Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Celeb Fans / Pop Culture References and Appearances

Damn, I was watching and totally missed it.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Don't forget that Walking Dead is by Robert Kirkman, and not only is Robert in the Writer's Room for the show, but he is also a He-Man fan who wrote the 2003 Icons of Evil comic series. Maybe he had something to do with it.

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    and also a Kentuckian
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

It's the only show my wife & I watch together. When He-Man was referenced I sort of shouted...."Yeah.....did you hear that honey?" Just got a smile and then a sssshhhh!! It was great.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Don't forget that Walking Dead is by Robert Kirkman, and not only is Robert in the Writer's Room for the show, but he is also a He-Man fan who wrote the 2003 Icons of Evil comic series. Maybe he had something to do with it.
    That's awesome I didn't know he was involved with that series.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

This was a cool reference. Love the Walking Dead!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    This was a cool reference. Love the Walking Dead!
    what he said

The first thing I thought of when I heard it was "how long until a thread pops up about this mention". LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Cool! Didnt know that! Thanks for pointin that lil tidbit out Val! Love finding stuff like this out.

Another neat connection between the two is that Tony Moore; Walking Dead co-creator and artist on #1-6, also illustrated the Beast-Man Icons of Evil issue.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    The Walking Dead is an awesome show!

My wife gave me the 1st Comic Book compendium for my Birthday and I'm almost through it. So glad a 2nd is going to be released as well as it'll be too costly to pick up all the loose floppies considering how much they jumped in price now!

The last scene of the final episode of season 2 "Beside the Dying Fire" where it phases out to the credits you see the Prison which foreshadows where they are headed in season 3.
    I did not catch this until after I re watched it after reading the comic!

As much as I love the TV-Series, the comic book series is better and best yet, different enough to both read the Comic and watch the TV-Series. The characters have different personalities in the comic and who lives or dies is also VERY different!

I wonder if they are gong to show the parts with Michonne torturing her torturer the "Governor" in the TV-Show. That must have been the most sick and gruesome panels I've ever read in comics! If it will air on the TV-Series, it'll be a shocker for sure.
    Last edited by synthalus; October 22, 2012 at 11:38am.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    For those who want to know...

The main characters took over what they thought was a deserted prison complex. They wound up discovering that there were some prison inmates who were holed up in the cafeteria and was unaware of the zombie apocalypse. 17 minutes in, the group goes to the pantry and one of the inmates said that "Window's got bars that He-Man couldn't get through."
    That's b.s! I don't watch the show but I'm sure He-man could tear those bars apart!

Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
    That's b.s! I don't watch the show but I'm sure He-man could tear those bars apart!

Saw it last night, and it was an awesome reference indeed!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

This reminds me. There was an odd She-Ra reference on satirical comedy panel show 'News Quiz' on BBC Radio a week back. I can't recall the exact words, but the Scottish comedian Susan Calman was doing a few jokes on the Australian PM calling the opposition leader out on his misogyny and Calman framed it as saying she was channeling various female characters including She-Ra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Yeah, I caught that as well. Funny thing is, I was watching Law & Order SVU about two hours later and someone told Richard Belzer "get out of my way Skeletor!" or something along the lines of that. Good night for MOTU references!
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Wow! I give a reference on WWE Raw about Skeletor and no one bothers....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    lol...it's because a lot of fans on here don't like WWE/Wrestling. Not me, as I'm a fan from way back and still today, but there is a lot of "resentment" from fans on the org when it comes to WWE. Don't even mention the thought of Triple-H playing the role of He-man in the MOTU movie. lol

I don't think that's accurate at all. Some fans here may not like wrestling, but that doesn't mean they resent wrestling or its fans. There are people here who don't like guns, or pepper or yogurt. There are fans and non-fans for basically everything in the world, on every forum everywhere.

I'd say this is more about how there has been numerous MOTU references on WWE to-date VS for the first time on a different show dealing with zombies. It's a different audience who gets to enjoy the cross-over mention for the first time. I think it's as simple as that.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Dude where at? I am a HUGE WWE fan.....I missed your post, I love WWE and MOTU. My two favs outside of Football.........

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    It has been referenced by several UFC fighters as well.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Snappy Threader
    I hear stuff every once in a while but i'm always like "no surely not". Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Dude where at? I am a HUGE WWE fan.....I missed your post, I love WWE and MOTU. My two favs outside of Football.........
    Here it is:

Skeletor nod on Raw

Snappy Threader
    Thanks man, I missed that. I always comment on the WWE stuff when I see it. I love it. They could have Goat Face and Goat Man two packs. !!!! YES YES YES.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    I saw it today. Nice!!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I saw it today! Awesome!
    Around 12 minutes into episode 2 from season 3:
    Theodore "T-Dog" Douglas: "You never tried to break out of here?"
    Oscar (imprisoned for breaking and entering): "We tried to take the doors off, but if we make one peep in here, and those freaks will be lined up our doors growling, trying to get in. The windows got bars on them that He-Man can't get through.
    Axel (believed to be imprisoned for narcotics): Bigger than the 5 by 8.
    Big Tiny (imprisoned for an unknown crime): You don't find me complaining. I'm doing my 15. My left leg can barely fit on one of those bunks.
    Oscar: They don't call him "Big Tiny" for nothing.
    Last edited by synthalus; October 24, 2012 at 05:54pm.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=