Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Cast for MOTU

Renne O conner is too old to play Teela. And besides anyone can be taught how to use a staff if thats even what they are going to give Teela.

As for the age of the sorceress and the film being a franchise...Thats even if this film becomes a franchise which is up in the air. And besides, maybe after two films the older sorceress will be replaced by Teela. Who knows what the direction is. I dont want some 30 something actress. I think the Sorceress needs to be older than that.

What about Dana Delany as the sorceress? She's the next Desperate housewife.

And I think Angelina Jolie is a good actress. She can pull off evil no problem.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    . . . I see Jolie as conniving little temptress, ala Original Sin. Even in Tomb Raider she just seemed sneaky . . .
    That is Evil-Lyn in 39 episodes of the Mike Young Productions Masters of the Universe series.

Co-Creator of the NV
    You know, because of the nature of the Sorceress i think they could change actresses between movies and say it was due to some sort of... phoenix rebirth, magic mumbo jumbo..

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    As for the age of the sorceress and the film being a franchise...Thats even if this film becomes a franchise which is up in the air.

Warner wouldn't even CONSIDER doing this film if it didn't have franchise potential.

And besides, maybe after two films the older sorceress will be replaced by Teela.

Do that and watch the fandom scream ("You killed the SORCERESS!?" )

Who knows what the direction is. I dont want some 30 something actress. I think the Sorceress needs to be older than that.

The Sorceress was just barely out of her teens when she assumed the mantle. Given that Teela is twenty ...

I'm trying to avoid a repeat of the `87 Christina Pickles Sorceress who spent most of the picture as a damsel-in-distress waiting for He-Man to save her. I'd like to think that women in film have evolved since then.
    Last edited by Mirage; August 26, 2007 at 01:08am.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    She's a little too old to play The Sorceress, IMO.
    Let's try to remember that the Sorceress, much like Evil-Lyn, are not spring chickens, so they should not have to be portrayed by the young, vibrant actresses that'll get teeneger's hormones running wild.

You know who I want to see play Evil-Lyn? The same woman who played her in the 87 movie...

MEG FOSTER ALL THE WAY!!!

The Sorceress was just barely out of her teens when she assumed the mantle. Given that Teela is twenty ...
    Where was it said she was barely out of her teens? In the original toon, all the women looked mega young. When she had Teela, she was old enough to have had a husband in a war. And in the new toon, Teela was 16.
    Last edited by Shokoti's Slave; August 26, 2007 at 01:21am.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Co-Creator of the NV
    Do that and watch the fandom scream ("You killed the SORCERESS!?" )
    So? Let them scream. Once in awhile you need to do something that has a lasting effect. Personally, I'd like it to happen at the end of the trilogy though.

Well, the Sorcess could've waited 10 yrs before having Teela, so that would make her 50. Besides, who knows how these magic things work? They could set it up so that she's been sorceress for hundreds of yrs and decided to have a kid more recently because it was foretold that her time would be ending soon.

I'm trying to avoid a repeat of the `87 Christina Pickles Sorceress who spent most of the picture as a damsel-in-distress waiting for He-Man to save her. I'd like to think that women in film have evolved since then.
    nahh... I'm cool with her having that role

Actually, I'd like to see her for 5 minutes at the start when Adam gets the sword, 5 minutes in the middle when he goes to talk to her about something or other and then 5 minutes at the end. All in all, I'd want her to get very little screen time and relegate her to a background role.

I immediately thought of actor Wes Ramsey for the role of Prince Adam. he has the youthful look, an athletic appearance, and he's a pretty good actor as well.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    Well, the Sorcess could've waited 10 yrs before having Teela, so that would make her 50.

Teela was an infant when she gave her up.

Besides, who knows how these magic things work? They could set it up so that she's been sorceress for hundreds of yrs and decided to have a kid more recently because it was foretold that her time would be ending soon.

That isn't canon.

Besides, would YOU sleep with a thousand-year-old woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post
    Where was it said she was barely out of her teens?

IIRC, in "The Origin of the Sorceress", the guards were screaming, "GET THE GIRL!" (The implication being that Teela-Na was somewhat young when she left Noella.)

In the original toon, all the women looked mega young. When she had Teela, she was old enough to have had a husband in a war.

She could've been a young bride who was only recently married (She was pregnant with Teela when she went to Grayskull.)

And in the new toon, Teela was 16.

Ugh ...

Did you HAVE to remind me of that? I've been trying to block it out of my mind for some time.
    Last edited by Mirage; August 26, 2007 at 01:59am.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Teela was an infant when she gave her up.
    Yeah, but if she got knocked up at 30, she could'a dumped teela on MAA around then. Then 20 yrs pass and boom, she's 50 yrs old.

That isn't canon.
    That's the beauty of MOTU... There is no canon!

There is no canon!

Oh, yes there is ... Filmation.

What about Dana Delany as the sorceress?

Can she do an English accent?

Co-Creator of the NV
    i said there was no canon, not that there was no crap that should be shot out of a cannon

i said there was no canon, not that there was no crap that should be shot out of a cannon

Really, Darth ...

Is that any way to talk about the show that launched the franchise?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    He-Man/Adam - Jason Lewis
    Skeletor - Willem Daffoe/Frank Langella
    Teela - Mandy Moore
    Evil-Lyn - Famke Jansen/Michelle Pfeiffer
    Sorceress - Sigourney Weaver
    Stratos - Gerrard Butler

Which the film will be LOOSELY based off of. If people think they are going to get a carbon copy of fimation of MYP they are sorelymistaken. It wont happen.

Can she do an English accent?
    What does teh Sorceress need an English Accent?

Furthermore the idea that the Sorceress has to be played by a young 20 something or a young 30 something is a bit trying. There are very sexy 40 and 50 year old women out there.

That's fine and I can respect that, but if she is powerful magically then I really dont see the problem with her age. They have no problem making male wizards old and crusty. So why is it that women have to be young socrceresses? Furthermore there were a lot more problems than the Sorceress being a tad older in the 80s movie.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

I still like The Rock as He-Man. If you're going to have The Rock as He-Man, it would be neat to give a villain role to Triple H... I don't really care which, just one of them (probably not Skeletor himself, though).

Angelina Jolie could do a decent Evil-Lyn, but I wouldn't want to use her in that role since she'd make a purrrrfect Catra in any She-Ra (or Horde-based) sequel.

I still like the idea of using Smallville's Lois Lane as Teela.

Jonathan Frakes (Commander Riker from Star Trek: TNG) would make a good King Randor.

If the movie is made within the next four years, Sean Connery would be a great Man-At-Arms. Any longer than that... he might be too old.

Hugo Weaving as Tri-Klops might be cool.
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

I don't think there's a better candidate for He-Man right now than 25-year old Alan Ritchson (Aquaman from "Smallville"). He's a 6'2" natural blonde and is definitely no stranger to the gym. He could bulk up even more to He-Man sized proportions with relative ease (not that he isn't ripped already). Plus, if anyone's seen his work on "Smallville", this dude can act and knows how to convey a personality on-screen, unlike Tom Welling's wooden role. He's already under contract to WB so maybe that might give him an edge when it comes to casting.

Last edited by supes78; August 26, 2007 at 09:27am.

Quote Originally Posted by supes78 View Post
    I don't think there's a better candidate for He-Man right now than Alan Ritchson (Aquaman from "Smallville"). He's a natural 6'2" blonde and is definitely no stranger to the gym. He could bulk up even more to He-Man sized proportions with relative ease (not that he isn't ripped already). Plus, if anyone's seen his work on "Smallville", this dude can act and knows how to convey a personality on-screen, unlike Tom Welling's wooden role. He's already under contract to WB so maybe that might give him an edge when it comes to casting.

He's not an outside possibility ...

Warner is not above mining The WB for talent (Brandon Routh appeared on "Gilmore Girls".)

What does teh Sorceress need an English Accent?

Because it's a character trademark?

Furthermore the idea that the Sorceress has to be played by a young 20 something or a young 30 something is a bit trying.

I agree that twenty-something would be too young. I've always envisioned The Sorceress as being in her late-thirties, early-forties.

That's fine and I can respect that, but if she is powerful magically then I really dont see the problem with her age. They have no problem making male wizards old and crusty.

If it were anything other than MOTU, I wouldn't have a problem.

At the same time, four cartoons over 25 years have established that The Sorceress is somewhat young. You can't ignore history.

Hmmm, Edward James Olmos as Man-At-Arms?

The man has been playing the same character -- Lt. Martin Castillo -- since the 80's.

I'd REALLY like MAA to be a LITTLE more animated from the neck down, thank you very much.
    Last edited by Mirage; August 26, 2007 at 12:00pm.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    The man has been playing the same character -- Lt. Martin Castillo -- since the 80's.

I'd REALLY like MAA to be a LITTLE more animated from the neck down, thank you very much.
    Castillo? Who's that? Have you seen Battlestar Galactica? I'm talking about his Adama character, he's pretty animated.

So with a few new additions provided by others I'd agree with

Teela- Laura Prepon
    Sorceress - Julianne Moore
    MAA - E.J. Olmos
    Randor - Jonathan Frakes (good one, big guy, beard, perfect)
    Evil-Lyn - Michelle Pfeiffer
    Triklops - Hugo Weaving, I could almost see the black lens of Agent Smith covering Triklops eyes now. ("Widgets are a virus that must be excised from Eternia")

Now, concerning Angelina Jolie, Canadian_He-Man mentioned Catra, now there's a role she'd be perfect for LOL
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Castillo? Who's that?

That was the character he played on "Miami Vice."

Have you seen Battlestar Galactica? I'm talking about his Adama character, he's pretty animated.
    I haven't seen a whole lot of BSG ... but judging from what I did see, he seemed to be channeling Castillo (By channeling Castillo, I meant standing around making these terse, seemingly "profound" comments.)

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    beastman-michael clark duncan
    mer-man, ray park
    triklops- Jason Statham
    trap-jaw-ron perlman
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Renne O conner is too old to play Teela. And besides anyone can be taught how to use a staff if thats even what they are going to give Teela.

As for the age of the sorceress and the film being a franchise...Thats even if this film becomes a franchise which is up in the air. And besides, maybe after two films the older sorceress will be replaced by Teela. Who knows what the direction is. I dont want some 30 something actress. I think the Sorceress needs to be older than that.

What about Dana Delany as the sorceress? She's the next Desperate housewife.

And I think Angelina Jolie is a good actress. She can pull off evil no problem.
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Dana Delany, I've loved her ever since China Beach. She's always had a very motherly presence with a bit of 'don't mess with me' underneath. She played a very convincing dominatrix in Exit to Eden. And I'm still not seeing why she would need an English accent???

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    beastman-michael clark duncan
    mer-man, ray park
    triklops- Jason Statham
    trap-jaw-ron perlman
    I would think Ray Park would need to play one of the characters who is more of a fighter like Tri-klops.

I think Jason Statham is hot hot hot and should totally play Man-at-Arms. I think he would be a convincing Eternian war veteran.

An actress that I think would be good for Teela and who is fairly unknown right now but I think is great is Sarah Roemer. She was in Disturbia and very much had Teela's demeanor, especially with her interactions with Shia Labeouf, and even fought a little. She could easily become a redhead too. Here she is...

Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

Michelle Pfeiffer would be a great Evil-Lyn, watch her in Stardust she plays an excellent evil witch.
    I think Michelle Pfeiffer or Angelie Jolie would be great for the Evil-Lyn role. I saw Stardust just last night. Michelle did a good job there. Jolie looked kind of evil in the Beowulf trailer I saw. They need a name or two in the villain roles at least.

We've covered it on and off in the main movie thread, but that thread is far too big and unwieldy at this point, which is presumably why this forum was made.

For my casting tastes... right now the only one I am sure of is that I want Nathan Jones as Beastman. He's absolutely huge and would look great in the role.
    Dude, I'm lovin' it.

Maybe, but where possible i would like them to make choices that allows for CGI to not be used. Not that I am against CGI, but if you can set it up so that it looks good without it, i recomend doing that. That's why i opted for Nathan Jones. When i first saw Troy, I seriously didn't think that he was a real person he was so big, haha.
    I agree. CGI is fine, but I've always preferred make up & costumes over CGI.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis649 View Post
    If a MOTU film will going to be filmed Man-At-Arms has to be played by Sam Elliot, the actor who played Gen."Thunderbolt" Ross in 2003 "The Incredible Hulk" film & as the Old Wild West Ghost Rider in the "Ghost Rider" film. He have the presence, the acting skills and manly sex appeal to pull out perfectly Man-At-Arms. Plus he's the voice narrator in some T.V. commercials for Toyota, IBM, Chevrolet and Union Pacific because of his deep and gravelly voice.
    Another great pick.

Keira Knightley as Teela.

John Cena as Tri-Klops. (Tri-Klops is a bad dude and Cena is BUILT and has that square jaw-line that I think would be perfect under that visor.)
    "Of course, that's just my opinion... I could be wrong."

The Metal Misfit Blog!
    The Metal Excess Blog!
    THE KRYPTONIAN WAY @ Wizard Universe (by yours truly!)

My MOTU Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Skeletor - Willem Daffoe/Frank Langella
    Please, please, please can we get away from that 80's movie by not going for the same guy who played him in that movie?! Shows a certain lack of imagination, does it not? For me the voice should either be done by a computer or by Andy Serkis, the same guy who did the voice for this charming fellow:

Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman) is back!! Crow's Avatar
    My choice for Evil-Lyn....Melinda Clarke. She's older, has the "Meg Foster" eyes and can act evil!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Crow T. Robot
    "Mike, what the hell is this?!"

"Into the sea of waking dreams, I follow without pride"---Sarah McLachlan Possession