View Poll Results: Poll for the next character:

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lightspinner ( Shadow weaver before she became evil)

33 34.38%
  • LooKee

7 7.29%
  • Scrollos ( UK comic character, watches all Eternia and records all)

13 13.54%
  • Castaspella

39 40.63%
  • Masterblaster ( From UK comic, space-cowboy)

4 4.17%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Redesign Challenge #77 - Shokoti

I just want to say thanks for all the nice comments you guys have left me. Obviously I am always in awe of the talent that surrounds us here. This has been a great redesign and I knew I wanted to do it when I saw it posted. Maybe soon I can try a male redesign, that would be a big challenge for me; I'm not used to drawing guys.

I just got a WACOM tablet so maybe I can import this Shokoti and play around with her in the future. I wanted to do that for this but I'm so inexperienced it'd never get done! I'm so inexperienced I don't know if you can import a hand drawn piece! lol. So afraid of the unknown.

Anyway, I ramble. And I STILL can't figure out a favorite!
    Leeloomina´ Lekatariba Lamina-Tcha´ Ekbat De Sebat

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I'm calling y'all out!!!
    - Bootleg!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    I gotta say I can't wait to see Bootleg's take on this character.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bad View Post
    I hope BBM, oIce, bootleg & Bearshow enter their designs as well. I can't wait to see their radical takes on Shokoti.
    Summoned by the mighty triumvirate of Baena, Patreek, and 2-bad, I am unable to resist the call!!! (Thanks for thinking of me guys, I'm flattered! )

This time around, I had a hard time figuring out how to redesign the character while trying not to make changes for change's sake. Plus, everyone's entries are really strong!! (I'll wait to comment on everyone else's entries when the voting thread goes up--right now I'm still soaking it all in) It's quite a sight to behold when the giants of the org all decide to throw their hat in the mix... All in all, I thought a different approach might be necessary:

This cartoony, not-quite chibi style is rather different from what people on the org might be used to seeing from me. I'll be curious to see what everyone thinks.

I changed her name to "Shokutie" for two reasons, 1) to play up the cartoony aspect of this drawing and 2) because I cannot resist a terrible pun. Sorry. I settled on "Wicked Mistress of Hubba Hubba" as her title after rejecting "Villainous Mistress of Va Va Voom" and "Evil Mistress of Honk Honk Awooga."

I'm basically satisfied with the drawing and color choices on this one (i punched up all her colors so they were more saturated and vibrant than the original). The actual rendering however is pretty "meh" (don't even bother trying to identify consistent light sources!) and I wish I had pushed the hair color more towards black rather than blue.

This sketch, obviously, does not fall in my normal series of Masters of the Universe drawings. Although, because of the modified name, I guess she could conceivably be some kind of a slightly super deformed avatar that manifested sentience and became an independent entity, similar but not exactly like the background I came up with for Horduck. Wow, that was a nerdy sentence. Aww, what the heck, here's a profile for the little hottie:

PROFILE: SHOKUTIE (so named by Orko) has the basic abilities and personality of Shokoti, however her power levels are diminished, and her demeanor has an added impish aspect to it. She's still something of a bully, but it appears that Shokutie may be a more innocent version of Shokoti, as she lacks some of the original's more cruel tendencies.

HISTORY: After her defeat at the hands of He-Man, Shokoti attempted to rematerialize herself on the material plane by creating an avatar that contained a fraction of her power. The avatar was able to bring about Shokoti's return, but in the process, apparently became autonomous. When Shokoti tried reabsorbing Shokutie against her will, Orko (who had somewhat befriended her), casted a mirror spell, attempting to deflect Shokoti's magic. As could be expected, Orko botched the spell, but it had an unexpected affect--Shokoti was able to reabsorb an equivalent amount of magic so that her soul and magic ability were rendered whole once more, and yet Shokutie was able to continue existing, free from the power of her originator. Still somewhat weakened, Shokoti retreated, vowing vengeance on He-Man and his allies, as well as her diminuitive doppleganger. Orko attempted to convince Shokutie to join the side of good, but she was still struggling with her newfound freedom and possibly evil nature. She was allowed to go free, and was last seen on Etheria, playing pranks on Horduck.

So, I guess that means that this is part of my regular series of He-Man pics. I also have a "standard" version Shokoti that I also drew up (that one sticks pretty close to the original costume), and will be posting sometime in the future (not in time for this contest though).
    Visit my sketchblog at its new URL: JASONBOT.com!

Wicked mistress of HUBBA HUBBA is right!!!

There's just sooooo much to love about this one. Way to go Bootleg!

Love the re-naming too... very on par with the episode as Ramman never said her name right.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Some interesting stuff coming out here!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I was expecting something out of the hat from you, bootleg & you never fail to impress as always. Love the version. Very sylized yet so cool.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Amazing version of shokoti bootleg, i love the colors u used. Well i didnt expected anything less from u my friend.
    Last edited by Galvatron; October 29, 2007 at 03:01pm.
    http://galvatronartstuff.blogspot.com/

Check My Fan Characters
    -------------------------------------------
    Press here to see Houndor
    Press here to see Aetheron

Baena: thank you sir, i really appreciate it! and i totally forgot about the ram man thing, but it makes perfect sense now that you mention it!

2-bad: thank you, that means a lot coming from you!

Galvatron: thank you so much!

Heroic Warrior Buffalo-Bill-Man's Avatar
    Man,
    There is some really good stuff going on in this thread. It's always nice to see so many enter in these challenges.
    I know I love seeing all the different versions and styles.

I had to rush mine a little. If I can find a few minutes I'll try to get a better one in at the last minute, but just incase I can't I'm entering this one anyway.

I added some of her creatures and the Mask that is Masque. So much about Shokoti to me is her whole strange lare and creatures. I had to include a few, even if just as accesories.

BBM-

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo-Bill-Man View Post
    Man,
    There is some really good stuff going on in this thread. It's always nice to see so many enter in these challenges.

I had to rush mine a little. If I can find a few minutes I'll try to get a better one in at the last minute, but just incase I can't I'm entering this one anyway.

I added some of her creatures and the Mask that is Masque. So much about Shokoti to me is her whole strange lare and creatures. I had to include a few, even if just as accesories.

BBM-
    Im speechless
    http://galvatronartstuff.blogspot.com/

Check My Fan Characters
    -------------------------------------------
    Press here to see Houndor
    Press here to see Aetheron

Movie mayhem!
    MMMMMMMmmmmmm PERTY @ Bootleg and BBM!

Bootleg: I like the new style you used for her, she looks wonderful. Lover her tag line as well

BBM: well naturally a stunning work by you. I love her little creatures and the beetles on her knees.

When is the last day to enter for this by the way... i'm thining I need to draw something up tonight.

Tomorrow's Halloween! So get the drawings in quick!

BBM! Aaaaabaabababaaah guaaaghbabourrraaaamaba gou!

Somehow I knew you'd add in some accessories! And you didn't disappoint in the slightest!!! LOVE it!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Man,

BBM-
    If you want to design the HIDEOUS creature she intends to summon to destroy all of Eternia so she can live again and rule the remains, then I might make an extension here! How much time do you think we need? We kind of need to hit the Halloween or there around limit, to get the board into the right mood, but I wager a day or so we could certainly spare.

PS: Nice knee-guards. ^^ And them there horns. And them there hips...'n them there luv'able eyes...
    Last edited by Predabot; October 30, 2007 at 04:41pm.

Very cool BBM!!
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy View Post
    Very cool BBM!!
    Ahem... And... Where's your Mr. Extremist?

My dog ate it!
    www.eamonart.com

*sigh*

You know, I bet if they were doing a one shot movie of Shokoti we'd get one!!!

I love to get involved in these things but I just have a crazy amount of work on right now!
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by bootleg View Post

Dude, this is fantastic. She's kinda... I dunno who I'm thinking about, reminds me of someone. Its a nice style though, you should do more characters like this.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

i dont think i will be able to finish mine, i just got off work, had a 7 day work week and im ready to sleep. does the contest end at 10/31 12:01am sharp or at the end of 12/31? if its sooner than later, i will just enter what i have done so far. sorry guys

edit: if this makes it, here is what i have completed as a bust
    Last edited by ZvedaFire; October 31, 2007 at 02:28am.

Even though you say it's rushed, I really like it.
    I'm a deviant: yaoi-huntress-earth.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by ZvedaFire View Post
    i dont think i will be able to finish mine, i just got off work, had a 7 day work week and im ready to sleep. does the contest end at 10/31 12:01am sharp or at the end of 12/31? if its sooner than later, i will just enter what i have done so far. sorry guys

Oh, that looks great! If you hadn't revealed the original plan to draw the full figure, I would have assumed it was complete as a bust...
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy View Post
    My dog ate it!
    ...and now he's running around my place!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Bootleg: I like the new style you used for her, she looks wonderful. Lover her tag line as well
    thanks! i'm glad you like the tagline too... i wasn't sure if people were gonna 'get it' or not.

Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    Dude, this is fantastic. She's kinda... I dunno who I'm thinking about, reminds me of someone. Its a nice style though, you should do more characters like this.
    thanks man! maybe she reminds you of lucy pinder? heh... just kidding--to be honest the only 'person' i was thinking of when i drew this was maybe betty rubble... you can see a bit of that in her nose and lips.

Man,

BBM-

I don't think any words can describe how Amazing this pic is BBM. O love everything about this pic down to the creepy crawlies & they freaked me out in the show as a kid. Now I wish we got to see Shokoti in the MYP toon based off your design.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZvedaFire View Post

Well, since there appears to be a couple of others not yet quite done, I believe that we're going to have to go with "later".

And here's a public shout-out: What do you guys think? Should I extend the deadline till tomorrow so these talented artists can get the few more precious hours needed to complete their designs?

• Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast