Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Cast for MOTU

I want to be able to understand what Evil Lyn says and I seriously cannot make out more than a few words of English from Monica Belluci. But she is smoking hot.

Movie mayhem!
    I said this before somewhere but the girl who played lois lane on smalle ville would be perfect for teela

The more I think about it, the more I lke Courtney Cox as Evil Lyn. I think Jessica Beal as Teela is perfect and, no joke at all, Tom Selleck was born to play MAA. It's just...obvious.

And I think we have something there with the Aquaman guy for Adam/HM.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Selleck and Cox aren't bad choices but again, it's going to be hard for the audience to suspend their knowledge of their more famous roles to genuinely believe them as Teela and Man-At-Arms. I think Melinda Clarke is the best candidate I've heard so far for Evil-Lyn.

Ted Levine as Man-At-Arms!

Not a bad choice at all. Levine is a good actor but he would need to bulk up some to realistically portray a warrior.

He-Man: ??? (this is the toughest one)

Teela: Rachelle lefevre

Man-At-Arms: Sam Elliot

Skeletor: John Glover, William Dafoe, Jason Isaacs,
    Frank Langella (davey Jones him)

Evil-Lyn: Famke Jansen ,Melinda clark

Ram Man: Vinne Jones

Trap-Jaw: WWE's KANE

Sorceress: Cate Blanchett
    Last edited by Fallen_Master; September 5, 2007 at 12:17am.
    Watch my youtube videos and read my original fiction story's and poetry in my blog

http://www.youtube.com/theimmortal1818
    http://thefantasyshop.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    As long as they don't decide to use a blondified Shia LeBeof as Adam. (Shudder) at least he's been confirmed as not playing Indiana's son, just the sidekick.

Hmmm, Edward James Olmos as Man-At-Arms?

Too bad she's too old to play Evil-Lyn now, but I think Sarah Douglas had the look for her.
    Ursa from Superman II
    Sarah Douglas all the way! I'm so sure that she was the original insipiration for the Filmation model of Evil Lyn and I thought that for years!
    The Likeness is incredible!
    Imagine her in the film being super charged with mystic power and glowing yellow!
    Also the only other person I can think of is SIOUXSIE SIOUX..not sure of her acting ability though, could do a great song for the soundtrack though.
    Last edited by skeletorous; September 6, 2007 at 06:38am.

The only thing wrong with Sarah Douglas is that those films were made in the late 70's and now it's 2007. Do the maths.

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    Hey guys, I've been reading alot of talk about Sarah Douglas, and how she'd be perfect for Evil Lyn. While I totally agree, (well at least she would've been perfect about 15 years ago), I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned her in the role that she looks the most like Evil Lyn, and it wasn't Superman. Anyone remember her as Queen Taramus in Conan the Destroyer? And I remember in the 1st scene in the movie, where she actually wears a head dress very similar to Evil Lyn. If anybody has a picture of her from that movie, or even better, that scene, they should post it. I can't seem to find any.

Yes, Sarah Douglas did look very Evil-Lyn like in Conan the Destroyer;

But let's move on people and stick to casting choices that are actually feasible TODAY.

Wow yeah she does!
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Yeah, she did look the part.

Evil fears the Knight mattnotis's Avatar
    Adam-Jeremy Sumpter
    He-Man-The Aquaman guy from SV
    MAA-Tom Sellack or Sam Elliott
    Teela-Mary Elizabeth Winstead
    Sorceress-Julianne Moore
    Skeletor-Willem Dafoe
    Evil Lyn-Eva Green
    Beast Man-Michael Clarke Duncan
    Triklops-Ray Park
    Buzz Off-Jeff Goldblum
    Ram Man-John Goodman
    Mer Man-Steve Buscemi

That's all I got for now...
    Wabawalawoo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mattnotis View Post
    Adam-Jeremy Sumpter
    He-Man-The Aquaman guy from SV
    MAA-Tom Sellack or Sam Elliott
    Teela-Mary Elizabeth Winstead
    Sorceress-Julianne Moore
    Skeletor-Willem Dafoe
    Evil Lyn-Eva Green
    Beast Man-Michael Clarke Duncan
    Triklops-Ray Park
    Buzz Off-Jeff Goldblum
    Ram Man-John Goodman
    Mer Man-Steve Buscemi

That's all I got for now...
    Some interesting choices there dude!
    I think He-man/Adam shoudl be the same actor

"He-Man-The Aquaman guy from SV" - He looks like your A-typical jock. I dunno why folks keep harping on about him.
    "MAA-Tom Sellack or Sam Elliott" - Great a few years ago but we need actors that will still be capable to do sequels dwon the line. Sellack is too old. He'd be a good Randor though.
    "Teela-Mary Elizabeth Winstead" - She's pretty enough I suppose. I'd prefer soemone with more fire.
    "Sorceress-Julianne Moore" - Sure! although i imagined the Sorceress to be younger.
    "Skeletor-Willem Dafoe" - Yup! He'd be good.
    "Evil Lyn-Eva Green" - this is the ebst suggestion for Evil Lyn I've read. She'd be perfect.
    "Beast Man-Michael Clarke Duncan" - I can see that.
    "Triklops-Ray Park" - too short. Needs to look like he can take He-man
    The rest are extremely unlikely canditates in my opinion.

They should cast an unknown for He-man/Adam.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

What exactly will they call this movie? I doubt it's going to be called MOTU since WB already made a movie by that title. This makes me think that a film will simply be called "He-Man" just like all those self-titled superhero movies.

It's going to be called MOTU, believe me.

I think a good name would be just simply "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" It get's the point across, and it really isn't stepping on the toes of the old movie. And I'm not the biggest fan of the Filmation series, I really prefer the original mini comics, and the DC comics, but I know that a good number of fans are die hard Filmation, and most non fans would recognize the name from the cartoon right off the bat. All that being said, Here's a few of my dream cast peoples:

He Man: First off, that Aquaman guy is too young, and really I would hate to see him play He Man. Really. Now, Alot of us would love He Man to be an unknown, but there's gotta be some kind of star appeal to this movie, right? I've always thought that a beefed up Thomas Jane would be a perfect He Man. Look at him in The Punisher. He kicked ass. He's a great actor, just the right age, and i think he'd be perfect. O.K., moving on,

Skeletor: I used to say Robert "Freddy Kruger" England would be perfect, but he's just too old now days. So, I really think Willem Dafoe would be a great Skeletor. He did a really great, almost haunting performance as the Green Goblin in Spiderman, plus, he's one of the best actors still working out there. they'd be stupid not to, at least, consider him.

Man At Arms: Ever since I saw The Negotiator back in high school, I remember seeing David Morse in all that swat armor, and saying to myself, god, he looks like Man At Arms. He's a pretty big guy, and he's old enough to not be too old to really pull off a great Man At Arms. Just throw a stache on him, and you're ready to go.

Teela: Also when I was kid, I used to look at my Teela figure and think how much she looked like Kristy Swanson, and how if they make a movie again, she should play Teela, just because she looks so much like the toy. Anybody else ever notice this? But that ship has sailed, and I loved when somebody said Laura Prepon as Teela. I think she's great, and I really like the idea of her over Jessica Beil.

Evil Lyn: I really hate Angelina Jolie. Really bad. I don't know why, so please don't ask. I think she's a terrible actress, and I would rather hang myself than see her as Evil Lyn. Now that that's out of my system, without a doubt, the only person I think Could do a good job, no, a great job, is Uma Thurman. She's a great actress, has a huge rang, and she's beautiful! Just imagine Evil Lyn beeing played as an evil temptress. awesome!! And if you look back at the horrible mistake that was Batman & Robin, Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy was the Only thing that made that movie even semi watchable. Can you see Evil Lyn being played like Poison Ivy? I can and it gives me chills.

The Sorceress: Michelle Pfeiffer... Nuff Said.

And as far as all the creatures, like Merman(who needs to be in the first movie, even over TriKlops and Webstor, thank you, he's one of the 1st 2 villians.)Beast Man, and Trap Jaw, should be played by either no name actors or extras or stunt people. I mean, why waste money in your budget to hire a Bigger name actor to play a minor henchman role. Really. That goes for guys like Buzz Off, Ram Man, and any of the other non-main heroes.

And for the King and Queen, I think for as much screen time as they're gonna get, they should try to get older, vertern actors. Some one we haven't seen in movies in a long time. I can't think of anybody right now, but you know what I mean?

Well that's my rambles on the topic. Please let me know what you think.
    Last edited by JonnyTyler; September 10, 2007 at 07:41pm.

Reeve was only 24 when he played Superman but a good actor can convince the audience of anything. But Thomas Jane as He-Man? Not in a million years. He's only 5'11" tall max, nearly 40yrs old, and he's already played a comic book character. A 40+ year old He-Man in any possible sequels would be a scary thought.
    Last edited by supes78; September 10, 2007 at 08:30pm.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by supes78 View Post
    Reeve was only 24 when he played Superman but a good actor can convince the audience of anything. But Thomas Jane as He-Man? Not in a million years. He's only 5'11" tall max, nearly 40yrs old, and he's already played a comic book character. A 40+ year old He-Man in any possible sequels would be a scary thought.

Yeah, I agree, considering the age, um no and I don't he looks like a He-Man. I'd go with the Aquaman Alan Ritchson (b: 1982).

I'd also think we should keep the ages relatively in line, Teela being a little older, most of the older characters in their 50's or 60's in the case of Randor, if they go with the older brother of Keldor.

As for Swanson (b: 1969), she'll be 40 in two years so she wouldn't have a chance, Laura Prepon (b: 1980) all the way.

Sorceress: I'll stick with Julianne Moore (b: 1960) as mom to Prepon.

MAA: Still I'd go with Edward James Olmos (b: 1947), he's got the look of a war-weary veteran.

Randor: Someone said Tom Selleck (born 1945), so I could see him instead of Jonathan Frakes. Marlena would be well cast as Dana Delaney (b: 1956)

Keldor/Skeletor I think should be the CGI skull ala 'Ghost Rider' with his voice I could see as Andy Serkis or Willem Dafoe (B: 1955)

Evil-Lyn: I'll say Michelle Pfeiffer (b: 1958) still would make the perfect witch.

As for the henchmen, BM and MM would be heavy makeup, prosthetics so, MD Clarke for Beasty, I'd go with Doug Jones (Abe Sapien, 'Hellboy' and The Faun 'Pan's Labyrinth'

As for Trappy, I could see Ron Perlman in the role, he's got the growl for it, and he's used to prosthetics (Hellboy, Vincent from 'Beauty and the Beast' TV Series)
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Fair enough, perhaps Thomas Jane is too old. But I'd rather see someone that's a little older and that's a really good actor, rather than someone who's younger, and really closer to the charactor's age, who couldn't act thier way out of a paper sack. And that Aquaman guy, can't. In my opinion. But, I do think you're right that Thomas Jane is a bit too old, but I think he could still pull it off.

For He-Man, how about John Cena ? At 30 years old, he certainly has the build and can handle the physical demands of the role.
    He doesn't have much film acting experience ["The Marine"] but that could actually be a good thing if the director is competent.
    Think about roles like Russell Crowe in "Gladiator" or more recently Gerard Butler in "300"...those guys didn't have to flex their acting chops TOO much. The music, cinematography and effects were powerful enough to help those performances seem much larger than they actually were.
    ...and I'm spent...

Mandola [my band!]

All I gott say about John Cena is..ugh!
    See comment above about the Aqua Man dude and beat it with the ugly stick.
    I'd have Aqua Man dude before I'd have Cena. And I don't like Aqua Man dude at all.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I like Alan Ritchson as He-Man.
    Ithink he'd do well.
    I also support Laura Prepon for Teela.

As for others:

Man-At-Arms: Tom Selleck

King Randor: Jonathan Frakes

Skeletor: Go the Darth Vader way.
    Have some random ripped dude play him on set,
    then use Frank Langella for the voice.

The Sorceress: Gates McFadden

Orko: Lou Scheimer should reprise the voice

Haven't thought of any others.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

I'm usually very critical of "pretty boy" actors, but Alan Ritchson impressed me on Smallville. I mean, anybody that can turn Aquaman into a semi-interesting character has performed the cinematic equivalent of walking on water, in my opinion. He's a much better actor than Cena and certainly better than Lundgren's wooden portrayal. Thank God we had the irreplaceable Frank Langella's excellent Skeletor to balance that out.