View Poll Results: If vintage MOTU were sold now, would you buy them?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!!

71 72.45%
  • Nah!!

9 9.18%
  • Maybe, but only a select few

18 18.37%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If vintage MOTU were sold now, would you buy them?

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

If vintage MOTU were sold now, would you buy them?

If the vintage MOTU figures were available to buy now, say maybe through Matty's site with a couple being (re)released every month or so, would you buy them?
    Now I don't mean those ultra rare ones to fill the holes in your collection, but I'm talking the pretty bog standard common ones that you can pick up on ebay or suchlike pretty easily.
    Would you still be interested? Or - as much as I think we all love the vintage versions - is it purely Classics where we're at now (improved articulation, sculpting, etc.)? Then again, we might still love vintage but not really wanna fork out each month, when it's more fun (and in many cases cheaper) just to keep an eye on the second hand market.

Thoughts?
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

only a select few.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

I would. Except for a few MOTUC toys like Battle Cat & Megator, I prefer the vintage toys more overall. I especially like their size & lack of too much articulation. As far as we've come in sculpting over the years, I feel vintage He-Man & Teela, for instance, have much better looking head sculpts.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Every last figure

The giants!!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Sorceress Supreme Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I would. Except for a few MOTUC toys like Battle Cat & Megator, I prefer the vintage toys more overall. I especially like their size & lack of too much articulation. As far as we've come in sculpting over the years, I feel vintage He-Man & Teela, for instance, have much better looking head sculpts.
    I absolutely agree with you. And besides, the vintage figures were much more robust than their successors from the 200X and MotUC line.

if they were sold now, just as in, exactly as 20-30 years ago, i would cherry pick a few, starting with the lasers and giants!

Ok, gotta wake up now

I feel I must quantify my "YES!"

But first and formost, we'll never get everything they made back then done MOTUC. Vehicles, Playsets, figures. Best thing about MOTU was everything. So much cool stuff.

So of course I'd buy it today, even with the MOTUC being "superior" in every way. But I should say if I could get MOTUC versions of everything from Grayskull to Slime Pit to Spydor, ect that existed in vintage,...

Then no, I wouldnt. I do prefer MOTUC. It's perfect. Everything I love about the old, but made to today's standards.

But we wont get everything from back then.

If you ment if we were adults and the vintage toys came out today for the first time as they were then, with no previous knowledge of the product? Like He-Man was a new toyline neverbefore released in today's world? Dont know. I think probably not. I've seen some pretty cool new toylines, things that I think are really cool. That I would love to buy. But I dont. Because Nostalgia starts the fire for collecting.

And though the vintage toys were awesome, As an adult collector, their playability was huge, but I like display and visual quality now.

If you were talking what if they released everything from back then again? Like the commemerative series, but the whole line again? Of course.

I would love to get all the old vintage stuff again, and I would love to get it all new and pristine. I'd even open and play with everything. I dont mind at all if it is vintage original or just a re-release. From what i've heard, the commemertaive figures were a bit substandard, but if we pretend the are just perfect new re uses of the old molds or whatever, fantastic. I wouldnt try to buy the original if I got a superior new re-release.

At any rate, yeah, I mostly would of course buy them. But I wouldnt if I jiggle the question alittle.

Probly would buy a few but not sure I would do the whole series though since the 6" are better looking and taller.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Schrinedog View Post
    Every last figure
    Me too!
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

i dont think i would...lack of articulation is a big ish for me.. im a articulation NUT ......BUT i love the character concepts..
    Last edited by H.A.L.9000; October 30, 2013 at 05:32pm.
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a DARKSIDE.

Without question I would buy them! I would like to see them start up where they left off though with the Commemorative line. Do the Snake Men, Horde, vehicles, etc.

No as I already have them all.

I prefer the real deal. MOTU MOC vintage figures. If I was interested I'd buy the TRU exclusive figs. from 2000. Now, if they came out out w/ vintage cardback covers for the Classics. I'd be all over that!!

would be glad to start buying them new again, brings back cool memories of getting them the first time as a kid
    I dont need no instructions to know how to rock !!

Sorceress Supreme Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by toyscourge View Post
    would be glad to start buying them new again, brings back cool memories of getting them the first time as a kid
    Oh yeah, reminds me of the good old times!!!

hmmm...i'm torn. I don't want any competition for MOTUC, but will i really get all my vehicles and GreySkull in the MOTUC scale?
    BUT, instead, i have an alternate proposal:
    IMAGINEXT MOTU! Perfect size for kids to enjoy and for vehicles and castles and playsets! AND i bet if you can't wait, i bet it will work with PLAYMOBIL.
    AND the main characters can be made in the larger HERO WORLD line.
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

A bunch of horde troopers mainly!!wow. Ok its time to return to real world, sigh

For a second I thought this question was asking if MOTU were being released for the first time now if I would buy them. That thought in and of itself got me to start asking questions about stipulations on the initial question.

Yeah, I'd probably buy a few for my son to play with from the website, but they'd better not cost $20. $10 is the highest I would pay for these figures through Matty and that's a bit too much as well.

Yes, but I'd want them to be a bit more accurate than the Commemorative series.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I think it would be fun to imagine if they had kept the vintage line going until today. What kind of figures would we see? As it is, I think some versions of MOTUC characters as vintage figures would be awesome.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Heroic Warrior
    A few, for sure- all the faves!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

This is a very difficult question for me .

To see the shelves of my local shop full of Heman toys again ..... I had dreams of this .
    Last edited by MOLKROM; March 10, 2014 at 09:10pm.
    MOTU and POP transformed my childhood years to gold

Heroic Warrior
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    I would be interested in them if MOTUC was not being made, or they stopped making MOTUC. But until then I am loving being spoiled by the 4 horse men's sculpts and attention for detail.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    ..after the greatest chessboard of the universe, I may be done with vintage toys..

..half chowed on by somebodies dog, with ancient oily fermented perfumes, legs popping off from broken rubber bands, and so many reminders that the toys were never made to satisfy my need for story.

..but my chessboard is awesome.