View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a Fan Character Redesign Challenge?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. It could be fun

    16 64.00%
  • No. I have no interest

    7 28.00%
  • Maybe. Depends...

    2 8.00%
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Fan Character Redesign Challenge - Trying to gauge interest

  1. #1
    Born A Monster wolfsfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,275

    Fan Character Redesign Challenge - Trying to gauge interest

    Over in the Tuskador redesign challenge thread I posted an idea I had, the idea was to do a sort of sister challenge to the regular Redesign one only instead of any interested artist redesigning official characters "from the toylines, comics or cartoons), the idea is to instead redesign characters created by the fans (for example Wolfsfang by me, Bae-na by Baena or Ink-Shot by Doompuppet to name just three).

    This thread is simply to see if anyone would be interested in such a thing and for the original creators to give their approval (or disapproval) of their characters being choices in any future challenges (provided there is enough interest).

    So if you are interested please let me know (I figure I will give this thread a month or so to give people enough time to decide one way or the other) Oh and if you have any ideas for who the first character should be (if any) then also please post those.
    Last edited by wolfsfang; December 19, 2013 at 12:56pm.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

    and if you get the chance

    Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

  2. #2
    Court Magician Ihvthpwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    68
    I'm all for this and I even though I'm new to the org and haven't posted any of my own fan created characters yet I'd be interested to see some of the great artists of the org's takes on my own stuff.

    Check out my DA gallery: http://isterold.deviantart.com/

  3. #3
    Totally Dyslexic Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,669
    Yes, sounds like fun!

    A lot of those fan favorites are better known than some of the NA second wave characters or regional characters like Songster whom never heard of him as kid since i´m not from the U.S. or Scrollos from the U.K. comic fan mail pages or Anti He-Man from the german audio cassettes…to name a few.

    So, i think that´s a neat idea.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither


  4. #4
    Born A Monster wolfsfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,275
    Ya. I have seen his name a few times mentioned on the org but I still don't really know who Songster is or how he fits into MOTU.

    This idea will also allow those fan created characters that were criminally overlooked (normally because some famous org artist such as Gbagok has posted an awesome new pic and everyone is flocking to see that and ignoring all other things) a second chance at the limelight.

    One rule is that the original version of the fan character has to exist on the org (drawing, painting, custom fig...doesn't matter) prior to the challenge. So if this thing happens (and it is looking good) and you want any of your characters to be in the running for a future challenge (characters will probably be picked via poll just like the regular challenge) you better start getting them up now . Well okay you can post them when you like but until you do they can't be part of the challenge
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

    and if you get the chance

    Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA NOLA
    Posts
    819
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Ya. I have seen his name a few times mentioned on the org but I still don't really know who Songster is or how he fits into MOTU.

    This idea will also allow those fan created characters that were criminally overlooked (normally because some famous org artist such as Gbagok has posted an awesome new pic and everyone is flocking to see that and ignoring all other things) a second chance at the limelight.

    One rule is that the original version of the fan character has to exist on the org (drawing, painting, custom fig...doesn't matter) prior to the challenge. So if this thing happens (and it is looking good) and you want any of your characters to be in the running for a future challenge (characters will probably be picked via poll just like the regular challenge) you better start getting them up now . Well okay you can post them when you like but until you do they can't be part of the challenge



    Sounds great I'm in

  6. #6
    Born A Monster wolfsfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,275
    Great to hear Zombihamma-AI

    Oh and guys (and gals) don't forget to post your suggestions for who the first challenge should be.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

    and if you get the chance

    Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA NOLA
    Posts
    819
    Well as it's your idea, let's do one of yours

  8. #8
    Born A Monster wolfsfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Well as it's your idea, let's do one of yours
    Well if I do end up choosing the first one it will probably be Wolfsfang...the character, not me
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

    and if you get the chance

    Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

  9. #9
    Widget
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    22
    So Tuskador is a fan created character? Sorry if I sound dumb, just new and not sure.

  10. #10
    Born A Monster wolfsfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,275
    No he is an official one from the new adventures series. The regular redesign challenge is for redesigning official motu characters, my proposal is for doing the same thing for fan created characters
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

    and if you get the chance

    Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

  11. #11
    Born A Monster wolfsfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,275
    Well the results are in and so it looks like we may be giving the Fan Character Redesign Contest a try (to see how well it does) so watch this space.

    Oh and for all of you that said "NO" I hope you reconsider after all it is just a bit of fun
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

    and if you get the chance

    Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

  12. #12
    Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Neuthonian Suburbs
    Posts
    2,558
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Well the results are in and so it looks like we may be giving the Fan Character Redesign Contest a try (to see how well it does) so watch this space.

    Oh and for all of you that said "NO" I hope you reconsider after all it is just a bit of fun
    who are we doing, i will draw something up today.

  13. #13
    Born A Monster wolfsfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,275
    Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    who are we doing, i will draw something up today.

    here is your answer http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...05#post3397505
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

    and if you get the chance

    Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •