Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Cast for MOTU

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Too bad she's too old to play Evil-Lyn now, but I think Sarah Douglas had the look for her.
    Ursa from Superman II
    I find this suggestion ironic seeing that I seem to remember reading that Evil Lyn was based on Ursa from Superman 1 and 2.

Its a trademark? I was unaware that it was an English accent. I never picked up on it at all. Besides, as I stated before everything that was in the toon WONT be in the movie.

Alan Ritchson is hot.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 STORM View Post
    I think Michelle Pfeiffer or Angelie Jolie would be great for the Evil-Lyn role. I saw Stardust just last night. Michelle did a good job there. Jolie looked kind of evil in the Beowulf trailer I saw. They need a name or two in the villain roles at least.
    Michelle Pfeiffer sounds like a good choice. I really dislike the idea of Angelina Jolie though. She really isn't a great actress and yet she's sort of an obvious choice due to her "assets." I really don't want to see Evil-Lyn being just the sexy bad girl.

Also, Beowulf looks absolutely fantastic. Perhaps an all CG He-man film would be a better route to take?

Quote Originally Posted by gnewton34 View Post
    An actress that I think would be good for Teela and who is fairly unknown right now but I think is great is Sarah Roemer. She was in Disturbia and very much had Teela's demeanor, especially with her interactions with Shia Labeouf, and even fought a little. She could easily become a redhead too. Here she is...
    She looks great, and if she can act that seems like an excellent choice. That's one role I really don't want a big name actress in.

Castillo? Who's that? Have you seen Battlestar Galactica? I'm talking about his Adama character, he's pretty animated.

So with a few new additions provided by others I'd agree with

Teela- Laura Prepon
    Sorceress - Julianne Moore
    MAA - E.J. Olmos
    Randor - Jonathan Frakes (good one, big guy, beard, perfect)
    Evil-Lyn - Michelle Pfeiffer
    Triklops - Hugo Weaving, I could almost see the black lens of Agent Smith covering Triklops eyes now. ("Widgets are a virus that must be excised from Eternia")

Now, concerning Angelina Jolie, Canadian_He-Man mentioned Catra, now there's a role she'd be perfect for LOL
    Once again Edward James Olmos for MAA!

An amazing actor, who looks and sounds like he's been through the ravages of war.

As for your other choices... Julianne Moore is the first actress to come to mind when I think of the Sorceress, but she's just so obvious that I don't like the idea. Jonathan Frakes can't act to save his life, and Hugo Weaving is too good of an actor to be relegated to a third tier character. Weaving could be a perfect Hordak though! I have to agree Angelina Jolie is a terrible choice for Lyn.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Wow... That Ursa woman would've been perfect for evil lyn. She always freaked me out in Superman..

When it comes to the basis for the movie, assuming they base it on something related to MOTU (unlike what some rumors seem to imply), I imagine it will be more strongly based on MYP than Filmation. Filmation was wildly popular, but it's also meant for kids who've yet to hit grade school. MYP and Filmation are actually quite similar, but they differ in that MYP is a lot more serious and that it had a continuous story. A movie version would likely adopt those aspects.

I love the idea of Frakes being cast as Randor and Perlman for Trapjaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Its a trademark? I was unaware that it was an English accent. I never picked up on it at all.
    What, Sarah Douglas' accent? I think she altered her voice a bit for the part, made the accent broader to emphasise Ursa's arrogance.

Too bad she's too old to play Evil-Lyn now, but I think Sarah Douglas had the look for her.
    Ursa from Superman II
    You know, as soon as I saw this picture, I thought of Bebe Neuwirth. She played Lilith on Frasier. I'm not sure how she'd be physically in the role of Evil Lyn, but she's definitely got the hair color and skin tone.
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements."

"I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be."

~Peter Gibbons, Office Space

"How 'bout you not judge? How 'bout you just love?"

~Me

That Melinda Clarke is hot and apparently she's already played an evil Amazon in Xena episodes. I think she'd be a great choice for Evil-Lyn.

As far as for Teela, I'm sorry but I just don't see Sarah Roemer in the role. She was absolutely wooden in 'Disturbia' and lacked any acting range. We're talking Denise Richards level acting skills. Not to mention that she just looks like a little girl as opposed to a tough warrior like Teela. Plus, this might sound harsh but I think she's kind of a butterface.
    Last edited by supes78; August 26, 2007 at 05:55pm.

Quote Originally Posted by supes78 View Post
    As far as for Teela, I'm sorry but I just don't see Sarah Roemer in the role. She was absolutely wooden in 'Disturbia' and lacked any acting range. We're talking Denise Richards level acting skills. Not to mention that she just looks like a little girl as opposed to a tough warrior like Teela. Plus, this might sound harsh but I think she's kind of a butterface.
    Eh, that's your opinion but I thought she was great and I think she's really cute.
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

Well here's my list

He-Man- Dwayne Johnson
    MAA- Sam Elliot
    Teela- Jennifer Love Hewitt
    Sorceress- Mimi Rogers

Skeletor- Gary Oldman
    Beast Man- Michael Clarke Duncan
    Evil Lyn- Kate Beckinsale

"The Rock" would be a good He-Man, but I think that WB will go away from the big bulky He-Man and go for a smaller more "cut/ripped" He-Man. This is where the Aquaman dude would be perfect.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    Well here's my list

He-Man- Dwayne Johnson
    MAA- Sam Elliot
    Teela- Jennifer Love Hewitt
    Sorceress- Mimi Rogers

Skeletor- Gary Oldman
    Beast Man- Michael Clarke Duncan
    Evil Lyn- Kate Beckinsale

"The Rock" would be a good He-Man, but I think that WB will go away from the big bulky He-Man and go for a smaller more "cut/ripped" He-Man. This is where the Aquaman dude would be perfect.
    Have you seen the Rock these days? He's really slimmed down and lost a lot of his muscle mass. Not to mention that the dude is extremely tattooed out. It would take hours every day just to cover it all up. Oh, and he's Samoan/black!
    Last edited by supes78; August 26, 2007 at 10:41pm.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Melinda Clark would be great. Her eyes look FREAKY!

I wouldn't want the Rock to play He-Man. I don't mean to be offensive, but He-Man is white! The Rock is... I am actually not too sure what to classify him as, but he's not caucasian.

I definitely want a big, bulky He-Man. Like a wrestler of bodybuilder.

As for MCD playing Beastman, I think he'd by my runner-up to Nathan Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Evil View Post
    What, Sarah Douglas' accent? I think she altered her voice a bit for the part, made the accent broader to emphasise Ursa's arrogance.
    No someone said the sorceress had an english accent and I said I dont remember it.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

No someone said the sorceress had an english accent and I said I dont remember it.

Filmation Sorceress had one.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    When it comes to the basis for the movie, assuming they base it on something related to MOTU (unlike what some rumors seem to imply), I imagine it will be more strongly based on MYP than Filmation.

I disagree ...

If anything, Mattel is going to want something closer to Filmation (their big hit.) They're not going to touch MYP with a ten-foot-pole.

Filmation was wildly popular, but it's also meant for kids who've yet to hit grade school. MYP and Filmation are actually quite similar, but they differ in that MYP is a lot more serious and that it had a continuous story. A movie version would likely adopt those aspects.

You mean dark, claustrophobic, and filled with unlikeable characters?

I'll take Filmation, thank you.
    Last edited by Mirage; August 26, 2007 at 09:02pm.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post

If anything, Mattel is going to want something closer to Filmation (their big hit.) They're not going to touch MYP with a ten-foot-pole.
    I don't think so. Their big hit was aimed at children and unless they want to aim another movie at the 6 and under crowd, i doubt it'll be too similar to filmation.

I could be wrong, but I think this will be a movie aimed at all ages, similar to the way that Spider-Man was aimed. If that's the case, it will borrow strongly from the big hits out there like 300 and LOTR, which feel much more similar to MYP and than they do to Filmation.

Besides, whether you like it or not, the MYP series itself never flopped. It was cancelled because the line was cancelled. Mattel crushed it into the ground like they did with Batman, Superman and are currently doing with DC Superheroes.

If we could go back in time to the 1980's, with the same toys and same show, if Mattel treated the line the same way then that they treat their lines now, MOTU would not have lasted past 1983.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    You mean dark, claustrophobic, and filled with unlikeable characters?
    No.. .I meant realistic, interesting and filled with characters that were more than 2D cut-outs

I never thought the filmation sorceress had an english accent. hmm. Anyway, what difference does it make? English accents arent on Eternia. Becareful not to fall into the trap of making this movie like a carbon copy of Filmation cause you will be dissapointed.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

I never thought the filmation sorceress had an english accent. hmm. Anyway, what difference does it make? English accents arent on Eternia. Becareful not to fall into the trap of making this movie like a carbon copy of Filmation cause you will be dissapointed.

I will be the first to admit that Filmation had its faults (Hey, Ladies ... enough of the "He-Man, SAVE ME!" bit, OK?)

I don't think so. Their big hit was aimed at children and unless they want to aim another movie at the 6 and under crowd, i doubt it'll be too similar to filmation.

I would like a mixture of both Filmation AND MYP, taking the best parts from each (I'd like my warm, maternal Sorceress back, please. And why must Grayskull remain top secret? It reduces the castle to a mere weapon.)

Furthermore, I'd like the Sorceress to be available to anyone who seeks her aid, just as she was in Filmation.

No.. .I meant realistic, interesting and filled with characters that were more than 2D cut-outs

If I wish to see darkness and despair, I'll tune into CNN.
    Last edited by Mirage; August 26, 2007 at 10:06pm.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I never thought the filmation sorceress had an english accent. hmm.
    I have to agree with Divia, the Sorceress' voice in Filmation's He-Man does not constitute IMO, an English accent.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

I never thought of Linda Gary's Sorceress as having a British accent either. She just spoke and enunciated properly. It would be kind of odd for the Sorceress to have a British accent when everyone else doesn't. Of course, in a world of talking tigers and skull-faced villains, that would hardly be at the top of the hard-to-believe list.

Fsmiler

My View

Some of these casting suggestions are ridiculuous.
    I'm not keen on the Angelina Jolie idea and think she'ds be hard to tie down if Warners are planning a sequels.

Claire Danes, for Teela!!! Come on Guys!

What about Demi Moore for Evil Lyn-just a suggestion!Angie Harmon?I got it! Emily Deschanel (Bones)

I think Julianne Moore would be good yes for the Sorceress.Very credible and capable and would bring the necessary warm and sensitivity to the role.

Marshikta Hartigay/Lucy Lawless/Rachel Griffith-Marlena

Billy Campbell/Alec Baldwin/Chris Noth/Jimmy Smits/Mark Harmon- Randor?
    George Clooney-Man At Arms

Tell me what you think!
    Last edited by Fsmiler; August 26, 2007 at 11:24pm.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsmiler View Post

George Clooney-Man At Arms
    MAN-AT-ARMS WITH RUBBER NIPPLES!!! NOOOOOOO *runs away screaming*

MAN-AT-ARMS WITH RUBBER NIPPLES!!! NOOOOOOO *runs away screaming*
    Glad I'm not the only one who was thinking this.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

My goodness lads, I see there's very little common scense or logic when choosing!

Movie makers might be put off even looking here with some of these suggestions.

Sorry, I know that sounds harsh but some of the suggestions man....?!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy View Post
    My goodness lads, I see there's very little common scense or logic when choosing!

Movie makers might be put off even looking here with some of these suggestions.

Sorry, I know that sounds harsh but some of the suggestions man....?!
    I must admit that i wonder which suggestions you're thinking of.

Okay, if any of these persons were to be in a MOTU movie, I know for certain that Edward James Olmos would make an ideal King Randor. I've seen him in the pilot of Battlestar Galactica (the only episode I've seen ), and he has the perfect face, voice and persona to be that character 100%, no question about it.

I must admit that i wonder which suggestions you're thinking of.
    I'm not gonna pick them out.

It's just folks have to remember:
    Budget - this one is gonna cost a bomb so a lot of big name actors is just not feasable.
    Age - chances are we will get sequels, so actors need to be young enough to still be able to reprise their roles. This too effects the big name thing.
    Ability - some choices here are just bad actors.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com