actor for Adam and Gerard Butler for He-Man (Beowulf-ised if need be) IMHO.
    That's what I've been thinking since I heard Beowulf starred "synthespians" - Masters of the Universe would more than likely be better off filmed that way too.

Member of the Royal Family JimmyPSHayes's Avatar
    Even though I haven't seen Beowulf, I really hope that the movie has "real" actors. I would be really disappointed if it was CGI like Beowulf or Polar Express. I think they could totally pull off a great film using actors combined with green screen/CGI backgrounds like Star Wars or Sin City.
    I love it when a plan comes together.

Who's gonna buy some skinny little runt turning into someone like The Rock or Triple H?
    Everybody will. Thats what Prince Adam (an average guy) turns into..A big Body Builder called He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria
    My problem with him in the 87 movie was that he was faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too small for my tastes. Mind you, considering the overall product, that complaints falls pretty low on the list, haha.
    I thought Dolph Lundgren was perfect for He-Man at the time. I didnt even have a problem with his acting either. But like I said, this time around I want He-Man to speak his mind more a bit...If he doesnt then I would be fine with that too.

Orko Lives!!!

I give you Orko!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    THE HUNTER OF MOTU

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS-ORION View Post
    I give you Orko!!!
    Nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by mattnotis View Post
    He's 5'9''
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    . . . and he weighs between 274 and 310 pounds. His physique is absurd.
    To steal APOE's 'funny' from a long time ago...

Maybe he can be Rotar.

Everybody will. Thats what Prince Adam (an average guy) turns into..A big Body Builder called He-Man.

My main objection was having him physically turn into another actor entirely.
    Last edited by Mirage; December 2, 2007 at 03:00pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Another actor as "scrawny" as Prince Adam? I'm not following you...

Another actor as "scrawny" as Prince Adam? I'm not following you...

I was thinking along the lines of Tom Welling suddenly turning into Triple H.

There's a point where it becomes unbelievable.
    Last edited by Mirage; December 2, 2007 at 04:16pm.

Ya know who think would make a excellent Evil Lyn...
    Becki Newton from Ugly Betty:

Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I agree that the same actor to play both Prince Adam and He-Man. The scenes featuring Prince Adam can be filmed first, and the scenes featuring He-Man can be filmed after the actor has developed a larger build. The technique used in Lord of the Rings, and 300 to change the height of certain characters could even be used to exaggerate the difference.

I was thinking along the lines of Tom Welling suddenly turning into Triple H.

There's a point where it becomes unbelievable.
    Not really. Both actors would just have to have 'simple' facial features. He-Man would be a huge blonde guy while Adam is an average blonde guy. Its not a big deal.

Not really. Both actors would just have to have 'simple' facial features. He-Man would be a huge blonde guy while Adam is an average blonde guy. Its not a big deal.
    Because all blondes look a like.

Because all blondes look a like.
    Like I said both actors would have to have a slight resemblance in thier facial features. Or facial features that are simple enough to remain almost unnoticible. I mean look at MYP for instince, Adam and He-Man dont even look alike at all...except for the blonde hair.

Like I said both actors would have to have a slight resemblance in thier facial features. Or facial features that are simple enough to remain almost unnoticible. I mean look at MYP for instince, Adam and He-Man dont even look alike at all...except for the blonde hair.
    There are people who do not think that Prince Adam and He-Man are the same person, but that they switch places. Casting separate actors to play Prince Adam and He-Man may further reinforce this, confusing general audiences.
    Last edited by Adam_Prince of Eternia; December 2, 2007 at 05:03pm.

There are people who do not think that Prince Adam and He-Man are the same person, but that they switch places.
    I don't get what you mean by this, Isnt his transformation the same thing?

I always thought it was a Billy Batson/Captain Marvel transformation. Not the Rick Jones/Captain Marvel one. I didn't mean to use 2 Captain Marvels in the same comparison.

Beth Phoenix = She-Ra

Beth Phoenix is a winner to play She-Ra! The perfect combination of stregth and beauty, the current WWE Women's Champion has the perfect physical features for the part:

...What do you guys think? Wouldnt she be absolutely perfect for the role...I think so!
    Last edited by Vega; December 2, 2007 at 10:12pm.