Thread: Comic Strip Tidbits thread

Hexcellent Horror Hostess

Comic Strip Tidbits thread

I'll be posting occasional tidbits from the many comic strip tales here! If anyone wants to add any supplementary tidbits, be my guest.

In the MOTU comic strip story, "Evil Under the Stars," we meet a female Thenurian named Thalia. Gwildor seems smitten, but Thalia is not all that she seems! Art by Gerald Forton, Written by Chris Weber, Colors by Connie Schurr, Edited by Karen Willson

These need more cleanup, but they'll do just for fun here.

Last edited by Penny Dreadful; March 28, 2015 at 12:36pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

I always thought he was a Thenurian, yet in his bio he is called a "Vejulian Gwitthrol Troll from Tundaria". I don't see a reason for the difference unless it was a mistake. The comic strips are very fun though.

Oh, interesting! She kind of looks like Filmation's Lara the Widget. Evil-Lyn always seducing short guys!

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I always thought he was a Thenurian, yet in his bio he is called a "Vejulian Gwitthrol Troll from Tundaria". I don't see a reason for the difference unless it was a mistake. The comic strips are very fun though.
    Possibly they didn't have the rights to use the name Thenurian in a bio since it was in the movie and so belongs to WB?
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Love this thread idea.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Thanks for posting this! I've been curious to see these strips ever since I heard about them. I love the artwork here...I wish there was a collected book of the entire series. I look forward to seeing more cool strips!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    ...I wish there was a collected book of the entire series. I look forward to seeing more cool strips!
    Oh man...I would drop a goodly amount of cash for that. Something else to add to my wishlist of things that will never be. Lol.

Awesome thread! Things like this make me feel like a kid again - reading old He-Man stories for the first time. Thank you for starting this!
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

WHERE'S CRITA???? C'MON MATTY! DO THE RIGHT THING!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    Oh man...I would drop a goodly amount of cash for that. Something else to add to my wishlist of things that will never be. Lol.
    Never say never! If enough fans want it, you never know!

The biggest challenge is in tracking down all of the strips. The comic strip ran every day for four and a half years, so we're talking over 1600 individual strips!
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; April 3, 2015 at 10:20pm.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    "New" vintage? Smells like Nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Oh, interesting! She kind of looks like Filmation's Lara the Widget. Evil-Lyn always seducing short guys!

Possibly they didn't have the rights to use the name Thenurian in a bio since it was in the movie and so belongs to WB?
    Which makes sense, but then why go OUT of the way to waist such a long sentence on gobbledygook like " "Vejulian Gwitthrol Troll from Tundaria". Could have added any number of Awesome new facts in the same amount of space such as

A Spy in the service of the OverLords.
    Husband or wife to a Comet Warrior.
    A preternian member of the Elders.
    A Primian Scout looking for a protector.
    A Scooby Doo villain wearing a mask.
    Once mistaken for an overgrown sponge.

If Thenurian belongs to WB wouldn't too, those guns the 4HM keep sculpting for Classics? It's rather inconsistent what the deal is with BW's ownership. I also just find it perplexing that Canon Films original had such a sweetheart deal considering their inability to properly fund the damn film. They had money to pay the lawyers to make sure whoever they sold the films rights to would inherit "Thenuian" and He-Man's Harness? IDK. It seams more likely the Bio writer just dislikes the film more then anything else, but is forced to deal with Blade Saroud and Gwildor since they where in the vintage line?

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Never say never! If enough fans want it, you never know!

The biggest challenge is in tracking down all of the strips. The comic strip ran every day for four and a half years, so we're talking over 1600 individual strips!
    WOW. How much is still in the wild though? I mean we have to those first two, in 1990's resolution. IIRC somebody from Australia owns them? You've worked with The Webers to scans a little bit of these. How much of those 1600 pages do they they have?

Also PRINT IS Almost DEAD. WE need to get these DIGITALLY. I'd pay a reasonable subscription fee to get new strips regularly. DC's digital output is wildly successful. If these where on comicology app, or availability on Mattycollector via subscription or login, that could help FUND a printed edition. Webcomic makers do that type of thing all the time. Post a strip once a day or a few days a week, then collect them and sell them digitally or in print. I know we are all in our 30's and 40's now, but we all need to start thinking like the millennials we use to be, or we should save future archeologists the trouble and just put our bones on display now.
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; April 5, 2015 at 09:34am.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post

How much of those 1600 pages do they they have?
    Five and a half out of thirteen story arcs. The first one is readily available though, so let's say six and a half out of thirteen. Half! There are some leads on the rest. Time (and luck) will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR
    Post a strip once a day or a few days a week
    That was the original plan. Still working on this. These WILL be seen by fans one way or another.

- - - Updated - - -

I posted this on Facebook a few weeks back, and figured I'd add it to this thread. These panels come from the comic strip story, "The Last Surviviors," which was the final MOTU comic strip storyline. The story was set during the New Adventures era and these panels feature a romantic parting of ways between He-Man and Mara (!) as He-Man prepares to return to Eternia with Skeletor. Unlike other vintage iterations of NA, the newspaper strip actually featured an ending where He-Man and Skeletor go back to Eternia.

Last edited by Penny Dreadful; April 10, 2015 at 04:42pm.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I love seeing this kind of stuff! Thank you so much for posting! Keep it coming. These old strips are fascinating.

Excellent! Look forward to seeing more of these, particularly the one with Crita!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Very cool stuff I love threads like this and I don't know to much about the comic strips. So here's my question to you , the comic strip King hiss, does he transform from human form to snake form using his staff. I was trying to read the viper King strip but it Was small and hard to see what going on. Any insight on this

Wow, I never would have guessed that Adam had a thing for Mara, I would have preferred that he get back with Teela but who knows what else was planned?
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Wow, I never would have guessed that Adam had a thing for Mara, I would have preferred that he get back with Teela but who knows what else was planned?
    Yeah, she had a thing for Hydron before He-Man came to Primus. I wish it had stayed that way.

Everybody make sure to vote for the newspaper strips in the new Darkhorse polls!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    There was a lot more romance in the newspaper strip than in most other iterations of MOTU. Not only is there romance between He-Man and Mara, there of course is romantic tension between Teela and He-Man AND there's a romance plot between He-Man and an Etherian woman named Verona in a story set during Preternian times. Additionally, there is an ongoing love story between Man-At-Arms and Lady Miranda, a scientist from Rondale and member of the Eternian royal court.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Very cool stuff I love threads like this and I don't know to much about the comic strips. So here's my question to you , the comic strip King hiss, does he transform from human form to snake form using his staff. I was trying to read the viper King strip but it Was small and hard to see what going on. Any insight on this
    He does indeed!

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

I found 2 funny things in those comic strips and they are:
    1. Gwildor is pink-skinned
    2. King Hiss is called 'Kiss Hiss'. The letterer incorrectly wrote his name, though.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Sometimes even King Hiss can be a sweetheart.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

Very cool!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 4.19.15!!

MOTUC RECORD

MOTU ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 5 (2015)!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Interesting King Hiss info!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Penny, Did the ORG get scans of all 16 of the Comic Strip series or could Chris not find them all?
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s

of all 16 of the Comic Strip series or could Chris not find them all?
    Chris did not have them all. He had about half of the story arcs. We're trying to track down the rest.

Sending you a PM...

OFFICIAL WEBSITE