View Poll Results: Should MER MAN be in the new movie

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! (please state why)

161 97.58%
  • no (please state why)

4 2.42%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should MER MAN be in the new movie..

NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Wow, cool...thanks ICEMAN.
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Yes! And he should be an independent evil sea creature with a whole following of lesser water creatures under his rule. In the movie, he would work for Skeletor realising that Skeletor is more powerfull but should maintain relative sovereinty under the sea.

Can't see why not!

Because Eternia has an Ocean.... and several seas. Though Merman shouldnt necessarily play a major role in the movie.
    How do you like that, hero!

Should Aquaman be in the new Justice League movie?

if so, then yes

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Someone voted "no"?!

Arrrrgh! This is like "The Death of Balder" in the Norse myths, only MOTU-style...*sigh*...(curse you, Loki!)
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Of course Mer-man should be in it. He's one of the more famous villains of the series...i.e. if you ask non-fans who the villains are, his name is likely to come up.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Of course. I'd like all of the original (ie. first two wave) characters to put in some sort of appearance.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Definitely, he's a classic henchman and is generally well know. My wife (who isnt a real fan) remembers him alongside Evil Lyn and Beastman but has no recollection of guys like Trapjaw of Clawful, etc, etc.

YES. Because he is one the OG villains and I just LOVE that gurgly-voice of his!!
    – No comment.

Anyone that doubts his popularity and significance...wasn't he the first of the Neca busts sculpted for the 200X re-launch ?
    OG villain, definitely. He was the Neptune/Poseidon character from back in the day when MOTU had some mythological elements and he was the Evil Master of his domain.
    ...and I'm spent...

Mandola [my band!]

Yes, outside the waters or oceans and all that he is not much of a threat unless he is kicking your but with his coral sword or trident. in the ocean he will rule you. with a capital R. being able to control fierce monsters of the deep to suit his purpose to suit his own needs. all things under water are all jim dandy until that giant winged whale piranha just came out of no where and bit your arm off. he is Skeletors element of the sea. do not let him slip by like a bar of soap in someones hands.
    Men who crave power, look back on all their mistakes, pile them all together and call it destiny.- Sorceress

Good Journey- Eternian saying
    Review of 2002 Image comics Masters of the universe Vol 1 #1 of 4: Here
    Trodorne's Masters Of The Universe Heroclix board. Here.
    Masters Of the Universe Heroclix Custom Dials. Here

oh we gotta have Mer Man...man!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Mer-Man would be cool if he was an independent villan who still answers to Skeletor. An Ocean warlord who has sea creatures fighting under him. I wouldn't like him to be included if he was bumbling and incompetent.
    I totally agree, it's reinventing the property in a good and smart way.

Heroic Warrior Savage Beast Man's Avatar
    The bumbling and incompetant henchman thing needs to be done away with in the film.
    In the jungles of Eternia you must beware, or you'll fall into the claws of the Savage Beast Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Beast Man View Post
    The bumbling and incompetant henchman thing needs to be done away with in the film.
    100% agreed
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Mer Man definitely should be in the movie - including him allows for a water fight It also would just be cool to see him and how they would create him - special effects-wise
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Mer Man definitely should be in the movie - including him allows for a water fight It also would just be cool to see him and how they would create him - special effects-wise
    I hope in the lines of the fishman from Hellboy Sabe??? He looked very cool and realistic. Offcourse Mer-man should look really evil and realistic.

I love all the MOTU baddies and Mer Man is one of the top. It would be great to have a subplot involving his underwater base aswell as a battle undersea.

ummm...'cos it's MER-MAN!!
    he's a staple!!
    just like beast-man , trap jaw and tri klops.
    they better all be in there!
    AWESOME TRADERS:
    Sammy Banderas/jcb1973/Troy-Klops/Mystical musician/Daviono1089

MY .ORG FEEDBACK

MY EBAY FEEDBACK

"I Do hope you don't bruise easily He-Man!"
    ~Stevetor~

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I think for the film to succeed it needs to be built around a great story. Trying to build a story around a huge ensemble cast could only end in disappointment. I voted yes simply because I love Mer-Man but if it would add unnecessary baggage to the story I'd just as quickly say no. It would be cool if the story involved our heroes crossing a sea or some other scenario where he really had a chance to shine. If he was just one of Skeletor's lackeys that just happened to be a merman with no real purpose I'd see it as a detriment to the story. For example a showdown with Mer-Man in the desert would be absurdly stupid. Likewise I don't want to see a set piece that was clearly built to shoehorn an extra character into the story.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Heroic Warrior
    Yes he should and hopefully he won't be like he was in the MYP version of He-Man. Because he was more or less Waspinator in that series.

"Waspinator"?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

oh and did I say

YES
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery