View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a Fan Character Redesign Challenge?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. It could be fun

16 64.00%
  • No. I have no interest

7 28.00%
  • Maybe. Depends...

2 8.00%

Thread: Fan Character Redesign Challenge - Trying to gauge interest

Fan Character Redesign Challenge - Trying to gauge interest

Over in the Tuskador redesign challenge thread I posted an idea I had, the idea was to do a sort of sister challenge to the regular Redesign one only instead of any interested artist redesigning official characters "from the toylines, comics or cartoons), the idea is to instead redesign characters created by the fans (for example Wolfsfang by me, Bae-na by Baena or Ink-Shot by Doompuppet to name just three).

This thread is simply to see if anyone would be interested in such a thing and for the original creators to give their approval (or disapproval) of their characters being choices in any future challenges (provided there is enough interest).

So if you are interested please let me know (I figure I will give this thread a month or so to give people enough time to decide one way or the other) Oh and if you have any ideas for who the first character should be (if any) then also please post those.
    Last edited by wolfsfang; December 19, 2013 at 12:56pm.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I'm all for this and I even though I'm new to the org and haven't posted any of my own fan created characters yet I'd be interested to see some of the great artists of the org's takes on my own stuff.

Check out my DA gallery: http://isterold.deviantart.com/

Yes, sounds like fun!

A lot of those fan favorites are better known than some of the NA second wave characters or regional characters like Songster whom never heard of him as kid since i´m not from the U.S. or Scrollos from the U.K. comic fan mail pages or Anti He-Man from the german audio cassettes…to name a few.

So, i think that´s a neat idea.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Ya. I have seen his name a few times mentioned on the org but I still don't really know who Songster is or how he fits into MOTU.

This idea will also allow those fan created characters that were criminally overlooked (normally because some famous org artist such as Gbagok has posted an awesome new pic and everyone is flocking to see that and ignoring all other things) a second chance at the limelight.

One rule is that the original version of the fan character has to exist on the org (drawing, painting, custom fig...doesn't matter) prior to the challenge. So if this thing happens (and it is looking good) and you want any of your characters to be in the running for a future challenge (characters will probably be picked via poll just like the regular challenge) you better start getting them up now . Well okay you can post them when you like but until you do they can't be part of the challenge

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Ya. I have seen his name a few times mentioned on the org but I still don't really know who Songster is or how he fits into MOTU.

This idea will also allow those fan created characters that were criminally overlooked (normally because some famous org artist such as Gbagok has posted an awesome new pic and everyone is flocking to see that and ignoring all other things) a second chance at the limelight.

One rule is that the original version of the fan character has to exist on the org (drawing, painting, custom fig...doesn't matter) prior to the challenge. So if this thing happens (and it is looking good) and you want any of your characters to be in the running for a future challenge (characters will probably be picked via poll just like the regular challenge) you better start getting them up now . Well okay you can post them when you like but until you do they can't be part of the challenge

Sounds great I'm in

Great to hear Zombihamma-AI

Oh and guys (and gals) don't forget to post your suggestions for who the first challenge should be.

Heroic Warrior
    Well as it's your idea, let's do one of yours

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Well as it's your idea, let's do one of yours
    Well if I do end up choosing the first one it will probably be Wolfsfang...the character, not me

Widget
    So Tuskador is a fan created character? Sorry if I sound dumb, just new and not sure.

No he is an official one from the new adventures series. The regular redesign challenge is for redesigning official motu characters, my proposal is for doing the same thing for fan created characters

Well the results are in and so it looks like we may be giving the Fan Character Redesign Contest a try (to see how well it does) so watch this space.

Oh and for all of you that said "NO" I hope you reconsider after all it is just a bit of fun

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Well the results are in and so it looks like we may be giving the Fan Character Redesign Contest a try (to see how well it does) so watch this space.

Oh and for all of you that said "NO" I hope you reconsider after all it is just a bit of fun
    who are we doing, i will draw something up today.

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    who are we doing, i will draw something up today.

here is your answer http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...05#post3397505