Thread: Rayven: Evil Emissary of Skeletor

Hybrid View

Rayven: Evil Emissary of Skeletor

Name: Rayven
    Height: 5'9''
    Weight: 155LBS
    Species: Eternian Gargoyle (scientifically/mystically altered)
    Current Residence: Talon Peak

History: Originally nothing more than a simple-minded Eternian gargoyle, one of lowly Beastman's pets and play things, the being who would be later known as Rayven, was created from the parts of many. His borrowed DNA included contributions from Skeletor's most loyal, and powerful minions, Panthor, Beastman, Tri-Klops and Evil-Lyn. The combination of feral power and human intellect was infused into the body of the winged beast, and produced some pleasing results to be the ultimate weapon against The Defenders. Rayven soon realized that working as a lackey for Skeletor was an insult to his true potential, and his blossoming intelligence. He rebelled against his creator and sought to carve out a meaningful career of his own, by securing the power of Grayskull for himself.

Finding a suitable home in the cold granite caverns atop the mysterious Talon Peak, and confiscating the remains of the robot known as Faker to serve as his personal body guard, Rayven launched an assault on the Defenders worthy of mention in the great history books of Eternia. He was nearly successful in obtaining the power of the Elders for his own, but was defeated by He-Man and his mighty companions. His movements were tracked by King Hiss, in which the reptile lord cohearsed the young villain into aiding him. When it looked as though the evil doers would be successful, a planned double cross nearly cost young Rayven his life. Nearly devoured alive by the vile king, like so many of those unfortunate enough to cross the snake king, Rayven narrowly escaped.

Rayven was eventually inlisted to aid the Defenders during the return of The Horde to Eternia. He faithfully fought along side the Defenders against the dark sorcerer, disappearing immediately following the great battle, torn between his lust for power, and his desire for solace and companionship. As fate would have it, in a strange twist of events, he actually saved the life of Man-E-Faces, of which whom he later developed an intense connection with.

Much like Man-E-Faces, Rayven was a jigsaw puzzle, pieced together, yet not whole. Their relationship quickly blossomed. The heroic warrior had hoped to foster the goodness within him, hoping Rayven would use his gifts to protect the weak and find comfort in joining the Defender's roster, where he would be accepted, appreciated, and most of all loved. For a while the two were inseparable, and while some of the Defenders were more than happy for the unlikely pair, some of them were not. It was this tension that eventually drove Rayven away from Eternos, and returning to his despicable ways with a new plan for conquest.

After successfully stealing vast amounts of technology and resources from all over Eternia, and kidnapping Man-At-Arms himself right out from under the nose of the Royal Guard, the twisted creature had hoped to conquer Grayskull with an army of robotic He-Man clones, size the Power of the Elders, and crush all those who opposed him. Unfortunately for him, his campaign was not a success, and he found himself back into Skeletor's midst. If he remains loyal to his creator or not remains to be seen, but in the mean time, the overlord of evil doesn't seem to mind having him around. Skeletor always did keep rather strange company. Though Rayven was granted 1 Faker robot as a companion and guardian, under Skeletor's rule, he is only allowed 1, as to make sure he never decides to overthrow his master. The fact that Skeletor would even grant such a generous request may show some compassion for his own twisted creation, or perhaps the Overlord of Evil simply plans to reprogram Rayven's one and only friend. Though the ties that bind these two villains can be called into question, one thing both master and creation have in common is their burning hatred of the Snakemen, to which whom they both owe much vengeance.

A frightening sight to behold, as well as being a fierce combatant with an array of powers, Rayven is not without his weaknesses. Should he expend his energy reserves too prematurely, he can be left rather defenseless. Luckily he is not without enough intelligence to know the importance of a hasty winged retreat. Most recently, Rayven has undergone a startling transformation, the result of a battle with the most powerful man in the universe. During the conflict, in which some rather unusual conditions conspired, Rayven's biology was sent into a flutter, reactivating the unstable conditions which created him, and resulted in a terrifying change. Disfigured, and driven completely mad with rage, his loyalty to Skeletor was sealed, and his disdain for He-Man and the Defenders irreversibly ingrained into mind. Now all of the psionic power of this winged fury is at the command of the Overlord of Evil.

Powers:

- Possesses enhanced strength, speed, agility
    - Razor sharp talons on hands and feet
    - Wings for gliding
    - Bio-Electric Blasts, limited electrical production for powerful short range bursts
    - Telekinetic range that has yet to be fully understood. Can erect powerful defensive shields or the subtle manipulation of objects.

Original Art By: gbagok
    Updated Concept Art By: 2-Bad
    Concept: Sky Breaker

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; December 2, 2012 at 01:20am.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    I'm really fond of the armour, it really draws your eyes in. Also liek the idea of him being a homunculos, they never get enough exposure.

Like the fact he is neither good nor evil, very grey area.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Nice design and I hope you get to chance to color it. He seems like such a conflicted character, he has the potiental to be a nuetral character but his own greed and lust for power are his own worst enemy. (And throwing in his friendship with Man-E-Faces is a nice touch.)
    I'm a deviant: yaoi-huntress-earth.deviantart.com

Whao! He looks Wicked...& I mean it literally. Like smb said, the armor has som great details & i also love the chain-like weapon.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Co-Creator of the NV
    Rayven looks really cool. I'd love to see him colored.

You should submit him into the staction contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    Rayven looks really cool. I'd love to see him colored.

You should submit him into the staction contest.
    Your wish has been granted!

Quote Originally Posted by Yaoi HuntressE View Post
    Nice design and I hope you get to chance to color it. He seems like such a conflicted character, he has the potiental to be a nuetral character but his own greed and lust for power are his own worst enemy. (And throwing in his friendship with Man-E-Faces is a nice touch.)
    That conflict is pretty much over, at least, that's what its going to appear in the upcoming fan fic I'm doing! Stay tuned for more!

Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    I'm really fond of the armour, it really draws your eyes in. Also liek the idea of him being a homunculos, they never get enough exposure.

Like the fact he is neither good nor evil, very grey area.
    Well I'm going to push this one story to the limit! Glad you like him!

PS: To those of you who are wondering if Rayven actually increased in size during his transformation, no, just the display image! Hee hee!

Rayven looks and sounds very interesting character.

Heroic Warrior
    Nice character design! although his age is 2, which is slightly odd.

Definitely a cool looking character, and the back story sounds great too. I always wanted more flying characters for the evil warriors, and the weapon is probably my favorite feature. Too many designs are great until they get to the weapon and we have another sword, but this is one type of weapon we never got for Masters. Nice work.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Hey FBP, I like the little stat box you have there for him. Do you have any plotted out for some of the official characters? If so, I'd love to see 'em!
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Yup, the weapon credit goes to gbagok. He really came up with something out of the ordinary as he always does. I like it alot too.

Rayven is an Awesome character & I'm happy I got a chance to work on him.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    Definitely a cool looking character, and the back story sounds great too. I always wanted more flying characters for the evil warriors, and the weapon is probably my favorite feature. Too many designs are great until they get to the weapon and we have another sword, but this is one type of weapon we never got for Masters. Nice work.
    Thanks very much Vahn! I had envisioned the character with a chain weapon, and wrote it in my first fan fiction. gbagok took it a step further, and 2-Bad even further. I think it turned out loverly!

Quote Originally Posted by HordeMonkey View Post
    Hey FBP, I like the little stat box you have there for him. Do you have any plotted out for some of the official characters? If so, I'd love to see 'em!
    Yes I would very much like to. I've kind of done this before. I'd also like to do it in such a way that it involves other orgers. Perhaps I will turn it into a poll. Not everyone will agree, but it would be nice to see what others think. Patreek seems to get alot of feedback with his little endeavours.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bad View Post
    Yup, the weapon credit goes to gbagok. He really came up with something out of the ordinary as he always does. I like it alot too.

Rayven is an Awesome character & I'm happy I got a chance to work on him.
    Thanks! The pleasure was mine!

Quote Originally Posted by evil-lyn167 View Post
    Rayven looks and sounds very interesting character.
    Thank you! I like him. I'm proud to state that he is probably the first MOTU character who doesn't care too much for the ladies. Hee hee. Man-E-Faces is the man/monster who gets under this mutants skin. I think that's why I love him so much.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; January 22, 2008 at 03:46pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I was reading your fan fiction and left a comment. When should we expect an update?

Quote Originally Posted by BC Cherry View Post
    I was reading your fan fiction and left a comment. When should we expect an update?
    Thanks! I always appreciate the attention! I was trying to get it out a few weeks ago, but it seems like anything that can distract me from it has done so. I'm going to try to finish it this coming Tuesday, and post the little surprise I've been saving.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I'm liking his original design where he looks more human, you don't get many "pretty" male evil characters, the romance between him an Man-E-Faces makes more sense if he's actually attractive as well. It's an interesting story angle, both of them are under a kind of monstrous affliction that will keep them apart, but maybe would still help to keep Rayven's affiliation undecided, like he could attack for Skeletor but then let the heroes escape to protect Man-E. Sort of like the Dragstor and Extendar friendship in the UK comics. He'd be a more interesting counterpart to Man-E-Faces if they did get together than Ram-Man was in the original series where they were like bickering brats.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Black Feather wings make more sense with the name Rayven.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoaSmooth View Post
    Black Feather wings make more sense with the name Rayven.
    I guess Spider-Man would have made more sense if he had a few extra appendages. Or perhaps Magneto would have made more sense if he was simply a giant horse shoe magnet. I do not see the letter 'X' painted on Professor X...

A character's name doesn't have to embody every aspect of their design/concept, but if you looked a little harder, you'd notice the raven tattoo on his face, and the raven pieces of his costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    I guess Spider-Man would have made more sense if he had a few extra appendages. Or perhaps Magneto would have made more sense if he was simply a giant horse shoe magnet. I do not see the letter 'X' painted on Professor X...

A character's name doesn't have to embody every aspect of their design/concept, but if you looked a little harder, you'd notice the raven tattoo on his face, and the raven pieces of his costume.
    Its not that I didn't notice...Its just that I didn't imagine a Bat winged warrior when I first saw the name.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoaSmooth View Post
    Its not that I didn't notice...Its just that I didn't imagine a Bat winged warrior when I first saw the name.
    They are not bat wings. If they were bat wings, then he would have webbing on his arms and his fingers. The wings of a bat are modified extremities, similar to our own hands.

These are gargoyle wings, and he is a gargoyle with the name "Rayven".

Wow! And you impress me yet again!

Quote Originally Posted by IceWolf View Post
    Wow! And you impress me yet again!
    Thanks. Your avatar impresses me. Is that your art, or is it borrowed?