Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: How to repair MOTU action figures broken legs?

Quote Originally Posted by dchimpy View Post
    Does the He-Bro method work for fixing loose legs on a Teela figure? I'd take to take her apart only to realize the construction is different.
    I don't know, but I'd guess it's the same only smaller. Might need to use smaller screws

I've tried the o-rings fix myself and found that the hardest part was threading the ring through the hole. I finish one leg and get the eye hook and o-ring attached correctly. Then I use a length of wire to guide the ring through and then catch it using a small screw driver like this one:
    800-040.jpg

After that, I connect the other eye ring to the ring, and then screw the other leg onto the ring, not screw the ring into the leg. That works really well for me, and so far I have fixed three figures this way.
    - I've got my corn sword, I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by dchimpy View Post
    Does the He-Bro method work for fixing loose legs on a Teela figure? I'd take to take her apart only to realize the construction is different.
    I've never fixed Teela, but I used it on Evil Lynn, and yes just get smaller parts.

Can Vintage He-man leg rubberbands be replaced?

I have a vintage MOTU figure that I would like to know if there is someone on this forum that can replace/fix leg rubberbands? The figures legs are very loose and was wondering if replacing it would make it better for the toy to stand?

Thanks.

You can replace them but you need a figure to take a good band from. Or you can do the eye screw method.
    Is not not licking toads

This is my favorite method. It's easy after you try it a time or two:

http://he-man.us/Innovations/BrokenLegs.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    This is my favorite method. It's easy after you try it a time or two:

http://he-man.us/Innovations/BrokenLegs.html
    Definitely the easier way and easy to do! I only change out the bands if I have a crappy figure that will donate their band.
    Is not not licking toads

Court Magician

My method to repair broken/torn legs on vintage figures. Your experience?

My method to repair broken/torn legs on vintage figures. Your experience?

I cultivated my method (see video) to repair my vintage figures legs. I mean they older they get, the more "wobbly" they get and most of theme would not stand (I made the experience that the Southern-Europe-produced figures would break way quicker). With every figure, it is a bit of a challenge as "dimensions" vary.

What's your experience on that and do you have another method to repair the legs (glue them does not count as 'repairing' ;-))?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMsIOrbNGuo

Last edited by wolfstor286; January 7, 2017 at 12:02pm.

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Our own He-Bro made a video YEARS ago for this...

http://he-man.us/2011_figurefixit/figurefixit.html

This concerns Commemorative legs- I don't like the half boots they painted on comm Skeletor. Since finding either a vintage or Dragon Blaster in nice mint shape will cost a fortune, it'd save me money if I could just switch over the legs from the Battle Armor Skeletor I don't plan to keep. But comm legs use a different band and have different sockets. I'd need a much smaller screw eye to deal with that. Is there any way I can pull the band out of one of the leg sockets for a proper swap?

Court Magician
    Did a short video on how I repair my MotU figures...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMsIOrbNGuo&t=1s

Be careful when screwing into Rio Blast's legs, if you don't want to punch into the hollow spots. I completely failed to think about this. But since I don't display with the guns deployed anyway I can live with it, others might not though.

For Teela & Evil Lyn, consider those smaller o-rings used for the year 2000-2006 GI Joes, they're smaller than the old 80s Joe rings.

eBay seller penske40 has the proper o-rings in volumes of 100. $4.69 for the standard Joe size, which is what's needed for MOTU legs. $4.39 for the smaller size which probably work for the 3 female figures. Those quantities should last a long time, unless you're a seller who regularly repairs figures in large number. I don't see a normal collector needing even 100 of them but these prices are low.

Lowe's has Hillman screw eyes #214 in a box of 40 for under $3.50, they're better than the #212 as they fit into the round leg socket opening a bit better. #216 looked a bit small to me to work with reliably.

Just want to say thanks to folks in this thread--I successfully repaired my childhood Rattlor (his legs were real loose and they literally just fell off the other day). My son's He-man has loose-ish legs and I could see them going at some point, so it's good to know I can fix it.
    I'm basically the dad in the old commercials.

Widget
    Number 11 o rings two of them and the two eye screws work for the male figures the female figures take smaller eye hooks and a Gi joe sized o ring check out toy pollois video on you tube I know this thread has been on here for awhile just wanted to throw it out there that this method works and is easy enough to get the materials and fix without damaging your figures