Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Celeb Fans / Pop Culture References and Appearances

The popular band "Scouting for Girls" are big He-Man and She-Ra fans. They have a song with references called "Mountains of Navaho", and even mention He-Man and She-Ra in some of their interviews...such as this one... (Start at about 3:45)

I dunno if helps, but Christina Aguilera is a fan of She-Ra. Her mom mentions in E! True Hollywood Story that she used to run around pretending that she was She-Ra as a kid.

Oh and Ludacris is a fan of MotU.

I only knew about the Princess Bride and the Family Guys.

You guys have awesome memory!

Oh I have one in an episode of American Dad there is a Warrior Girl that looks alot like Teela from MYP.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    on Lost somebody called a skeleton "Skeletor" once.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

I remember when Star Wars Episode 2 was coming out.
    Hayden Christensen, in one interview, admitted to being more of a He-Man fan as a kid than a Star Wars fan.

I have no idea where to find that clip... Youtube?

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

contact mario lopez if u can, big he-fan
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    contact mario lopez if u can, big he-fan
    I remember some people on here saying that he had no idea what he was talking about at that Times Square event.

Heroic Warrior
    I remember Hayden Christensen mentioning that he was more into He-man then Star wars on Jay Leno to which Jay Leno asked him if he rememered what He-man said and Hayden got up and said"By the power of Grayskull"I also remember Ann Hathaway mentioning being a big He-man and She-ra fan on Regis and Kelly while promoting Princess Diaries 2 and Kelly asked her if she wanted to be a princess growing up to which Ann replied that she wanted to be She-ra but neither Regis or Kelly seemed to know who she was referring to

In My Name is Earl season 2, Randy askes Earl about who would win in a fight, He-man or the Muppets! This was one of their many bed time scenes.

Spike called Dawn "little She-Ra" in Buffy a few times.

In Dallas, John Ross is seen palying with Stridor a few times.

Isn't Ashton Kutcher a big fan? And didn't shout by the power of greyskull on some talk show like Jay Leno or something?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    on Lost somebody called a skeleton "Skeletor" once.
    That someone was Sawyer. That part was priceless... As was the My name is Earl reference..
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

MotU in 80's films

Last night I was watching "The Princess Bride" with some friends and I got really excited to notice that behind the boys bed were a Grizzlor and He-man figure. I think there may have even been a Leech figure.

So I got wondering. What films contain some sort of reference to or actual product of Masters of the Universe.

I know in one of the Friday the 13th films a young boy is wearing a pyjama top with Mekanek on it.

So who else has gotten a bit excited at seeing some classic MotU stuff in an 80's film? Or am I the only one?

My boyfriend was watching The Night They Saved Christmas (from 1984) about a half-hour ago, when all of a sudden he started yelling for me to come to the TV. He thinks he caught something MotU-related in the bedroom of one of the boys. -- A pillow. By the time I got there, I only saw the edge of it, but I think this might be it.

Stephen Colbert is a MOTU fan (He once opened his show by shouting, "By the Power of Grayskull, this is The Colbert Report!")
    Last edited by Mirage; December 3, 2007 at 02:59am.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I remember when Star Wars Episode 2 was coming out.
    Hayden Christensen, in one interview, admitted to being more of a He-Man fan as a kid than a Star Wars fan.

I have no idea where to find that clip... Youtube?

He also said it in an interview:
    http://www.mania.com/34559.html

In an indoor scene of GARDEN STATE (2004) you can see the two friends Andrew and Mark chat about trading-cards and collector values. In the background on a shelf there is Man-At-Arms on the Road Ripper.

..:: it rubs the lotion on its skin ::..

THESE COLLECTORS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO DEAL WITH:

Kaleb1974 (5x) ~ Peter (3x) ~ JOAH-MAN (1x) ~ TIRPITZ (8x) ~ rougewelder (1x) ~ Facelessone (12x) ~ King-ironic (1x) ~ boggs32 (2x) ~ onthoofder ~ ess7477 (1x) ~ Sl@yer (8x) ~ 2-packs (7x) ~ Arkangel (2x) ~ PIOSOL (3x) ~ pyrelus (1x) ~ Scare_Glower (1x) ~ mondo (1x) ... Thanks guys!!! :-)

There is an episode of St. Elsewhere in which one of the doctor's sons has MOTU pajamas on. He makes a comment to his mother, who then says something like "Ok He-Man, time for bed" or something.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    I was watching Pimp My Ride on Mtv ( I know... But there was nothing else on...) And while Xibit is looking over this girl's car, an ice cream man pulls up. The girl and Xibit both buy ice cream, and he asked to buy "one of those cosmic swords" And after he opens it, he holds it over his head and says "By the power of Grayskull...laughs...I have the POWER!!!" He laughed again, and then it moved on to the next shot. Semi cool.

Bang your head!!!
    I caught this last night.
    In The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2, a Moss Man figure can be seen in the window at the radio station ...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

i'f got 2 new ones, in the SUPERB movie hot fuzz the phrase"by the power of grayskull" is used twice.
    once when they find an afully big collection of arms(guns upto sea mines)
    and once when one of the 2 main caracters show his immens DVD collection...

a friend of mine send me a free postcard with he-man standing in dirty sport shoes and socks saying"this smells like art" quite funny, i'll post the picture during the christmass break
    Good trades with: evil-orko, xclaw, imothep, HTFToys, Igorr, galaxy warrior, peter, LeelooMinai, sonofblaine , sathomaso, Linkku, D-man, SKY, TED675, Facelessone

I did multiple searches to see if this one had been mentioned before, and it hasn't.

In Demons 2, from 1986, Snake Mountain and Fisto are shown right when you start 'Chapter 9.' It comes right after the scene where the one chick crashes the car in the parking garage. Snake Mountain is cast is shadows, so I can't see all the details 100%, but since Fisto is definitely there, I'm pretty sure it is Snake Mountain. Also, in 'Chapter 5' I think a little piece of it can be seen behind the young boy.

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    Anybody remember Walk Like A Man? Before Howie Mandel did Deal or No Deal, he made movies in the 80's. And in Walk Like A Man, he was lost as a child, and raised be wolves. He's recovered as an adult, and he has to be "trained" to be a normal human being.

Well, in one scene, he gets lost at a mall, and wonders into a toy store. The have a huge display for the Slime Pit's slime on the counter by the cashier. He pops one open, dips his fingers in and smells it. It makes him sneeze, and a lady behind him turns and says God Bless You, he turns around, and his hand is covered in the green slime. The lady makes an aweful face, gags, and runs away.

Always loved this movie as a kid. If you ever see it come up, you should check it out. And that scene was great. Genuinely funny!!

Heroic Warrior
    The infamous 1984 horror flick "Silent Night Deadly Night" had some product placement in the toy store such as a He-Man brand kite and a castle greyskull in the background of the toy store where the villain works.

He-Man appears on one of the new Garbage Pail Kids cards (series 7). I didn't even know they still made these.

OMG that is so friggin' cool!

Yeah, they still make those GPK cards. I see them at the counter of 7-11. (Just like in the 'old days.')

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    If you watch the 1983 nuclear holocaust film Testament starring William Devane and Jane Alexander you'll notice that the youngest kid has a batch of MOTU figures through out the film, ranging from Skeletor, to He-Man, to him burying a Battle Cat in a cemetary. :P
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Widget

He-Man References in Other Media

I saw a thread about this same subject on this message board once I couldn't find it now so I'll jst post it here.

In the 1983 film "Testament" the youngest character Scotty (played by the same actor who played the child in "Witness") plays with several Masters Of The Univer action figures, among them He-Man and Man-At-Arms.