View Poll Results: Blast Attack. Snake Man or one of Skeletors Minions?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blast Attack is part of the Snake Men! Just look at the classic Minicomic

79 62.70%
  • Blast Attack is one of Skeletors Warriors! Always was and always will be.

47 37.30%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blast Attack a Snake Man?

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    When i was a kid he was part of the Horde for me.
    I thought he was untill about 5 minutes ago...
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I like it better that blast attack was sent to king hsss as a gift from skeletor. but was really intended to take out king hsss & his snake men in an explosion. blast attack had a bomb built into him.

i like the hord idea that fits even better. i see him fitting right in with the rest of the hord members.

I think that he was an Evil Warrior. I like the idea that he was summoned by Skeletor from another dimension or created by Tri-Klops. That he was with the Snake Men, because Skeletor and King Hiss had formed a short-time alliance.

Heroic Warrior
    To me, he was always Evil Warrior, regardless of minicomic.. I kinda liked Marvel/Star version better, so that stuck in "my canon"..
    I also like the proposed idea for 200X series, where he was built by Snake Man-At-Arms for Hssss as a weapon... Though I would switch him to Skeletor's crew when he's no longer needed by Snake Men.. Skeletor do have a knack to welcome every stray brute and villain that might be of some use..
    He would be awesome "Frankenstein's Monster" to Horde's "Vampire", "Bug-Eyed Alien", "Werewolf" and the "Thing", though..
    I am more than MAN..., more than LIFE..., I AM A GOD!!! And now.. you.. will.. kneel... KNEEL!!!!

My toy collection

My Deviant Art

He's an Evil Warrior w/o a doubt. A Snakeman?? Why are we trying to convince ourselves he's something else when he clearly isn't. Are we wanting to just bolster the Snakemen ranks? Anyway for me he'll always be an Evil Warrior.

I always reluctantly made him part of the Snake Men because of the mini-comic but it never felt right. I always thought if the Snake Men made him he would have had a snake emblem on him. I honestly never really thought much about his helmet until I saw this thread - and it looks like a snake. Maybe 4H will include a removable snake symbol kinda like they did with the Horde symbol and Rattlor.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    I always reluctantly made him part of the Snake Men because of the mini-comic but it never felt right. I always thought if the Snake Men made him he would have had a snake emblem on him. I honestly never really thought much about his helmet until I saw this thread - and it looks like a snake. Maybe 4H will include a removable snake symbol kinda like they did with the Horde symbol and Rattlor.
    Oh that would be sweet. I am sure Snake-At-Arms built him for King Hiss.

In my canon, Blast Attack is part of the Snake Men faction (though not properly a snake man, since I see it as a metallic, mechanical robot, and not a living, organic reptiloid). My reasons:

-Blast Attack looks robotic, and his concept works best as an expendable self-destroying robotic army builder, rather than a one-of-a-kind living suicide bomber.

-The Evil Warrior and Evil Horde factions are generously populated (several dozen each), whereas there seem to be too few members of the Snake Men faction in comparison (about half a dozen). And Skeletor already has his own robotic army (the robot knights), plus a whole slew of additional army builders (skelcons, skeleton warriors, bone warriors, black centurions, air centurions...). No need for yet another army builder to join his ranks.

-The Snake Men are supposed to be a bunch of "repton supremacists" intent on wiping out the other species. So the idea of an army of walking bombs ready to annihilate indiscriminately, conceptually fits the Snake Men's genocidal tendencies better.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I never used to A) Care about blast attack (since I've never seen one in person) or B) think he was a snake man, because you know, he wasnt a snake, man.

But this thread and my MOTUC collection has me agreeing, that yes, he's a snake man. Why? Why not. I like the idea of growing the Snakeman faction, and since i have my Megator there, another non snake is cool.

I just hope (of course they will) that they'll be sure to refrence his snakey origins in the MOTUC bios.