View Poll Results: What kind of MOTUC video game would you prefer?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Open World Adventure (GTA)

7 14.58%
  • Top Down Action RPG (XM L)

2 4.17%
  • Open World Action RPG (Elder Scrolls)

12 25.00%
  • Action Platforming (SMB/Sonic)

3 6.25%
  • Beat-em-Up (Final Fight)

4 8.33%
  • Fighting Game (Street Fighter)

5 10.42%
  • 3D Action Game (GoW)

2 4.17%
  • Sandbox Adventure (Arkham)

8 16.67%
  • Kid Friendly Action game (LEGO)

3 6.25%
  • Real Time Strategy (CC, Starcraft)

2 4.17%

Thread: What kind of MOTUC video game would you prefer?

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!

What kind of MOTUC video game would you prefer?

I have been playing the He-Man mobile game like crazy lately, and it really got me wishing for a full on console/PC video game.

There are so many possibilities with a license as expansive as Masters of the Universe Classics. Just about every video game genre would work for He-Man and friends... (except maybe the dance simulators... )

So, if a new game were to be announced in the next few weeks, what type of game would you like it to be?

-Open World 3rd person adventure-
    This would fall along the lines of GTA or Red Dead Redemption, where you have a fully open Eternian world to explore riding around on the back of Battle Cat and progressing the story at your own pace. There is plenty of side quests to do as well.

-Top Down Action RPG-
    Similar to the X-Man legends and Marvel Ultimate Alliance games, this would allow for customization of characters and a massive roster to choose from (encompassing all factions of MotU). The game can be played with four people cooperatively or as a single player controlling four characters.

-Open World Action RPG-
    Similar to the first choice, but more along the lines of the Elder Scrolls or Legend of Zelda games. Much more emphasis on RPG elements, i.e. leveling up, gaining/mastering new weapons, customizing characters, etc..

-Side Scrolling action adventure-
    Classic platforming game in the style of Super Mario, Mega Man, Castlevania, Sonic the Hedgehog, etc.. (Very similar to He-Man the Most Powerful Game in the Universe.)

-Side Scrolling Beat-em-up-
    Like the classic the TMNT arcade game, Final Fight, or Streets of Rage. Linear but fun, and up to six players.

-Fighting game-
    Self explanatory. Think Street Fighter, King of Fighters, and Mortal Kombat.

-3D Action game-
    A game similar to God of War or Bayonetta but with all of our favorite MotU characters. (Resembles the PS2 MOTU 200X game, but much, MUCH better.)

-Sandbox action adventure-
    This game would be modeled after the Batman Arkham games. Limited open world gameplay with side missions and a central storyline.

-Kid Friendly MOTU Mini-Masters game-
    A game that is both playable and fun for children and adults. Very similar to the Travelers Tales LEGO games but modeled after the kid-friendly Mini-Masters. Like the LEGO games, gameplay is simple but intuitive and there is a huge roster of characters to choose from and unlock. Up to four players.

-Real Time Strategy-
    Modeled after Command and Conquer, Starcraft, Age of Empires. Build your very own Castle Grayskull with the resources you earn and go to battle with opposing armies. Maps cover all parts of the He-Man universe including Eternia, Etheria, Primus, and more.

Obviously this doesn't cover everything. But these are the most popular games that I think would best fit the MOTU mold. I purposely left out racing, 1st person, and puzzle games as I don't think they would translate well... I also didn't put a MMORPG on the list either because I'm not personally fond of those games (although they are hugely popular...)

So what would you like to see? Tell us why!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I'ma go with Beat-em-up. It'll allow for a diverse selection of characters, and if they make lots of branching paths and secret bosses 'n such, then there would be a good reason to go back and play again and again with new characters. AAAND, they could add an Evil mode where you go through a slightly different game using the badguys.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

For me it would have to most like;
    Elder Scrolls meets Injustice Gods Among Us/ World of Warcraf/ Zelda/ South Park Stick of Truth...

A serious rpg with a fun Filmation attitude, based off the new "Classics" story line would be cool,..

So many ideas come up but it's hard to describe,..(when your a dreamer)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'd like one based on the best video game ever made: Atari 2600's E.T. That would be the absolute ultimate!

No. Not really. I'll take a fighting game a la Street Fighter II...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I love fighting games, Mortal Kombat style with fatalities please.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I voted Sandbox style. I don't have much time for anything any more in my life. A game with a nice story and fun game play would be what I would enjoy.

Being a casual gamer now my hope is there would be difficulty settings. I used to beat games on the hardest modes, but now I don't have the time or energy for that. I would play the game on easy and hope it made me feel as powerful as He-Man while I mowed through waves of enemies.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Street Fighter just because I want the opportunity to see as many characters as possible do cool attacks and stuff. I think it would be great. All these backdrops that could feature cool locations from MOTU.

I want to be able to play as as many characters as possible. I hate "RPG" because I love actual table top roleplaying. RPG is very popular but boy is it not a role playing game.

I am terrible at real time strategy but the idea behind them would be a great idea for a motu game. I would prefer something like Star Wars Battlefront. Big battles but with the option to play cool heroes and villians in the battle.

Heroic Warrior
    Not sure which option this most closely matches, but something like Skyrim or Champions Online would definitely pique my interest!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

While any of these choices would totally rock, I went with open world adventure.

I love being able to advance the game at my own pace, and the idea of exploring a fully realized Eternia totally excites me!

The side missions would consist of defending the Widgets home from Skeletor's army, bringing news to Sky Tree, stopping a dam from breaking apart, etc, etc..

Characters can be swapped out once you reach a certain point in the game, i.e. once you successfully help Teela defeat Trap-Jaw she becomes available as a playable character. The Eternos Palace would act as a central hub for buying new equipment, food, health items & swapping characters.

This, to me, would be the be-all-end-all MOTU game! I would lock myself away for a long time if this game were made!

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    I agree with you, Ornclown, I'd LOVE a game like you describe. However, as long as the ability to play LOTS of characters is there (probably featuring lots of DLC, let's be real here) and there is some depth to the game story (moral choices, etcetera), I'd take pretty much anything.

I selected the X-Men Legends/Ultimate Alliance/Marvel Heroes mould, because we'd be able to get more characters doing cool things that way, but the gameplay doesn't really excite me and the lack of story/choices is a bit dull. If they can conquer that barrier, I'd be happy to have a game like that. You could have He-Man sporting all of his looks: Vintage, New Adventures, 200X you name it, with enhanced costumes for all of his variants: Thunder Punch, Snake Armour, Flying Fists etc. You could have playable villains, multiple factions, varied levels all relatively on-the-cheap. It would certainly make Mattel happy, what with all the money to be made on DLC and microtrans- No, not giving them ideas...

I much prefer the open world idea, though as that's my favourite style of gameplay.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

^^^

I like your thinking! The XML and MUA games are pretty darn fun, and they cater to so many fans (costumes, powers, weapons, teams, eras, etc.), plus there are so many cool and iconic places to explore throughout those games as well. I would love to explore everything from Castle Grayskull to Planet Leviton! This would most definitely make a great template for a MotU: Legends game! And hey, I wouldn't mind if it got hit with tons of DLC.... oh wait, did I just say that? I hope MATTEL isn't reading.... don't want to give them any crazy ideas (hint) (hint)..... lol.

I'd like a Sandbox Adventure structure for the story & quests, somewhat like the Arkham games, but much lighter in terms of the overall tone.

The gameplay would be more along the lines of The Legend Of Zelda series though, since He-Man uses a sword & shield, just like Link. Imagine riding Battle Cat instead of Epona...