View Poll Results: Should MER MAN be in the new movie

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! (please state why)

161 97.58%
  • no (please state why)

4 2.42%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should MER MAN be in the new movie..

Heroic Warrior corytheguitarhero's Avatar

Should MER MAN be in the new movie..

I think that it would suck if he's not.. Mer Man is a must..

What do you think?

I'll admit, I just voted YES! because Merman has been a long time favorite of mine for MotU.
    I felt jipped that he wasn't in the '87 movie.
    I'll feel jipped if he's not in this one.

But of course, he should only be there if it makes sense for the story.

Still, even if he's just a background cronnie of Skeletor's that we don't see much of, that'd be okay too.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Sure. An underwater "Creature from the black lagoon" type creature like him, makes for a great visual.

I can just immagine him coming up out of a muddy water-hole in Snake Mountain in the beginning of the film, when Skelly gathers around all of his underlings.

Fright Zone (Etheria): Prisoner of the Horde
    Of course! Mer-Man, Trap Jaw, Triklops and Evil Lyn are the basic villains along with Skeletor. They all have to be in the movie!
    If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
    Socrates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    A.Einstein

Mer Man is my favourite Evil Warrior, so I hope he does show up. A fish person wouldnt be too hard to do I wouldnt think...

I think he's a great character and would look amazing on screen! I really hope he's in it!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by Wacky Martin View Post
    Mer Man is my favourite Evil Warrior, so I hope he does show up. A fish person wouldnt be too hard to do I wouldnt think...
    yep see pirates of the caribbean 2 and 3, they can do fish folk REALLY well in this day and age. that being said GIVE ME MER MAN!!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidliz View Post
    Of course! Mer-Man, Trap Jaw, Triklops and Evil Lyn are the basic villains along with Skeletor. They all have to be in the movie!
    You forgot Beastman

As for Mer Man, I only want to see him in the movie if there's a scene that involves water, whether it be an ocean or a lake. There's really no option on the poll for "yes, but only under special circumstances" so I'll skip voting.

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    I voted Yes. Mer Man HAS to be in this movie!! He was one of the 1st two villians in the toy line, along side Beastman,(actually, in both toys lines...wierd) and in my opinion, he's always been cooler than the other guys. Really, when I was a kid, I always loved him the best of all the side kick villians. He was awesome. I know his sculpt gets alot of grief, but I always thought he looked awesome anyway. It never bothered me that he didn't look like the back of the package. Never. He was justy cool. and if they can translate that into a live action movie, he'll be be the coolest of the villians there too. Live action Mer Man... There Better Be!!!!

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    I don't even know anything about the new movie or if I should get excited or not (sometimes I'm nervous and pessimistic/doubtful of "revisitations" of classic things from my childhood), but yeah, IMO he should definitely be in the film, because he was in MOTU from the very start. And a water scene or two for him would be awesome.
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Absolutely. I can imagine a scene where He-Man has to cross a large body of water to get to a mystical island or something. He would encounter dangerous creatures including Mer-Man, who also unknowingly helps He-Man in his quest.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Co-Creator of the NV
    I'd like to see him in a second movie.

The way I would like the movies to unfold, the second movie the main nemesis will be the snakemen. But I don't think they can carry a movie on their own, so I would use Skeletor in a subplot. Basically, the surviving forces of Skeletor from the first movie *Skeletor, Beastman and Evil Lyn* would be looking for some sort of power source *maybe a special amulet, or wand, etc* and part of their search would take them into the depths of the Eternian oceans, which is where Merman, "the Master of the Seas", would come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    You forgot Beastman
    oh yes, the funny thing is that I had him in mind..

There's really no option on the poll for "yes, but only under special circumstances" so I'll skip voting.
    Tisk tisk... so demanding....
    If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
    Socrates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A.Einstein

Co-Creator of the NV
    oh yes, the funny thing is that I had him in mind..

Tisk tisk... so demanding....
    Oh you know it. Now fetch me my coffee!!! *cracks whip*

*comes back with red mark on face, that is very similarly shaped to Liz's hand*

... or maybe i'll get liz that coffee.

He's part of the property...
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

For me the movie has to have the original 8-Back plus the few characters that came after, ie: Ram-man, Man-E-Faces, Trap-Jaw, Tri-Klops and Evil Lyn!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    For me the movie has to have the original 8-Back plus the few characters that came after, ie: Ram-man, Man-E-Faces, Trap-Jaw, Tri-Klops and Evil Lyn!
    Who are the original 8?
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    Who are the original 8?
    I think He-Man, Skeletor, Mer-Man, Beast Man, Stratos, Zodac, Teela and Man-At-Arms.

Stratos? Zodac?? Interesting...the series sure started out making you think there were more originals, and not including those two.

Heroic Warrior SERPOSsSerpentina's Avatar
    Snake Mountain, or maybe in your basement! Or Behind your back when you are not looking! YAAHAHAHAHAA.
    Oh yes. Of course. Most definitely! It just wouldn't be the same without him.
    ALL HAIL SERPOS!
    THE SNAKEMEN WILL RISE AGAIN!

SSSSSSSSNAKEYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Why not have Mer Man in the new movie? He is one of the original 8 characters, after all. MOTU would not be the same without him.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

Oh you know it. Now fetch me my coffee!!! *cracks whip*

*comes back with red mark on face, that is very similarly shaped to Liz's hand*

... or maybe i'll get liz that coffee.

*Gives you back your whip broken to pieces*
    Yes, and make it snappy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    Who are the original 8?
    I think He-Man, Skeletor, Mer-Man, Beast Man, Stratos, Zodac, Teela and Man-At-Arms.
    I thought it would be something more like..: He-Man, Teela, MAA, Skeletor, Beastman, Mer Man, Trap Jaw, Evil Lyn.
    Perhaps there is someone who can help us with that?
    Socrates

A.Einstein

Co-Creator of the NV
    I thought it would be something more like..: He-Man, Teela, MAA, Skeletor, Beastman, Mer Man, Trap Jaw, Evil Lyn.
    Perhaps there is someone who can help us with that?
    Actually, my guess is based on what the first series of figures was according to this: http://he-man.org/primary_sects/toys...motucl_i.shtml

Trap Jaw and Evil Lyn seem to have come out in the second wave of figures.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Mer-Man would be cool if he was an independent villan who still answers to Skeletor. An Ocean warlord who has sea creatures fighting under him. I wouldn't like him to be included if he was bumbling and incompetent.

Evil fears the Knight mattnotis's Avatar
    Of course he should! He's been part of MOTU history since the beginning and it'd be a damn shame not to include him.
    Wabawalawoo!!!