Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A life sized He-Man

Heroic Warrior

A life sized He-Man

Just been looking at my He-Man toy (original series) and measured up and converted to real size (based on his being 6ft 2 inches tall).

On that basis, a real He-Man in the flesh would have almost 34 inch biceps and a 70 inch chest. Awesome!!

No wonder it's so difficult to find the right person to play him a film.
    He-man is the biggest (watch him pump up his massive biceps) and the strongest - no one can beat him. Remember that!

I agree, he'd be huge, but I remember Roger Sweet saying that He-Man's height was supposed to be 6'4". He did the math originally at 6 feet and realistically, He-Man would have weighed almost 700 pounds.
    1 of 200 active He-Man.org members.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    Just been looking at my He-Man toy (original series) and measured up and converted to real size (based on his being 6ft 2 inches tall).

On that basis, a real He-Man in the flesh would have almost 34 inch biceps and a 70 inch chest. Awesome!!

No wonder it's so difficult to find the right person to play him a film.
    He wouldn't be able to run or swing a sword properly. I wouldn’t want He-Man to be that big in a new film.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    He wouldn't be able to run or swing a sword properly. I wouldn’t want He-Man to be that big in a new film.

How do you know he wouldn't be able to run or swing a sword properly? Anyway, as there is no-one that size in real life, it's not an issue for the film.

And at 6ft 4, he'd be even bigger than the estimates I came up with.

Just hope they pick a decent sized guy if the film ever gets made. Jay Cutler would be ideal.
    He-man is the biggest (watch him pump up his massive biceps) and the strongest - no one can beat him. Remember that!

jay cutler is too short in my opinion, he is 5'9.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by kelddorr View Post
    jay cutler is too short in my opinion, he is 5'9.
    I agree Jay is too short but size wise and looks wise he's probably one of the few guys who come close.

Obviously not the quarterback then...
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

Actually I'm curious, could Arnie have met those measurements in the day, say around Conan the Barbarian?
    How do you like that, hero!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by skeletorrobo View Post
    Actually I'm curious, could Arnie have met those measurements in the day, say around Conan the Barbarian?
    IMHO Arnold would still be smaller than that required to play the part. Actually he wasn't that big.

Heroic Warrior

Tired of waiting for Hollywood.

Arnold is king Randor.

He-Man only needs to be big enough to make his sister jealous.

If I remember correctly a court decision from the 80s in the litigation between Mattel and the owners of the Conan rights contained a footnote that discussed He-Man's proportions scaled up to adult male height and even compared his measurements to Arnold during his Mr. Universe days.

It's been years since I read the cases and I may be wrong. I'll look it up and report back. I should have them on my hard drive somewhere. I believe in the same case the court called the He-Man figure a neanderthal in a fighting stance.

I could post the full text of the decisions if people are interested.

Heroic Warrior
    There wasn't enough characters in Conan to make a toy line anyway.

I found it. This is what the court said:

"In 1977, shortly after he won the Mr. Olympia title, Schwarzenegger's chest measured fifty-seven inches, and his calves measured twenty inches...A six foot two inch He-Man, in contrast, would have calves measuring twenty-nine inches — thirty one percent larger than Schwarzenegger's — and a chest measuring seventy-one inches — twenty percent larger than Schwarzenegger's."

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    I found it. This is what the court said:

"In 1977, shortly after he won the Mr. Olympia title, Schwarzenegger's chest measured fifty-seven inches, and his calves measured twenty inches...A six foot two inch He-Man, in contrast, would have calves measuring twenty-nine inches — thirty one percent larger than Schwarzenegger's — and a chest measuring seventy-one inches — twenty percent larger than Schwarzenegger's."
    That's interesting, no wonder Arnold gave the He-man image a bad look back then.
    How do you like that, hero!

Heroic Warrior
    Exactly. Arnold would have been too small for the part and wouldn't have looked right.

Dolph had the look but not the size (or the storyline for that matter...lol).

Jay Cutler would definitely fit the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    Exactly. Arnold would have been too small for the part and wouldn't have looked right.

Dolph had the look but not the size (or the storyline for that matter...lol).

Jay Cutler would definitely fit the bill.
    I just looked up Jay Cutler and he would fit perfectly, they could just use some camera tricks, and other short actors to make him look taller.

Heroic Warrior
    It will be tricky to cast He-Man and make him look like Adam and his twin sister, and his parents.

..and Arnold never made anything have a bad image.
    (except for getting older, but everyone makes that look bad)
    Last edited by Eternian-King Paul; January 10, 2012 at 10:35pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    I just looked up Jay Cutler and he would fit perfectly, they could just use some camera tricks, and other short actors to make him look taller.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../JayCutler.jpg
    Wow...great photo of Jay. He's definitely the one...

No, Jay Cutler has a very wide waist that makes his hands look small. Too much GH I guess...

Actually when I first saw Lee Priest back in 2001, the first thing that came to mind was that he looked a lot like a real-life He-Man figure.

[IMG]http://mmpf.xl.cx/EXT2/Images*****builder/Known%20Bodybuilders/Lee%20Priest/Lee%20Priest_0061_4402.jpg[/IMG]

Brock Lesner with Long Blonde Hair!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_SLUMP View Post
    No, Jay Cutler has a very wide waist that makes his hands look small. Too much GH I guess...

Actually when I first saw Lee Priest back in 2001, the first thing that came to mind was that he looked a lot like a real-life He-Man figure.

http://mmpf.xl.cx/EXT2/Images*****bu..._0061_4402.jpg

http://www.solid-gains.com/gallery/a...t-23_sized.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ISAhuWC0qe...eepriest06.jpg
    Proportions are better but he's way too short at 5'4".

Heroic Warrior
    They will never have a guy look like that play He-man.

Quite simply, it's completely unattractive to most heterosexual females and homosexual males. They will not go dig up toy designs and base casting on that, LOL.

It is funny how straight males tend to like watching films about overly muscled, largely unclothed men, though. Kind of like how as a gay male I like films about women in tight costumes and guns/whips.

Heroic Warrior
    ..I think you need to understand Adam's concerns and his world first, then you can understand He-Man.

If Adam feels that his future kingdom is challenged by Skeletor, then he might want to grow-up right now and prove he can deal with his father's issues, thereby he craves his father's strength and braverey and wisdom, and can get strength and braverey at GreySkull. Wisdom may come later.

She-Ra probably wants to be 'the King' too, but likely girls are not allowed and usualy ignored by important figures.
    So I see her seeking power and respect. Wisdom may come later.

(..overly muscular and unclothed.. Like Terminator after the time warp. For sure.)

I always imagined He-Man to be like Barbie, too out of proportions to be a real person. I personally want him to look more like a linebacker than a bodybuilder. Kind of like the difference between Ang Lee's body builder Hulk and Louis Leterrier's leaner more athletic Hulk. In my mind He-Man should look like he can do all of the amazing things we expect He-Man to do. I'd like a nice balance between powerful and athletic, like Brad Pitt as Achilles or Gerard Butler as King Leonides.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    I always imagined He-Man to be like Barbie, too out of proportions to be a real person. I personally want him to look more like a linebacker than a bodybuilder. Kind of like the difference between Ang Lee's body builder Hulk and Louis Leterrier's leaner more athletic Hulk. In my mind He-Man should look like he can do all of the amazing things we expect He-Man to do. I'd like a nice balance between powerful and athletic, like Brad Pitt as Achilles or Gerard Butler as King Leonides.
    I don't think they would pick anyone more bulky than Dolph, and that is pushing it. You just don't see men looking like that in movies anymore - as a society the idea of the "ideal" male form has gone pretty far away from body builder. With He-man, I don't think he needs to be grotesquely muscled anyway - She-ra was as strong as He-man, but obviously with far less muscle mass, so I've always assumed that his great strength wasn't because of raw muscle, but his channeling the power of Grayskull.