Thread: Comics: MVCreations Vol 3 (2004) number of printed issues per variant?

Widget

Comics: MVCreations Vol 3 (2004) number of printed issues per variant?

Dear forum users,

Does anyone have the information on how many prints/samples that has been made on each variant (that does not contain a certificate) of Vol 3 comic series from MVCreations? (The He-man.org has a certificate of 500/issue. but I am curious about the others)

This means:
    - Issue 1 - Convention Gatefold Cover
    - Issue 1 - Dealer Incentive
    - Issue 2 - Dealer Incentive
    - Issue 3 - Dealer Incentive
    - Issue 8 - Graham Crackers Exclusive

Best regards
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Alex82 View Post
    Dear forum users,

Does anyone have the information on how many prints/samples that has been made on each variant (that does not contain a certificate) of Vol 3 comic series from MVCreations? (The He-man.org has a certificate of 500/issue. but I am curious about the others)

This means:
    - Issue 1 - Convention Gatefold Cover
    - Issue 1 - Dealer Incentive
    - Issue 2 - Dealer Incentive
    - Issue 3 - Dealer Incentive
    - Issue 8 - Graham Crackers Exclusive

Best regards
    Alex
    The issue 8 exclusive had 500. At least I'm pretty sure. I was doing 500 of each of the variants near the end of the Volume 3 run.
    I want to say there were 1000 of the gatefold cover, but I'm not certain.
    The incentives... I really can't remember. There aren't a lot. In my experience, they are relatively hard to come by.

I know you didn't ask about then, but the one that seems the hardest for me to find is the Andy Smith He-Man.Org variant, which is for issue 6 of Volume 3.
    Other than that, good luck finding a museum edition. You normally have to hand over your first born child to get one of those, given how rare they are.

I've been pleasantly surprised to see the resale values going up for a number of the MVCreations MOTU comics.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Widget
    Thanks for the input! I wasn't looking for exact number, just something to get an idea (which your answer did a good job answering) =)

I keep a constant lookout on ebay and I can agree with you on the difficulty of finding number 6. Personally I really love the number 8 he-man.org variant, don't know why but it is my favorite...

I have only heard rumors about the Museum versions, apparently one were sold on ebay a few years back... But besides from that I've never seen or heard anything. The two museum numbers (preview and nr 1 from vol 1) and Dream Halloween 2002 are the 3 US comics that my collection is missing. But since they are so hard to come by I have focused on getting the Swedish version (from the 80s) in good quality for now...

There was a bunch of Vol 3 variants that were just recently sold, a lot of them ended above $100. So yeah it seems as if prices are going up... Just imagine what could happen if SONY gets their movie released and the public interest increases

Quote Originally Posted by Alex82 View Post
    I have only heard rumors about the Museum versions, apparently one were sold on ebay a few years back... But besides from that I've never seen or heard anything. The two museum numbers (preview and nr 1 from vol 1) and Dream Halloween 2002 are the 3 US comics that my collection is missing.
    I believe there was 25 of the Preview comic Museum Edition and 50 of the Issue 1 Museum Edition. I think they go for 1000.00 or more each.

There's something like 500 of the Dream Halloween 2002 comic. And, almost all of them were given away in gift bags at the annual Dream Halloween event so I suspect nearly all of them got tossed. Only a small quantity was given to Graham Crackers comics...something like 20 copies or so, if I remember correctly. And those have been long gone off their store.

I remember auctioned off like 2 or 3 copies, and I gave all the proceeds to Dream Halloween.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Widget
    Well in a way it is good that they are rare, because as a father of two small children I always have other places to put the money =)

But I really appreciate the info!

Perhaps the 2002 Dream Halloween might actually be more rare than the museum comic?

I think the Museum editions are definitely the most rare.

What exactly are the "museum editions"? Are they, for example, these- with the certificates included? Or something else?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by zodak74; April 21, 2018 at 06:20pm.

Ah, gotcha! Never heard of these until now.
    A seller (not me) has the two covers I posted a pic of up on ebay with a BIN of $999.00 each, which I thought was pretty crazy (hence me digging through to see what I owned). It was also a funny moment realizing that I don't think I've been on ebay looking for MOTU stuff in years and years and years!

Widget
    Yes, those has been around for quiet a while in Ebay (because the price is too high). This is the latest auctions sold:
    Issue 6
    Issue 5

Not too bad anyways But I've seen this go for some $$$ too, but no where close to $1000 (as the estimated Museum edition).

Personally I don't collect it for the money, but since I am still looking for some comics I try to keep myself updated...

Yeah, those later Org exclusives can get up there in price, like in the concluded auctions Alex linked to.
    Anything we produced that was 500 or less in quantity tends to have a pretty good price tag attached to it these days.

Widget
    Does anyone know if there is an owner of the Museum Comics present in this forum? It would be fun to know =)

I know Judith owns a set because she bought one of everything MVCreations published. She'll never part with them.
    There has to others here with them too.