View Poll Results: Should MER MAN be in the new movie

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! (please state why)

161 97.58%
  • no (please state why)

4 2.42%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should MER MAN be in the new movie..

Heroic Warrior
    I really do want to see Merman in movie, and how his done with GGI or some other way.

i say yes, because the first motu film had beastman, evillyn, skeletor and.... no one else from the cannon. the new film MUST have merman, beastman, triklops and trapjaw. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Widget
    Yeah, Mer Man should be in the movie. He was one of the Skeletor's original goons.

Court Magician
    they should cross him with the suit making skills used to make gill-man in the monster squad movie with a subtle hint of the sea creature pirates from the disney pirate movies.
    great sellers on these forums: racerx

Of course good old Mer-man should be in the new M.O.T.U film. He is one of those original and memorable goons of Skeletor.

Here is the order in evil warriors at my point of view:
    1. Skeletor
    2. Evil-Lyn
    3. Beastman, Mer-man, Trap-jaw, Tri-klops, Faker, Kobra Khan etc.

Yes, I'd love to see him in the new movies. He's one of my favorite villains.

Absolutely. As long as he is not some boob. I'd want him making short work of a foot patrol of Royal Guards, slicing & dicing and dragging them into a swampy grave.

Ever see The Monster Squad? I envision my Mer-Man as a cross between the creature in that movie and Abe Sapien from Hellboy.

A slippery, terrifying and impressive as Monster Squad's fishy fiend (ala make up, animatronics) and with a good actor (ala the guy in Hellboy) underneath the latex.

I just hope this time around, the bad guys talk. Beast Man, MerMan, etc. need to talk...not just be "grown animals."

I voted yes. (And I hope he has a gargly sounding voice))

(Davy Jones' voice, minus the pirate-talk, is perfect IMHO)

He's one of the original core characters, and my favorite. He has to be in there!!!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Hey Everyone,

I voted yes, because Mer-Man is nearly always portrayed as a core Evil Warrior serving Skeletor. This maybe because he was an early release in the vintage line, but Mer-Man seems to often be in Skeletor's initial band of warriors. I really hope he is in the film possibly in some under water scene.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

Court Magician Raider of Shadows's Avatar
    Sure, I guess. He seems like a viable choice for a villian in the movie so it seems like a good reason to have him in there with the other evil warriors.
    -Finding Nemo Auditions-
    Hordak of Despondos reading for the part of Dori the Fish, Take 1:

*AHEM* I shall call him squishy and he...will be MINE!

Co-Creator of the NV
    As I've said before, I believe that his inclusion should only occur if the plot that they are going with is appropriate for him. Mer-Man should not be in the movie if there isn't a water scene to go with it. The other evil warriors work just fine on different terrains like the desert, forests, mountains, etc, but IMO Merman does not and he needs to be in a water or swamp scene, or at the very least some sort of underground river under snakemountain. If the story that they want to tell includes that sort of location, then by all means he should be in there. But if that sort of location is not part of the story, he shouldn't be stuck into it just because he was on the 8-backs. MOTU won't work if they're trying to stick people in for the sake of sticking them in. They need to have a reason a purpose to be there, as part of a solid overall story, otherwise the movie will just fall apart. In the case of Merman, that means not sticking him into a situation where it makes no sense for him to be present (e.g. no water scenes) or sticking a water scene in to allow for his presence because that would disturb the flow of the movie.

If he doesn't make the cut in the first movie and it does well, then there will be other movies and I am fairly sure he'll make it in one of those.

Heroic Warrior
    he is a must....just please do him right, he has not to seem too fake, otherwhise he can be ridiculous

Agree with Darth Latveria entirely. Bar the obvious ones who the plot will be written around, all characters should be chosen based on the plot and situation.

There's plenty to choose from, so no need to shoehorn people in there for token appearances.

The last thing we want is another Mortal Kombat Annihilation! (Granted, trying to get every character ever created in there was the least of that films faults, but you see my point I'm sure!)

Yes! He's an original, so he must be in the first movie!
    No sacrifice is for nothing, if it helps other people. - He-Man
    Episode: Eye of the beholder

Market place feedback:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ht=mosquitor87

Member of the Arizona Mazters!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I think Mer Man could totally work in the movie. Done right, he could be made into a completely fearsome and believable threat.

Hey, he's one of Skeletor's primary henchies, and you just can't have a scene near a body of water without the oceanic warlord!

I voted yes, because Iīve got to say Mer-man is one of my favourites, but I think he should only appear if it was supposed to given the story of the movie.
    What I donīt want is that any of Skeletorīs minions be like in the filmation cartoon just incompetent fools.
    I donīt want the villains to be treated as a minor concern.
    What makes a good hero is a fearsome villain.

Absolutely yes.
    All 8-back have to be in the movie in my opinion.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Ocean/seafaring heroes and villains are notoriously hard to fit into a storyline unless they're specific to the plot.

Aquaman - DC
    Seaspray - Transformers
    Gordon Tracey and Thunderbird 4 - Thunderbirds
    Max Ray - Centurions
    Glora Baker and Shark - M.A.S.K
    Dive Dive - Gobots (funny thing is, the episode he's in is about his lack of use lol)

to name but a few :-(

Oops i didn't actually mention any villains but when was the last time Superman cared what the Black Manta was upto.
    Last edited by Coptur; October 1, 2009 at 05:43am.

Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    Ocean/seafaring heroes and villains are notoriously hard to fit into a storyline unless they're specific to the plot.

Aquaman - DC
    Seaspray - Transformers
    Gordon Tracey and Thunderbird 4 - Thunderbirds
    Max Ray - Centurions
    Glora Baker and Shark - M.A.S.K
    Dive Dive - Gobots (funny thing is the episode he's in is about his lack of use lol)

to name but a few :-(
    Unfortunately you're right!
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Yes of course!!

Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    If Mer-Man, Clawful, Trap Jaw and Beastman ARN'T in the new movie, then I'm going to be seriously disappointed. I can leave the rest, but surely these guys "HAVE" to be in the film!

He is one of the core characters and should be included before they make new characters...
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Absolutely! Mer-Man is a must!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!