View Poll Results: Poll for the next character:

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lightspinner ( Shadow weaver before she became evil)

33 34.38%
  • LooKee

7 7.29%
  • Scrollos ( UK comic character, watches all Eternia and records all)

13 13.54%
  • Castaspella

39 40.63%
  • Masterblaster ( From UK comic, space-cowboy)

4 4.17%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Redesign Challenge #77 - Shokoti

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar

Redesign Challenge #77 - Shokoti

Yes, next up is something of an obscure, but also culty, character.

SHOKOTI - The mistress of the ancient Temple Shokoti has vast magical abilities, so vast that she came within a hair's breadth from defeating He-man once and for all.

She only appeared in two episodes of the Filmation-series, ( House of Shokoti 1&2) but it was quite enough to establish the character.

Quote Originally Posted by From Wiki
    Shokoti is an extremely powerful undead sorceress who resides in the Sands of Time. She only appears once in the entire Masters of the Universe cartoon series, but is worthy of mentioning due to the fact that she nearly defeats He-Man. She has a rather demonic appearance, with a horned headdress, jet-black hair, pale bluish skin and black, lifeless eyes. The only episode of her appearance, "The House of Shokoti, part 2" is considered one of the darkest episodes in the series.
    Episode info:
    http://www.he-man.org/cartoon/episod...deNumber=MU040
    http://www.he-man.org/cartoon/episod...deNumber=MU041

Image-reference:

All people who choose to participate will have two weeks to come up with a redesign for Shokoti. You can use any medium you wish. You can sketch, paint make a 3-D model, make a sprite, make a custom action figure, whatever you want. Its entirely up to you!

As well, you don't have to force yourself to make your design conform to the new or old cartoon or comic book's style. Be as drastic in your redesign as you see fit. Whatever makes you happy.

If you can't think of a new design, or just hate the idea of working on this character, you do not have to feel obligated to participate in this particular challenge. You will still be free to participate in any future challenges you wish.
    Last edited by Predabot; October 13, 2007 at 11:25am.

Sounds like a fun challenge. The good news is that I finished my version, but I won't be able to post it until Monday since the only scanners I can get access to are at college I go to and it won't be open until Monday.

Widget
    Yes Finally what I been waiting to see. I love this character and I cant wait to see the different takes on her by the wonderful artist on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaoi HuntressE View Post
    Sounds like a fun challenge. The good news is that I finished my version, but I won't be able to post it until Monday since the only scanners I can get access to are at college I go to and it won't be open until Monday.
    Aw, that's no problem. That's just one day away! Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by hordark View Post
    Yes Finally what I been waiting to see. I love this character and I cant wait to see the different takes on her by the wonderful artist on this board.
    Yeah, hopefully we'll have a good turnout, and you'll have hit the jackpot!

My Shokoti has 2 action features: she can wrap around enemies with her cloak/neckcloth and she has mirror with hologram sticker. Her skin color was supposed to be more like Keldor/Kronis but I didn't have light blue pen and I was too lazy with computer.
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

Quote Originally Posted by Monikasvo View Post
    My Shokoti has 2 action features: she can wrap around enemies with her cloak/neckcloth and she has mirror with hologram sticker. /MonniNaamanen/shokoti.jpg?t=1192385028[/IMG]
    The scarf is interesting, but I'm curious, what powers does the mirror have?
    I'm a deviant: yaoi-huntress-earth.deviantart.com

Cool stuff dude! And yeah, I'm curious about the mirror too. Btw, do you want me to make some adjustments to her skin-tone or such? I'm free for it, since it doesn't take long at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Monikasvo View Post
    My Shokoti has 2 action features: she can wrap around enemies with her cloak/neckcloth and she has mirror with hologram sticker. Her skin color was supposed to be more like Keldor/Kronis but I didn't have light blue pen and I was too lazy with computer.

Here's my entry.
    My Take: The idea I have for her is that since there plenty of spellcasters in the new series and she's undead, why not make her an ancient vampire who was sealed away by King Randor during The Great Unrest until some kid accidently releases her. A cold, calculating woman, Shokoti knows that she will simply outlive Randor but has no qualms about using his son, Adam, against him.

Powers:
    -Domination: By making direct eye-contact, Shokoti can turn the victim into her willing slave.
    -Alternate forms: Can shift between bat, mist, and human forms.
    -Nercomancy: Shokoti can animate and control any corpse in the vicinity.
    -Scythe: Shokoti's duel-headed scythe can be launched and return to her like a boomerang.
    Last edited by Yaoi HuntressE; October 16, 2007 at 12:05am.

Servant of Skeletor StarBlazerM31's Avatar
    Holy cow, I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with here! Shokoti is so freaking awesome.

Here's mine - I dont know how to post a pic straight onto my post!

There's no better way to wish He-Man.org a
    HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
    Than to play in this particular redesign challenge!
    I come back from the dead to post this... and now I return to the realm of Shokoti, and disapear again from the Fan Art scene...

Enjoy.

A spooky fact about this piece... I normally work in Painter and Photoshop... However this time, Shokoti was completely painted in Photoshop.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
    I come back from the dead to post this... and now I return to the realm of Shokoti, and disapear again from the Fan Art scene...

Enjoy.

A spooky fact about this piece... I normally work in Painter and Photoshop... However this time, Shokoti was completely painted in Photoshop.
    Omg amazing pic of Shokoti baena

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Enjoy.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ch/Shokoti.jpg

Holy hannah! Knocked right out of the park, you scary beautiful, hairy man, you!

Cool to see that you gave PS a dust-off for this one. What was it like to have a try at the ol' Shop after so long time away?

Baena... you are crazy... your digital painting is out of this world!

Quote Originally Posted by Yaoi HuntressE View Post
    Here's my entry.
    My Take: The idea I have for her is that since there plenty of spellcasters in the new series and she's undead, why not make her an ancient vampire who was sealed away by King Randor during The Great Unrest until some kid accidently releases her. A cold, calculating woman, Shokoti knows that she will simply outlive Randor but has no qualms about using his son, Adam, against him.
    Hey girl, that looks great! You always have some new different ways of looking at these characters.

By Moomin Papas hairy bum, this is amazing Baena. I know shes undead, but oh yeah Am I a necrophilac?
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    Cool to see that you gave PS a dust-off for this one. What was it like to have a try at the ol' Shop after so long time away?
    Oh it's not like I dusted it off by any means. I work with Photoshop everyday.

It's just that when I paint like this, usually I work most of the rendering and such in Painter. This time I just never left Photoshop. *shrugs*

I don't see that being a trend by any means...
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Enjoy.

Absolutely gorgeous!
    My book "Musings from the Lips of a Dark Rose " is out : http://www.amazon.com/Musings-Lips-D...&redirect=true
    YAYAYAYAY!!!!
    I'm in heaven!!!

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Eeek! Baena's Shokoti is looking through my very soul AAARGH!! Evil and impressive!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Enjoy.

I Can- t-t-t...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
    :
    That is just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    Hey girl, that looks great! You always have some new different ways of looking at these characters.
    Thanks. I just thought the horns would be more interesting if they were part of her, to give her a more demonic apperance (I was inspired by the ladies of Chaos Comics when doing her design).

*** Please no back to back posting.***

Thanks all!
    I do hope there's much much more participation in this redesign though!
    Not to say those who've already submitted aren't good enough, there are some AMAZING origional takes for this character already.

I just want to see MORE!

I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Bearshow come out and play again, and while BBM has like 50,000 other characters to draw, I hope Shokoti is towards the top of that list.
    I know gbagok has a design of her, but I'd be willing to bet he's updated even that great design into something even more amazing, and Pig Boy!!! I'm sure you've got a hankerin' to draw this lovely, deadly blue lass...

I'm calling y'all out!!!

- 2-Bad! - DONE!
    - Alessandra! (12 inch custom Shokoti anyone?)
    - Battle Brak!
    - Bearshow!
    - Bootleg! - DONE!
    - Brad2Dbone! (Yo you got skillz, I seen 'em.)
    - Buffalo-Bill-Man! - DONE!
    - Deimos! (THE Master Painter!)
    - Dr. Omega!
    - Emiliano! (I'm sure you're probably already done.)
    - FourHorsemen! (I can dream)
    - gbagok! - DONE!
    - He-Mike! (What I said to Nightwing!)
    - Horde Monkey!
    - oICEMANo! - DONE!
    - Innershade!
    - Jafari Stew!
    - JVS3! (At least color Emiliano's already.)
    - MossMan710179
    - Nightwing! - DONE!
    - Osgood!
    - Pig Boy!
    - Prime!
    - Royalt1us! (Bring on the Shokoti staction!)
    - SKELEPIMP! (This lady's right up your alley!)
    - Skeletoncrew! (Shokoti classic style cast anyone?)
    - Sllohcin! - DONE!
    - Stratos Macca! (Please? Pretty please?!)
    - super-munkyboy! (LOVE your chibli take!)- DONE!
    - Teela's Boot!
    - Tyree! (Where you been bro?!)

- ZvedaFire! - DONE!
    And all the rest of y'all!!! (Because I'm sure I've forgotten some.)

BRING IT ON!!!

Well, heck, I never really post art here, but I felt like doing a Shokoti that was a little more... outré... I hope everyone likes it; it's meant to be a little alien, a little deep-sea, a little demonic... so without further ado, my re-imagined Shokoti:

Edit: Hmmm... I liked the colors on the first I found them a little bright so here's another version hued down a little darker and earthier...

Last edited by BlueLobster1979; October 16, 2007 at 10:43pm.
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

Called out! Heh.

Baena, I gotta say that your Shokoti is gorgeous! Definitely a very seductive design. LOVE IT!

I did my best to go another route after seeing yours so I decided on strong and "hard" (and even leeched a few "effects" ie. the cobwebs!)

Not sure if I succeeded but here she is

Last edited by Sllohcin; October 17, 2007 at 06:48pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sllohcin View Post
    Called out! Heh.

Baena, I gotta say that your Shokoti is gorgeous! Definitely a very seductive design. LOVE IT!

I did my best to go another route after seeing yours so I decided on strong and "hard".

Not sure if I succeeded but here she is

I like it. The skirt is a little plain, but it's still cool.