Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Celeb Fans / Pop Culture References and Appearances

davelove

MOTU Celeb Fans / Pop Culture References and Appearances

just for fun this , i was watching a movie called "princess bride" last night , starring andre the giant , fred savage and peter falk ,anyway , peter falk is a grandfather telling a fantasy story to fred savage. the action cuts between fred savages bedroom and the fantasy world , but every time we go to freds room , there are he man figures on his shelf..i spotted grizzlor , hordak and a classic he man.....later that night i watched one of the friday the 13th movies and one of the kids is wearing mekaneck pyjamas! has anyone else spotted he man images in unrelated movies or shows?

Yeah, in the movie Big with Tom Hanks. When he gets the job at the toy company. When he gets promoted and gets his own office, there is a Blaster Hawk and a Spydor among the other 80s toys thrown around the room. There may be more, but I know those two are there.

Good thread, I was just thinking of something similar the other day.
    This is how the world ends.

Every time this topic comes up, I feel obligated to include the film 'Angel Eyes' with J-Lo and Jim Caveziel (sp?). Two-Bad is seen in Jim's kitchen drawer.

Wes Craven's 'They' also had a Skeletor and a Panthor on a shelf in one scene.

Unless you are a really big MOTU fan, I wouldn't recommend renting either. 'Angel Eyes' was OK, but 'They'...ugh...
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

POP and Customs Mod heftysmurf76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRock
    Every time this topic comes up, I feel obligated to include the film 'Angel Eyes' with J-Lo and Jim Caveziel (sp?). Two-Bad is seen in Jim's kitchen drawer.

Wes Craven's 'They' also had a Skeletor and a Panthor on a shelf in one scene.

Unless you are a really big MOTU fan, I wouldn't recommend renting either. 'Angel Eyes' was OK, but 'They'...ugh...
    Are these vintage figs, or new line in angel eyes and they?

in the film 'the indian in the cupboard' when the boy sees the cupboard makes things come alive he gts out a load of toys, you can clearly see a vintage ram man.

i cant remember if later ram man is 'alive' but i do remember you see darth vader fighting a dinosaur

also in the film 'flight of the navigator' a boy who has been missing for 8 years goes into his room in an army base- inside are a TON of vintage MIB toys - including the original G1 megatron

im not sure if an MOTU toys are in that scene- but i cry a little each time i see it

JAG
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Classic & 200X fan
    In Big, there is also two MOTU posters, where Hanks first gets his computer desk job, next to john lovits(sp?). You can see one on each wall, both on john's side, and hanks

In a horror called 'House' I remeber a boy playing with Buzz-Off, and the name is even dropped by the adult.

Look Who's Talking, there are no figures, but Mikey the Baby is playing with a priceless statue, and says something like " You'll never defeat me Skeletor!"
    big geek

Somewhere on this forum someone had a nice list going of all the movies/shows with MotU-related things in them. (The thread might be gone by now though) I was surprised how many there were that I completely missed when originally watching the said movie/show.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045
    also in the film 'flight of the navigator' a boy who has been missing for 8 years goes into his room in an army base- inside are a TON of vintage MIB toys - including the original G1 megatron

JAG
    heh....that movie is one of my boyfriend's childhood favorites.
    Last edited by Tallstar; April 7, 2005 at 01:46pm.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    The short-lived sitcom The Charmings used the Eternia Playset in the Christmas episode. Snow White's kid requests the He-Man Palace for Christmas.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Not sure if this is true or not...so please someone confirm or deny this for me.

Someone told me that their is a MotU figure (Roboto I think?) mixed in with the other toys in the background of Toy Story.

"Ghostbusters 2" the kids want He-Man instead of the Ghostbusters guys at their party.

"Dave Barry" mentions MotU a lot in his books.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmurf76
    Are these vintage figs, or new line in angel eyes and they?
    It's vintage Two-Bad in 'Angel Eyes', and I'm not sure if it's vintage or commemorative Skelly and Panthor in 'They.'

That got me wondering when/if we'll see new MOTU figures in film or TV?
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

POP and Customs Mod heftysmurf76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar
    heh....that movie is one of my boyfriend's childhood favorites.
    Me too!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow
    The short-lived sitcom The Charmings used the Eternia Playset in the Christmas episode. Snow White's kid requests the He-Man Palace for Christmas.
    God I loved that show!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LaRock
    It's vintage Two-Bad in 'Angel Eyes', and I'm not sure if it's vintage or commemorative Skelly and Panthor in 'They.'

That got me wondering when/if we'll see new MOTU figures in film or TV?
    Thanks for clearing that up!
    I'll be holding my breath to see some new line figures somewhere on TV/Movies!

MOTU product placements

In the old Nickelodeon show "Salute your Shorts" one of the guys had a MOTU sleeping bag. I had the same bag as a kid...

In the movie "Prancer," while sitting on Santa's lap, a boy asks for a skateboard, a Skeletor and a Slime Pit, I believe....

In a children's book "Let's Visit a Toy Factory!!" it has a few pictures of a 1980's toy store, complete with MOTU, Thundercats, Manglors, and others....check in the children's section of your local library. I used to check it out ALL the time just to gaze at the pics!! At the end, you can see a shelf of "He-Man Light and Sound Sword"s.

There was a thread a while back similar to this, but it was limited to MOTU in telelvision and movies.
    "I hate people who quote themselves. They're stupid." - Me

oh just remebered.

in the TV show 'Father Ted' - one of the priests- Dougal (played by Ardal O'Hanlon) has the classic MOTU duvet set- its in quite alot of epsiodes

JAG
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

davelove
    lol how could i forget that?

Good tread indeed.

In the movie «Heart of Dragon» with Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung, Sammo Hung play an adult with childish behavior and he carry a Clawful figure in his pocket for some time in the flick, and play with it along with some kids friend.

It was interesting to see He-Man figure being featured that way in an asian movie, it brought another perspective than the North American and European view.
    - Dr Bo.
    Man of Kitsch, Robot and Glamour. And some barbarians hero, too.

Member with whom I completed great trade and transaction: Lady Angora, Royalbliss, 10incher, Secret_defender, Bosskmr, LupaLuna, Motu2002, Buzz Saw Hordak, Malakai9999, Racer X, Igorr & Cpuwizshot.

Eternia in "Big!"

I'm watching the movie Big with Tom Hanks, and I just noticed a large poster in the bcakground displaying the Eternia playset. I haven't seen the movie in years, but I never remembered seeing the poster before. The scene is right after Josh gets his job at MacMillan toys. Amazing where MOTU makes its presence known.

Hmm.. I just watched that on tv, too! Didn't notice the poster, though.. Guess I'll have to break my copy out and watch it again...
    Thanks for the heads up!
    In Memory of Oscar
    May 2000 - September 23, 2005
    In Memory of Jetta
    2001- September 21, 2008

We got Ghostbusters 2-movie last night, I once again loved the early scene with

"Who you gonna call? --
    "He-Man! He-Man!

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    In the short-lived sitcom The Charmings, Snow White's kid gets the Eternia playset for Christmas.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow
    In the short-lived sitcom The Charmings, Snow White's kid gets the Eternia playset for Christmas.
    I remeber that! that made me a fan of the show! oh and I had a crush on the first snow white - they replaced her didn't they?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Somnambulist
    And in the Princess Bride, when the boy's grandad reads him a story, he has a few figures. I remember a couple of horde guys I think.

he man fan aus
    in indian in the cupboard you see ram man ( I think) when the kid pulls out the box of toys from under his bed

Court Magician Filip's Walhalla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukenny
    I'm watching the movie Big with Tom Hanks, and I just noticed a large poster in the bcakground displaying the Eternia playset. I haven't seen the movie in years, but I never remembered seeing the poster before. The scene is right after Josh gets his job at MacMillan toys. Amazing where MOTU makes its presence known.
    I've noticed this too (it is hanging on the left wall when Josh meets his co- worker on his first day on the job). A little further in the movie you can also see a poster of Twistoid and Rotar (it's hanging behind Josh in his office when he is visited by his friend). The vehicles Spydor and Roton also have a cameo in the movie. Excellent film!!!
    eBay ID = ninjor1

Want list: Euro or French 8-Back He-Man MOC + French 6-back He-Man (YB or TV logo).

Excellent traders/sellers/buyers: Sl@yer, GOKU/Eternian, Onthoofder, Fohlensturm, Sathomaso, Leo_Skeletor, Aldinozz,...

Many MOTU toys make an appearances in "Big!", among the posters if you look carefully you can even catch the Cosmic Key prototype.
    Also the logo of the toy company is gold but the shape....

yer theres also a spydor in Big, its in the room he tests the toys.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26