Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Lost Golden Book story – featuring He-Ro and Eldor! (April Fool's Joke)

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Battle Ram Blog
    Posts
    3,371

    Lost Golden Book story – featuring He-Ro and Eldor! (April Fool's Joke)

    This is a pretty incredible find. Check it out!

    https://battleram.wordpress.com/2017...-ro-and-eldor/

  2. #2
    Heroic Instruct-Or He-Mun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Posts
    158
    That is awesome Thanks for sharing!!


    Travel down the Rabbit Hole into my take on the Eternian Mythos:

    Direct link to the Google Slides - https://goo.gl/0DJy5p

    Link to my Thread in the Fan Fiction Forums - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...e-MOTU-Mythos)

  3. #3
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    69
    Amazing! Did you win the auction? Very cool collectible!

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Battle Ram Blog
    Posts
    3,371
    Happy April Fool's Day! This was actually made by Jukka Issakainen

  5. #5
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    33,845
    Fantastic piece!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!


  6. #6
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Happy April Fool's Day! This was actually made by Jukka Issakainen
    ARGH I FELL FOR IT!

    Man I'd gone the whole day without falling for a silly lie. I never suspected the .org would get me!

  7. #7
    LittleSpinny TOKYONEVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Funky France
    Posts
    2,323
    Great Job!

  8. #8
    2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Jukka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    13,592
    Hope everyone liked it. For better or worse.

    I don't fully know if it fooled all that many. Couple fans have confessed. So I take it as a compliment.

    Lich Leech didn't originally have any April Fools plans, but was gracious enough to lend me the spot after I kept hassling him for suggestions on what could be done. The page-spread was always intended just that. Lot of mimicking art from Golden Book stories to make it look "real enough". So those who are familiar with their Golden Books, can propably detect poses here and there.

    And one more note. If I were to make an actual Golden Book story for POG and He-Ro in Preternia, it would be different. So I might not even be able to use the work done here. (though couple fans also confessed wanting an actual story for He-Ro and Eldor, haha)

    You can see the left side of the page-spread better at James Eatock's instagram.


    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

    · ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

  9. #9
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    69
    Oh man that looks EXACTLY like the lame old golden book art. Nicely done.

    Actually the large hardcover Golden books had much better art and better stories. AFAIK one of those was the first in-depth look at the origins of Skeletor as Hordak's former apprentice.

  10. #10
    2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Jukka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    13,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Oh man that looks EXACTLY like the lame old golden book art. Nicely done.
    Thanks.
    Was lot of fun.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

    · ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

  11. #11
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    33,845
    You did great work, sir.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!


  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior McHorde-Trooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    McEarth
    Posts
    3,274
    It did fool me until I read April fools. Though in the back of my head I was thinking it was surprising they got that far in development.

    We are lucky your a good fan Jukka, you could probably produce a lot of stuff that could trick people out of there money.

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior He-bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Hope everyone liked it. For better or worse.

    I don't fully know if it fooled all that many. Couple fans have confessed. So I take it as a compliment.

    Lich Leech didn't originally have any April Fools plans, but was gracious enough to lend me the spot after I kept hassling him for suggestions on what could be done. The page-spread was always intended just that. Lot of mimicking art from Golden Book stories to make it look "real enough". So those who are familiar with their Golden Books, can propably detect poses here and there.

    And one more note. If I were to make an actual Golden Book story for POG and He-Ro in Preternia, it would be different. So I might not even be able to use the work done here. (though couple fans also confessed wanting an actual story for He-Ro and Eldor, haha)

    You can see the left side of the page-spread better at James Eatock's instagram.


    https://scontent-arn2-1.cdninstagram...30142464_n.jpg
    You tricked me old friend!!!!!!

  14. #14
    Heroic Instruct-Or He-Mun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Posts
    158
    Ya got me! Well done


    Travel down the Rabbit Hole into my take on the Eternian Mythos:

    Direct link to the Google Slides - https://goo.gl/0DJy5p

    Link to my Thread in the Fan Fiction Forums - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...e-MOTU-Mythos)

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior BrianCBaer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    225
    This is so cool... I'd love to see you finish the whole thing!

  16. #16
    2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Jukka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    13,592
    Quote Originally Posted by McHorde-Trooper View Post
    We are lucky your a good fan Jukka, you could probably produce a lot of stuff that could trick people out of there money.
    I propably need one day to collect all my April Fools-ideas into some blog-text. Many times I didn't get to finish them adequately or I scrapped them because I kept trying to make them as honed as possible. Couple ideas have been about trying to fool people of something "recently uncovered" things.
    Though funny enough, years ago I talked with James Eatock about making a fake "Filmation He-Man Book" for April Fools. And now it is actual reality thanks to Dark Horse

    Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    You tricked me old friend!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Mun View Post
    Ya got me! Well done
    Thanks for letting me know. Warms the heart to know I fooled ya.

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianCBaer View Post
    This is so cool... I'd love to see you finish the whole thing!
    I'd love to tackle a "He-Ro and POG: Preternia" story. Especially in this Golden Book story fashion it might be fun.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

    · ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •