Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Celeb Fans / Pop Culture References and Appearances

Heroic Warrior
    Well there is "South Park: Imaginationland" which has a very brief appearence by He-Man, Orko, Skeletor, Hordak and She-Ra.

There's a track called He-Man by Ludacris in Pre-Release Therapy album.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Cropsy View Post
    Well there is "South Park: Imaginationland" which has a very brief appearence by He-Man, Orko, Skeletor, Hordak and She-Ra.
    Really? I only saw Orko and She-ra.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Adam/He-man (minus cross on chest) were on Family Guy

In the movie Indian in the Cupboard You see a Ram-man Figure (I think) in his toy basket..

Also does anyone have a pic of the he man that appeared in the simpsons? He is getting married to teela?? or barbie?

In Drew Barrymore's film Never Beed Kissed there is a girl in the background wearing She-Ra's crown.

Its in the fancy dress bit, almost at the end of the film. She is giving a speach about how the cool kids really wearn't all that cool and the neards were infact were the coolest people she knew. She had just been crowned prome queen and the dog food was about to be thrown at her friend.

A new line MOTU poster made in into an episode of the British sitcom Shameless last week. It was in a scene near the end of the episode. It was when the little boy called Liem, was in his room. You would have to look to see it, but it was there. There's a close up where you can see it clearly. Mostly the Logo.

There always used to be a He-Man quilt shown on episodes of the Irish Comedy Father Ted, (Classic) Almost every episode. for sure.

Finally, there was a scene in the first British Big Brother series when a crazy contestent called Nicky had covered herself in body paint. She held aloft a make beleve sword and shouted quite seriously "By The Power Of Grayskull!" It was shown in her best bits (I think). This was years ago though!
    Last edited by Angel-T; April 6, 2008 at 07:39pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

There's an episode of Perfect Stranger's were Balki is wearing some Spider-Man pajamas Larry says to him your going to wear that to bed then Balki says "I'd were my He-Man pajamas but there in the laundry".

There's also an ep. of Space Ghost Coast to Coast with Mike Judge in it were he does a dead on voice of Skeletor and I believe Beastman to.
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

Heroic Warrior
    It's not a movie reference, but it took me a bit by surprise. In the MMPR episode "The Green Dream", Lord Zedd is seeking a sword called the Sword of Power.
    "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. That's a promise...!" --Kurama, Yu Yu Hakusho

"To me, the memories of my friends are an eternal treasure." --Yami Yugi, Yu-Gi-Oh

Recently there was an interview with Liv Tyler, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Maggie Gyllenhaal. This is what was said in one part of the interview:

Do you remember the first comic books you ever read?

Maggie: I didn't read comic books. And my brother [actor Jake Gyllenhaal] read "Mad Magazine," which wasn't the same. I'm not really a major comic book reader. [Laughs.]
    Liv: I went through a major "Archie and Veronica" phase, that's for sure. I remember being kind of obsessed with them. I loved the "Hulk" TV show and the really camp "Batman," and then "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe," which had a lot of comic books associated with it, too. I remember he went, "I am He-Man! I have the power!" There was She-Ra, Skeletor ...
    Maggie: I was never allowed to watch that. It was considered like sugar syrup. If we had a sleepover party, we could maybe watch a little "He-Man," but that was it.
    Liv: I remember living with my grandparents when I was 6 and being really hyper. They sat me down and said I could only watch 30 minutes of TV a day. I started crying, "But, but, how am I going to watch 'He-Man' and 'The Dukes of Hazzard'?"

In one of the first season episodes of Punky Brewster Henry and Punky are going to the store and you can see heman stuff on the cerals. Its neat!
    Don't do what you like. Like what you do!

WWF Magazine reference

There was an old issue of WWF (not WWE) magazine that had Matt Hardy and Lita in front of a green background with the title "Split Happens." Towards the back, there was a pictorial featuring the Hurricane. He went to a comic book shop and was playing with a Clawful action figure without any armor on it.

For all of you wrestling fans out there, is that magazine title not prophetic or what?

Fisto was in an episode of Angel! Think it was Season 1, episode 14 (or 15)

LOL- this is from a hilarious scene in an early Pedro Almodovar film, "Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!" (was released in 1990).

In the scene, Antonio Banderas is holding this actress hostage in her apartment. He leaves at one point, and she makes an attempt to get out. She uses the He-Man figures to try and break through some glass window panels- LOL.

Some of the figs look like Mantenna, He-Man, Stinkor, Spikor, Hurricane Hordak, Laser Light Skeletor, and King Randor!

Last edited by River; June 24, 2009 at 03:06am.

A big fan of Slush Head
    I think she is holding Sandstorm from Bravestarr in the second pic.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

That's a cool scene dude....I wonder what they did with that Laser Light Skelly after filming that scene....!?!?! I hope she didn't use him to break the window in one of the outtakes!!!!
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

My pictures and albums

Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

I didn't think Laser Skeletor was for sale in the US?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Yea I remember He-man in Family Guy to & Drawn Togeather

I've seen "He-man" and "Skeletor" in Drawn Togeather. The "He-man" shows up in a Steroid house Captain Hero ends up in. "Skeletor" along with the Hulk shows up in an anger managment group Ling Ling goes to.

In Family Guy Stewie gets roided up and holds up his barbell and says "By the power of Grayskull!" but He-man has showed up with Battle-Cat in an earlier episode.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

There's an episode in Season 1 of Angel where a mother goes to Angel for help and she's sitting at a table with a Fisto action figure in her hand.

Also, Married with Children, Season 1, Bud has a MotU overnight bag when he's going to stay at a friends and in Season 11, there's a scene in the garage and you can see a tin MotU lunch box on a shelf in the background.

Heroic Warrior
    Anyone remembers the creepy evil dummy horror fantasy movie "Making Contact (a.k.a. Joey)"? the one with the psychic kid and battles a dummy.

There's a scene where after school the kid Joey drops his bag and picks up his stuff and you can see a He-Man and The Masters of the Universe folder that he is putting away.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I didn't think Laser Skeletor was for sale in the US?
    Almodovar is from Spain and as far as I know "Tie me Up..." is shot in Spain.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    What was the name of the television cartoon series on VH1 where they had the cast of Queer Eye For The Straight Guy giving He-Man a make-over. She-Ra, Skeletor and Man-At-Arms also showed up. What year was it? Is it on YouTube? Are there any pictures still anywhere online?

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=References

Quote Originally Posted by Cropsy View Post
    Name some movies and shows that have references to He-Man.

Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead. (The newest masterpiece from Troma! there's a scene where an Arabian female worker drinks steroids juice then muscles up as she says "I have the power").

Ghostbusters 2. (The kids at the birthday party all disappointed that it's the Ghostbusters instead of He-Man even with one 8 year old boy saying " I thought it was gonna be He-Man" and even proved who their hero was).

House. (The little boy that Roger Cobb babysits has a Buzz-Off figure)

Friday The 13th part 6: Jason Lives. (You can see a young boy wearing PJs that feature the Logo with Manteana)

The Simpsons. (The episode where Lisa and Bart writes an episode for Itchy and Scratchy, on the cartoon awards show they show a clip of a parody to He-Man called Strongdarr:Master of Vacom).

The Real Ghostbusters (The episode "Station Identification" has a parody of He-Man called "Power-Guy" with a place called Purtunia and even from one of the writers of the He-Man show)
    The first movies and TV shows I ever saw with references to Masters of the Universe:

01. Look Who's Talking (Skeletor)
    02. Ghostbusters 2 (He-Man)
    03. Indian In The Cupboard (Ram Man) action figure
    04. Family Ties (He-Man and She-Ra)
    05. Family Guy (Adam/He-Man, Cringer/Battle Cat)
    06. VH1 Ill-ustrated (Queer Eye/He-Man/She-Ra/Skeletor/Man-At-Arms)

http://www.vh1.com/photos/gallery/?f...humbnails=true

There was a thread on here that had a link to a movie or tv show where these college geeks had a Masters of the Universe club (Toys, comics, cartoons). A girl walks in looking for the Masters of the Universe club (business people). I can't find the thread. I didn't see the link in here. Could someone direct me to it?

Found it! Gossip Girl!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ht=Gossip+Girl

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DynastyMasters; December 14, 2009 at 09:05am.
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    He-Man was mentioned in a skit commercial about an underground rock show on last night's SNL (host: Blake Lively music: Rihanna)

Also, in this week's episode of How I Met Your Mother titled "The Window"... Marshall's mom sends him a box of old things from his childhood and he remarks that "He-Man's right arm" is in the box (but you never see it).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Wow, I'm suprised no one has mentioned all the MOTU and She-Ra skits in Robot Chicken. One of skits has a lot of MOTU figs in it - its the one where Faker replaces He-man at an Eternian party!

Quote Originally Posted by Benj View Post
    And in the Princess Bride, when the boy's grandad reads him a story, he has a few figures. I remember a couple of horde guys I think.
    Yesterday my wife wanted to watch this movie. In this scene, my wife goes, "Look, He-man!! And the furry one and the green one!!" Gotta love her:

"I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

My pictures and albums

Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3