http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...62#post1867862

Its great!

Sooo... why isn't this guy in the staction contest? Reasons? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    A very cool concept here. Y'all should check out FPB's fanfic:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...62#post1867862

Its great!

Sooo... why isn't this guy in the staction contest? Reasons? lol
    Thanks Patreek. As stated in another thread, he was entered in a previous contest and made it far enough that he could not be entered in this years. I wish I had 2-Bad's amazing art to compliment the character this year. Oh well.

I'm remotely considering getting this guy make into a staction. I loved Copperhead enough to buy him, I think this guy deserves something as well.

Definitely a cool looking character, and the back story sounds great too. I always wanted more flying characters for the evil warriors, and the weapon is probably my favorite feature. Too many designs are great until they get to the weapon and we have another sword, but this is one type of weapon we never got for Masters. Nice work.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Hey FBP, I like the little stat box you have there for him. Do you have any plotted out for some of the official characters? If so, I'd love to see 'em!
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Yup, the weapon credit goes to gbagok. He really came up with something out of the ordinary as he always does. I like it alot too.

Rayven is an Awesome character & I'm happy I got a chance to work on him.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Rayven looks and sounds very interesting character.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    Definitely a cool looking character, and the back story sounds great too. I always wanted more flying characters for the evil warriors, and the weapon is probably my favorite feature. Too many designs are great until they get to the weapon and we have another sword, but this is one type of weapon we never got for Masters. Nice work.
    Thanks very much Vahn! I had envisioned the character with a chain weapon, and wrote it in my first fan fiction. gbagok took it a step further, and 2-Bad even further. I think it turned out loverly!

Quote Originally Posted by HordeMonkey View Post
    Hey FBP, I like the little stat box you have there for him. Do you have any plotted out for some of the official characters? If so, I'd love to see 'em!
    Yes I would very much like to. I've kind of done this before. I'd also like to do it in such a way that it involves other orgers. Perhaps I will turn it into a poll. Not everyone will agree, but it would be nice to see what others think. Patreek seems to get alot of feedback with his little endeavours.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bad View Post
    Yup, the weapon credit goes to gbagok. He really came up with something out of the ordinary as he always does. I like it alot too.

Rayven is an Awesome character & I'm happy I got a chance to work on him.
    Thanks! The pleasure was mine!

Quote Originally Posted by evil-lyn167 View Post
    Rayven looks and sounds very interesting character.
    Thank you! I like him. I'm proud to state that he is probably the first MOTU character who doesn't care too much for the ladies. Hee hee. Man-E-Faces is the man/monster who gets under this mutants skin. I think that's why I love him so much.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; January 22, 2008 at 03:46pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I was reading your fan fiction and left a comment. When should we expect an update?

Quote Originally Posted by BC Cherry View Post
    I was reading your fan fiction and left a comment. When should we expect an update?
    Thanks! I always appreciate the attention! I was trying to get it out a few weeks ago, but it seems like anything that can distract me from it has done so. I'm going to try to finish it this coming Tuesday, and post the little surprise I've been saving.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I'm liking his original design where he looks more human, you don't get many "pretty" male evil characters, the romance between him an Man-E-Faces makes more sense if he's actually attractive as well. It's an interesting story angle, both of them are under a kind of monstrous affliction that will keep them apart, but maybe would still help to keep Rayven's affiliation undecided, like he could attack for Skeletor but then let the heroes escape to protect Man-E. Sort of like the Dragstor and Extendar friendship in the UK comics. He'd be a more interesting counterpart to Man-E-Faces if they did get together than Ram-Man was in the original series where they were like bickering brats.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Oooh I love him, nice character . creatively done mate.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    I'm liking his original design where he looks more human, you don't get many "pretty" male evil characters, the romance between him an Man-E-Faces makes more sense if he's actually attractive as well. It's an interesting story angle, both of them are under a kind of monstrous affliction that will keep them apart, but maybe would still help to keep Rayven's affiliation undecided, like he could attack for Skeletor but then let the heroes escape to protect Man-E. Sort of like the Dragstor and Extendar friendship in the UK comics. He'd be a more interesting counterpart to Man-E-Faces if they did get together than Ram-Man was in the original series where they were like bickering brats.
    Thanks! I too enjoyed his original design, and having a 'pretty' male villian in MOTU was kind of what I was going for at first, however then I thought about the fact that he's a hommunculus, so I wanted to make him more threatening, and even more angry towards the forces of good.

I felt that his 'evolution' into something far more monsterous would be a good way to go, and it would take some real feelings to love him. Since Man-E-Faces is by far the most unusual looking hero, I figured he'd be up for the challenge. Who knows, maybe one day Rayven will revert to his previous form, afterall Eternia is a land full of magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Oooh I love him, nice character . creatively done mate.
    Thanks! He was my favorite! There will be more of him to come.

Black Feather wings make more sense with the name Rayven.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoaSmooth View Post
    Black Feather wings make more sense with the name Rayven.
    I guess Spider-Man would have made more sense if he had a few extra appendages. Or perhaps Magneto would have made more sense if he was simply a giant horse shoe magnet. I do not see the letter 'X' painted on Professor X...

A character's name doesn't have to embody every aspect of their design/concept, but if you looked a little harder, you'd notice the raven tattoo on his face, and the raven pieces of his costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    I guess Spider-Man would have made more sense if he had a few extra appendages. Or perhaps Magneto would have made more sense if he was simply a giant horse shoe magnet. I do not see the letter 'X' painted on Professor X...

A character's name doesn't have to embody every aspect of their design/concept, but if you looked a little harder, you'd notice the raven tattoo on his face, and the raven pieces of his costume.
    Its not that I didn't notice...Its just that I didn't imagine a Bat winged warrior when I first saw the name.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoaSmooth View Post
    Its not that I didn't notice...Its just that I didn't imagine a Bat winged warrior when I first saw the name.
    They are not bat wings. If they were bat wings, then he would have webbing on his arms and his fingers. The wings of a bat are modified extremities, similar to our own hands.

These are gargoyle wings, and he is a gargoyle with the name "Rayven".

Wow! And you impress me yet again!

Quote Originally Posted by IceWolf View Post
    Wow! And you impress me yet again!
    Thanks. Your avatar impresses me. Is that your art, or is it borrowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    Thanks. Your avatar impresses me. Is that your art, or is it borrowed?
    Nope, wish I knew who to give proper credit. Anyone know??

Quote Originally Posted by IceWolf View Post
    Nope, wish I knew who to give proper credit. Anyone know??
    I'm pretty sure its an ORG artist. I think I've seen the piece floating around here.

Movie mayhem!
    i was watching the first 3 eps of myp and the pan the cieling in greyskull and u see these gargoyles.. made me think of rayven. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    i was watching the first 3 eps of myp and the pan the cieling in greyskull and u see these gargoyles.. made me think of rayven. :-)

That's where I got the idea to use a gargoyle. I figured it would be something fans would be familar with, and receptive of. I wish they had a bigger role in the cartoon.

Overall, I wish we saw more fantastic creatures in Eternia. It seemed like a lot of them were just mainly used for the 'boo!' factor, like Swamp Hoppers, and that cute little squirrel thing that snarled at Orko. It would have been nice to see some awe inspiring creatures in Eternia, not just big things with teeth that eat you.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; September 6, 2008 at 10:35pm.

He's cool! I wish there was a 'stone variant' picture of him as a statue, done in some kind of striated black marble. That would be sweet.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Machinitess View Post
    He's cool! I wish there was a 'stone variant' picture of him as a statue, done in some kind of striated black marble. That would be sweet.
    Yes, he was rendered stone in my fan fic by Snake Face. Heh, who knows maybe if he's ever cast as a figure, I'll consider doing that.

got your message. it looks good. gbagok really knows his stuff.
    i'll vote in your polls as much as i can. see ya