Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Celeb Fans / Pop Culture References and Appearances

Revitalizing of an old tread...

Just watched back Friday the 13th, Part VI Jason Lives. At the end, when the hero (Tommy Jarvis) is rescued by his girlfriend from the lake where he fought Jason, the camp kids watch amazed and one of them have a master of the universe T-shirt (or pajama as I think) in one of the reaction shot closeup.
    Didn't notice if it was visible in an earlier shot, but the shot at the end is clearly visible.

Much fitting that two big pop icons of the 1980's like Jason and He-Man have such a tie-in!
    Last edited by Dr Bo; May 18, 2006 at 05:44pm.
    - Dr Bo.
    Man of Kitsch, Robot and Glamour. And some barbarians hero, too.

Member with whom I completed great trade and transaction: Lady Angora, Royalbliss, 10incher, Secret_defender, Bosskmr, LupaLuna, Motu2002, Buzz Saw Hordak, Malakai9999, Racer X, Igorr & Cpuwizshot.

He man on simpsons?

any1 have a pic of this????? I saw the ep long ago! I think he man is getting married or somthing?
    Vintage Motu Wants

Ninjor's Bow and Sword
    Scare Glow Staff and halbred
    King randor Staff and crown
    Sorceress Staff
    Two-Badd Shield x 2
    Stinkor Shield

Pm me if you can help

Fright Zone (Etheria): Prisoner of the Horde
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    Gee... ya don't think Mattel sponsored some of those movies, do ya?
    Nah...I don't think so. All those things are proof that the He-Man and She-Ra series rules. It 's too bad that Mattel did not seem to know how to make the best out of the situation. On the contrary, they themselves destroyed the best cartoons in the history of animation.
    If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
    Socrates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    A.Einstein

This is from a dutch movie called Dood Eind (Dead End). In the beginning of the movie some teenagers are talking about saterday morning cartoons. When Masters is talked about they all shout He-Man very loud. I doubt you'll ever see this movie so this is more for the dutch and belgian fans.

i was watching Cold Case tonight which was about a 6 year old that got killed in 1987 and during a flashback the kid and a friend were riding bikes and he said "I am HE-MAN. By the power of Greyskull I have the power!" and the other kid goes "Hey, I thought I had the power!"

not really product placement but i thought it was pretty neat.
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gnewton34 View Post
    i was watching Cold Case tonight which was about a 6 year old that got killed in 1987 and during a flashback the kid and a friend were riding bikes and he said "I am HE-MAN. By the power of Greyskull I have the power!" and the other kid goes "Hey, I thought I had the power!"

not really product placement but i thought it was pretty neat.
    That is awesome! I'm going to note the episode so I can catch the repeat.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Heroic Warrior
    There is a famous argentine movie (it´s famous here in Argentina) form the 80´s called "Los bañeros mas locos del mundo", that´s something like "The wolrd craziest coastguards". There is a scene in which the characters go to a costume party and one of the actors disguises himself as Prince Adam. He also reads some He Man comics inside a tent when they are camping. The actor is called Berugo Carámbula. You can search in the web for pictures.

In The Simpsons, the episode in which Grandpa Abe wins the prize for the Itchy & Scratchy script, among the other competitors there is one called "Molok, Master of the Universe: The wedding" and this "Molok" looks just like He Man.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Can't remember if I've mentioned this one already, but in the short-lived 1983 series 'Manimal', about a bloke (Simon McCorkindale) who could transform into various wild animals to fight crime (!), one episode, which turned up on BBC1 (U.K.) one Monday evening had a kid they were looking after, in the back of a truck full of toys. At the end of the scene, he lost his temper, picked up a nude Skeletor, and threw it to the ground.

Just a little throwaway Skeletor cameo, but it always sticks in my mind, as that very afternoon after school, I had gone into town with my Mum and bought my very own Skeletor, paid for with a bag full of half pennies (just before they were phased out) and other loose change.
    The cashier had great fun counting out my £2.99 out of that lot!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

hmm

in one of the friday the thirteeth movies a boy is wearing a motu t-shirt(its part 6 i think)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Heroic Warrior

HM mentioned on Step by Step

JT has an idea of babysitting 10 kids ....anyway this kid punches him and says "I'm He-Man !" and then JT goes "you're gonna be she-man soon if you don't stop it"

....and this was faaaaaar into the 90s , MotU lives on for ages
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

i've seen an add on tv recently that displayed kobra khan and he-man on a stairs, not to mention family guy's references to he-man and transformers

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    There is even MotU product placement in the 1980's film Testament talking about life in America after a nuclear attack. Crazy. The little boy is shown playing with his MotU figures at various points in the film.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

MOTU Celeb Fans / Movie References

Hey Gang,

Toyguru from Mattel here. We're looking for a list of movie references about the MOTU property (such as in Ghostbusters II or Hot Fuzz) to include on the upcoming DVD cartoon release.

Also, if anyone knows of any celebs that are outspoken MOTU fans, that would be great too.

Any thoughts?

Bang your head!!!
    The Princess Bride has a few scenes where MOTU action figures can be seen along with the movie Big showing the Eternia playset.
    (I can provide screen caps from The Princess Bride if needed)

As for celebs, I know Leonardo Dicaprio sold off his MOC original collection a few years ago and Kanye West said he likes He-Man back when he was new on the scene...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

I remember seeing Castle Grayskull and a Mantisaur on Roseanne.

Also, in the movie "House" or "House 2" (I can't remember which), a father is trying to console his son by saying "Hey, you wanna play with Buzz Off?", and they proceed to play with a Buzz Off figure.

Co-Creator of the NV
    There are a few mentioned here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masters...opular_culture

It includes all the family guy references, but it also has something about a scene in Big where Tom Hanks plays with Zoar as a product tester and a mention that I think is pretty neat is that the term "Master of the Universe" is used by a character, after seeing kids playing with MOTU toys, when referring to himself in Bonfire of the Vanities.

There used to be show on called "The Charmings" where the kid in the show got an Eternia set for Christmas.

And there is an epdisode of "Married with Children" where Bud and Kelly have to leave the house and Bud has a he-Man gymbag.

I know there not movies but that's all I could think of.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes has a whole basket with all kinds of toys and Two-bad is in there too.

Death Machine has figures in it, Skeletor for sure.

House of Wax has a character making jokes of his friend's He-man hairdo.

I think Friday the 13th Part 5: A New Beginning has a child wearing a sweater with Mek-a-nek on it.

If my memory serves me well you can see a Snout Spout figure in the film "The boy who could fly", it is visible in a scene in the little brother's bedroom.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

Heroic Warrior
    Not too long ago John Cena called Edge and Triple H "He-Man and Skeletor" then Edge called Cena "She-Ra"

There was a He-man reference in The Family guy. There is also an episode of the Simpsons with He-man in it, but he is called Strongdar or something, I have this episode on dvd so I could check it.

I also know that some Jack-Ass (CKY) guys did a clip about Skeletor and Beastman but that's not suitable for kids I think.

There is an episode of Married with Children that had a MotU lunchbox in it.

Also Robot Chicken did a couple of MotU clips that were really funny.

Ali G made a reference to Skeletor in his movie. He said, "You are even more eviler then Skeletor" or something along those lines.

(on a side note, I really hoped there would be MotU in Toy story, but there wasn't. )
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

There were a few figures in the opening credits of Kickin it Old School (2007) with Jamie Kennedy. A He Man Eraser, Leech, Castle Greyskull, Mekanek, Battle Armor He Man, Rokkon, Man at Arms and Ram Man. There were probably more in the background but it is hard to tell.
    ----------------------------------------------
    MY Collection: (some of it)
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=14643

I remember in "Look who's talking" Kirstie Alley's son in the movie was playing with some toys and said to a non-MotU toy..."Take That Skeletor!"
    If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
    Socrates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A.Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Hey Gang,

Toyguru from Mattel here. We're looking for a list of movie references about the MOTU property (such as in Ghostbusters II or Hot Fuzz) to include on the upcoming DVD cartoon release.

Also, if anyone knows of any celebs that are outspoken MOTU fans, that would be great too.

Any thoughts?
    There is alos an old tread about such MOTU reference, worth checking:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=125976

In this I pointed two:

In the movie Heart of Dragon with Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung, Sammo Hung play an adult with childish behavior and he carry a Clawful figure in his pocket for some time in the flick, and play with it along with some kids.

Also in Friday the 13th, Part VI Jason Lives. At the end, when the hero (Tommy Jarvis) is rescued by his girlfriend from the lake where he fought Jason, the camp kids watch amazed and one of them have a master of the universe T-shirt (or pajama as I think since it's nightime) in one of the reaction shot closeup.
    Didn't notice if it was visible in an earlier shot, but the shot at the end is clearly visible.
    Last edited by Dr Bo; December 3, 2007 at 11:55am.
    - Dr Bo.
    Man of Kitsch, Robot and Glamour. And some barbarians hero, too.

Member with whom I completed great trade and transaction: Lady Angora, Royalbliss, 10incher, Secret_defender, Bosskmr, LupaLuna, Motu2002, Buzz Saw Hordak, Malakai9999, Racer X, Igorr & Cpuwizshot.

Also this might be of assistance: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He-man
    Socrates

A.Einstein