Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Cast for MOTU

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    I totally agree. That's part of why earlier I said I liked the idea of bringing Frakes into it. Frakes and McFadden are both fine actors, suit the roles and would certainly do them justice. PLUS they're relatively inexpensive!
    I completely agree. Frakes (when he has a beard) even looks like Randor.

I honestly never thought of McFadden as the Sorceress until reading this thread, but after doing so... yes, I think that she could play that role well.

I also agree that both are very solid, inexpensive actors - quite ideal for key support cast characters.
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supes78 View Post
    I really do have a lingering suspicion that WB will opt on doing an all CGI film because assembling an ensemble cast and coming up with the sets and special effects would require a budget on the level of Lord of the Rings. WB isn't going to pour that kind of money into it, especially considering it's an 80's property with a relatively limited fan base and it's had a failed re-launch in the last several years. I think think things would have been a whole lot different if the recent re-launch had been a success. I still don't have a clue why it failed. Was it Mattel's fault? Was it us fans? Is it the toy industry not being as popular because of video games? Was it the failure of the new cartoon? I really don't know where to start.
    WB are doing a full CGI Thundercats, I'd be very surprised if they do the same for MOTU, I'm guessing they would want it to be different.

Personally I think they should steer clear from the full CGI treatment for MOTU, I don't think it work as well as a live action movie and get as much exposure. The "300" style they have stated would work as it would be CGI and live action.

I'm also not keen on the whole Beowulf direction, IMO its taking CGI too far. Whearas it may look cool and stylish, live actors is something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_He-Man View Post
    If you have Frakes as Randor, and McFadden as the Sorceress, there's probably not a Star Trek fan alive that won't go see the film. Bringing in the Star Trek fan community like that could be *HUGE* for the new He-Man movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    I totally agree. That's part of why earlier I said I liked the idea of bringing Frakes into it. Frakes and McFadden are both fine actors, suit the roles and would certainly do them justice. PLUS they're relatively inexpensive!
    Glad to see you guys like McFadden for the Sorceress.
    I think she could really capture the essence of the classic Sorceress.
    And Frakes just looks to much like Randor to pass him up.

And I agree, bringing in the Star Trek fans would boost the movie's popularity even more.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

I know! Let's REALLY Trek it up!

Skeletor: Patrick Stewart
    Sorceress: Marina Sirtis
    King Randor: William Shatner ("Keldor ... My ... Brother. How could ... you do this ... to ... me? To ... your family? To ... Eternia?" )
    Queen Marlena: Gates McFadden
    MAA: Colm Meany
    Evil-Lyn: Jeri Ryan (Gotta have the Voyager contingent!)
    Last edited by Mirage; September 16, 2007 at 06:56pm.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post

King Randor: William Shatner ("Keldor ... My ... Brother. How could ... you do this ... to ... me? To ... your family? To ... Eternia?" )
    Funny thing is that i could see both Jeri Ryan and Colm Meany doing a decent job in those parts.

But you forgot Michael Dorn as He-Man and Levar Burton as Tri-klops

at William Shatner as King Randor.

In all seriousness, Glimmer screams Marina Sirtis to me, although Sirtis is unquestionably not young enough to play Glimmer now - she was the spitting live-action image of Glimmer circa the 80s, though.

I wonder if Jeri Ryan could handle either Teela, or She-Ra... Evil-Lyn doesn't seem right for her.

... You know, if we go with Darth's idea of Adora being a central character in the 3rd movie but never changing into She-Ra, I think that Jeri Ryan would be perfect for that role...

Darth Latveria... Levar Burton as Tri-Klops... ha ha ha ha!!!
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

I wonder if Jeri Ryan could handle either Teela, or She-Ra... Evil-Lyn doesn't seem right for her.

Jeri's pushing 40 ... she's a little old for Teela or Adora, I'm afraid.

We all KNOW she can do the frosty thing.
    Last edited by Mirage; September 16, 2007 at 11:52pm.

Jeri's pushing 40 ... she's a little old for Teela or Adora, I'm afraid.

We all KNOW she can do the frosty thing.
    That's what I was thinking. She'd do "evil Adora" perfectly.

The scene where Adora shoots He-Man in the back? Jeri could pull off the Adora part of that perfectly.

But you're right, she's probably not young enough for the role now.

Edit: And yeah, she could probably do a decent Evil-Lyn.

In all seriousness, Glimmer screams Marina Sirtis to me, although Sirtis is unquestionably not young enough to play Glimmer now - she was the spitting live-action image of Glimmer circa the 80s, though.

Strange ... I don't recall Marina ever having pink hair!

This is my dream cast for the new Masters of the Universe movie

Cast:
    He-Man/Prince Adam: Brock Lesnar - Anyone who's seen this guy in the WWE will know why he's ideal. He's as big as He-man should be and can definitely act. In fact, he's good enough as an actor to fill the roles of He-man and Prince Adam and he is a subtle enough to convey the essence of Adam's innocence and He-man's power and righteousness.
    Teela: Lindsey Lohan - Red hair and a wonderful actress. I also think her off-screen personality is dead-on for Teela, so she won't even have to act at all (which she CAN)
    Man-at-Arms: Steven Seagal - Who else except this superb character actor can carry such an important role? There's no doubt that after the movie, all future MAA action figures will look like him, and be all the better for it.
    Skeletor: David Caruso - He already has Skeletor's face, so it won't even cost that much to make him a Skelly, except for some blue body paint. No CGI worries at all. And I can already see Skeletor with sunglasses...
    Evil-Lyn: Jennifer Tilly - If ever a voice commanded respect and showed authority, it was her voice. Stunning actress and will make a spot-on Evil-Lyn.

Anyway, that's the ones I've come up with so far. If we all hope and pray hard enough, I'm sure this will be the cast for the movie event of the year ...

Isnt Lindsey Lohan in rehab?
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Isnt Lindsey Lohan in rehab?
    She'll be in and out of rehab a few dozen times between now and when the movie starts casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragnor View Post
    Man-at-Arms: Steven Seagal - Who else except this superb character actor can carry such an important role? There's no doubt that after the movie, all future MAA action figures will look like him

Fat, bloated, and out-of-shape?

There's a REASON why he hasn't been able to break out of the Direct-to-DVD bin lately.

Skeletor: David Caruso - He already has Skeletor's face, so it won't even cost that much to make him a Skelly, except for some blue body paint. No CGI worries at all. And I can already see Skeletor with sunglasses...

He's got the snarky comment thing down, too.
    Last edited by Mirage; September 19, 2007 at 08:39pm.

Guys, that's actually my worst possible cast. If any of them actually get picked, I don't think I'll even bother to go watch the film. Lindsey Lohan would be a terrible Teela, not least because her personal life would not make the part believable. So, much as I dread to ask this, what would be your worst possible cast for the movie (should I start a new thread, perhaps?) I'm talking so bad that you wouldn't watch the movie for free. I think my list is a winner, but I'm sure creative guys like you can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragnor View Post
    This is my dream cast for the new Masters of the Universe movie

Cast:
    He-Man/Prince Adam: Brock Lesnar - Anyone who's seen this guy in the WWE will know why he's ideal. He's as big as He-man should be and can definitely act. In fact, he's good enough as an actor to fill the roles of He-man and Prince Adam and he is a subtle enough to convey the essence of Adam's innocence and He-man's power and righteousness.
    Teela: Lindsey Lohan - Red hair and a wonderful actress. I also think her off-screen personality is dead-on for Teela, so she won't even have to act at all (which she CAN)
    Man-at-Arms: Steven Seagal - Who else except this superb character actor can carry such an important role? There's no doubt that after the movie, all future MAA action figures will look like him, and be all the better for it.
    Evil-Lyn: Jennifer Tilly - If ever a voice commanded respect and showed authority, it was her voice. Stunning actress and will make a spot-on Evil-Lyn.

Anyway, that's the ones I've come up with so far. If we all hope and pray hard enough, I'm sure this will be the cast for the movie event of the year ...

*ROFLMAO!*

Great list of actors (and yes, I get that it's a joke).

Although, in all seriousness, the idea of Man-At-Arms calling every villain he runs into a scumbag, and snapping their necks, is kind of funny...

Linsey Lohan and MOTU should never be mentioned in a the same sentence again!
    Lets keep the casting somewhere in the relm of good taste eh?!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Loves Species 8472 <3 o0angeredsoul0o's Avatar
    Well..I'll just do a few characters for the sake of it:

Queen Marleena - Uma Thurman
    King Randor - William Shatner
    Skeletor - Bruno Ganz
    Prince Adam - Ville Valo -drools-
    He-Man - The Rock
    Teela - Famke Janssen
    Tri-Klops - Ray Park
    Trap-Jaw - Hugh Jackman

I'm done.
    "It has been proven! Jess is clincally insane. But she aint havin no therapy!!"

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    I'm soory, I'm by no means trying to belittle anyone's opinion, by why on Earth do people keep bringing up Ray Park to play ANY of the villians? 1st things 1st, he's like 5'2". He's a little guy. Aren't villians supposed to be big and impossing. Really! And he's only played in 2 movies i can think of(X-Men & Star Wars), and he barely spoke in either one. So how do we know if he can even act at all? Like i said, I'm not trying to put anybodie's opinion down, I just don't get what the obsession is with this guy.

Heroic Warrior SERPOSsSerpentina's Avatar
    Snake Mountain, or maybe in your basement! Or Behind your back when you are not looking! YAAHAHAHAHAA.
    Wow! These are all truly great ideas! ...To be honest. I don't know who should play them. I say, give maybe newer people a chance. Someone different that we haven't seen yet, like over and over again.

I will say, I love all of the ideas for Evil-Lyn!

o.o I can't wait to see this movie!
    ALL HAIL SERPOS!
    THE SNAKEMEN WILL RISE AGAIN!

SSSSSSSSNAKEYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Has anyone discussed having Alan Ritchson as He-Man?

It's great being Lord of the Thundercats - especially hanging out with Cheetara - but the one draw back is that He-Man can still beat me up.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post1993306
    Somewhere In Exo-Squad, a fan art by Matt Tyree (just in case you're curious)

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion-O View Post
    Has anyone discussed having Alan Ritchson as He-Man?

Can we discuss me having Alan Ritchson?

Some random ideas -

Evil-Lynn - Rachel Weisz, Angelina Jolie (I know, kind of the default choice for any tough or dark female character)

King Randor - Gerard Butler, Eric Bana, Hugh Jackman, Kevin Sorbo, James Caviezel (with the Jesus hair/beard), or - and this would never happen - Dolph Lundgren, the original movie He-Man.

Famke Janssen - either Queen Marlena or the Sorceress of Castle Grayskull.

Ron Perlman - Skeletor or Man-At-Arms

No idea for most of the other characters, except that I would prefer men in prosthetic makeup playing Skeletor's various henchmen and not big CGI configurations.
    It's great being Lord of the Thundercats - especially hanging out with Cheetara - but the one draw back is that He-Man can still beat me up.

Some random ideas -

Evil-Lynn - Rachel Weisz, Angelina Jolie (I know, kind of the default choice for any tough or dark female character)

King Randor - Gerard Butler, Eric Bana, Hugh Jackman, Kevin Sorbo, James Caviezel (with the Jesus hair/beard), or - and this would never happen - Dolph Lundgren, the original movie He-Man.

Famke Janssen - either Queen Marlena or the Sorceress of Castle Grayskull.

Ron Perlman - Skeletor or Man-At-Arms

No idea for most of the other characters, except that I would prefer men in prosthetic makeup playing Skeletor's various henchmen and not big CGI configurations.
    Great pic for casting, I think a nod to other heroic fantasy production for King Randor is much fitting.
    Marc Singer, Kevin Sorbo, Dolph Lundgren or Rutger Hauer could all pull the role greatly and place the new MOTU in line with other great Fantasy film. Most of these guys could also be great as Man-At-Arm or one of the villain.

Ron Perlman can sure pull out any role as villain and by an asset to the film.

Famke Janssen have a real nice pedegree of genre film, and having her around a new MOTU movie would be pretty sweet indeed.

After seeing Resident Evil : Extinction it came to me that Mila Jojovich could make a terrific Evil Lyn.
    Last edited by Dr Bo; September 22, 2007 at 03:30pm.
    - Dr Bo.
    Man of Kitsch, Robot and Glamour. And some barbarians hero, too.

Member with whom I completed great trade and transaction: Lady Angora, Royalbliss, 10incher, Secret_defender, Bosskmr, LupaLuna, Motu2002, Buzz Saw Hordak, Malakai9999, Racer X, Igorr & Cpuwizshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Bo View Post
    Great pic for casting, I think a nod to other heroic fantasy production for King Randor is much fitting.
    Marc Singer, Kevin Sorbo, Dolph Lundgren or Rutger Hauer could all pull the role greatly and place the new MOTU in line with other great Fantasy film. Most of these guys could also be great as Man-At-Arm or one of the villain.

Ron Perlman can sure pull out any role as villain and by an asset to the film.

Famke Janssen have a real nice pedegree of genre film, and having her around a new MOTU movie would be pretty sweet indeed.

After seeing Resident Evil : Extinction it came to me that Mila Jojovitch could make a terrific Evil Lyn.
    Is that Mighty Mightor in your avatar Dr. Bo?

I hadn't thought of Rutger Hauer (Haur?) or Marc Singer for King Randor, but hey, they might work.

Hadn't thought of Milla Jovovitch (spelling?) for Evil-Lynn, but hey, that might work too.

Is that Mighty Mightor in your avatar Dr. Bo?

I hadn't thought of Rutger Hauer (Haur?) or Marc Singer for King Randor, but hey, they might work.

Hadn't thought of Milla Jovovitch (spelling?) for Evil-Lynn, but hey, that might work too.

My avatar is indeed the Mighty Mightor from the Hanna-Barbera cartoon.

And I checked, it's Milla Jovovich (with two "L" and no "T"). She have a killer look and make for good action heroine in a bunch of cool genre film, her piercing eyes would work great for Evil Lyn.
    - Dr Bo.
    Man of Kitsch, Robot and Glamour. And some barbarians hero, too.

Member with whom I completed great trade and transaction: Lady Angora, Royalbliss, 10incher, Secret_defender, Bosskmr, LupaLuna, Motu2002, Buzz Saw Hordak, Malakai9999, Racer X, Igorr & Cpuwizshot.