Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NTSC Masters Of He-Man & She-Ra Apparently Not Destroyed According To Busta Toons

NTSC Masters Of He-Man & She-Ra Apparently Not Destroyed According To Busta Toons

I'm in a warehouse (somewhere in the UK) looking at He-Man animation art folders - And here I thought this was a US-based activity! smile emoticon ‪#‎heman‬ ‪#‎motu‬ ‪#‎mastersoftheuniverse‬ ‪#‎1980s‬
    So, it would appear that Hallmark didn't destroy the 1/4 NTSC masters and original film reels of He-Man and She-Ra! smile emoticon ‪#‎heman‬ ‪#‎motu‬ ‪#‎mastersoftheuniverse‬ ‪#‎1980s‬
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Great news indeed!

Hooray!!!!

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Wow! Not just the NTSC masters but film too!! So just maybe, and I stress maybe, if all the film elements are there we could possibly see a true HD release of the original show.

Woo hoo! Fantastic news.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    The text isn't clear that is it for all 130 episodes or just a selection of Master-tapes James uncovered?

Captain Marvel: Yes, if all elements are present, that means HD version is possible. But the real question is; is there a studio willing to do it, given how previous sales with DVD have proven that it wouldn't be such a big market for time and effort? (BCI when it still existed, seemed to be our best bet to put money and talent for such a task, but I don't know what Mill Creek/Dreamworks thinks...)

In any case, as I said previously already. I'm just glad James is the one who discovered these and that he is actively out there doing research and all for the brand.

!!!!!!!!!!!

....I am SO. FLIPPING. HAPPY!!!

As much as I love the BCI sets for giving me the entire run of She-Ra to enjoy, I have never, EVER, liked the sped-up animation or higher pitched voices. If ALL the episodes of the She-Ra show are here, I would be through the roof excited.

Was this reported on the main news page?

I'm astounded to find it halfway down the vintage forums. STELLAR news. Adora will sound like a normal woman again!

James I am hugging, high fiving and bowing before you all at once. UPDATES! Please. Whenever you can. How did this happen?!? Where were they hiding? How did you find out?!?

I need a full-on 20/20 or Dateline NBC report. And a chill pill. Make that two.

Someone should start a fan funding project for proper transfers! Even the best of the DVD transfers are pretty terrible! Where do I sign up and donate?

It would be great to get a non-speed up version of the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons on DVD.

Heroic Warrior
    Umm. Good?

I'm not sure I understand.

Someone please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Umm. Good?

I'm not sure I understand.

Someone please explain.
    With these masters, newer updated transfers could be done of the original series in HD....it would eliminate the horribly dated masters we have on DVD now with all the problems that plague them. Flicker, aliasing, softness, compression artifacts, etc.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks.

I had a feeling it was that.

This is assuming the master is in good condition.

Quote Originally Posted by djchaseb View Post
    With these masters, newer updated transfers could be done of the original series in HD....it would eliminate the horribly dated masters we have on DVD now with all the problems that plague them. Flicker, aliasing, softness, compression artifacts, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Thanks.

I had a feeling it was that.

This is assuming the master is in good condition.
    With the software available now, cleanup is doable, time consuming, but definitely doable. Would be nice if a company was willing to undertake this project, it could easily be fan funded.

WOW!

Any word from Busta?

Don't play with my feelings! I can't imagine a SECRET OF THE SWORD, He-Man series, She-Ra series in HD!!! PLEAAAAAAAAAASE!

I cannot express how eagerly I await updates on this story.

Poor Adora and Hordak's sped-up higher pitched voices have been making me since I first heard them.

And to be able to see the transformation sequences in HD!?!? That would awesome!

I wonder if any more ever came of this? I finally broke down and bought all the BCI sets, and while they are an improvement to the Mill Creek set, it's still pretty bad.....well season 2 is anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by djchaseb View Post
    I wonder if any more ever came of this? I finally broke down and bought all the BCI sets, and while they are an improvement to the Mill Creek set, it's still pretty bad.....well season 2 is anyway.
    How do the BCI sets compare to the Mill Creek ones?

BCI's are better quality, because they put less episodes on each disc. The packaging is also a lot cooler. There were a few issues with some of their releases (a couple of them might depend on your DVD player). BCI issued replacements for these below (which you obviously wouldn't be able to get now that BCI is out of business):

She-Ra S1V1: Problems playing "Enemy with My Face", wants to play different episode.

She-Ra S2V2: "Day of the Flowers" & "Assault on the Hive" glitches

He-Man & the MOTU Season 1, Volume 1: problems with trays that scratched up the discs.

He-Man & the MOTU Season 2 Volume 1: "Ice Age Cometh" glitches.

Bravestarr Season 1, Volume 1: Lou interview audio cuts out half way through.

MYP He-Man & the Masters of the Universe Vol. 1: Disc 1 missing footage in "The Courage of Adam"
    I'd still love to see releases of non-sped up versions of He-Man and She-Ra on DVD.

Hmmm. While was always considering getting the BCI sets, this just confirms that I will.

Why has there been total radio silence on this - was it a hoax...? A bit of misinformation...?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Why has there been total radio silence on this - was it a hoax...? A bit of misinformation...?
    I don't think it was a hoax or misinformation; that's not how the original Facebook posts played out.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Well...what else can you or Busta say about it? What else was said on Facebook?

It's not like Busta to drop an announcement as big as this and say nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Well...what else can you or Busta say about it? What else was said on Facebook?

It's not like Busta to drop an announcement as big as this and say nothing...
    There is no announcement that's why. The NTSC masters exist and that's basically it.
    At this point I just HOPE for Dylamug and Hunga the Harpy!

So....they're being...stored? And is it all the episodes of both shows?

It would be nice to know who owns these NTSC Masters and if rights could be secured for them to be transferred to disc for release. If money is an issue why not try a crowd fund, I'd pay good money for NTSC master DVDs with the correct pitch.

The fact that most fans already have either the BCI or Mill Creek releases, I don't think a company would be willing to put forth the funds to get these ported over to DVD. I think it would be better suited for a crowd fund. It would just be so nice to see and hear these as I remember them as a kid.
    Last edited by djchaseb; July 3, 2016 at 09:44pm.