Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rayven: Evil Emissary of Skeletor

Rayven: Evil Emissary of Skeletor

Name: Rayven
    Height: 5'9''
    Weight: 155LBS
    Species: Eternian Gargoyle (scientifically/mystically altered)
    Current Residence: Talon Peak

History: Originally nothing more than a simple-minded Eternian gargoyle, one of lowly Beastman's pets and play things, the being who would be later known as Rayven, was created from the parts of many. His borrowed DNA included contributions from Skeletor's most loyal, and powerful minions, Panthor, Beastman, Tri-Klops and Evil-Lyn. The combination of feral power and human intellect was infused into the body of the winged beast, and produced some pleasing results to be the ultimate weapon against The Defenders. Rayven soon realized that working as a lackey for Skeletor was an insult to his true potential, and his blossoming intelligence. He rebelled against his creator and sought to carve out a meaningful career of his own, by securing the power of Grayskull for himself.

Finding a suitable home in the cold granite caverns atop the mysterious Talon Peak, and confiscating the remains of the robot known as Faker to serve as his personal body guard, Rayven launched an assault on the Defenders worthy of mention in the great history books of Eternia. He was nearly successful in obtaining the power of the Elders for his own, but was defeated by He-Man and his mighty companions. His movements were tracked by King Hiss, in which the reptile lord cohearsed the young villain into aiding him. When it looked as though the evil doers would be successful, a planned double cross nearly cost young Rayven his life. Nearly devoured alive by the vile king, like so many of those unfortunate enough to cross the snake king, Rayven narrowly escaped.

Rayven was eventually inlisted to aid the Defenders during the return of The Horde to Eternia. He faithfully fought along side the Defenders against the dark sorcerer, disappearing immediately following the great battle, torn between his lust for power, and his desire for solace and companionship. As fate would have it, in a strange twist of events, he actually saved the life of Man-E-Faces, of which whom he later developed an intense connection with.

Much like Man-E-Faces, Rayven was a jigsaw puzzle, pieced together, yet not whole. Their relationship quickly blossomed. The heroic warrior had hoped to foster the goodness within him, hoping Rayven would use his gifts to protect the weak and find comfort in joining the Defender's roster, where he would be accepted, appreciated, and most of all loved. For a while the two were inseparable, and while some of the Defenders were more than happy for the unlikely pair, some of them were not. It was this tension that eventually drove Rayven away from Eternos, and returning to his despicable ways with a new plan for conquest.

After successfully stealing vast amounts of technology and resources from all over Eternia, and kidnapping Man-At-Arms himself right out from under the nose of the Royal Guard, the twisted creature had hoped to conquer Grayskull with an army of robotic He-Man clones, size the Power of the Elders, and crush all those who opposed him. Unfortunately for him, his campaign was not a success, and he found himself back into Skeletor's midst. If he remains loyal to his creator or not remains to be seen, but in the mean time, the overlord of evil doesn't seem to mind having him around. Skeletor always did keep rather strange company. Though Rayven was granted 1 Faker robot as a companion and guardian, under Skeletor's rule, he is only allowed 1, as to make sure he never decides to overthrow his master. The fact that Skeletor would even grant such a generous request may show some compassion for his own twisted creation, or perhaps the Overlord of Evil simply plans to reprogram Rayven's one and only friend. Though the ties that bind these two villains can be called into question, one thing both master and creation have in common is their burning hatred of the Snakemen, to which whom they both owe much vengeance.

A frightening sight to behold, as well as being a fierce combatant with an array of powers, Rayven is not without his weaknesses. Should he expend his energy reserves too prematurely, he can be left rather defenseless. Luckily he is not without enough intelligence to know the importance of a hasty winged retreat. Most recently, Rayven has undergone a startling transformation, the result of a battle with the most powerful man in the universe. During the conflict, in which some rather unusual conditions conspired, Rayven's biology was sent into a flutter, reactivating the unstable conditions which created him, and resulted in a terrifying change. Disfigured, and driven completely mad with rage, his loyalty to Skeletor was sealed, and his disdain for He-Man and the Defenders irreversibly ingrained into mind. Now all of the psionic power of this winged fury is at the command of the Overlord of Evil.

Powers:

- Possesses enhanced strength, speed, agility
    - Razor sharp talons on hands and feet
    - Wings for gliding
    - Bio-Electric Blasts, limited electrical production for powerful short range bursts
    - Telekinetic range that has yet to be fully understood. Can erect powerful defensive shields or the subtle manipulation of objects.

Original Art By: gbagok
    Updated Concept Art By: 2-Bad
    Concept: Sky Breaker

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; December 2, 2012 at 01:20am.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    I'm really fond of the armour, it really draws your eyes in. Also liek the idea of him being a homunculos, they never get enough exposure.

Like the fact he is neither good nor evil, very grey area.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Nice design and I hope you get to chance to color it. He seems like such a conflicted character, he has the potiental to be a nuetral character but his own greed and lust for power are his own worst enemy. (And throwing in his friendship with Man-E-Faces is a nice touch.)
    I'm a deviant: yaoi-huntress-earth.deviantart.com

Whao! He looks Wicked...& I mean it literally. Like smb said, the armor has som great details & i also love the chain-like weapon.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Co-Creator of the NV
    Rayven looks really cool. I'd love to see him colored.

You should submit him into the staction contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    Rayven looks really cool. I'd love to see him colored.

You should submit him into the staction contest.
    Your wish has been granted!

Quote Originally Posted by Yaoi HuntressE View Post
    Nice design and I hope you get to chance to color it. He seems like such a conflicted character, he has the potiental to be a nuetral character but his own greed and lust for power are his own worst enemy. (And throwing in his friendship with Man-E-Faces is a nice touch.)
    That conflict is pretty much over, at least, that's what its going to appear in the upcoming fan fic I'm doing! Stay tuned for more!

Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    I'm really fond of the armour, it really draws your eyes in. Also liek the idea of him being a homunculos, they never get enough exposure.

Like the fact he is neither good nor evil, very grey area.
    Well I'm going to push this one story to the limit! Glad you like him!

PS: To those of you who are wondering if Rayven actually increased in size during his transformation, no, just the display image! Hee hee!

He's pretty cool!
    But I honestly feel that these characters of yours are over designed!
    I think would work a lot better if you toned them down a bit!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy View Post
    He's pretty cool!
    But I honestly feel that these characters of yours are over designed!
    I think would work a lot better if you toned them down a bit!
    I wouldn't say that the characters are over-designed, I would say that 2-Bad just has a particular attention to detail. Another artist could do a very similar design with less lines, and less detail to give a 'cleaner' look, like gbagok or the MYP toon itself.

2-Bad's work is more detailed, like Bearshow, he likes to bring out the finer accents. Its all personal preference. As much as I loved the updated Snakeface, one look at Bearshow's creepy undead samurai looking warrior and you forget about the MYP version.

I'm very glad you like him though! Thanks
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; October 18, 2007 at 03:21pm.

Co-Creator of the NV
    He's looking awesome.

Cool weapon too. I didn't really notice it in the first pic though.

Fright Zone (Etheria): Prisoner of the Horde
    Really scary! Not my style but cool concept and drawing!
    If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
    Socrates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    A.Einstein

He's looking awesome.

Cool weapon too. I didn't really notice it in the first pic though.
    I feel head over heels in love with this rendition. 2-Bad even made it a point to highlight the raven tattoo on his face, which to be honest, I didn't realize was there before!

Quote Originally Posted by funkypunkyboy View Post
    I feel head over heels in love with this rendition. 2-Bad even made it a point to highlight the raven tattoo on his face, which to be honest, I didn't realize was there before!
    It looks great. No wonder Man-E-Faces likes him.
    I'm a deviant: yaoi-huntress-earth.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yaoi HuntressE View Post
    It looks great. No wonder Man-E-Faces likes him.

Yes, our favorite Eternian actor has a soft spot for the strange and unusual. It only makes sense that two homonculi would go well together! Thanks for the comments!

Interesting character.

What does the stats-line between "Magic" and "Combat" say. I can't really read it? Pisione??!!
    ..:: it rubs the lotion on its skin ::..

THESE COLLECTORS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO DEAL WITH:

Kaleb1974 (5x) ~ Peter (3x) ~ JOAH-MAN (1x) ~ TIRPITZ (8x) ~ rougewelder (1x) ~ Facelessone (12x) ~ King-ironic (1x) ~ boggs32 (2x) ~ onthoofder ~ ess7477 (1x) ~ Sl@yer (8x) ~ 2-packs (7x) ~ Arkangel (2x) ~ PIOSOL (3x) ~ pyrelus (1x) ~ Scare_Glower (1x) ~ mondo (1x) ... Thanks guys!!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sathomaso View Post
    Interesting character.

What does the stats-line between "Magic" and "Combat" say. I can't really read it? Pisione??!!
    Psionic. Unfortunately the graph didn't condense properly. Yes he is a powerful psychic character with an impressive telekinetic arsenal. No telepathic though, leave that to The Sorceress and Evil-Lyn

Heroic Warrior
    I love the transition from the old to the new. Both pieces are very well done. Is there a story explaining the change?

Cool character there funky and 2-bad has done a very good job.
    http://galvatronartstuff.blogspot.com/

Check My Fan Characters
    -------------------------------------------
    Press here to see Houndor
    Press here to see Aetheron

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Ahh shoot, looks like Flap-Fright and Manglor are doomed. >.<
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Ummmm....he isn't entered for the contest. It's just a character introduction thread.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bad View Post
    Ummmm....he isn't entered for the contest. It's just a character introduction thread.
    HM confused the hell out of me with that comment too, haha.

I thought, "how the hell can he be a bio entry when the art was done before the deadlines?"

in any case, he still looks awesome. Definitely needs to be submitted next year!

Quote Originally Posted by BC Cherry View Post
    I love the transition from the old to the new. Both pieces are very well done. Is there a story explaining the change?
    Yes. It is posted in the Fan Fiction Forum. So far only Chapter 1 is available, although the other 2 chapters are coming soon. The fiction also includes other fan characters, 2-Bad's Drill Bill and Patreek's Spy Fly and Unicra! Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
    Cool character there funky and 2-bad has done a very good job.
    Thanks! If you really enjoy the character, feel free to drop by the Fan Fiction section and read what I have written! There's more to come!

Quote Originally Posted by HordeMonkey View Post
    Ahh shoot, looks like Flap-Fright and Manglor are doomed. >.<
    Rayven was entered into last years competition. He only advanced a little before being knocked out of the run. He may have faired better if he had the art that 2-Bad did for me to back him up.

PS: I voted for Flap-Fright
    HM confused the hell out of me with that comment too, haha.

I thought, "how the hell can he be a bio entry when the art was done before the deadlines?"

in any case, he still looks awesome. Definitely needs to be submitted next year!
    Glad you like him, but he was entered last year. Perhaps if he develops a huge following, I can convince Royaltus1 to allow to grant him entry with the updated art. Maybe when Royaltus1 plate of projects is a little less, I'll get this sucker stactionized as with Oozer, Copperhead and Emprsss

Heroic Warrior
    Nice character design! although his age is 2, which is slightly odd.

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Quote Originally Posted by funkypunkyboy View Post
    Rayven was entered into last years competition. He only advanced a little before being knocked out of the run. He may have faired better if he had the art that 2-Bad did for me to back him up.

PS: I voted for Flap-Fright
    Hahaha! I knew that! I was just...testing you... Yes, that's it.

PS: Thanks FPB!
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Heroic Warrior
    He does look like a good creation for "Gargoyles".

Quote Originally Posted by Cropsy View Post
    He does look like a good creation for "Gargoyles".
    Well that's because he is a gargoyle, or rather was a gargoyle. You can imagine him in any fiction you wish! I'm glad you like him!