Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Celeb Fans / Pop Culture References and Appearances

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    could he be working for Mattel toys? .actualy that should be there New York office

Alexander Philipou
    I haven't seen the movie in a while, but for some reason I remember actually seeing the playset, but not a poster. Or is that another movie I'm thinking of?

Court Magician
    You often got to have a DVD to spot such details.

I'm sure there are loads of TV-programs featuring figures but it's different when an Eternia is shown.

In the 80's and 90's there was this goblin character on Finnish TV called Rlli. I remember one episode where he got a load of toys raining down on him. All boxed. He opened up a Rattlor and a Barbie and played with the toys. He made Barbie hit Rattlor with a kitchen tool.

He-Man product placements

I was watching the video for "Everything is Alright" by Motion City Soundtrack on launch.com and I noticed the little girl banging her barbies together has a battle bones sitting next to her on the floor! That totally blew my mind.

I've also noticed:
    In the movie "The Princess Bride," the kid has got He-Man toys all over the top of his bed, including He-Man and Grizzlor.

In the movie "Garden State," the guy who collects Iraqi Most Wanted playing cards has a Road Ripper on his shelf.

Has anyone else noticed any cool toy glimpses in the media or elsewhere?

Yes there are some. This kind of thread pops up every now and then and usually the same results are achieved.

I don't remember all the instances, but movie "Big" has some toy-reference and movie-references in general; "Ghostbusters II" has one you simply can't miss.

nive tread, i don't know any now, i'll think about it, and i going to rent BIG need to see those toys
    Good trades with: evil-orko, xclaw, imothep, HTFToys, Igorr, galaxy warrior, peter, LeelooMinai, sonofblaine , sathomaso, Linkku, D-man, SKY, TED675, Facelessone

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka
    Yes there are some. This kind of thread pops up every now and then and usually the same results are achieved.

I don't remember all the instances, but movie "Big" has some toy-reference and movie-references in general; "Ghostbusters II" has one you simply can't miss.
    I've never seen GBII, what was the reference Jukka?

He-Man.org Administrator TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xenadove
    I've never seen GBII, what was the reference Jukka?
    At the beginning of the movie two of the Ghostbusters are making a personal appearance at a child's birthday party. They put on the Ghostbusters theme song and start to dance. When they yell out "Who you gonna call?" all the kids shout: "He-Man! He-Man! He-Man!"

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Howdy

This is more of a reference rather than seeing anything but, in Look Who's Talking when Molly takes Mikey to see Albert at his office, Mikey plays with some of Alberts Aberiginal stautes and says "Take that Skeletor" ( ), he may say something else but I can't remember.

Chris M
    Last edited by shigsy2003; November 22, 2005 at 01:13pm.
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Ah there are all old news! I watched Garden State on sunday and in the dude's bedroom was Man-At-Arms on a Road Ripper.
    Weird thing is that I was telling my girlfriend that Zack Braff was probably a MOTU fan as he of that age and She-Ra was mentioned in Scrubs just before the scene came up!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

He-Man.org Administrator TheShadow's Avatar
    She-Ra was mentioned on Scrubs? Very cool.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

In one episode of the Michael Landon series "Highway to Heaven" (in Germany it was called "Ein Engel auf Erden" ["An Angel on Earth"]) some kids played with MOTU stuff. They shoot with fireballs at Grayskull and it burns down... other characters appeared (and was set on fire).
    www.PlanetEternia.de
    The biggest European MOTU Community

www.New-Adventures.de
    One of the biggest New Adventures of He-Man fanpages worldwide

I think Night Stalker also makes an apperance in that test room from "Big".
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka
    We got Ghostbusters 2-movie last night, I once again loved the early scene with

"Who you gonna call? --
    "He-Man! He-Man!

Yeah! I own that movie on DVD and that scene is so funny indeed!
    The Ghostbusters were so over... He-Man was THE MAN!

A big fan of Slush Head
    In one episode of ALF, Alf is taken to Willy's room and Willy gives Alf She-Ra and MOtu Comics. Willy says: Here are your favorite comic books She-Ra & Masters of the Universe.Then Alf answers I don't want She-Ra I want Brooke Shields

Heroic Warrior
    Hasnt he-man also appeared in Family Guy?

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock
    In one episode of ALF, Alf is taken to Willy's room and Willy gives Alf She-Ra and MOtu Comics. Willy says: Here are your favorite comic books She-Ra & Masters of the Universe.Then Alf answers I don't want She-Ra I want Brooke Shields
    Alf also calls Willy and Kate "He-Man and She-Ra - Masters of the Neighborhood" in one episode I think it's called "Hit me with your best shot".

There's also quite a few questions about He-Man and She-Ra on classic Nickelodeon kid gameshows Double Dare, Finders Keepers, Make the Grade, and that other one I can't quite remember the name of. They took it off of NickGAS and I watch that sometimes when I come home ripped at like 5am to scream at how I'd run thru that **** like nothing and how the kids are dumb.

Just some references not any figure sightings that I remember that haven't already been said.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

In Frankie and Johnny starring Al Pacino there is one of those MerMan haloween masks hanging up at the party!
    Bak-or - Evil Master of Mean-Spiritedness

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Gee... ya don't think Mattel sponsored some of those movies, do ya?

The movie "Deathmachine" has a skeletor figure in it. I think there were more figs shown, but I'm not sure. Also other figures from other lines.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRock
    Every time this topic comes up, I feel obligated to include the film 'Angel Eyes' with J-Lo and Jim Caveziel (sp?). Two-Bad is seen in Jim's kitchen drawer.

Unless you are a really big MOTU fan, I wouldn't recommend renting either. 'Angel Eyes' was OK, but 'They'...ugh...
    A bootleg figure was also seen in the first drawer.

In an episode of "St. Elsewhere" one of the doctor's kids has MOTU pajamas on.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

I recently saw the House Of Wax remake in which one guy is being joked about for having 'a He-Man hairdo'.

Hemat
    On the discovery science channel there is a robot doco which shows the rise of robots in the toy world they use a spydor as an example.

He-Man and Ghostbusters

Actually....Ghostbusters II? That would be 1989 and He-Man was rapidly going downhill... I saw it in theaters and remember thinking.... I'd have been cheering for Ghostbusters at that point (sorry, stupid 9 year old me!)
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.