59 33.15%
  • BattleCat can talk, but Cringer cannot

18 10.11%
  • BattleCat cannot talk, but Cringer can

10 5.62%
  • Neither BattleCat nor Cringer can talk

91 51.12%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Battle Cat need a voice actor?

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SERPOSsSerpentina View Post
    If any of his forms talk... It seems a bit too Filmation for me.
    I guess that's my problem---I'm too tied with the Filmation series. It's what I grew up with, it's what "He-Man" is to me. And since I don't know anything about the new movie, I'm kind of expecting Filmation MOTU, just happening to be filmed live instead of filmed with celluloid. For all I know it could be a radical, drastic difference.

I never even saw the '87 live action film (was warned by my best friend years ago to stay away from "that horrendous thing" since it was different from Filmation, and I loved Filmation as a kid), so I really have no experience with the concept of MOTU as a movie. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria
    BC should remain an animal.
    A talking cat is still a cat, just blessed with the gift of speech.
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    I guess that's my problem---I'm too tied with the Filmation series. It's what I grew up with, it's what "He-Man" is to me. And since I don't know anything about the new movie, I'm kind of expecting Filmation MOTU, just happening to be filmed live instead of filmed with celluloid. For all I know it could be a radical, drastic difference.

I never even saw the '87 live action film (was warned by my best friend years ago to stay away from "that horrendous thing" since it was different from Filmation, and I loved Filmation as a kid), so I really have no experience with the concept of MOTU as a movie. lol
    Honestly, preferences aside, I sincerely doubt it will be much like Filmation. I could see it being primarily MYP with a bit of a filmation slant *different styled sorceress, more he-man focus, more classic looking sword, etc* or perhaps even a complete departure from everything else that has been done, but I really doubt that it would be filmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    Honestly, preferences aside, I sincerely doubt it will be much like Filmation. I could see it being primarily MYP with a bit of a filmation slant.
    I've never seen MYP. I don't even know all the differences between "MYP", "Four Horsemen", "New Adventures"---it's all a jumble to me.

I did see one episode of something a few years ago, that was inside a fiery mountain and there were some bad snake guys. I have no idea what version that was, lol.
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    I've never seen MYP. I don't even know all the differences between "MYP", "Four Horsemen", "New Adventures"---it's all a jumble to me.

I did see one episode of something a few years ago, that was inside a fiery mountain and there were some bad snake guys. I have no idea what version that was, lol.
    the 4H designed things that went into MYP. That episode you saw was MYP cuz i doubt that NA was on tv and i don't think it had snakemen... plus it can't be filmation cuz you'd've known if it was, haha

the 4H designed things that went into MYP. That episode you saw was MYP cuz i doubt that NA was on tv and i don't think it had snakemen
    Ah, okay.

... plus it can't be filmation cuz you'd've known if it was, haha
    , yep, for sure.

I'm kinda down now...I've had all the Filmation He-Man's for a while, and I finished POP season 2 this weekend. Now there are no more 80s episodes to watch, *sigh*.

Guess I'll just have to start all over again!

Heroic Warrior SERPOSsSerpentina's Avatar
    Snake Mountain, or maybe in your basement! Or Behind your back when you are not looking! YAAHAHAHAHAA.
    Everyone loves our SPECIAL KITTY.

You know what...

This brings up a question.

What does Cringer eat?

I mean. What exactly will he be eating?

Catfood from a can or bag that which you can purchase at your local store?

A BIG JUICY STATE?

SCRAPS OR FOOD OFF OF THE TABLE?

Or...BAD GUY CHOPS?
    ALL HAIL SERPOS!
    THE SNAKEMEN WILL RISE AGAIN!

SSSSSSSSNAKEYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

What does Cringer eat?

A BIG JUICY STATE?
    What? Like Texas?
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

What does Cringer eat?

A BIG JUICY STATE?
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    What? Like Texas?
    With ketchup, yum yum!

Both Battlecat and Cringer should be able to talk...

...but that doesn't mean I want to hear it.

I voted Neither should talk.
    They should make normal tiger/big cat like noises.

But I don't mind if He-Man can some how telepathically communicate with him/them.
    Or has a special call he yells to call BC or Cringer.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    No, he doesn't need a voice actor, because he shouldn't talk!

I really don't think a whiny Cringer ( or a feisty battle cat) talking would work with todays audience, and in a matured MotU.

Heroic Warrior
    Cringer should talk but battlecat shouldnt.

Why - because battle cat should be at his most ferocious when he is helping out - big concentration when it comes to combat. That is the thing that he is built for - not a tea time discussion.

Neither can talk.

I hope neither BC or Cringer will talk in the movie. They don't have the need to talk, they're animals and have there own way of communivating. Only the Sorceress should talk through Zoar, but I don't want to see its beak moving.

Look at Filmation Panthor, he was way scarier than BC, who wasn't even scary to begin with.

There are enough talking animals in other fantasy movies like: The Golden Compass, Narnia & Willow. But to me they resemble humans.

Dont see a problem if he talks. Afterall, he isnt an ordinary tiger nor is he from Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    I really don't think a whiny Cringer ( or a feisty battle cat) talking would work with todays audience, and in a matured MotU.
    Well they could make him not to sound whiny.

One of the things I loved most about the 200x cartoon is that neither Battle Cat nor Cringer spoke. I almost cried with joy.

If only they'd gotten rid of Orko ...

And as far as their speech being canon, in the original line (early mini-comics, etc) he (Battle Cat) didn't speak. Panthor didn't speak (and was cool), why shouldn't the same be true for Battle Cat?
    Last edited by j-bird; December 11, 2007 at 03:07am.

I still think that preventing BC from talking will really limit his potential. sure it can be done in a way that makes him a character still, but there is a lot of potential for good stuff with him talking. he shouldn't be a chatterbox but he should talk.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

YES. Cringer/BC should speak and will therefore need a voice actor.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I still think that preventing BC from talking will really limit his potential. sure it can be done in a way that makes him a character still, but there is a lot of potential for good stuff with him talking. he shouldn't be a chatterbox but he should talk.
    I completely agree, not a chatterbox, but not a mute either.

And what about Cringer getting the ability to speak only after first receiving the Power of Grayskull for the first time, allowing He-Man to more effectively communicate with his loyal friend?

Maybe after he receives this gift, Cringer needs to pretend not to speak when around others who don't know of his secret identity or newfound speaking abilities, or maybe he simply loses the ability to speak (but is still able to communicate otherwise) whenever he isn't under the "Power of Grayskull?"

But mind you, Eternia IS a place of Technology and Magic, where occasionally, some dragons speak, and some large cats speak.
    – No comment.

Battle Cat- Yes
    Cringer- No.

Quote Originally Posted by The Horrorist View Post
    Look at Filmation Panthor, he was way scarier than BC, who wasn't even scary to begin with.

BC is a hero ...

He's not SUPPOSED to be scary!

I meant to click that neither BC or Cringer should have a voice. In stead I accidentaly clicked on BC no voice and cringer with voice. Which is fine by me too I guess.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I think its too cartoony to have animals talk. It is a form of prejudice that if an animal cannot talk, it is therefore inferior or stupid. I think BC is just as powerful and graceful as any other heroes of Eternia. An animal does not need to speak for it to have qualities and show its intelligence. I think MYP did a good job on BC and Panthor in that.

The same goes for the dragons. Why would a dragon even bother speaking to a mere human?
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    The same goes for the dragons. Why would a dragon even bother speaking to a mere human?
    Granamyr should be able to talk....
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Cringer and BC should be able to talk. This is fantasy after all.
    Some of my artwork
    Some more of my artwork
    "When the troll's upon you, you're a mighty fighter."

I like what the synopsis of the MYP DVD says about Adam being able to understand some of Cringer's meows and growls. I'm not suggesting to the extent of Lassie or something, but that'd be the only way I'd like to see Battle Cat and Cringer communicate and only with Adam and He-Man.