Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 327280818283 LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2061

Thread: New Movie Casting Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I'd like to see Dolph as King Grayskull. Maybe in a prologue scene or in a vision of the past that the Sorceress gives to Adam. Randor and Marlena need to be actors that play a much larger role, possibly throughout a series, than I believe Dolph would be up for. I could be wrong, though.
    I agree Dolph as King Grayskull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Some of us would rather there be no King Grayskull.

It's an odd mix of "cannon" history. You have mini comics, cartoons, story books, comic strips... ect. You try something original that excludes what's "cannon" through the different versions and you begin to alienate fans who love certain aspects of the lore. To stick too closely to certain aspects of what's cannon and you alienate fans it's all about weaving together a story that can intermingle what's cannon and pull together something most people will be happy with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    I would prefer if there is no King Grayskull!

And if there is one, his skintone have to be green like in the mini-comics!

Courtney Cox as Lady Marlena?
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Keldor, 200x Zodak, Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, Tung Lashor, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Contact me per PM or my razzerian@gmail.com

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

Cate Blanchett for the Sorceress.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Cate Blanchett for the Sorceress.
    Michelle Pfeiffer as Evil-Lyn!
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Keldor, 200x Zodak, Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, Tung Lashor, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

How about Jason Isaacs as Skeletor?

But if that's too sensible, he has to do it in the same deep Yorkshire accent as he did for Field Marshall Zhukov in The Death of Stalin?
    Last edited by OwenMorton; April 4, 2019 at 08:57am. Reason: Edited to remove double-post...
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Here's a bit of information I hope you boys and girls will like to hear...

Believe it or not- I got to meet Dolph Lundgren at a convention this weekend!
    Of course I jumped on the opportunity to ask him if he'd be interested in playing a part in the new He-Man movie (such as the one of
    King Randor) or if he thought he was done with the franchise.
    Mr. Lundgren told me he was made aware of the fact that they were remaking 'Masters' and that he is interested.
    He mentioned that the role of King Nereus he played in 'Aquaman' was somewhat like an older He-Man and that he was altered from the bad guy he originally was in the comic book to a heroic king by director James Wan because he was a huge He-Man fan as a kid.

He added that he'd love to be part of the new film and that hopefully it'll happen. "We'll see", he concluded.

Frankly, if the recent news that King Randor will be part of the reboot is correct I really don't see how 'they' could consider anyone else for the role...
    It would be a perfect passing of the torch and tip of the hat to fans of the original 1987 movie.

Anyway, I for one am keeping all my fingers and toes crossed.

PS: Jason Isaacs was there too- but I didn't get the chance to ask him if he'd wanna be Skeletor.

Whoa- way to kill off this thread...

In case anyone of you was wondering, I truly wasn't kidding or trolling...
    I really was at a convention that had Lundgren and Isaacs as guests and I really did ask mr. Lundgren if he would like to be in the new movie.

Not only do I have a picture of me and mr. Lundgren and a signed picture of his 1987 He-Man- I also have an audio recording of my question.
    I recorded it because I wanted to be able to repeat his answer to you guys in detail without forgetting anything.

Sure turned out to be a great big dud.

Anyway. Sure hope this thread can move on...
    I'd love to hear what other actors you guys would like to see in the new movie.

Heroic Warrior
    It would be beyond amazing to see Dolph Lundgren as King Randor or maybe even King Grayskull. I think he'd be great in that role but, to be honest, I don't see it happen.

I think the casting of Dolph Lundgren as either King Randor or a King Grayskull-type character is casting that no one, anywhere, would grumble with. It would almost be a bit of no-brainer casting. Really hope it happens.

How about Dolph as King He-Man?

I’d definitely like to see Dolph involved in one form or another. Frank Langella too, even if only as a cameo.

I don't know if that would be a good move for his career, the fans would be very happy fo Dolph is some role, even a small cameo (heck even Lou Ferrigno took part in some capacity in the MCU Hulk movie).
    Dolph was awesome warrior in Aquaman, hopefully he'll still be on board for Aquaman the sequel anyway!
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."

I think I already said this earlier, but I would love to see Dolph as KING RANDOR, and for him to have a quick action sequence or two. I am all about those old, grizzled warriors who are still very capable and very dangerous!

You know what they say....Watch out for Old Men in a profession where men usually die young....
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by Triklops 1 View Post
    I don't know if that would be a good move for his career, the fans would be very happy fo Dolph is some role, even a small cameo (heck even Lou Ferrigno took part in some capacity in the MCU Hulk movie).
    Dolph was awesome warrior in Aquaman, hopefully he'll still be on board for Aquaman the sequel anyway!
    Why would it be detrimental to his career?

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    I’d definitely like to see Dolph involved in one form or another. Frank Langella too, even if only as a cameo.
    The Eldor action figure (both of them) look a lot to me like Orson Welles, but since he's not available, I vote Frank Langella should play Eldor in a prologue/flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    Why would it be detrimental to his career?
    It could be. I hope not
    You never know how those hollywood agents work / think best move
    Last edited by Triklops 1; April 29, 2019 at 06:05pm.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I think I already said this earlier, but I would love to see Dolph as KING RANDOR, and for him to have a quick action sequence or two. I am all about those old, grizzled warriors who are still very capable and very dangerous!

You know what they say....Watch out for Old Men in a profession where men usually die young....
    Where do they say that ? You should consider moving._.

Im COMPLETELY down for a scene where they "pass the torch" and Dolph and Frank as the king and Eldor with somebody else as He-ro Maybe somebody who looks like the movies he man do a quick history lesson .
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

I’d be all for them having a minor role, but I think that’d be enough throwback right there. No need to further reference the 1987 movie.

Heroic Warrior
    I think Mark Ruffalo would make a better Randor.

If you’re going to do Dolph, maybe do a prologue or flashback with old King Grayskull.

But the DC movies have done pretty well with casting parents whatever issues I have with them. Better to get an actor who’s believable as the lead’s parent than a stunt cast.

- - - Updated - - -

As for Skeletor, I still think James Urbaniak is the way to go. He has Langella’s nasal pitch and he can go quite somber/dark.

That said, everything I’ve heard is that they’re making Keldor He-Man’s brother and plan to make him younger and sexier to go for Loki only with even more transparent sex appeal for the younger set. I’m totally against this. Uncle Keldor has a nice Hamlet vibe going on whereas Sexy Brother Loki Skeletor really could be a new or separate character who gets corrupted by Skeletor.

Just make the twist that Randor and Marlena had triplets. They lost the girl. The two sons were rivals. One gets chosen by Sorceress. The other, jealous, gets upgraded by Skeletor and Evil-Lyn. You can even make him Faker if you REALLY want or Anti-Eternia inspired or something new.

But I think Skeletor should retain his older other worldliness. If you go trying to make him a heart throb, it means we’ll constantly get excuses for him to get his face back as “illusions” or “healing spells”.

I can't wait to see an Evil-Lyn casting announcement!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I can't wait to see an Evil-Lyn casting announcement!
    Yaaas!

On another note, Brie Larson is already vying for the role of She-Ra in the spin-off. (Kidding) She used the She-Ra/Swift Wind gif on this Instagram Instastory.

brielarson.jpg
    Last edited by Tallstar; May 17, 2019 at 07:22am.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I still think Melissa Benoist from Supergirl should play Adora/She-Ra.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)