Thread: Greatest Adventures of All and Skeletor's Revenge

Heroic Warrior

Greatest Adventures of All and Skeletor's Revenge

Hey fellow orgers I know this has been discussed before but I forgot just why aren't these two specials available the vhs could be cleaned up and released on dvd same with the bumpers? What is different between these specials and the rest of the show?

my guess is that they dont have the rights to these cause i think it would be great for special features
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    my guess is that they dont have the rights to these cause i think it would be great for special features
    Are they not the same rights since it is the same show and was released on vhs? It is the only way it seems to see the complete Diamond ray episode, although in the Origin of the Sorceress the vhs was not complete while the dvd was.

i beleive so but u would have to have someone who works for the company to give u true confirmation
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

To see a full "Diamond Ray of Disappearance" episode, yeah you need to get an old VHS-release.

During the 90s, Hallmark owned the He-Man library of Filmation episodes and they digitized them.
    Then they went to Entertainment Rights who released them on DVD with BCI. BCI did all the work for the DVDs and they would have gladly used Orko commercial bumpers from quality VHS-rips and the "Greatest Adventures of All" but they could only use the material that was digitized by Hallmark, which didn't include the VHS-specials or Commercial-bumpers. That's why they are not released in the DVD-releases.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    To see a full "Diamond Ray of Disappearance" episode, yeah you need to get an old VHS-release.

During the 90s, Hallmark owned the He-Man library of Filmation episodes and they digitized them.
    Then they went to Entertainment Rights who released them on DVD with BCI. BCI did all the work for the DVDs and they would have gladly used Orko commercial bumpers from quality VHS-rips and the "Greatest Adventures of All" but they could only use the material that was digitized by Hallmark, which didn't include the VHS-specials or Commercial-bumpers. That's why they are not released in the DVD-releases.
    What's missing in the DVD release of "Diamond Ray of Disappearance"?
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

The VHS release shows Orko's levitating base falling on his head and saving him from being hit by the diamond ray. Also, some introductory footage where the sorceress introduces some of the main characters.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Quote Originally Posted by manticore View Post
    The VHS release shows Orko's levitating base falling on his head and saving him from being hit by the diamond ray. Also, some introductory footage where the sorceress introduces some of the main characters.
    The narration of Sorceress in-between episodes is exclusive to "The Greatest Adventures of All". (which has never been digitized)

But in the final digitized version found on DVD of "Diamond Ray of Disappearance" episode, there is a missing scene.
    Busta Toons shows the scene in screencaps for those that have only seen the episode on DVD (and may not own it on VHS)
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ing-scene.html

Yeah, I barely remember either of these. I haven't been able to find the VHS cheap. Heck, my vcr isn't even hooked up anyway. I've almost given up on getting them.

Wasn't it one of these two VHS releases where they say 'Masters Of the Universe' when they are showing the villains during the intro?

Yeah, I barely remember either of these. I haven't been able to find the VHS cheap. Heck, my vcr isn't even hooked up anyway. I've almost given up on getting them.

Wasn't it one of these two VHS releases where they say 'Masters Of the Universe' when they are showing the villains during the intro?
    That's on the VHS release that contains "Dragon invasion".

Heroic Warrior
    Well surely at some point these specials and the bumpers can be digitized and released it can't be that much compared to the profit to be made from fans that want a complete He-Man collection.

Greatest adventure is available on Amazon for reasonable prices.
    Skeletor's revenge is also available there but for about 21$.
    Though who knows if any of the tapes are in good quality or if they don't have taped over bits.
    Last edited by Grimbot; February 14, 2012 at 05:24pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Greatest adventure is available on Amazon for reasonable prices.
    Skeletor's revenge is also available there but for about 21$.
    Though who knows if any of the tapes are in good quality or if they don't have taped over bits.
    They're out there on DVD. I transferred both from an original tape, the GAOA I owned as a kid, excellent condition, the SR I got from ebay years ago. I gave them away at the org gathering at SDCC. You might be able to find a person to copy it if you've never seen it. I'd offer it myself, but I no longer use discs and have no burners.
    www.toyjesus.com
    All your MOTU Sticker and Instruction needs!

Yeah, I can't really justify spending any money on motu right now. I'm on a toy biz x-men binge

Quote Originally Posted by Toyjesus View Post
    They're out there on DVD. I transferred both from an original tape, the GAOA I owned as a kid, excellent condition, the SR I got from ebay years ago. I gave them away at the org gathering at SDCC. You might be able to find a person to copy it if you've never seen it. I'd offer it myself, but I no longer use discs and have no burners.
    Government of my country has banned import of discs with pirated content. :\