View Poll Results: Should MER MAN be in the new movie

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! (please state why)

161 97.58%
  • no (please state why)

4 2.42%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should MER MAN be in the new movie..

Hybrid View

Heroic Warrior corytheguitarhero's Avatar

Should MER MAN be in the new movie..

I think that it would suck if he's not.. Mer Man is a must..

What do you think?

I'll admit, I just voted YES! because Merman has been a long time favorite of mine for MotU.
    I felt jipped that he wasn't in the '87 movie.
    I'll feel jipped if he's not in this one.

But of course, he should only be there if it makes sense for the story.

Still, even if he's just a background cronnie of Skeletor's that we don't see much of, that'd be okay too.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Sure. An underwater "Creature from the black lagoon" type creature like him, makes for a great visual.

I can just immagine him coming up out of a muddy water-hole in Snake Mountain in the beginning of the film, when Skelly gathers around all of his underlings.

Fright Zone (Etheria): Prisoner of the Horde
    Of course! Mer-Man, Trap Jaw, Triklops and Evil Lyn are the basic villains along with Skeletor. They all have to be in the movie!
    If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
    Socrates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    A.Einstein

Mer Man is my favourite Evil Warrior, so I hope he does show up. A fish person wouldnt be too hard to do I wouldnt think...

I think he's a great character and would look amazing on screen! I really hope he's in it!
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Quote Originally Posted by Wacky Martin View Post
    Mer Man is my favourite Evil Warrior, so I hope he does show up. A fish person wouldnt be too hard to do I wouldnt think...
    yep see pirates of the caribbean 2 and 3, they can do fish folk REALLY well in this day and age. that being said GIVE ME MER MAN!!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidliz View Post
    Of course! Mer-Man, Trap Jaw, Triklops and Evil Lyn are the basic villains along with Skeletor. They all have to be in the movie!
    You forgot Beastman

As for Mer Man, I only want to see him in the movie if there's a scene that involves water, whether it be an ocean or a lake. There's really no option on the poll for "yes, but only under special circumstances" so I'll skip voting.

Fright Zone (Etheria): Prisoner of the Horde
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    You forgot Beastman
    oh yes, the funny thing is that I had him in mind..

There's really no option on the poll for "yes, but only under special circumstances" so I'll skip voting.
    Tisk tisk... so demanding....
    If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
    Socrates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    A.Einstein

For me the movie has to have the original 8-Back plus the few characters that came after, ie: Ram-man, Man-E-Faces, Trap-Jaw, Tri-Klops and Evil Lyn!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    For me the movie has to have the original 8-Back plus the few characters that came after, ie: Ram-man, Man-E-Faces, Trap-Jaw, Tri-Klops and Evil Lyn!
    Who are the original 8?
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    Who are the original 8?
    I think He-Man, Skeletor, Mer-Man, Beast Man, Stratos, Zodac, Teela and Man-At-Arms.

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Stratos? Zodac?? Interesting...the series sure started out making you think there were more originals, and not including those two.
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Heroic Warrior SERPOSsSerpentina's Avatar
    Snake Mountain, or maybe in your basement! Or Behind your back when you are not looking! YAAHAHAHAHAA.
    Oh yes. Of course. Most definitely! It just wouldn't be the same without him.
    ALL HAIL SERPOS!
    THE SNAKEMEN WILL RISE AGAIN!

SSSSSSSSNAKEYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Of course Mer-man should be in it. He's one of the more famous villains of the series...i.e. if you ask non-fans who the villains are, his name is likely to come up.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Of course. I'd like all of the original (ie. first two wave) characters to put in some sort of appearance.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

YES. Because he is one the OG villains and I just LOVE that gurgly-voice of his!!
    – No comment.

Anyone that doubts his popularity and significance...wasn't he the first of the Neca busts sculpted for the 200X re-launch ?
    OG villain, definitely. He was the Neptune/Poseidon character from back in the day when MOTU had some mythological elements and he was the Evil Master of his domain.
    ...and I'm spent...

Mandola [my band!]

Yes, outside the waters or oceans and all that he is not much of a threat unless he is kicking your but with his coral sword or trident. in the ocean he will rule you. with a capital R. being able to control fierce monsters of the deep to suit his purpose to suit his own needs. all things under water are all jim dandy until that giant winged whale piranha just came out of no where and bit your arm off. he is Skeletors element of the sea. do not let him slip by like a bar of soap in someones hands.
    Men who crave power, look back on all their mistakes, pile them all together and call it destiny.- Sorceress

Good Journey- Eternian saying
    Review of 2002 Image comics Masters of the universe Vol 1 #1 of 4: Here
    Trodorne's Masters Of The Universe Heroclix board. Here.
    Masters Of the Universe Heroclix Custom Dials. Here

oh we gotta have Mer Man...man!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

ummm...'cos it's MER-MAN!!
    he's a staple!!
    just like beast-man , trap jaw and tri klops.
    they better all be in there!
    AWESOME TRADERS:
    Sammy Banderas/jcb1973/Troy-Klops/Mystical musician/Daviono1089

MY .ORG FEEDBACK

MY EBAY FEEDBACK

"I Do hope you don't bruise easily He-Man!"
    ~Stevetor~

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I think for the film to succeed it needs to be built around a great story. Trying to build a story around a huge ensemble cast could only end in disappointment. I voted yes simply because I love Mer-Man but if it would add unnecessary baggage to the story I'd just as quickly say no. It would be cool if the story involved our heroes crossing a sea or some other scenario where he really had a chance to shine. If he was just one of Skeletor's lackeys that just happened to be a merman with no real purpose I'd see it as a detriment to the story. For example a showdown with Mer-Man in the desert would be absurdly stupid. Likewise I don't want to see a set piece that was clearly built to shoehorn an extra character into the story.

Of course good old Mer-man should be in the new M.O.T.U film. He is one of those original and memorable goons of Skeletor.

Here is the order in evil warriors at my point of view:
    1. Skeletor
    2. Evil-Lyn
    3. Beastman, Mer-man, Trap-jaw, Tri-klops, Faker, Kobra Khan etc.

Hey Everyone,

I voted yes, because Mer-Man is nearly always portrayed as a core Evil Warrior serving Skeletor. This maybe because he was an early release in the vintage line, but Mer-Man seems to often be in Skeletor's initial band of warriors. I really hope he is in the film possibly in some under water scene.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

Hey, he's one of Skeletor's primary henchies, and you just can't have a scene near a body of water without the oceanic warlord!