• no, some other color - if you pick this please state why

24 28.92%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: should skeletors face be yellow or some other color

Heroic Warrior corytheguitarhero's Avatar

should skeletors face be yellow or some other color

yes yellow - if you pick this please state why
    no, some other color - if you pick this please state why

I picked yellow.. simple reason, filmation yellow is an integral piece of his character and he wouldn't be the same without it.

Co-Creator of the NV
    i wish there was an "indifferent" option in the poll.

It's not a really big issue to me one way or another. Yellow can work fine and look good if it is a really toned down yellow.. i can sorta imagine bones yellowing, even though i don't think they do.

On the other hand, if it is not yellow, it wouldn't bother me either.

White, Yellow, Grey, Green...all good options as long as they dont make his eyes red
    MOTU FANATIC 4EVER

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Vega View Post
    White, Yellow, Grey, Green...all good options as long as they dont make his eyes red
    I agreed with half your statement! Well about the colors of the bone.

Just wondering what you want his eyes to be? Or do you prefer plain black sockets?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    Or do you prefer plain black sockets?
    That or real eyes burried within the sockets..
    MOTU FANATIC 4EVER

Heroic Warrior corytheguitarhero's Avatar
    wow.. I actually like the Red Glowing sockets..

The mini comic Skeletor was scary.. Maybe not realistic but they were warriors from another planet so they weren't really supposed the be realistic by earth standards.

Anyone else remember mini comic skeletor?
    The face was all haggard and yellow and the red eye sockets were really creepy.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by corytheguitarhero View Post
    wow.. I actually like the Red Glowing sockets..

The mini comic Skeletor was scary.. Maybe not realistic but they were warriors from another planet so they weren't really supposed the be realistic by earth standards.

Anyone else remember mini comic skeletor?
    The face was all haggard and yellow and the red eye sockets were really creepy.
    I like the glow too. I prefer it though if it wasn't always glowing. Maybe when he gets mad or something.

I am not too concerned with realism when it comes to skeletor... i mean, the man has no face. Realistically, he should be screaming in agony all the time... even more realistically he should be dead, haha

I like the glow too. I prefer it though if it wasn't always glowing. Maybe when he gets mad or something.

I am not too concerned with realism when it comes to skeletor... i mean, the man has no face. Realistically, he should be screaming in agony all the time... even more realistically he should be dead, haha
    Not really, I can imagine somebody living with his face burned almost completely off, I mean its just the skin on his face no? On the red eyes thing I think its a bit too "cartoony" for the new movie. Keldor is a man, not a demon so why would his eyes glow?
    MOTU FANATIC 4EVER

Co-Creator of the NV
    Not really, I can imagine somebody living with his face burned almost completely off, I mean its just the skin on his face no? On the red eyes thing I think its a bit too "cartoony" for the new movie. Keldor is a man, not a demon so why would his eyes glow?
    hmm... i'm not sure if it would be possible to live without the skin.. i suppose if the areas where the skin stops are properly cauterized so as to avoid bleeding, it might be possible? *shrugs8

As for the glow... Truthfully, I don't see skeletor as just being a man with no face. I always figured that whatever happened to skeletor changed him into something somewhat different from a man. Plus it could be a side effect of the magic that allowed him to survive the burns. Aside from me finding it aesthetically pleasing, i think it helps him convey emotion on his face since it's pretty much impossible to do that when you have no flesh or musculature to work with.

As for the glow... Truthfully, I don't see skeletor as just being a man with no face. I always figured that whatever happened to skeletor changed him into something somewhat different from a man.
    I sense some MYP there
    MOTU FANATIC 4EVER

Co-Creator of the NV
    I sense some MYP there
    Well, MYP is definitely my favorite of the series. It's the only one i even find good.

But even before MYP and after the red eyes were used in the early minicomics, Skeletor still seemed like more than just a man with no face. That's the feeling i got from the Search for Keldor minicomic where it seemed implied that something happeend to Keldor to turn him into skeletor. To me at least, the change didn't seem like it was purely cosmetic in nature.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    A dirty white skull with some rotting and cracks, also with glowing red eye sockets.

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    I was a bit older than some when I got into MOTU. I always thought Skeletor was an undead monster of some kind - like a lich in D&D. I don't think the word "alive" applies to him.

His face should look like weathered bone, whatever color that is. It could have a yellowish cast to it, but probably not actually *be* yellow.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

Loves Species 8472 <3 o0angeredsoul0o's Avatar
    Pink. -Giggles-
    "It has been proven! Jess is clincally insane. But she aint havin no therapy!!"

Heroic Warrior SERPOSsSerpentina's Avatar
    Snake Mountain, or maybe in your basement! Or Behind your back when you are not looking! YAAHAHAHAHAA.
    Hmm. I think it should be a bone color. You know what I mean? Like the way bones should be colored... Natural.
    ALL HAIL SERPOS!
    THE SNAKEMEN WILL RISE AGAIN!

SSSSSSSSNAKEYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Fright Zone (Etheria): Prisoner of the Horde
    I voted "no, some other colour". Which colour do I pick? The colour of a human skull... "white-ish".
    If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
    Socrates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    A.Einstein

I didn't vote as i really don't care what colour his face is.
    As long as it looks cool and suites the name of Skeletor!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I am for yellow. So that's what I voted for.

White is nice, but it's too common.
    Ghost Rider has a white skull.
    Pretty much every other skull you see anywhere else = white.

It's the yellow bone face that makes Skeletor something special / recognizeable!
    ..:: it rubs the lotion on its skin ::..

THESE COLLECTORS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO DEAL WITH:

Kaleb1974 (5x) ~ Peter (3x) ~ JOAH-MAN (1x) ~ TIRPITZ (8x) ~ rougewelder (1x) ~ Facelessone (12x) ~ King-ironic (1x) ~ boggs32 (2x) ~ onthoofder ~ ess7477 (1x) ~ Sl@yer (8x) ~ 2-packs (7x) ~ Arkangel (2x) ~ PIOSOL (3x) ~ pyrelus (1x) ~ Scare_Glower (1x) ~ mondo (1x) ... Thanks guys!!! :-)

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I chose yellow. The toys have always had yellow/green skulls. It sets it apart from being an ordinary boring human skull. There's a sickly yet ethereal quality to the yellow/green skull. It just strikes me as more dramatic and spooky.

No it would have to burn the skin and all the muscles, blood vessels, fat deposits, and nerves off. You seriously couldn't live with a face like that. The skull has got to be in some way magically maintained and controlled. Eyeballs would look very weird so glowing "pupils" or empty sockets are the only choices. Either is fine for me.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    No it would have to burn the skin and all the muscles, blood vessels, fat deposits, and nerves off. You seriously couldn't live with a face like that. The skull has got to be in some way magically maintained and controlled. Eyeballs would look very weird so glowing "pupils" or empty sockets are the only choices. Either is fine for me.
    I prefer the glowing orb look because it makes it easier to convey emotion on an otherwise blank slate of a face. Plus it looks pretty cool.

Heroic Warrior
    As unpopular as it is with Hollywood, I would try to make the characters appear as real-life versions of the toys. So, Skeletor should be played by a well-sculpted actor, wear an adaptation of his classic armor, have his skin digitally tinted blue, and his skull face should be yellow. I'd also choose pitch black eye sockets with glowing red pupils.

I do predict there's little chance of that, however. It would not surprise me if Skeletor ends up wearing a futuristic business suit and has a skull tattoo on a human face and his Havoc Staff is turned into a kind of sorcerous cell phone.

I was gonna say something like the MYP Skeletor. But after reading this I have to go with the yellowish skull it really does go with him.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

it should be yellow because the most iconic Skeletor is the Filmation one, though a slight tinge of green decaying skin around the perimeter would be acceptable.

...but they'll probably make it stupid again. maybe they'll bring back Gwildor and center the story around the Widgets trying to get home from Earth.

It should be like toys/minicomics: yellow with a little green around the edges. The eyesockets should be empty with maybe a little bit of red on the inside walls - but no eyeballs

I picked some other color because I want Skeletor's face to look "skull-like", with bone color tones to give it that "realistic" look. And make it "dirty" looking instead of super-clean looking like it was for Ghost Rider.