Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1655

Thread: Dream Cast for MOTU

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    I think I could see Tim Roth as the voice of Megatron.

Good choice from Cap. Atkin there. I don't know who she is so can't comment on acting or any of that jazz, but she has a great look.

Just found this picture of Idina Menzel and thought to myself, look at this face! Now That is Evil-Lyn! Those eyes! And we know she looks hot in green! So if they went Yellow, she could pull it off!

"I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

What would be your casting for a MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE Movie?

What would be your casting for a MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE Movie?

For me:

He-Man / Dolph Ziggler

Skeletor / The Rock

King Hsss / Mickey Rourke

And you ?

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Charlie Hunnam for He-Man
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

I came up with some of my own based on looks, voice, personality, acting ability and ,ofcourse, my personal feelings towards the actors/ actresses. Not sure who I want for He-Man yet. Here are my pics for cast...

Christopher Walken as Skeletor - none of the normal pauses or inflections he normally uses but he can bring a unique style of creepiness to the character.

Deborah Ann Woll as Teela

Daniel Day Lewis as Man-At-Arms This man can wear a "stash"

Parker Posey as Evil-Lyn

Ron Perlman as Beastman

Tilda Swinton as The Sorceress
    Last edited by Facehugger; August 3, 2012 at 08:22am.

what about Chelsea Fields (1987 movie Teela) as Queen Marlena

pic I believe is actually from 2009...and actually she may also make a good Evil-Lyn she has the right look imo

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Reading an interview on Newsarama with Daniel Cudmore (Colossus in the X-Men Films, Felix in Twilight and the actor portraying Master Chief in the live action Halo web series) and I think he's big enough and can act enough to be He-Man, what do you think?
    daniel-cudmore-felix-new-moon.jpg
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

anyone see ron perlman in Bunraku? hope the pic works. he defo has a MOTU look . could even pull off an OlderMAA

I love Ron Perlman, but as soon as you put him in a film, unless it’s being directed by Guillermo del Toro, it will forever be seen as a B movie.

I think that would be awesome!

Heroic Warrior
    Man-At-Arms: Tom Selick or Jeff Bridges
    Orko: Seth Green
    Evil-lynn: Lana Parrilla

Court Magician
    Here's my list:

He-Man- Chris Hemsworth
    Man-At-Arms- Gerard Butler
    Teela- Rachel Nichols
    Ram Man- Graham McTavish
    Stratos- Rey Stevenson
    Sy-Klone- Orlando Bloom
    Zodac- The Rock
    King Randor- Kurt Russell

Skeletor- Bill Nighy (His head anyway, placed on a stunt mans body)
    Beast man- Andy Serkis
    Mer-Man- Doug Jones
    Tri-Klops- Ray Park
    Evil Lyn- Monica Belluci
    Trap Jaw- Vin Diesel
    Whiplash- Vinnie Jones

King Greyskull- Dolph Lundgren

Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA. Moved from El Paso, TX
    John Chu is in good with the Rock/Dwayne Johnson through GI Joe Retaliation; I'm thinking we'll see a lot of wrestlers-turned-actors for at least the background roles.
    Here are a few that I think would be great in some key roles:

Duncan.jpg Josh Brolin as Duncan

Leighton Meester, teela.png Leighton Meester as Teela

Johannah NewMarch Sorceress.jpg Johannah Newmarch as the Sorceress

Randor.jpg Sean Bean as Randor

Evil Lyn.jpg Julia Voth as Evil Lyn

Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA. Moved from El Paso, TX
    Amy Yasbeck Marlena.jpg Amy Yasbeck as Marlena

jackman, keldor.jpg Hugh Jackman as Keldor

Kellan Lutz, Adam house of randor.jpg Kellan Lutz as Adam

Nikolaj Kronis.jpg Nicolaj Waldau as Kronis

Tri-Klops.jpg Dustin Clare as Tri Klops

I was watching the 7 th season of weeds recently and I think if hunter parish put on about 20 more pounds of muscle he would make a great He-Man.

Widget
    He-man: Travis Van Winkle (Looks and can act just like MYP He-man), with Charlie Hunnam as the runner up choice.
    Adam: Alexander Ludwig (Hunger Games – and looks quite similar to He-man Van Winkle)
    Man-At-Arms: Tom Selleck (Magnum PI)
    Teela: Rose Leslie (Game of Thrones) or Olivia Thirlby (Dredd, The Darkest Hour)
    Ram-Man: Kevin Durand (Robin Hood, I am number Four)
    Orko: CGI, voiced by Tom Kenney (Spongebob)
    Sorceress: Michelle Forbes (The Killing, Battlestar Galactica)
    King Randor: Sean Bean (Game of Thrones) or James Remar (Dexter)
    Queen Marlena: Uma Turman (Kill Bill)
    King Grayskull: Dolph Lundgren (MOTU’87)

Keldor/Skeletor: Jason Momoa (Conan, Game of Thrones) + Ghost Rider style CGI (his brow would look great on Skeletor)
    Evil-Lyn: Noomi Rapace (Prometheus, original Lisbeth Salander)
    Tri-Klops: Dwayne Johnson
    Trap-Jaw: Tommy ‘Tiny’ Lister (Deebo)
    Beast-Man: Tyler Mane (X-men)
    Mer-Man: Doug Jones
    Hordak: Andy Serkis

Quote Originally Posted by norse_sage View Post
    He-man: Travis Van Winkle (Looks and can act just like MYP He-man)

(From: http://www.thecimmerian.com/challeng...-role-of-conan)

Yes, he can!

I'm so glad no one from this forum will be casting this movie.

Having a big hairy mustache that looks like the cartoon MAA doesn't make you perfect for that role. (Tom Selleck)
    Having played a big hairy guy in makeup in other roles doesn't make you perfect for any role in this movie. (Ron Perlman)
    Having big muscles and having played a guy with long blond hair doesn't make you perfect for He-Man (Hemsworth)

Angelina Jolie, the Rock, and Jeff Bridges will hopefully never step foot near this movie.

It needs to be mostly unknowns or up-and-comers, with a known commodity sprinkled here and there for credibility.

Any actor can play He-Man, they can bulk up to as big as they will let him be in this movie (Will never be bigger than Captain America or Thor), in about 3 months after they get the role.

Hopefully this movie will be of a production quality and script quality that it actually makes stars.

All that said, I think Noomi Rapace would be a great Evil-Lyn. I want Dominick Monaghan for Man-At-Arms. Most of the bad guys are going to be all makeup, so they could be played by pretty much anybody with a little acting skill. And I will go against my own opinion and always vote Jessica Biel for Teela. Sorry.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkbait View Post
    I'm so glad no one from this forum will be casting this movie.

Having a big hairy mustache that looks like the cartoon MAA doesn't make you perfect for that role. (Tom Selleck)
    Having played a big hairy guy in makeup in other roles doesn't make you perfect for any role in this movie. (Ron Perlman)
    Having big muscles and having played a guy with long blond hair doesn't make you perfect for He-Man (Hemsworth)

Angelina Jolie, the Rock, and Jeff Bridges will hopefully never step foot near this movie.

It needs to be mostly unknowns or up-and-comers, with a known commodity sprinkled here and there for credibility.

Any actor can play He-Man, they can bulk up to as big as they will let him be in this movie (Will never be bigger than Captain America or Thor), in about 3 months after they get the role.

Hopefully this movie will be of a production quality and script quality that it actually makes stars.

All that said, I think Noomi Rapace would be a great Evil-Lyn. I want Dominick Monaghan for Man-At-Arms. Most of the bad guys are going to be all makeup, so they could be played by pretty much anybody with a little acting skill. And I will go against my own opinion and always vote Jessica Biel for Teela. Sorry.
    Some of your points I couldn't agree with more, yet others are perplexing.

I agree, too much love for Selleck and Perlman, not to mention the Rock or Triple H. Enough is enough already.

On the point of He-Man, I couldn't disagree more. Not just anyone can play He-Man. He is the title character. He either gives the project legitimacy or makes it a joke. You do need someone who can actually act. For me, I don't like Hemsworth for the role just because he's a big blonde dude. I like him for the role because he has the look, he can act, and because of his prescence. There is an essence about him that commands respect and convinces you he can lead an army, qualities he-man should have. And for the record, Hemsworth was linked to the he-man role well in advance of Thor.

Your pick for Man-at-arms makes me wonder if you know who Dominic Monagnan is. This is worse than HHH as he man or Scarlett Johanssen as Teela. Monaghan is not tall enough, old enough, built enough (needs a bigger frame not just muscles), and just looks to goofy.

I also don't understand why so many want Biel or Prepon as Teela. IMO, both actresses are much too mono tone and far too masculine. While an athletic sword wielding warrior, she also has a softness about her. Prissy girl feminie but she'll still kick your butt. Somebody like Amy Adams would be a better fit IMO.

In terms of overall casting, I think that you can have mostly unknowns, but I like the idea of good character actors with big names sprinkled in. Here are some of my choices.

He Man- Chris Hemsworth
    Prince Adam- Graham Rogers (Revolution)
    King Randor- Gerard Butler
    Queen Marlena- Catherine Bell (Jag)
    Man at Arms- Liam Neeson
    Teela- Amy Adams (or someone like her, I am good with a no name here)
    Strartos- Liev Scrieber
    Ram Man- Michael Chiklas
    Syclone- Rodriego Santoro (300)
    Zodac- Marcus Chong (Matrix)
    Fisto- Anthony Michael Hall (Breakfast Club)
    Evil Lynn- Carie Anne Moss (Matrix)
    Tri Klops- Daniel Dae Kim

I am still undecided on others...
    Last edited by Him-Guy; November 9, 2012 at 12:11pm.

the big show for ram man or beastman

as ram man normally doesn't say a lot he won't really need to act a whole lot, but size would be great
    as beastman size is all you need since the voice would be dubbed over

or for so someone shorter but still big for ram man - ryback

the only other wrestler i think could pull of a character would john cena for he-man

Daniel Day Lewis - tim roth - Christopher lee - tom hiddleston - Jackie Earle Haley or Robert England all have a little evil in them to be skeletor

Scarlett Johansson as teela

Mark Ruffalo - Daniel Craig - Russell Crowe - Gary Oldman as man at arms

Evil lynn - Rose Mcgowan - Sienna Miller - Anne Hathaway

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    I think I could see Tim Roth as the voice of Megatron.
    Yeap.......

Just to say, no wrestlers, under any circumstances, should be allowed anywhere near this. Never. Especially Triple H. I don't want people who can’t act to save their lives with ugly physics. I want a modern audience to take this seriously. It’s not in vogue to put monstrous body builders in high profile films anymore. Maybe in 1985, but not now. And I'm sorry, but all this Tom Selleck love is actually quite baffling. Facial hair shouldn't come into it. Anyone can grow a moustache or have a fake one plastered to their face. I just find it weird how so many people have said Tom Selleck (not just here, but on other boards) just because he has a moustache. What about Burt Reynolds whilst we’re at it?

Not trying to seem like a smart ***, but fan casting can sometimes be very funny. You don’t just cast someone because they look exactly like the toy or cartoon version.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Irish actress Victoria Smurfit (from the new Dracula TV series) could be an interesting choice for She-ra/Adora. She certainly has the right look for the part.

Last edited by Captain Atkin; February 4, 2013 at 10:56am.

She too old. She is almost 40. I personally hope that they stay away from the POP storyline.