59 33.15%
  • BattleCat can talk, but Cringer cannot

18 10.11%
  • BattleCat cannot talk, but Cringer can

10 5.62%
  • Neither BattleCat nor Cringer can talk

91 51.12%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Battle Cat need a voice actor?

Ofcourse he need's a voice. He is much more funnyer in that way

Quote Originally Posted by evil-lyn167 View Post
    Ofcourse he need's a voice. He is much more funnyer in that way
    I never really thought Battle Cat was meant to be funny at all. (but then neither was Cringer, although he was supposed to be)

If they can make Aslan from Narnia into a convincing character, then Battle Cat should be able to talk too.

Does Battlecat need a voice actor?

Only if he talks in the movie.
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

Of course Battle Cat and Cringer should talk. Why kill characters that were popular because you never saw a cat talk in real life? If you can't help but think of it as a guy in a suit ignore it or overcome the association. This is fantasy no?

Hollywood brings out several cgi movies with talking anthropomorphic animals on a quest of some sort each and every year. The success of the movies merchandise revenue will depend mostly on kids. So i believe they will retain one if not both the voices.
    How do you like that, hero!

Yes, I want Cringer/Battlecat to talk, but I do think he's one of those character that shouldn't speak too much. A few zingers are nice.

Without the talking though, I found the character kind of boring and just for looks.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

i voted that neither should talk i liked the 2000x series and how the did battle cat and cringer, tho i would have been nice to see him and panthor fight more often.
    if done right he doesnt need to talk. his mood and such can be shown in body language and growls, and purs
    Eternian Beastmaster

Court Magician
    Neither of them need to talk. I think it dumbs it down and doesn't add anything. Are you guys shooting for a "G" rating?

Yeah I think it dumbs down everything as well. The cartoon voice seemed like it was targeted towards...well children...I suppose that is because the cartoon WAS targeted towards children. Hmm.

Yeah I think I would prefer them not to talk.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Evil & Armed For Combat TrapJaw's Avatar
    Talking animals almost always destroy my suspension of disbelief. The Narnia movies struck me as a bit too silly in that regard. I guess it's just not my type of fantasy.Even as a kid, talking cats always seemed dumb to me.

However, there's no reason that Battle Cat couldn't be more intelligent/self-aware than the tigers of Earth.

In my fan-fics, He-Man was raised amongst a tribe of humans in the Vine Jungle and part of the tribe's passage into adulthood was going on a "spirit journey", on which they discover their spirit animal. He-Mans' spirit animal was the Emerald Tiger, an animal sacred to his tribe. During the journey, he runs across a frightened tiger cub, and is "soul-bonded" to it. From then on, He-Man and Cringer (as he names the cub) share and empathic/telepathic bond as they grow up together.

Battle Cat may not be able to verbally speak, but he can still communicate. To me, this seemed the best way to minimize some of the silliness.
    "HA! If such as you are the best that this world can muster, then it is already won!" Trap-Jaw, from the Menace of Trap-Jaw!

Quote Originally Posted by TrapJaw View Post
    Talking animals almost always destroy my suspension of disbelief. The Narnia movies struck me as a bit too silly in that regard. I guess it's just not my type of fantasy.Even as a kid, talking cats always seemed dumb to me.

However, there's no reason that Battle Cat couldn't be more intelligent/self-aware than the tigers of Earth.

In my fan-fics, He-Man was raised amongst a tribe of humans in the Vine Jungle and part of the tribe's passage into adulthood was going on a "spirit journey", on which they discover their spirit animal. He-Mans' spirit animal was the Emerald Tiger, an animal sacred to his tribe. During the journey, he runs across a frightened tiger cub, and is "soul-bonded" to it. From then on, He-Man and Cringer (as he names the cub) share and empathic/telepathic bond as they grow up together.

Battle Cat may not be able to verbally speak, but he can still communicate. To me, this seemed the best way to minimize some of the silliness.
    i agree and it is on the same lines as i see he-man and battle cat
    Eternian Beastmaster

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't like that aspect of MYP. Granted I never liked the Character of Cringer, and his whining gets on my nerves.... But Battle Cat needs to talk. I always pictured He-man and Battle Cat as PARTNERS. MYP made them more just Master and Ride beast. Add to that the fact that there is no way to CONTROL Battle Cat... He has no reigns, no steering ability, and if he is a feral as indicated, no way to stop him from eating orko (not that anything wrong with that) BC Needs to have intelligence.

Otherwise why even use him? With the wind raiders, skysleds and everyother vehicle out there, why ride a creature into battle. He HAS to be slower. Even if he's two or three times faster than horse, the jets are faster. If he's just a pet, why risk his life? If he's a PARTNER then things are more even.

just because some one speaks doesnt make them intelligent
    star wars episode 1 couldnt resist
    Eternian Beastmaster

In the She-Ra screenplay I'm working on now, Cringer and Battlecat both talk. Having Cringer talk gives Adam someone to bounce dialogue off of. As for Battlecat, basically when He-Man is imprisoned on Beast Island, it's BC that the rebels get to explain stuff to, since he's new and he's never heard of Beast Island. There's also a bit where, after He-Man is captured, BC offers to go to Adam's tent (where Adam is supposedly still chilling out with a crossword puzzle or something) to tell the prince what happened.

Court Magician Raider of Shadows's Avatar
    I don't think he NEEDS one. But I would say that he could possibly use one, though. Either way could work. It depends on how well exactly they manage to work it into any place within the film. Although I voted for only Battlecat talking personally however.
    Last edited by Raider of Shadows; September 22, 2008 at 03:27pm.
    -Finding Nemo Auditions-
    Hordak of Despondos reading for the part of Dori the Fish, Take 1:

*AHEM* I shall call him squishy and he...will be MINE!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Giving human voice and thoughts to animals is the highest form of arrogance. It like saying that they are worthless unless they can act and talk like humans. I thought Battlecat should express its animal side more than its human side. I want my Battlecat to show his primal power and nobility.

I think if you put a human voice to Battlecat, you demean it as an animal. I think it would mean much more visually having Battlecat jump into battle and protect He-man than have him yell, "Look out!"
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Money$hot View Post
    He-Man should have a telepathic link with him like the BeastMaster

And the Battlecat/Cringer voice in his head should be Keith David or Blu Mankuma.
    While I agree that Keith David would be an awesome voice for BC, I think they could better use him elsewhere. Perhaps Clampchamp or one of the other heroes. I think a better voice for BC and Cringer would be Frank Welker. He does creature voices better than anybody I can think of!

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Giving human voice and thoughts to animals is the highest form of arrogance. It like saying that they are worthless unless they can act and talk like humans. I thought Battlecat should express its animal side more than its human side. I want my Battlecat to show his primal power and nobility.

I think if you put a human voice to Battlecat, you demean it as an animal. I think it would mean much more visually having Battlecat jump into battle and protect He-man than have him yell, "Look out!"
    This is exactly how I feel.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

I say no talk for both.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

For me Cringer and Battlecat must talk such as the cartoon! And with two voices different!

No thanks ...i dont care to see any animals talk in a motu movie......unless this is going to be a disney type flick and in that case i;ll just pass completely on seeing it anyhow...
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

A fan, not a nostalgic
    I want this voice actor for Battle Cat:

Snappy Threader
    Both of them need to talk in my opinion.

neither can talk...but they need a more active role than in 200x
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

This is one thing 200x got right, IMO. No talking, but he understands what He-Man says.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread