Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why not to wait

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar

Why not to wait

He-fans, orgers, She-ravers and I guess Pixel Dan,

So obviously for those following the Kowl-0-meter the 2015 sub is doing great. In fact, very good chance we will not only hit the min but we may hit the min plus xx% that is the cut off. The 2015 sub could very well sell out. We do have a cut off point above and beyond the min of tier 2 (min needed to move forward at all) due to material purchase and other logistical stuff.

I only say this as historically we have had a huge boost on the last day. If you are waiting until the last day, just keep in mind potentially there might not be a last day.

Great news that we are doing the best sub sell in to date! Just don't want anyone to miss out. There could be a cut off. (Not a scare tactic, just the facts.)

To making 2015 happen and being part of it!

SdN

So, essentially, 2015 is definitely going through at this point? Awesome!

Why did you write 'and I guess Pixel Dan', seems a bit odd?
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    He is being funny and making a joke.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post

So obviously for those following the Kowl-0-meter the 2015 sub is doing great. In fact, very good chance we will not only hit the min but we may hit the min plus xx% that is the cut off. The 2015 sub could very well sell out. We do have a cut off point above and beyond the min of tier 2 (min needed to move forward at all) due to material purchase and other logistical stuff.

I only say this as historically we have had a huge boost on the last day. If you are waiting until the last day, just keep in mind potentially there might not be a last day.

Great news that we are doing the best sub sell in to date! Just don't want anyone to miss out. There could be a cut off. (Not a scare tactic, just the facts.)

SdN
    Glad to hear things are going well Scott! Bring on 2015 and beyond!
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

I've never understood the psychology of waiting until the last day myself, but I'm glad it's doing so well that there may not be a "last day" as scheduled and that it could be capped off sooner than next Monday!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Oh wow.

Iīm glad to hear…umm…read that itīs going well and i wish for everyone to get their sub but i need my Peekablue MOTUC figure so the sooner the 2015 sub is announced the happier and relieved i am going to be!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Great to get such optimism from you Scott, always nice to hear and it is such a refreshing change to see all this positivity for the sub this year and I am really glad we are doing so well.

So let's start making that line up for 2016 now shall we...?

*cough*Staghorn*cough*
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Thanks for the update Scott. It is good to hear a positive spin on this year's sub drive. I can't wait to hear that we've made it so I can go ahead and clear space in my dioramas for Dragstor, Blast Attak, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Perfuma, Queen Angella, and all the rest!

P.S. Now about those Twiggets in 2016 (that's if they aren't coming in 2015)....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    The two of them have a long-standing friendly rivalry, usually making visual jokes at each other via Mosquitor or Spector figures.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Great news! Really hope we cap the thing off, and it completely sells out! Then we can really got some awesome extras!!!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Sounds all good! I hope people that want the sub are able to buy in sooner rather than later.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Wouldn't it be amazing if, in year 8, the line actually managed to do BETTER than the year before?

Time to plan 2016!!!
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post

SdN
    Thanks for the input, ToyGuru.

It feels good to hear some optimism coming from your side of things. This is my first year subbing to a line that I've loved since King Grayskull debuted, and a franchise I've loved since I was 8 years old. I couldn't sub for a long, long time due to financial reasons, but when things got better for me I cherry-picked until I was in a position to buy a subscription. 2015 is that year. I finally get to be a part of it . . . if everything goes well.

I can't lie and say I won't be massively disappointed if this sub doesn't make it. I shouted profanities of joy and punched my desk in excitement when I saw Oo-Lar announced as the sub exclusive. I was darn proud of myself for buying this subscription.

All that I ask other fans is that I get the chance to play MOTUC with all of you at least this once.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

EXCELLENT news!!!! Thanks for keeping us in the loop TG!!

Heroic Warrior
    Those are great news really! Lets hope for the best result indeed!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I'll be happy once we get 100%! Until then, it's not over. Let's blow 2015 out of the water and save this line so we get a 2016.

I'm really hopeful we show Mattel the MOTUC style should never go away. We need Crita in this line! The Masks of Power Demons! Songster! And so many others! (I have my fingers crossed for the remaining POP horses like Crystal Moonbeam, Crystal Sun Dancer, Storm, etc...)

Traditionally I'm a big time procrastinator. It's my thing. But after the SDCC reveals I just had to jump in this year, and I'm glad to hear such a positive message from Matty and Toyguru about how this years sub is going. Can't wait to hear we've hit our goal.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I'll be happy once we get 100%! Until then, it's not over. Let's blow 2015 out of the water and save this line so we get a 2016.

I'm really hopeful we show Mattel the MOTUC style should never go away. We need Crita in this line! The Masks of Power Demons! Songster! And so many others! (I have my fingers crossed for the remaining POP horses like Crystal Moonbeam, Crystal Sun Dancer, Storm, etc...)
    True this. I am excited to see a 2016 sub and you had me at Songster. Well, you had me at Crita, but I am still hoping for her in 2015. I personally dont want a bunch of horses, (I already dont really want Arrow) but I am happy to support the line.

I also am not assuming anything until I see 100percent.

Dont wait to sub either folks. Get it in there! Heheh.

How else can we prove we need a 2016 "Legends of Eternia" line or whatever.

Thanks Scott for the personal touch, as always. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Time to plan 2016!!!
    This is what I was thinking!----^ Odd that the final year is the year that fans pull out all the stops, but beginnings and endings tend to be fairly key periods for any line. Beginnings are typically when buyers have that initial boost of excitement and buy up as much as they can (or so was the case early with this line) and endings typically aren't as robust, but in this case we're moving strong on both ends which is awesome! If 2016 isn't in the planning stages based on the sales of 2015 well, it may-hap should be.

Oh, and lest it go unsaid, thanks Scott for chiming in and keeping the fans in the know!!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Warrior
    So very happy to hear this! Some of us have been sweating, so it's great to put us at ease. Thank you, Scott!
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and and original here

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    If things are going so well, why not three mini subs in 2015?
    Filmation
    200x
    NA
    Let's really complete the line!
    Satma needs to happen. I will mow your lawn for life, Scott.

Great to hear the subscriptions are selling so well! If I were on the fence about subscribing, I'd be more concerned with the potential for more figures shipping out to subscribers without a day of sale offering for everyone else.
    Not only could Club Eternia still fail to reach its goal, but it could also fail to achieve a high enough performance to warrant any mini sub offering in 2015, or any additional MOTU offerings in 2016.
    This is what we've been waiting years for! The chance to finish our vintage collections! Let's not waste this opportunity, because it won't come again.

View the full-sized poster here: http://i3.minus.com/ikzNqz75OGhUX.jpg
    Art by Chris Faccone. Commissioned by Adultcollector.org.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodak's new shoes View Post
    Filmation
    200x
    NA
    Pretty ambitious, but why not!
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Quote Originally Posted by Zodak's new shoes View Post
    Filmation
    200x
    NA
    Because that would be too expensive??????
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

So what happens if there is, as there has been, a surge at the end?
    Will the system stop subscriptions from going through or will they go through and be honored or canceled?
    Or is it...remains to be seen?