View Poll Results: What was your favorite MOTU Playset?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Castle Grayskull

24 53.33%
  • Talon Fighter

2 4.44%
  • Snake Mountain

7 15.56%
  • Fright Zone

4 8.89%
  • Slime Pit

0 0%
  • Eternia

8 17.78%

Thread: What was your favorite MOTU Playset?

What was your favorite MOTU Playset?

What was your favorite MOTU Playset?

Mine was definitely Castle Grayskull!!!!

I have a great deal of love for Snake Mountain(got it with my First Communion money) and Point Dread/Talon Fighter(I got it for Christmas), but I went with Castle Grayskull. Besides being the coolest looking castle & playset ever imo, it was also a surprise. My parents had to cancel our vacation one summer since I got the flu. Rather than being disappointed that I ruined their plans, they bought me Castle Grayskull to cheer me up. Good times!
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; April 18, 2011 at 04:27am.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    castle grayskull too
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    the slime pit was the best!
    never had the slime. but i did use my shampoo.

I voted for Fright Zone. I never had it as a child,
    but, I always thought it was the coolest of them
    all. Maybe it was just envy that made it so cool to
    me, 'cause many of friends had it. I dunno?

I only had Grayskull and Snake Mountain, of those
    two Grayskull wins - Snake Mountain is dull!

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    the slime pit was the best!
    never had the slime. but i did use my shampoo.
    Ha ... hilarious!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

Snake Mountain without a doubt!

never saw Eternia. Still havent. In real life that is.

Grayskull is obvious. There was alot I liked better in Snake Mountain, I may have loved it more in a real way, it was so very cool.

But Grayskull felt more like a playset outside AND inside.

I really loved everything about my Fright Zone and especially the Slime Pit. I played with their functions so much, played with them rapt so much.

But Grayskull was the base of it all.

I love the castle, but have to go with the original Slime Pit.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior
    Cg. I always wanted point dread. I hope they make that for our cg. That is why I got into motuc and 25th joes so I could own everything I always wanted as a kid that my ma couldnt afford.

Heroic Warrior
    Castle Grayskull, no question- I love the Talon Fighter as well, but as a kid, I read about but never saw Point Dread in person- I didn't even know it had been made, true story.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Castle Grayskull simply because I played with it more. But Eternia was awesome; it just didn't seem to have the play value that the basic sets had. I liked watching the monorail go around, but otherwise it was just this big hunk of plastic.
    1 of 200 active He-Man.org members.

The fright zone was my favorite. Santa brought it to me with the entire first wave of Horde figures. St. Nick and the Easter bunny rounded out the rest the following year. I LOVED the puppet. He ate everybody. The tree and jail were awesome too. It was my most played with set! I had CG, PD, and SM too and loved them as well, SM a little more because of the Mic, but Fright Zone got the vote!

I agree. Fright Zone and the Slime Pit (when I was a kid, they were part of the same set-up; the snake ate you and then deposited you in the Slime Pit) never really get the recognition they should get. They were much more fun to play with than Snake Mountain.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    Castle Grayskull simply because I played with it more. But Eternia was awesome; it just didn't seem to have the play value that the basic sets had. I liked watching the monorail go around, but otherwise it was just this big hunk of plastic.
    Really? For me, Eternia was laden with play value--the lion's arms and jaws, the secret compartment under the gargoyle, the moat, the rotating snake, the prison with portcullis, the elevator and too-cool-for-words command chair, grappling hooks and the grappling ladder, the Sky Cage, and so many places to set figures up for action displays. And the ramps that let you connect Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain were just the icing on the cake.

Plus, it was even more ancient, mysterious and pivotal (in the later mythos) than Castle Grayskull. I understand a dislike for the diminishment of Grayskull, but by that point, that had pretty much become Good Guy Central anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    Really? For me, Eternia was laden with play value--the lion's arms and jaws, the secret compartment under the gargoyle, the moat, the rotating snake, the prison with portcullis, the elevator and too-cool-for-words command chair, grappling hooks and the grappling ladder, the Sky Cage, and so many places to set figures up for action displays. And the ramps that let you connect Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain were just the icing on the cake.

Plus, it was even more ancient, mysterious and pivotal (in the later mythos) than Castle Grayskull. I understand a dislike for the diminishment of Grayskull, but by that point, that had pretty much become Good Guy Central anyway.
    I guess the best way I can describe Eternia as a kid is... cumbersome. I was always having to crawl over or under the monorail tracks to get behind the lion's head, which would invariably tear the tracks apart and I was missing the elevator, so I never got to use that function. I liked the moat; I actually filled it up once with a can of slime from the Slime Pit. But I never could figure out what that golden manta ray was all about?

Heroic Warrior
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    I had all the playsets and still wanted more! When Eternia the three towers came out, my parents complained about the price, but I broke them down. It took me about 3 hours to set up, but well worth it all the playsets I had made to be back drops in my backyard. It looked so cool, setting up battle scenes and what not. The only thing I really wanted bigger beasts and beings for the battles. I never heard of tytus or megator and still no gigantisaur. My second favorite would be slimepit.