View Poll Results: Should He-Man and Adam be played by different actors?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 48.57%
  • No

64 45.71%
  • I'm too drunk to understand the question

8 5.71%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: He-Man and Adam: Same actor or not?

Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    I'm surprised this is so evenly divided. I can't imagine how they could pass off Adam and He-Man convincingly as the same actor.
    Make up and wardrobe would be my guess. They can turn any actor into pretty much any age/give them any look they want nowadays. There are loads of films where one actor plays several completely unrelated roles. Having one guy play both Adam and He-man shouldn't be difficult at all.

They could go the whole hog and make them look like two completely different people. It's not so much a question of if it can be done, as much as it is do people want it to be done. And that opinion is split down the middle!
    Last edited by fantombe; October 12, 2009 at 01:13pm.

Heroic Warrior Captain Greyskull's Avatar
    I like the idea of two actors. i just hope an effort is made to make Adam likeable. MYP Adam was obviously not pretending to be the jerk/idiot Prince that filmation Adam was.

However on the other side of the coin, I think you would save a lot of screen time and could do more with other characters by not having the Adam/He-man dynamic like the first film.

Heroic Warrior
    If they have to make it with actors and not CGI, make it the same actor but use your brains to make it work. Which means actually finding a good actor

Snappy Threader
    Yes, though I am not sure how exactly. Film Adam shots with him leaner, then work him out hard for 3 months then file the He-Man scenes buff.

i vote no. look, we're dealing with magic here- is it too farfetched to say that maybe the power of grayskull could cloud the minds of he-man's friends and prevent them from making the connection that he and adam are the same person despite looking alike
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!