Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 64

Thread: 2-Bad & Funkypunkyboy Present: Zealousss

  1. #26
    Heroic Warrior Sky Breaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    9,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Monikasvo View Post
    There are lot of very well made little details: combination of Zodac- theme and snake theme in armour look cool, helmet is wonderful, energy chakras are cool and I like glowing zig-zag emblems in her tail too.

    I think she need little more to eat however. Backstory fits to the character and to the line. Good work!
    Thank you! Seems you enjoy all the same aspects we do!

    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    like others have said... the bio is great. the art is fantastic, but if anything comes of this i would like to see a slimmer version of her.

    she is excellent, but i like my women slim, hard and strong
    Monikasvo said she was too skinny, now you're saying she's too fast! Sheesh you guys! You're going to give her a weight complex!

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyAngora View Post
    she is super creepy. fantastic! lol! just in time for halloween nightmares, right? i love her weapon, too. skeletor's got himself one mighty ally there...
    Thanks! I love her weapon too! I've always been a fan of circular/disc weapons and 2-Bad hit the nail on the head! She was alot of fun!

  2. #27
    Heroic MI-6 Agent He-Manis007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,655

    I Like

    I especially like the idea of the Power Stats myself.

    It can go two ways by answering who's more powerful, people can get those answers but.....

    It does take out mystery.

    But still, very cool idea.
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

    The name is Bond.... James Bond.

  3. #28
    Heroic Warrior Sky Breaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    9,117
    Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    Love her design, especially the one snake headed arm!!
    That was all 2-Bad there! Thanks for the support!

    Quote Originally Posted by HordeMonkey View Post
    Ooh, she's fantastic, guys! A Cosmic Enforcer/Snakeman hybrid? Who woulda thunk it? Oh... Right... FPB did!
    Thanks. I'm blushing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
    Amazing art and a very interesting bio.
    I plan on making more use of 2-Bad's talents in the near future, thanks for the support and stay tuned!

    Quote Originally Posted by Leech View Post
    I love it! I know this sounds weird, but I have a thing for women in art who wear visors over their eyes. I think it makes them very mysterious and sexy in a sci-fi kind of way and the Zodak helmet has always been a cool design.

    There's not much I can say that has not been said already. Well written story accompanied by great art.
    The had originally intended her to be without a head covering of any sort, but when I saw what 2-Bad had drawn up, I fell in love. I thought the warped snake decorated version of the enforcer helm was too sweet! Glad you like her!

    Quote Originally Posted by He-Manis007 View Post
    I especially like the idea of the Power Stats myself.

    It can go two ways by answering who's more powerful, people can get those answers but.....

    It does take out mystery.

    But still, very cool idea.
    I love doing power stats! I think its interesting to see how powerful we envision our characters, though it never really defines them, after all, Mekaneck did stand up to Count Marzo in the MYP toon, which to me is like an ant standing up to an armadillo

    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Cool looking design and a dramatic backstory.
    Thanks! I plan on expanding on it.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; October 23, 2007 at 04:46pm.

  4. #29
    Heroic Lurker! bootleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    893
    really cool illustration by 2-Bad, and clever character concept by FPB! i was thinking maybe it would be cool to see zealousss in a different color armor? to further emphasize her rejection of the cosmic enforcers.
    Visit my sketchblog at its new URL: JASONBOT.com!

  5. #30
    I need a MOTUC... 2-bad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Dark Hemisphere, India
    Posts
    3,972
    Well actually I was planning to go with a darker shade of grey for the armor, but then would it really emphasize that she was a former enforcer was the question, so we decided to stick to the red. Glad you all are loving Zealousss.
    My DA Page

    www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

    Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

  6. #31
    Heroic Warrior Sky Breaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    9,117
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bad View Post
    Well actually I was planning to go with a darker shade of grey for the armor, but then would it really emphasize that she was a former enforcer was the question, so we decided to stick to the red. Glad you all are loving Zealousss.
    Yes we are all loving her! I think Im going to get crackin' on that fiction tomorrow. I'll send you a little something tomorrow night!

  7. #32
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kelowna, BC
    Posts
    215
    Whatever happened to this great character? Will be we be seeing any more art with her? Will she perhaps meet up with her old flame again?

  8. #33
    Heroic Warrior Sky Breaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    9,117
    Thanks to everyone who popped onto this thread and gave props to Zealousss. I hope to bring you some more creations as soon as I get some $$$ to pay 2-Bad for his wonderful art!

  9. #34
    I need a MOTUC... 2-bad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Dark Hemisphere, India
    Posts
    3,972
    I really enjoyed doing her fpb & I'm glad you guys like her. she's a very unique character thats for sure.
    My DA Page

    www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

    Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

  10. #35
    Heroic Warrior Sky Breaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    9,117
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bad View Post
    I really enjoyed doing her fpb & I'm glad you guys like her. she's a very unique character thats for sure.
    Thanks! I was just picturing what my next commission request from you may look like.

    I was thinking about a certain cosmic Enforcer, bloodied and beaten, trapped in coils of crushing muscle. To his left, his cosmic staff, severed in two, and to his right, a pile of lifeless snakes that used to be the leader of the snakemen. Holding his head in the centre of her energy chakra, and about to deliever the killing blow, a victorious Zealousss will not be denied her vengence....

  11. #36
    Heroic Warrior Angry-Calligar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Canada eh?
    Posts
    296
    hey fpb decided to answer your call. i really like her. the snakemen are great, and the cosmic enforcers are cool. combining them only made sense. 2-bad's art is some of the best on the boards. i'll check out your other character later.

  12. #37
    Heroic Warrior Sky Breaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    9,117
    Thanks! I hope more people drop by with something to say. If she recieves enough attention to warrent some comissions, I just might be looking to get some done!

  13. #38
    Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Leeds UK
    Posts
    2,163
    Love the Bio/backstory. It's always cool when a character has her own agenda rather than being affiliated with a group. I could imagine her maybe teaming up with evil-Lyn to betray Skeletor and King Hiss

    I like characters with snake tails instead of legs, so that's awesome, but there's not much else on the design that would fit my personal preference, I guess I like female characters to be feminine and kinda pretty, so the snake arm freaks me out a bit. I'd probably like it on a male character, it's cool how it's part hand, part head, like more of a mutation. I'm not keen on the helmet, it originally made me think of Mekanek or Stratos, both of whom aren't my favourite characters.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

  14. #39
    Heroic Warrior Sky Breaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    9,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Love the Bio/backstory. It's always cool when a character has her own agenda rather than being affiliated with a group. I could imagine her maybe teaming up with evil-Lyn to betray Skeletor and King Hiss

    I like characters with snake tails instead of legs, so that's awesome, but there's not much else on the design that would fit my personal preference, I guess I like female characters to be feminine and kinda pretty, so the snake arm freaks me out a bit. I'd probably like it on a male character, it's cool how it's part hand, part head, like more of a mutation. I'm not keen on the helmet, it originally made me think of Mekanek or Stratos, both of whom aren't my favourite characters.
    Thanks again! I owe most of the design to 2-Bad. I gave him a very detailed description, and then he added his own flair.

    I feel the snake arm blaster give her a unique edge. Where as other characters have technological aids for gun styled weapons, this scaly chick has one built right in.

    The helm should have made you think Zodak, heh, since it is styled after the cosmic enforcers.

  15. #40
    Fake Casting Agent CocoaSmooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    The (619)
    Posts
    5,174
    I feel that the concept is good as far as having a Naga like character. But it looks too complicated for your average MOTU design. Simplfy.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

  16. #41
    Heroic Warrior Angry-Calligar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Canada eh?
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoaSmooth View Post
    I feel that the concept is good as far as having a Naga like character. But it looks too complicated for your average MOTU design. Simplfy.
    its the artists style. he likes a lot of elements. doesn't need any simplifying.
    another artist's take might be more your taste, this one is great.

  17. #42
    Heroic Warrior Sky Breaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    9,117
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg View Post
    really cool illustration by 2-Bad, and clever character concept by FPB! i was thinking maybe it would be cool to see zealousss in a different color armor? to further emphasize her rejection of the cosmic enforcers.
    Thanks! Thats a good idea, but as 2-Bad stated, he wanted to keep it familiar to the source. What color would you suggest? Perhaps a bright green?

  18. #43
    Movie mayhem!
    Patreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,791
    give her legs and i'm sold ;-)

  19. #44
    Heroic Warrior Sky Breaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    9,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    give her legs and i'm sold ;-)
    That would have to be up to 2-Bad. But is there something so wrong about being the only MOTU character without legsss?

    Can't you smell the rubber of the bendable flexible toy gimmick?

  20. #45
    Evil Warrior Machinitess's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    541
    Love the story, love the character, love the design. Awesome!
    Signed by-- ME!

    ---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

  21. #46
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    give her legs and i'm sold ;-)
    Agreed...although, I'd compromise and say if she had real legs that could transform into a long tail, kind of like the opposite of King Hsss, then I'd like her a lot.

  22. #47
    Heroic Warrior Sky Breaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    9,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester35 View Post
    Agreed...although, I'd compromise and say if she had real legs that could transform into a long tail, kind of like the opposite of King Hsss, then I'd like her a lot.
    What is it with you men and needing women to have legs? She is the only MOTU character without legs, does that not make her unique?

  23. #48
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    What is it with you men and needing women to have legs? She is the only MOTU character without legs, does that not make her unique?
    Uniqueness, in this case, is not something that I like. I just don't like the idea of her having to slither around everywhere; if it was her attack power, like a transformation as I previously said, I'm cool with it. In fact, I'd think that would make her a good character design, like the antithesis to King Hsss, but as her normal look? Nah, sorry, not feeling it. This is all in my opinion of course, and she's a cool character regardless, I just don't like her presentation.

    Did she originally have no legs before she was transformed into the snakewoman?

    Edit: Oh, and its nothing to do with the sex of the character, even if it was a guy character I'd still prefer him to have legs.

  24. #49
    Heroic Warrior Sky Breaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    9,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester35 View Post
    Uniqueness, in this case, is not something that I like. I just don't like the idea of her having to slither around everywhere; if it was her attack power, like a transformation as I previously said, I'm cool with it. In fact, I'd think that would make her a good character design, like the antithesis to King Hsss, but as her normal look? Nah, sorry, not feeling it. This is all in my opinion of course, and she's a cool character regardless, I just don't like her presentation.

    Did she originally have no legs before she was transformed into the snakewoman?

    Edit: Oh, and its nothing to do with the sex of the character, even if it was a guy character I'd still prefer him to have legs.
    Read her bio. She was a cosmic enforcer, very much human, and as bipedal as you or I. Heh. King Hiss saw fit to change her, and he really went for gusto.

    Quote Originally Posted by Machinitess View Post
    Love the story, love the character, love the design. Awesome!
    Thanks!

  25. #50
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    Read her bio. She was a cosmic enforcer, very much human, and as bipedal as you or I. Heh. King Hiss saw fit to change her, and he really went for gusto.
    But it says nothing in her bio about her having legs, hence my question. The confusion is because I don't just assume that Cosmic Enforcers are all human/eternian. She could have been of some other alien race that has either no or limited use of legs.
    Last edited by Jester35; October 7, 2008 at 06:23am.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •