Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe - A New Vision

For instance, in a world where there are laser guns, why would anyone ever decide to use a sword? Outside of a person like He-Man, who has special skills and a special sword, no one would use these melee weapons. So realistically, warriors wouldnít use both of these weapon types (as is the case in our world, after all, whenís the last time we saw a marine charge into battle with an axe?). Issues such as these, as well as personal preferences, led to the ground rules which follow.
    I don't understand your train of thought. Ofcourse people would still use melee weapons in a world with laser blasters. Why? Well lasers are only light, and light can be reflected. So using a blaster against someone with great skill would be futile, and if you're locked in hand to hand combat with someone, a few melee weapons at your disposal would probably work better than a blaster.

In the vast world of Eternia, He-Man is not the only one with special skills. Infact I would like to think of He-man as rather clumsy with his sword. I'm sure there are many great beings in Eternia who could top him in swordsmanship.

Its great that you both have your own vision of MOTU, but it seems to me that while in cutting out what you don't like, you're stripping MOTU of some really important elements.

Look it is very simple. Neither me or Darth like the Tech. This is our vision...hence no Tech. If we just kept everything from the old MOTUs there would be very little point in any of this as we would just be making yet another carbon copy
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Widget
    This is amazing guys. Keep up the great work with everything and I hope more great story tellers join your cause. I especially liked the small part about Adam never being given pink ever again, classic.

Good luck with RM, Man-E, Trapjaw, and other that have distinct tech abilities. I did like what was done with Triklops though. I will be following along as much as I can.

Everyone has their own vision of how things should be.

In my little world Adam/Teela have a relationship. Nate and I both agree that Adam becomes he-Man and Teela the new Sorceress an they rule from Greyskull.

In my version Trike is a troubled warrior with his own view of whats right and wrong. he is essentially good, but struggles. Eventually he wll break free of Skeletor. Evil Lyn, in myown twisted version, has teh hots for Trike, which made for some interesting stories back in the day

There are some who think these ideas are horrid. Others who think they are spiffy. To each their own. I say do what ya like. The fanfic forum, and the .org has always been a place where people can share ideas and support each other.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Everyone has their own vision of how things should be.

There are some who think these ideas are horrid. Others who think they are spiffy. To each their own. I say do what ya like. The fanfic forum, and the .org has always been a place where people can share ideas and support each other.
    I totally agree. In my world, Skeletor rules with an iron fist.

Seriously though, I think there is always room for different versions. Look at the Transformers movie for example and don't get me started on Resident Evil. Not everyone is gonna be happy. If we were to cater for the kids today, there seems to be a formula thats works. Young kids, 2 guys and a girl. Its really odd.

So you can have young versions of Man-At-Arms, He-Man and Teela fighting an intergalactic warlord known as Skeletor if ya wish.

Anyways I'm going off track.

Will you guys offer some illustrated visions of your new versions of characters?
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post

Will you guys offer some illustrated visions of your new versions of characters?
    I'd love to, but I don't have any artistic abilities so I can't. Wolf might, although I haven't spoken to him about it.

In some cases when I write a bio I have a redesign or sketch in mind, based on what I have already seen on the org. In those cases I will be contacting the artists and asking if they are okay if I use the images they have posted elsewhere, or even just a link to the thread with the image in it, to show the readers what I am picturing.

I'm not sure either. I don't feel very artistic at the moment...hence the lack of new threads / posts in the fan art forum

Co-Creator of the NV
    This is the first of a series of Etherian bios. We're aiming to have the next 4 or 5 bios be about the Rebellion in Etheria and their enemies, one of which will be a much asked for character, and after that's started and we've go the general feel down we'll be putting the rest of the rebellion up for "adoption".

Light Hope

Over 2000 years before the birth of Prince Adam, there was a boy named Tavian born on Etheria. During the time before Hordak, there was a holy order of magic using priests that existed. This order would test very young children for magical ability. Those with the requisite amount of raw talent would be taken away from their parents and placed into a school where they would be taught how to use their talents.

The school trained the young mages from an early age to hone their skills so that they could someday serve the people of Etheria. Some of the mages would end up in the priesthood and train the following generation, while most would become healers. The best of the students, one who had portrayed both an immense amount of magical talent as well as true kindness and wisdom would become the personal advisor to the king.

From a young age Tavian proved to be an extremely talented sorceror. His understanding of the magical arts was far beyond that of his classmates and even some of his teachers, however he never acted as if he was different or more special than the other students. Tavian’s humility and quiet nature caused people to be drawn to him, seeking out his approval. No one was surprised when King Horden appointed Tavian to be his personal advisor. On this day, he was given the name Light Hope. The name derived from the inner light that people saw within him and the hope that he instilled in others.

For many years Light Hope faithfully served Horden. Light Hope was even named godfather to Horden’s second son, Hordak. Watching Horden’s children, Light Hope saw the joy and wonder within Lumina and Jaren, but was saddened and disturbed by the darkness within Hordak. Hordak was born with what appeared to be an innately evil character, psychotic and cruel. No matter what Light Hope did, his magicks could not help curb Hordak’s sickness. Eventually, on the advice of Light Hope, Horden decreed that Hordak would be confined to the Crystal Castle, under constant guard.

Over the next few years, Light Hope seldom saw Hordak but wished the best for him. Eventually the day of Prince Jaren’s coronation came and it started off as a joyous day for all. But the joy of that day swiftly came to an end when Hordak made his move, destroying the royal family and taking power for himself. He then imprisoned Light Hope in a hidden cell where he was given a magic mirror that would force him to see the destruction of Etheria.

Soon after Hordak had taken over Etheria, he abolished the priesthood that had created Light Hope and destroyed their school. Light Hope was forced to watch as the teacher and students were butchered and left for the vultures, completely incapable of aiding them. He then saw Hordak performing his next atrocity, which was enslaving the strong Etherians and forcing them to join his army, while killing the weak.

A number of years after Hordak conquered Etheria, he left to invade Eternia. His absence lasted much longer than any would’ve suspected, due to his being banished to Despondos. Light Hope had not determined a way to contact the outside world, but he was able to see that a distant arm of Hordak’s family had seized power and was in the process of rebuilding Etheria. Knowing that Hordak would someday find a way to return, Light Hope put himself into a magical trance that he would only awaken from on the day of Hordak’s return.

For nearly two millennia, Light Hope slumbered, but eventually he was awoken by the return of Hordak to Etheria. Once more Hordak took power and set out to turn Etheria’s inhabitants into mindless drones that could be used to rebuild his army. Once again, Hordak left Etheria to invade Eternia, but Light Hope knew that he would return. Light Hope set out to determine a way to contact the outside world so that he could build a team to combat the Horde.

After three decades, Hordak returned to Etheria, once more having been banished from Eternia. This time he was unable to return, so Light Hope knew that it was important the he learn how to contact the outside world. After decades of attempts and experimentation, Light Hope was finally able to project his astral form outside of his cell. Although Light Hope could speak to others, he had no idea how to determine his own location, so there was no hope for a release.

Light Hope was determined to regain the throne for Queen Angella. Scanning the land he found a group that he felt would be capable of creating a capable rebellion. He found a young woman named Castaspella who was a talented young spell-caster and a young female Andreenid named Sweet Bee. Next he found an excellent archer with a noble heart named Bow and a roguish pirate and thief named Sea Hawk. He then found a woman named Frosta, once a queen who had seen her people destroyed by the Horde. Light Hope then found a wise owl-like creature named Kowl. Most importantly, Light Hope found the leaders of the rebellion. One was a young, yet powerful mage whom he named Sha-Man and the other was Skaldor, an Etherian who had stumbled onto a magical sword that granted him great powers, the powers.

By using his astral form, Light Hope spent a number of years training Sha-Man and Skaldor in the use of their powers, also helping Castaspella further hone her skills. With their help he organized the rebellion that would fight the evil Horde. After a few years, Sha-Man sensed a creature that he felt might be able to help him find Light Hope’s location. This creature was a sight sprite named Loo-Kee. Loo-Kee had a unique power which allowed others to see any place in Etheria, just by looking into his eyes. Having convinced Loo-Kee to aid the rebellion, Sha-Man and Castaspella used their magic in conjunction with Loo-Kee’s skills to find Light Hope. In a daring attack, planned by Sha-Man, the rebellion was able to find Light Hope and together they broke the magical spells that had imprisoned him for all these years. While escaping, Loo-Kee fell behind, but his absence was not noticed until it was too late to return. The following day, Loo-Kee was publicly executed.

For the first time in centuries, Light Hope is free. His freedom came at a price that while painful, was well worth it in the end. Now, with the rebellion, he sets out to destroy the Horde one and for all.

Edit:

For the purposes of visualization, what I always pictured Light Hope as is the design that bootleg created for Predabot's 76th redesign challenge, which you can see here -- http://home.att.net/~bootleg/lighthopeweb.jpg . His picture was made entirely independent of our vision of MOTU, but I loved his rendition of LH and from that point onwards my mental image of Light Hope was what he had drawn.
    Last edited by Darth Latveria; October 31, 2007 at 02:10pm.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I totally agree. In my world, Skeletor rules with an iron fist.

Seriously though, I think there is always room for different versions. Look at the Transformers movie for example and don't get me started on Resident Evil. Not everyone is gonna be happy. If we were to cater for the kids today, there seems to be a formula thats works. Young kids, 2 guys and a girl. Its really odd.

So you can have young versions of Man-At-Arms, He-Man and Teela fighting an intergalactic warlord known as Skeletor if ya wish.

Anyways I'm going off track.

I'd love to illustrate the Enforcers and Avathar, but my artistic sklls have atrophied severely since high school LOL Not sure I have the patience anymore
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Heroic Warrior
    If no She-Ra - there shouldnt be an Etheria -- I like the Eternia and Infinitia planets that were forshadowed before any filmation watered it down.

I dont currently own the comic but going from memory, skeletor dominated Infinitia and knew to become the Master of the Universe - he needed to conquer Eternia.

Despondos - still too new to me --

Orko should be crossed out.

I liked teela and the unicorn charger duking it out with everyone. I hope something develops there. I always liked how skeletor knew how dangerous the charger was and he would knock it out early in the game or keep it separated from teela.

Thank you for killing lookee - hordak should poison that race and turn them into kobolds.

I would convince you to have she-ra ..... but that would take a lot of convincing.

No earth is alright ... .explain the story of marlena glen or go from the mini where heman just came out of nowhere.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    If no She-Ra - there shouldnt be an Etheria -- I like the Eternia and Infinitia planets that were forshadowed before any filmation watered it down.

I dont currently own the comic but going from memory, skeletor dominated Infinitia and knew to become the Master of the Universe - he needed to conquer Eternia.
    Your memory of that minicomic is correct. Neither of us are big fans of that story though and we like the idea of Skeletor being Keldor, and Keldor being Randor's bro, which originated in the later mini-comics and then was used to a certain extent on the MYP show.

Despondos - still too new to me --
    We're big MYP fans and Despondos worked nicely because we needed a timeless dimension.

Orko should be crossed out.
    We kinda like orko... although we hate his past characterizations. We think the basic idea hs potential, whih is why we kept him around.

I liked teela and the unicorn charger duking it out with everyone. I hope something develops there. I always liked how skeletor knew how dangerous the charger was and he would knock it out early in the game or keep it separated from teela.
    I have no idea who/what the unicorn charger is.

Thank you for killing lookee - hordak should poison that race and turn them into kobolds.

I would convince you to have she-ra ..... but that would take a lot of convincing.
    You're welcome. I quite enjoyed killing him

As for She-Ra.. ya, that's a lot of convincing.

No earth is alright ... .explain the story of marlena glen or go from the mini where heman just came out of nowhere.
    Not sure if you've read the earlier bios, but both Adam and Marlena's origins have been touched on. Adam is still the son of Randor and Marlena. Actually, Adam's bio is probably the closest to the classic/MYP versions of all the bios we've done so far.

As for Marlena, she and the rest of the Royal Family are quickly covered in the Keldor/Skeletor bio. Basically she was part of the Eternian nobility (or was it aristocracy, I can't remember the term we used) who had a marriage arranged with Randor.

Co-Creator of the NV

Visualization of Characters

Earlier we were asked if we were going to be adding art to the concepts. Wolf said that for the time being he wouldn't be adding any, but it did lead us to talk about it a bit.

We're both big MYP fans, so for the most part one can assume that the characters will look like their MYP counterparts. For instance, He-Man, Skeletor and Hordak are completely based on MYP designs. However, I loathe the MYP power sword and I don't like the classic one either, so it would be nice if someone redesigned the sword, but that is a pretty small detail.

When it comes to technological characters, there will generally be a number of changes to them if they're used. For instance, Man-At-Arms would look quite different in our vision, but there isn't currently a version of him out there that would suit our needs. For those characters, for the time being we don't have any plans to get them drawn up, but we'd appreciate it if someone wanted to give it a go.

Finally, there are some characters where we simply prefer a fan's version of. For instance, I love bootleg's version of Light Hope (which was created for the purpose of the Predabot's 76th Redesign Challenge). In instances such as this, I will contact the artists and ask permission to link to their images to give the readers an idea of what I have in mind.

Movie mayhem!
    She-ra isn't tech, she-ra is hot, adora is hot, adora as force captain is awesome, etheria seems stupid without she-ra.

My point? Where is she-ra! ;-)

As for Orko... i can't decide about him. Part of me thinks he should die... but out o fall the things average people remember, they remember tan he-man, they remember orko and the green cat.

SHADOW WEAVER

Lumina, princess of Etheria, was too young to remember that her homeland had once been a peaceful place. Her brother Hordak had brutally slain their family and friends in a bloodsoaked coup that made him Prime of Etheria when she was only three years old.

Hordak had spared his sister his wrath, not out of love, but because he sensed that she too had a natural affinity for magic, her aura seemed to ďsingĒ to him when he was casting his terrible spells. He had decided there and then that she would be raised as a loyal servant who would do as he commanded without a second thought.

As she grew up in the care of her brother she was taught much of the dark arts by him. However he was careful enough not to teach her so much that she would one day grow more powerful than him. Hordak also cleverly erased any kind of imagination from his young sister. This meant that she could not create or mix spells, only able to do ones that she was taught and in the manner they were shown to her. This was in stark contrast to Hordak. His vile mind was able to combine spells and even use his vast knowledge of how magic works to create and enhance his magical repertoire.

Despite her natural magical abilities Lumina seemed to be taking too long for her power to grow to a level Hordak deemed suitable to serve him. He thought that putting her in a magically induced trance / suspended animation for a few years would giver her natural abilities time to grow on their own.

So just before Hordak travelled to Eternia for the first time he put his sister in a trance and left her in the same cave that he had discovered the Tome of Dark Magic all those years ago, frozen in time to allow her magic aura to grow undisturbed. He was not to know that he would be gone longer than he had expected.

It was two thousand years later when Hordak returned to Etheria. After he had reclaimed his throne he made his way back down to the hidden cave. He discovered Lumina still in her trance, her aura now almost a match for his in terms of power. Now Hordak thought she was strong enough to serve him.

To add one last insult to injury he instructed her to put on a flowing red robe, her face hidden in the impossibly deep shadows of the hood, her beauty hidden forever in the darkness. Because her face was hidden in the shadows of her hood and because she practiced the dark arts, Hordak gave her the codename

Shadow Weaver

Co-Creator of the NV
    We will on occasion post fan created characters who fit well in our vision. This is the first of those characters, created by Patreek who was gracious enough to let us use him for the purposes of our New Vision.

Skaldor

Created by Patreek
    Bio by Darth Latveria

In Etheria there was a small sect of people who worshipped the power of the Crystal Castle. The castle had once been the home of the royal family, but since Hordak’s reign began it was the centre of the Fright Zone. However, no one knew who or what had created the castle, and it was rumored that it’s origins were mystical in nature. There was a further belief that within it there was a weapon of great power, but it would only reveal itself in a time of great need, to a person who was pure of heart and soul.

In 11 BPA, Eddic was born into this sect and he was deemed to be the chosen one, the one who would someday find the Sword of Elements. Throughout his childhood he was trained to be the future protector of Etheria, learning both the arts of war as well as the way of peace. Special care was taken to ensure that Eddic’s heart and soul remained pure, that he was a man of great virtue and humility. When Eddic turned 18 he was told that the time had come for him to leave his people. The leaders of the sect said that they would leave him on his own, cutting off all ties, ensuring that the Horde could never use them as leverage against their champion. Eddic left the snowy lands he had grown up in, taking one of the tribe’s sled dogs as his sole companion.

The Fright Zone is a place that only the bravest souls will enter. Even after all the years of Eddic’s training, he was still uneasy about entering. Eddic knew that he would have to remain quiet and stealthy, because any attention would lead to his quickly being overrun with Horde troops. Slowly making his way to the castle, he suddenly heard a voice in his mind. Standing still he saw a shimmering, ethereal form appear. Before him stood the astral projection of a man in white robes, with golden wings. The apparition then spoke, introducing himself as Light Hope. Eddic had heard of Light Hope, remembering stories that his people had passed down of a powerful sorcerer from before the time of Hordak, but up until then he had thought that Light Hope was a myth. Light Hope then told Eddic that he in fact was the one destined to use the Sword of Elements, and that he would someday help lead a rebellion against the Horde, in conjunction with Light Hope’s other student, a man named Sha-Man. Light Hope then guided Eddic to the Crystal Castle, helping him avoid roaming bands of Horde troops. A further difficulty arose when nearing the Crystal Castle, because the castle had been magically hidden. Long ago Hordak had decided that it would be prudent to hide his base of powers from others, so to further trouble the few that would have the bravery to enter the Fright Zone; he hid the castle as well. Light Hope was able to use his magic to allow Skaldor to see the through Hordak’s illusions, allowing him to find the castle.

Sneaking into the castle, Light Hope guided Eddic towards what appeared to be a dead end. Then to Eddic’s amazement, a portal opened up which he was told to walk through. Walking through the portal, Eddic found himself in an ornately designed chamber, with a wondrous sword at the center. Picking up the sword, Eddic became Skaldor, champion of Etheria. His dog was then transformed into Garmroar, a large, powerful and faithful steed.

Over the next few years Skaldor trained with Light Hope’s astral projection, learning how to use his powers. Then he and Sha-Man formed the rebellion and their exploits, such as the freeing of Light Hope, have since become legend.

Powers and Appearance

To learn about Skaldor's amazing powers, click here -- http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=152074 -- to go to Patreek's thread introducing Skaldor to the board. There is some mre also phenomenal art therein.

Last edited by Darth Latveria; November 5, 2007 at 03:38am.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Grizzlor, Mantenna and Leech

In the time of King Horden, the Etherian Army was the pride of the land. For centuries the people had been in pace, but Horden felt it was wise to continue to have a powerful army, because he knew that threats may someday arise. Unfortunately, Horden could never have guessed that the threat that would eventually destroy him, would come from his very home.

King Horden had three generals whom he utterly trusted. The first was Gahnak, a man who had been born into a poor Etherian family, but who had managed to rapidly rise through the ranks of the Etherian army. Gahnak was a very loyal to the royal family, but his greatest flaw was his terrible temper. It was said that in battle he was like a wild animal, incredibly strong and feral. Horden’s next general was a man named Leero. Many of the members of the royal court, and even many of the other military leaders, felt that Leero didn’t deserve to be a general. Leero wasn’t spectacularly talented, nor was he very hard working. However, he was charming and many viewed him as the consummate suck-up, frequently using others to get what he wanted. Many women even went so far as to calling him slimy, due to his smarmy ways. Finally, there was Mantel. Mantel had started off in the Etherian Intelligence services and due to his excellent conduct he was eventually promoted to a general in the Etherian Army, heading their intelligence services.

In the months leading up to Prince Jaren’s coronation, Hordak planned his rise to power. He knew that it was of the utmost importance to wipe out his family, leaving himself directly in line to the throne. Hordak suspected that his little sister, Lumina, might have some mystical talents of her own, but until the coronation he wouldn’t have an opportunity to determine what her potential was.

It occurred to Hordak that there would be two primary threats to his power. The first was the sect of priests that had trained Light Hope as well as many other mages throughout Etheria, while the latter was the Etherian Army. The former he knew he could simply destroy, once he had done away with Light Hope. He had already created the spells and magical wards that he would need to trap and de-power Light Hope. However, destroying the Etherian military would not be so simple. Furthermore, Hordak knew that the military would actually be very valuable to him if he could control it. That is when Hordak decided that to control the Etherian Army, he must first cut off its head.

Hordak had long known how to move cloak his movements from the watchful eyes of the castle guards, as well as Light Hope. Over the next few weeks, Hordak would leave his chambers and sneak into the quarters of the top three Etherian generals. During these nights, he would use his magic to delve into the minds of the generals, learning all he could about the make-up and power of the military. He would also feed them various magical herbs and potions, while also performing forbidden mystical spells and incantations on them. Hordak knew that all this preparation would pay off on the day he took power from his family.

On the day of Jaren’s coronation, Hordak struck and the story of how his family was vaporized has since gone down in legend. He then turned his attention to the three generals and with a wave of the hand, they transformed into monsters. Hordak knew that he could affect massive changes on the generals, increasing their power and bending them to his will, but that level of change required months of preparation. This is why he had spent those nights with the generals, using his magic to slowly change them, preparing them for the final metamorphosis which he planned to initiate at the coronation.

Hordak had a sense of irony to him, so he decided to ensure that the generals change into creatures that represented their inner selves. Gahnak turned into a hulking, fur covered beast named Grizzlor, a creature of great strength and ferocity. Grizzlor’s intelligence was fairly limited, but he did retain the basic ability to speak. Leero, always having been a leech of sorts, now became a true leech, which was also the name he was given. Leech’s hands were similar to suction cups, allowing him to drain the energy out of his opponents, leaving them exhausted or dead. Finally, Mantel was turned into Mantenna. Always being a spy by nature, his form now embodied it. Mantenna had eyes that could raise out of their sockets, similar a periscope. Furthermore, he now had a form of telescopic vision, as well as the ability to see in the dark.

With the generals now in his thrall, Hordak had quickly taken control of the military’s command. Some of the remaining military commanders challenged his power, but they were quickly made examples of. Hordak then used the military to decimate the school that had produced Light Hope, utterly destroying most of the magical knowledge held in Etheria by others outside of himself.

Nowadays, Grizzlor feels most comfortable in the Etherian wilderness. He prefers to avoid civilization, no longer feeling a part of it, and he tends to be happiest amongst wild animals. However, Grizzlor is always ready for when Hordak needs him next. Due to Leech’s unique physiology, he prefers to spend his time in the swamps within the Fright Zone. Mantenna has found himself a new position as a lookout and scout for Hordak’s forces. All the generals are magically forced to follow Hordak, their wills having been bent to his, but Mantenna is the only one who doesn’t harbor any resentment over his new form. Mantenna thrives on the increased sensory information and enjoys his position within the Horde.

Last edited by Darth Latveria; November 2, 2007 at 10:52pm.

SHE-RA

Born in a small Etherian village just east of Brightmoon, the girl named Adora Gwildolynn was said to have been born under a strange luck star. From birth she had always been a clumsy and awkward person. If there was something to trip over she would fall, else if there was something to break...she would accidentally smash it to pieces. The strange part of this was that a lot of the time these “lucky mishaps” actually worked in her favor.

This occurred in the strangest of ways. If she fell face first in the mud she may find a valuable piece of jewellery hidden in the muck adhered to her face, or knock over a vase and find something that she had lost long ago.

As she grew up her parents would often tell her stories of the great Etherian warrior princess with strength, beauty and abilities to rival the guards and who stood against the tyrants who would seek to do the good people of Etheria harm. And, like all children, Adora along with her faithful horse. Swift Wind. acted out many the many adventures of the legendary warrior...She-Ra.

Then one day, when she was older, her parents had asked her to go plant seeds in the far field of their farm. They wanted to set up a surprise party for her birthday and they thought that planting seeds would be a safe place for a girl as clumsy and inept as she was.

Adora was half way finished when she heard the screams echoing across the fields. In shock horror she ran home. She found it in total ruins, her family dead. The only clue as to what had happened was a broken Horde Bat Symbol. She ran to the village for help but everyone was too afraid of the Horde, they did not even acknowledge that such a terrible thing had occurred.

Realising that the others of her village would not do anything Adora decided to take matters into her own hands. So in the dead of night she sneaked carefully over to the village armory in order to take what she would need to avenge her family. She waited at the door until she was sure it was safe to enter...then slowly opened the door... Tripping on the doorstep, she fell into a waiting guard, her head banging into his and knocking him out cold. Luckily for Adora all her years of hitting her head had made it quite resilient to injury.

Choosing a sword and the most ornate female warrior armor she could find, a little white number with a skirt so short that it could easily be mistaken for belt, she finally looked like she was ready to kick Horde tail. With a mighty leap she vaulted toward Swift Wind...she pulled herself up out the dirt and climbed on more carefully.

Naturally all this commotion had brought all the villagers out of their homes. They were shocked by the sight of the clumsy Adora in battle armor stating that she was off to join the rebellion and fight against the Horde. Shocked but pleased. Despite fearing repercussions from the Horde they wished her well and even offered her food to take on her journey.

Adora and Swift Wind headed in the direction of the Whispering Woods, a place known by the good people of Etheria as being the main strong hold for the rebellion. It was said that the mystic power of their leader, Sha-Man, made it impossible for evil doers to locate them. But she had a pure heart so she knew that she would have no problem in that respect.

Eventually after almost a week of searching she found a small rebellion out post. There she was introduced to the woman loving Bow and the mysterious and powerful Skaldor. She told them her story and why she wished to join the rebellion. When they asked what she called herself...she said...She-Ra.

Her first official act as a member of the rebellion was to stand guard on one of the small guard towers. A task which seemed easy enough to Bow when he had suggested it. All was going well until the small harmless spider decided to walk by Adora's...oops sorry I mean She-Ra's hand. Falling down in a dead faint, she knocked over a lit torch onto someones head. In turn this person knocked over a pile of barrels filled with flammable oil.

To cut a long story short..three quarters of the rebellion outpost was lost to fire. Thankfully nobody was hurt. The next day She-Ra found herself alone in the middle of a desolate wasteland that had been consumed by fire. A small note by her side read

“We tried to wake you but you would not budge. We had to leave on an important mission.

Do you think she bought it? No you fool you are not supposed to write that par...”

Calling for her horse Swift Wind, who was hiding in the woods. She-Ra set out once more in search of the rebellion. Unfortunately for them...she seemed quite adept at finding them.

- When she does actually get into battle She-Ra likes to impress her foes with all the fighting skills that she possesses...which is to say...none at all. A newborn baby could beat her in a fair fight. Luckily for She-Ra she has that strange luck of hers. The most famous example of this was when she found herself surrounded by archers. They had formed a tight circle around her and it looked hopeless. Just as the order to fire was shouted she tripped on a rock...well considering they were stood in a circle it does not take a genius to understand what happened next.
    Last edited by wolfsfang; November 2, 2007 at 11:46pm.

Movie mayhem!
    well... at least she's still in it?

I found this clumsy part a bit funny. Reminded me of the character Mihoshi (tenchi fans know who I am talking about)

Quote Originally Posted by thor View Post
    I found this clumsy part a bit funny. Reminded me of the character Mihoshi (tenchi fans know who I am talking about)
    Heh thanks, that was the idea...to find her funny. Still this does not mean we have finished with She-Ra...not saying there is more to come...there just might be.

Co-Creator of the NV
    This is the last of the Etherian series of bios. Eventually we'll likely touch back on Etheria, with a few rebel bios and whatnot, but for the time being we're going to avoid Etheria because we've been pretty disappointed with the lack of responses. Anyways, on to the second leader of the rebellion, Sha-Man.

Sha-Man

Created by Darth Latveria and Wolfsfang
    Bio by Darth Latveria

Jared was born into a tribe of Etherian mystics who believed in living as one with the land and nature. He was born in 9 BPA. His people felt that any actions that hurt nature were wrong and should be avoided. His people were pacifists who didn’t believe in violent confrontations. Due to their relatively unobtrusive nature, his tribe was generally ignored by the Horde. However, their time of peace came to an end when Hordak returned in 2 BPA. Enraged by his second failed invasion attempt of Eternia, Hordak set out and wiped out a number of groups, including Jared’s tribe.

From a distance Jared’s mother saw the approaching Horde troops, led by Grizzlor. Knowing that this was the end of the tribe, Jared quickly dug a hole that she placed her son Jared in, and then covered him with a blanket and a thin layer of dirt. She told Jared to not make a sound or move, regardless of the sounds he heard. Over the next hour, Jared heard the horrific screams of his family and tribe being butchered. Lying in the dark for what seemed to be an eternity, Jared waited for the noise to stop. After there had been a few hours of silence, Jared crept out of his hole. Looking around, he saw that there was nothing left. The campsite had been burned to the ground and the corpses of his people were scattered across the ground. Falling to the ground, in front of his mother’s body, he burst into tears, feeling utterly helpless. Then a voice appeared in his mind and he looked up and saw what appeared to be the shimmering form of a man with beautiful golden wings. The man was introduced himself as Light Hope and he said that the boy was destined for great things. He told the boy that he had the most powerful magical potential of any of the children on Etheria and that he would someday help lead the rebellion that would overthrow Hordak.

Over the next few years, Light Hope taught the boy how to hide himself from the Horde and harness his magical potential. Although Jared understood violence would be needed to defeat the Horde, due to his strongly pacifistic beliefs, Jared refused to learn magic that could be used to hurt others. Jared was a magical prodigy, learning how to magically enhance his senses so that he had the hearing of a bat, the sense of smell of a bloodhound and the sight of an eagle. He could use his magical skills to hide himself and others from Horde scouts, heal injuries and create illusions. Over time, he even gained the power to converse with animals.

When Jared was 20, he took the name Sha-Man and was there when the rebellion was formed. Sha-Man formed a close bond with Light Hope’s other pupil, a warrior named Skaldor. Sha-Man and Skaldor teamed up with a number of Etherian rebels and began to wage war on the Horde. Over the next few years, victories were few and far between, but there were times of hope that helped reaffirm their beliefs in what they were doing.

When Sha-Man was 22, he found a creature called Loo-Kee. Loo-Kee was a mystical creature called a sight sprite that could show others any place on Etheria. Together they were able to determine Light Hope’s location.

Light Hope was being held captive in the basement of a long forgotten fortress. There weren’t many guards on the outside, so as to not arouse suspicion. Bow shot quickly shot them down. Using Sha-Man’s magic, Skaldor, Sea-Hawk, Castaspella and Loo-Kee were able to quietly sneak into the fortress. Loo-Kee came along to help them see ahead and avoid any traps.

Finding Light Hope’s cell, they opened the door and for the first time in centuries, Light Hope was physically in the presence of others. Light Hope, together with Castaspella and Sha-Man, focused their energies into breaking Hordak’s magical barrier that had trapped Light Hope in place for so long. With a blinding light, the barrier was shattered and Light Hope was free. Without any warning, the room started flooding with Hordak’s warriors. Although there were few troops in the fortress, there was a magical portal that was set to open if Light Hope ever escaped. That barrier had opened and countless troops had swarmed through.

Fighting their way through waves of troops, the party of rebels were able to escape the fortress. Once outside, Light Hope was able to draw on Sha-Man’s and Castaspella’s strengths used their combined power to teleport them to safety. The mages fell to the ground, exhausted from the terrible exertion. Bow looked around and noticed that something was amiss. Loo-Kee was not there. He’d fallen behind during the escape and had been captured. The mages didn’t have the energy to teleport back and even if they did, there was no way to defeat all the troops that had swarmed the fortress. Sadly, Loo-Kee was executed the following day.

Over the next few years, the rebellion grew in size, adding a number of rank and file soldiers to their mist. A girl named Unicra, a member of the Unicorians joined. A wise owl-like creature named Kowl joined, but was sadly cut down in battle. There was even a strange and clumsy girl named She-Ra who wished to join, but the rebellion simply couldn’t allow her to join, due to the terrible calamities that befell those around her. Today Sha-Man, Skaldor and the rest still fight a war against the Horde. They are no longer children playing a man’s game, they are battle hardened warriors waging a war for survival.
    Last edited by Darth Latveria; November 5, 2007 at 03:39am.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Evil Lyn

Evelyn grew up in an orphanage, on the outskirts of Eternos. Her early years were spent in misery. Later on, having stolen her records from the orphanage, she learnt that they knew very little about her past. A man had dropped her off, in the year 18 BPA, when she was between the ages of 5 and 7. No one was sure when exactly she was born, and she herself had no memory of her past prior to the orphanage. Evelyn spent a long time trying to remember the time before the orphanage, but all she could remember was shadows.

The orphanage was designed to house a dozen children, but over the years it had ballooned to over twenty children. Not having enough beds for the children to sleep in, the younger children were forced to sleep in beds together and when they got older, some of the kids would have to sleep on the cold, hard floors.

Bullying was a constant in the orphanage. The bigger kids would naturally prey on the smaller ones, forcing them to do their chores. The orphanage was under funded, so there was never enough food. The smallest kids suffered the most because of this, because the bullies would take most of their food, barely leaving them enough food to survive. The people who ran the orphanage couldnít be bothered to put a stop to the abuse, so it continued as a vicious cycle. It was in this environment that the girl who would someday grow up to be Evil Lyn was formed.

Evelyn was a thin little girl, constantly the victim of abuse from the bullies. One day, when she was nearing the age of 10, she was in the kitchen, required to help cook the dayís soup. A bully, one of the older teenagers in the orphanage, came into the kitchen and tried to force her into giving him extra food. The boy came up to her, and grabbed hold of her collar, attempting to intimidate her. Fed up from years of abuse, she kneed the boy in the groin and shoved his hand into the pot of boiling food. The boy screamed in agony, so Evelyn slammed him across the face with a meat tenderizer, shutting him up. The boy fell to the ground unconscious and for the first time in her life, Evelyn felt empowered. The next day, another bully attempted to torment Evelyn, and he too had a terrible ďaccidentĒ. From that point onwards, the children were too afraid of Evelyn to give her any more troubles and started to refer to her as Evil Lyn.

Evil Lyn became more and more brazen as she got older, sneaking into the forbidden rooms of the orphanage. There was a storage room that was said to have various knick knacks and things that had come with the children. The owners had long since sold anything of value, so what was left was junk. Looking through the various chests, Evil Lyn came across a number of broken toys, old and ratty clothes and damaged story books. Looking through the various books, most of which were garbage, she came across a large, leather bound book. Opening the book up, she noticed that the pages within appeared to be very old parchment. Oddly enough, the book also smelled awful. Flipping through the book, Evil Lyn noticed that the pages appeared to be written in gibberish. Curiously though, the more she looked at it, the more the symbols and letters began to make sense.

Sneaking the book out of the room, Evil Lyn left the house and brought the book with her into a field. She spent the rest of the day reading it, slowly making sense of what it contained. It appeared to have a list of spells and instructions on how to use them, telling her the incantations and hand movements required to harness mystical energies. Over the next couple of years, every day Evil Lyn would sneak off into the fields with the book, reading until sunset and then hiding the book in the tool shed at night. Within a few months she was able to use simple fire spells, allowing her to fling weak balls of fire at things. She also learnt some basic magic, such as illumination spells, low level electrical bursts and even some weak telekinetic abilities. In time her skills improved so that she could also use some immobilization magic, testing her skills on small animals. The owners of the orphanage never cared what she did, as her chores were always done on time. They likely knew that she was forcing the other kids to do them, but they didnít seem to care as long as the work got done.

In the year 9 BPA, when Evil Lyn was between 14 and 16 years of age, she ran away from the orphanage, feeling that her skills had peaked. She had learnt everything that the book of spells had to teach her, so her only hope for future improvement lay outside of the orphanage. Setting the book of spells on fire, so that no one else would ever learn the lessons within, she set out into the night.

Evil Lyn spent the next few months traveling the countryside, using her abilities to steal supplies as necessary. When coming across a library, she would break in during the evening and search through its contents, stealing any books that might be of use to her studies and then destroying them when she was done. In 7 BPA, she met an old man who claimed to be a powerful wizard. The man offered to teach her what he knew. Her curiosity piqued, she agreed to go to the old manís house. She soon learnt that he was nothing more than a lecherous charlatan, having very little magical skill. Tiring of his repeated sexual advances, Evil Lyn showed him what real magic was, burning him from the inside out. Now alone in the manís house, she searched through his belongings and to her surprise, she found that he had a number of powerful books on magic that he had apparently never taken the time to learn. She also came across a staff, with a large crystal orb on top. Inspecting the staff, she saw that it was some sort of ancient artifact, containing an immense amount of mystical power. Evil Lyn always wondered how the old man had come across such wondrous things, but wonder as she might, she never could find out.

Evil Lyn spent the next few months living in the manís house, reading his books and learning the lessons that were within. One day she heard a creaking noise in another room of the house. Using her mystical abilities to enhance her senses, Evil Lyn felt the auras of a regular man, a beastlike creature and something that seemed much like a man, but was somewhat different.

Stepping into the room, she raised her staff and blasted the hideous gray-skinned creature, smashing him through the window. To her surprise, the gray skinned continued to scream in agony, even after the bright flash of the attack faded away. Evil Lyn then dodged a sword swipe, from the bald skinned human, and brought her staff up into his groin, causing him to fall to the ground, gasping for air. Turning around, Evil Lyn saw a large, anthropomorphic beast charging at her. Pointing her staff at the creature, she summoned all her mystical skills into the most powerful blast she could muster. The energy slammed into the beast, the smell of singed flesh and hair filling the air. But to Evil Lynís shock, the beast continued towards her, grabbing her by the neck and throwing her across the room. Looking up she saw the beast running at her, about to tear her in two, but then she heard a commanding voice shout, ďStop!Ē

Looking in the direction of the voice, she saw a handsome, blue-skinned man enter the room. He walked up to her and offered her his hand. Grasping the manís hand, Evil Lyn got up from the ground and dusted herself off. She looked into the manís eyes and her was the first man she had known in years who wasnít staring at her cleavage. As a matter of fact, he seemed to stare right through her.

Evil Lyn then asked the man who he was. He told her that his name was Keldor and that soon he would be the ruler of Eternia. Keldor then walked towards Evil Lynís staff, lifting it off the floor. He turned around and told her that this was what he had come searching for. He then remarked that for a person who seemed to lack formal training, she was pretty good at using the staff. Tossing the staff to her, he said she could keep it. Telling his men to leave the room, he followed them out of the door and then turning around he asked if she was coming. For the first time in her life, Evil Lyn actually respected another being, feeling impressed by his presence and strength. Looking around the room, she knew that she had taken everything of value from the house. Pointing the staff towards the floor, an arc of flame shot out, setting the house alight. Walking out of the burning house with Keldor, she followed him into the night.

Evil Lyn soon learnt that Keldor was in fact working for a man named Hordak. At the feet of both Keldor and Hordak, her magical skills improved immensely. When Keldor started the Great War, she was one of his generals, leading troops into battle. Soon Eternia came to know and fear the name ďEvil LynĒ.

After the war ended, with Keldorís side having lost due to his inability to kill his brother, Randor, Hordak punished Keldor for his hesitation. Keldor was writhing in his cell, in terrible agony. Using her powers to cloak herself, Evil Lyn walked into Keldorís cell and used her powers to ease his pain. Keldor looked up at her, his mind starting to clear, as she quietly nodded to him and left his cell. Neither Keldor nor Evil Lyn have ever spoken about that occurrence, before or since.

Not long after Keldor's punishment, he had become Skeletor and banished Hordak from Eternia. Taking Evil Lyn by his side, as his second in command, Skeletor set to plotting his eventual return to the light hemisphere and the death of his brother, King Randor.
    Last edited by Darth Latveria; February 6, 2008 at 08:18pm.

Movie mayhem!
    I really love the EvilLyn Bio, it reminds me a lot of the Icons of Evil comics. Great orig story, and I love Keldor's pressence and confidence in the end. Sha-man is also very cool.

I too like the Evil Lyn bio that was done.

Co-Creator of the NV
    This is a bit of a departure from our generally more serious bios, since it mainly aims to make people laugh. However, a lot of what is in there is actually how I would imagine a person in that situation reacting.

Scare Glow

A few months after the destruction of the mystical barrier separating the Light and Dark Hemispheres of Eternia, Triklops burst into Skeletorís throne room in Snake Mountain. Breathlessly he told Skeletor that he had been exploring some caves in the Dunes of Doom and heíd come across what appeared to be a crypt. When attempting to walk into the crypt, he was nearly killed when a mystical bolt shot out at him, seemingly coming from out of nowhere. Skeletor sat back, stroking his bony chin, deep in thought. After a few moments, he shot Triklops with a bolt of otherworldly pain, for not knocking first. When Triklops was done writhing in agony, he told Triklops to guide him to the crypt.

Arriving at the crypt, Skeletor quickly did away with the mystical protections. He walked forward and looked at a stone carving, written in an archaic Eternian language. Triklops asked Skeletor what it said, and Skeletor told him that it said that the tome was the resting place of a powerful Wizard who had lived twelve hundred years ago, named Skairglo. Not much more was said about Skairglo, other than the fact that he was known for being rather vain. Skeletor then said that if he could somehow bring Skairglo back to life, his power would make him a valuable minion.

Opening the sarcophagus, Skeletor looked into the darkness within. Casting a spell of illumination, he saw the skeletal remains of Skairglo. Skeletor surmised that he would be able to bring Skairglo back to life, because it appeared that his body had been encased in a number of strange magicks, allowing for his eventual return. Apparently the magic used was far from perfect, as the body had still rotted away, leaving nothing but bones.

Skeletor then told Evil Lyn what she would have to do. Combining their powers, the bones in the tomb were showered with an ethereal power. Looking down, they could see that the bones had begun to glow, likely in response to the magic used to bring them back to life. Eventually the bones began to rattle and shake; the skullís mouth opening and closing repeatedly.

Triklops: Does it ever seem strange to you guys how so many of us seem to have given names that end up in some way predicting our future paths? I mean... this guy is named Skairglo and now heís kinda scary looking. And he glows.

Skeletor: Good point. I mean, look at Evil Lyn. She was Evelyn. And what the hell were my parents thinking when they named me Skeletor? Oh wait... I was named Keldor. Which actually does sort of sound a bit like my current name, when said by a drunk, slurring his words. How the hell could she had known?

Triklops: I blame Mattel!

Skeletor: ... never ever bring up the names of the Elder Gods again.

Triklops: *looking at the shaking Skeletor* What is he doing?

Evil-Lyn: I think he is trying to talk.

Skeletor: hmm... I suppose that is difficult, his larynx having rotted away long ago. Letís see if we can fix that. *casts a spell to give Scare Glow speech*

Scare Glow: AHHHHHHHH

Skeletor: Oh... I imagine not having any skin must be rather painful. I know it sure hurt like hell when I lost my face. *Skeletor then cast a spell, taking away Scare Glowís pain*

Scare Glow: IíM BLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIND.

Skeletor: Oh right. People usually need eyes to see. Itís been so long since I had some of my own that I had forgotten that. Letís see if I can fix that *casts a spell giving Scare Glow sight*.

Scare glow then looked to his side, seeing his appearance reflected in a silver shield that had been placed into his crypt. Shrieking, ďIíM HIDEOUSĒ, Scare Glow then started to make a strange choking noise.

Evil Lyn: What is he doing?

Skeletor: I think heís crying. Itís pretty hard to tell without the tear ducts. Scare Glow, stop whining, youíre not the only one who has to look like this.

Scare Glow then looked at Skeletor and made a comment about how he missed his hair. Skeletor then told Scare Glow that his own hair was absolutely wondrous, certainly more impressive than Scare Glowís, yet he had learned to live without it.

After some time, Scare Glow finally came to terms with his loss. Donning a large, black robe, Scare Glow left the crypt with Skeletor, ready to start a new life, or un-life... or something... basically heís not completely dead anymore.

Personality and Powers

Scare Glow is a very powerful mage, on the level of Evil Lyn, but his effectiveness is frequently hampered by his intermittent bouts of depression. His greatest wish is to someday find a way to completely restore his body, and that is what he spends most of his spare time trying to do. However, Scare Glow is still vain, and is constantly waxing his skull, feeling that the shine makes him somewhat more presentable.
    Last edited by Darth Latveria; August 15, 2008 at 01:27am.