Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe - A New Vision

Co-Creator of the NV
    OP, another excellent bio. We hadn't had any plans on how to bring Granamyr in until you proposed it to us and we're very happy with what you came up with. Adding him to the NV helps to flesh out the world of Eternia and give it more of a mythological feel. Great job

It is a very well written bio OP, and as DL says it helps expand our NV universe / myhtos, which can only be seen as a good thing. To tell the truth the main reason I had no clue as to what to do with Granamyr was because until a few weeks ago I had absolutely no recollection of the character at all.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Wonderfully done She-Ra death scene that felt like it could have come straight out of MYP. You did give the whole scene a nice tone of grave importance, Darth. The epilogue was also quite fitting.

I'd love to see another version of this story where He-Man and She-Ra are like their Filmation selves (fully aware of their twin bond).

Still, that takes nothing away from a nicely crafted conclussion, and epilogue!
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

1) I had a good time reading the She-Ra fic. You did a nice job of flowing from a parody to a more fulfilling tale.

2) Granamyr is Teh Awesome. Great job on the bio, Op!

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Thanks everyone, I had a great time writing up bios for Zodac and Granamyr and hope to come up with other good ones when I can for ya. It's fun to alter things we are accustomed to (Zodac) and also fleshing out and making more serious backstories to more familiar characters, like Granamyr.

Again, glad you liked them.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Everyone has their own vision of how things should be.

In my little world Adam/Teela have a relationship. Nate and I both agree that Adam becomes he-Man and Teela the new Sorceress an they rule from Greyskull.

In my version Trike is a troubled warrior with his own view of whats right and wrong. he is essentially good, but struggles. Eventually he wll break free of Skeletor. Evil Lyn, in myown twisted version, has teh hots for Trike, which made for some interesting stories back in the day

There are some who think these ideas are horrid. Others who think they are spiffy. To each their own. I say do what ya like. The fanfic forum, and the .org has always been a place where people can share ideas and support each other.
    There should be a designate for each individual vision of Eternia. Like the Cartoon being Eternia 1, The new Cartoon Eternia 2, so on and so forth.
    ---
    Then 20 years from now there can be a crisis to determine the final version and 20 years after that there can be a lame plot device involving a He-Boy and a Young Keldor and 3 or 4 more years of stories that make no sense.
    ---
    I am kind of serious about a Eternia multiverse. That would be kind of cool.
    Read my comics at Nakedmancomics.com

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Merman View Post
    There should be a designate for each individual vision of Eternia. Like the Cartoon being Eternia 1, The new Cartoon Eternia 2, so on and so forth.
    ---
    Then 20 years from now there can be a crisis to determine the final version and 20 years after that there can be a lame plot device involving a He-Boy and a Young Keldor and 3 or 4 more years of stories that make no sense.
    ---
    I am kind of serious about a Eternia multiverse. That would be kind of cool.
    We're calling dibs on Eternia 616!

Co-Creator of the NV
    Teela

Many years ago, Duncan Ardurr, the then recently named Man-At-Arms, was called to a mysterious, skull-faced castle. Inside this castle, a woman named the Sorceress gave him a baby girl to raise, stating that the baby would have a very special destiny and that it was of the utmost importance to Eternia that she be protected. Duncan then brought the girl back to the Royal Palace, and explained the situation to King Randor. Randor, understood the importance of protecting the girl, and arranged it so that Duncan would be able to raise the girl as his own.

For as long as she could remember, Teela’s past was a mystery. Teela grew up in the Royal Palace, because her stepfather, Duncan, was the current Man-At-Arms. Duncan never told her anything about her past, about who her parents were or why she was sent to live with him. When pressed, all that Duncan would say was that she had a very special future ahead of her and that someday she would come to know the truth. Eventually, Teela gave up and stopped asking Duncan about her parents, coming to accept that he would not tell her the truth until he felt that that the time was right.

As a child she became good friends with King Randor’s only child, a boy named Adam. Adam was a carefree spirit, happy to just enjoy the sunshine and appreciate the better things in life. Teela on the other hand, was quite different from Adam. She spent most of her time studying and training, believing that someday the future of Eternia may in some way rest in her hands. When very little, the differences didn’t matter much, as the kids just accepted each other as is. Adam was the only child who was ever able to get Teela to relax and play like a normal girl, and Teela on occasion could get Adam to buckle down and do something more constructive with his time. However, as they reached adolescence, the differences began to pull them apart. Teela felt that Adam was lazy and irresponsible, whereas Adam felt that Teela was overly uptight and a general wet blanket. Duncan was amazed by her work ethic, wondering at times if it was due to her own natural sense of responsibility, or if it was some sort of spell put on her by the Sorceress.

Teela was always a natural when it came to athletics, particularly with regards to combat training. She had what appeared to be a sixth sense of sorts, allowing her to know when and where an attack would be coming from. Duncan knew that some warriors, after years of training, would get a similar sixth sense, however Teela showed it at a very young age, even before she had received formal combat training. Duncan suspected that it might have something to do with the Sorceress. Perhaps it was Teela’s mother doing what she could to protect her daughter? Or maybe it was Teela’s innate magical skills manifesting themselves.

Teela joined the Royal Guard when she was 15. When it came to combat, she was a prodigy of sorts, so Randor requested that she teach basic self defense to Prince Adam. Naturally, Adam didn’t appreciate being forced into doing something that he considered boring and pretty much useless, since peace had reigned since the end of the Great War. However, when pressed to train, Adam proved that he was fairly talented with a sword. Although lacking the same, nearly supernatural instincts that Teela showed, Adam was a pretty talented swordsman. Teela and Adam’s relationship had been strained before her becoming his trainer, but afterwards it all but ended. From that point on, Adam saw Teela primarily as a teacher and Teela saw Adam as a somewhat annoying student. Although there was still a mutual affection, it was seldom shown or acted upon.

Teela proved herself to be an excellent Royal Guardsman, quickly showing herself to be a better fighter than many of the seasoned veterans. It was a given that she would eventually be Captain of the Guard, but she was still considered too young to take on such an important role.

When Skeletor returned, starting the Great Wars anew, Teela’s time had come. Being thrust into war, her years of training proved effective and valuable. Furthermore, for the first time in her life, she met a man whom she was actually attracted to, the hero of Eternia, He-Man.

Movie mayhem!
    I really like it, I'd love to hear what you think of teela's past past though, like who you'd like her real father to be and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    I really like it, I'd love to hear what you think of teela's past past though, like who you'd like her real father to be and such.
    We are still currently working on that part of Teela. But I can say with some certainty (100%) it is not Duncan

oh and this guy should be in the next competition poll....please vote for him

HE

Co-Creator of the NV
    Behind the Scenes

Part 4 – The Power of Grayskull

I actually came up with the concept of the history of the power of Grayskull long before Wolfsfang suggested that we create the New Vision. I originally came up with the idea for the first bio I ever wrote, a guy by the name of Thanatos. At the time of this writing, Thanatos has yet to be introduced to the New Vision; however I have no idea if he’ll be up by the time this goes up.

As has been stated in the glossary at the start of this thread, the power of Grayskull is some sort of eternal magic that certain people can tap into. Unlike what was shown in MYP, the power does not actually originate with King Grayskull. I absolutely love that episode of the MYP series, but the explanation of why he was so powerful was lacking. All they said was that the power was within him, so I wondered where it was. I mean, was he a mutant, or some sort of magic user? So that was the first thing I needed to change.

When looking at the history of MOTU, one of the most interesting aspects of it for me was the Powers of Grayskull line. I don’t remember much of the Filmation series firsthand, but I do have some recollection of the comics. In particular, I remember the comic that introduced He-Ro, where He-Man and Skeletor go back in time. I absolutely loved that story and I remember always wanting to get the comics that followed it, since it was the first part of a three part story. Only when I came to the org did I learn that the rest of the story was never completed. However, I did learn about the story behind the Powers of Grayskull line and about a character named He-Ro.

He-Ro always intrigued me. I guess I just wonder how things could’ve been if they went that route. Because of this little bit of childhood nostalgia mixed in with adult curiosity, I decided that I wanted him to be a part of the world I had in mind. What bothered me with him was how ridiculously powerful He-Ro was. He-Man was always far too powerful, lacking the necessary weaknesses and/or powerful villains to give his stories a sense of urgency. But He-Ro was even worse. He-Ro had He-Man’s strength and was also an incredibly powerful magic user. I remember reading that they said that He-Man was equally powerful to He-Ro, because He-Man had the power of wisdom whereas He-Ro was relatively inexperienced. I always thought that was bull, because after a few years of practice he’d tear He-Man apart without breaking a sweat. So the question was, what do I do with He-Ro? I had a few options open to me. One was leaving him the same level of powers. The other was to just give him either the magic or the strength. The final option was to come up with something completely new and only keep the name. A pure magic user could’ve been an interesting route to go, but I didn’t opt for it. A pure strength character would be boring since we already have He-Man and King Grayskull. So I decided to go with the mixture of strength and magic, but it would come at a price.

I didn’t want to have a hero more powerful than He-Man. But He-Ro, the way he had been created and even the way I envisioned him, was a lot more powerful than him. So instead of trying to de-power him, I made it so that his powers came at a terrible price. The usage of them destroyed his body over the years, eventually killing him. No mortal body could ever harness the full powers, and any attempt to do so would lead to death. This led to the story of King Grayskull.

I don’t actually know what the details of the King Grayskull story are. Optimus Prime is writing a bio for him and I really look forward to reading it. However, there are a few things that he will have to place in it, because they are needed to fit in with the rest of the mythos that Wolfsfang and I have created. Specifically, he has to create the castle and 2 swords. The castle and sword protect him from the full power, but they also limit his ability to use them, thus taking away the magical skills that He-Ro had. The creation of the castle and swords, in conjunction with the fact that He-Ro has been all but forgotten, made people associate the power with Grayskull himself, thus leading to it being referred to as the Power of Grayskull.

Like Filmation, we have 2 swords of Grayskull. Unlike Filmation, the second sword is definitely not going to She-Ra. Wolfsfang and I simply don’t see a purpose for her in the New Vision, and more importantly we don’t like her. Regardless, the second sword actually served a very important purpose, which was to create a villain that is He-Man’s evil equal, Thanatos.

He-Man we didn’t change much, thinking that he was the one character we didn’t need to darken. Some characters are meant to be saintly in nature and we figured that He-Man was one of them. However, we didn’t like his prior omnipotent portrayal, so we chose to de-power him. Now He-Man is the most powerful man in the universe (with the exception of He, an original character by Wolfsfang), but he’s not necessarily so powerful that he can single handedly beat the second through fourth most powerful men in the universe alone. The other thing is that he’s not necessarily the sharpest knife in the drawer. He has a tendency to use his brawn over his brains.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Heads up to all NV fans. HE is in the current staction poll -- http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=155282

Co-Creator of the NV
    I never imagined that I would write this story. I have never liked Rio Blast and I had no idea at all how I could possibly bring him into the NV and wasn't all that inclined to find a way. However, sometimes things work out in a strange way and you get inspiration from the most unexpected places. In this case, The_Robin, one of our contributors and readers pm'ed me with an excellent idea on how to bring Rio into the NV. I loved his idea and consequently came up with a story that pretty closely followed the elements that he recomened. I am very happy with how he turned out and how you guys feel the same.

Rio

Even as a child, Rio had a terrible temper. He was very easily frustrated and he’d frequently become enraged over the slightest things. Although he was a fairly bright student, he was kicked out of many schools because of the fights he would get into with his classmates. However, after one very special day, he would learn to control his temper.

On a Saturday afternoon, when Rio was only 10 years old, he was walking through the marketplace when a few Royal Guards passed by. Seeing the confidence with which they walked, the strength of their strides and the respect that was given them, Rio was automatically enthralled by the guards. Rio pulled his father’s hand and told him that he wanted to be a Royal Guard someday. His father looked down at Rio and told him that a boy who couldn’t control his temper would never be allowed to join the guard because the guards were expected to maintain emotional control at all times. Rio told his father that from that point forward, he’d make sure to control his temper. Although Rio’s father didn’t believe that Rio could actually do it, he encouraged his son to follow his dreams. Little did he know that Rio would in fact learn to control his rage.

As the years went on, Rio’s parents were amazed by the change in their son. Although Rio still had his temper, he learned how to control it. His parents could see the anger in his eyes, but he wouldn’t erupt as he used to. Seeing how difficult it was for their boy to control it, they told him that they thought it would be good if he spent his free time engaging in physical or athletic activities. Rio eventually found that he really enjoyed two activities. Firstly, he loved ropes. He found it fascinating how they could be knotted in so many different ways and how they could be used to lasso and disable people and animals. The second love of his was throwing knives. He found something about throwing a blade very relaxing. Throwing it with all of his strength was an excellent outlet for his terrible anger. Over time Rio’s aim with the knives became remarkable. People marveled at how quickly he could draw a knife and throw it, as he’d learned how to do it all in one fluid motion.

At age 15, at the youngest age possible, Rio applied to the Royal Guard. Being an excellent athlete and a fairly good student, Rio was easily accepted. Except for a scuffle with a fellow young guardsman, Rio proved to be an excellent guardsman. When Rio was 18 he met and fell in love with a girl named Jane, a year after that they were married and a few months after the ceremony, Jane gave birth to a daughter named Natasha. Deciding that they didn’t want to live in a city as busy as Eternos, Rio asked to be transferred to the small Royal Guard contingent stationed in Trent, a village 10 miles east of Eternos. The next year was good for Rio and his family, sadly that would soon come to the end. The Great War began.

Trent wasn’t seen as a strategically important village to either side. It wasn’t big enough to produce enough supplies to be useful, nor was it situated in a place that was useful with regards to Eternos. The Royal Guard determined that it would likely not be attacked, so Rio was transferred to Eternos. Thinking that Eternos was a far more dangerous place to be than Trent, Jane and Natasha stayed in Trent with the hopes that the war would end quickly.

Under his commanding officer, Duncan Ardurr, Rio performed admirably for the next two years. Although he was a competent swordsman, his skills with throwing knives were what set him apart from the rest. Rio had had a number of four inch long throwing knives specially made for him, with a pouch that allowed for easy access. Enemies would be cut down quickly when getting near to him, as he could throw five knives at five different opponents in under 3 seconds. Due to the remarkable speed at which Rio could draw his blades, he soon became known as the quickest draw in Eternia. However, Rio’s career was as a Royal Guard was about to end.

One afternoon, while defending against a siege, Rio heard Duncan be given word that Trent had been attacked. Running up to Duncan, Rio told him that he had to go to Trent as his family was there. Duncan told Rio that Trent was too far away for him to get there in time to help them and that his duties were to the royal family. Without a word, Rio found a horse and was about to mount it to ride off, but as he was getting onto the horse, Duncan placed his hand on Rio’s shoulder, telling him not to leave. Rio spun around and punched Duncan in the face, shattering his nose and then rode off to Trent.

Never in his life had Rio ridden so quickly. Arriving at the village, he saw a number of injured and weary villagers wandering the streets and surveying the damage. He was told that the enemy army had come and gone quickly, doing some damage to the village and killing a few people, but left soon thereafter riding west towards Eternos. He then asked where his family was, which is when they told him that they had bad news. His wife and daughter hid in a barn, hoping that he shelter would protect them from the invading soldiers. Their hopes were dashed when the enemy troops set the barn on fire. Seeing the charred remains of his wife and daughter, Rio let out a howl of anguish. Tears in his eyes, he turned around and punched out a local blacksmith who was standing nearby. With revenge in his heart, he got back on his horse and rode towards Eternos.

As Rio neared the enemy troops, he got off his horse and charged into the fray. He’d quickly throw his blades into his enemies. Then he would run up to their dying bodies, pull his blades back out and once more throw them into the next nearest enemy soldiers. Then Rio heard a roar, unlike any animal he had ever seen. Turning around he saw a hulking beast, standing on 2 legs, with saliva dripping out of its mouth. He knew what this beast was. He had once thought it was a legend, but now he knew it was real. He was facing the Beast Man.

As the Beast Man charged towards Rio, Rio quickly threw 5 blades at him. Each blade struck home, embedding themselves in the Beast Man’s torso, but they did nothing to slow him down. As the Beast Man got within arm’s range, he swiped at Rio’s face with his right hand. Rio pulled away, but the Beast Man’s claws still met their mark, tearing 4 large gashes into the right side of Rio’s face. Then the Beast Man swung out with his left arm. Rio only survived the blow because he had sidestepped it, allowing him to only be hit with a fraction of its force. However, that strike was enough to throw him 10 feet backwards, shattering nearly all the ribs in his left side. As Rio was losing consciousness, he thought that he was about to be reunited with his family. Imagine his surprise when he opened his eyes once more and saw he was in an Eternian hospice.

Rio learned that as Beast Man was about to finish him off, a large contingent of Eternian troops arrived, pushing back the enemy forces. His unconscious body was picked up and rushed to a nearby hospice where a number of their magical healers spent the night keeping him alive. His ribs were well on their way to healing, but the slash marks on his face would leave scars. He’d also broken both his legs and his left arm when landing after Beast Man’s blow. He then learned that he was charged for treason by Duncan Ardurr, for having gone AWOL during a siege. In the end, nothing came of the charge. Prince Randor had gotten wind of it and chose to acquit him of the charges. His view was that Rio had been placed into an impossible situation and his actions under those circumstances were forgivable. Rio spent the remainder of the war healing in the hospice.

Upon finally being released from the hospital, Rio found himself without a job or a purpose. Although the charges had been dropped, Duncan had seen to it that his commission as a Royal Guardsman had been stripped. Rio didn’t really care, feeling that he had lost everything that mattered already.

For close to two decades, Rio spent his days as a wanderer, much of his time in prison. He would go from town to town, leaving when wearing out his welcome. Usually, this would take place after a few days or weeks. His days and nights were spent in taverns, getting blind drunk on mead. Inevitably he’d get into brawls with the local patrons, leading to many a night being spent in the local jail. One story in particular sticks out as representative of the kind of man he had become.

One night in 8 APA, Rio was drinking in a tavern on the outskirts of Eternos. Drunk, he soon got into an argument with another patron. The patron then stood up menacingly. As he was about to draw a sword, a knife flew into his right hand. Not a single person in the bar saw Rio throw the blade as he was so fast. The man fell to the ground groaning in pain. Rio, with a dead look in his eyes simply said, “That was a warning. Now give me my knife and leave.” With a scream, the man pulled the blade out of his hand and returned it to Rio. He then left the tavern and Rio simply turned back to the counter and ordered another flagon of mead.

In 17 APA the forces of Keldor, now Skeletor returned to Eternia. Unlike the rest, Rio was happy. He didn’t care who was in power, whether it be the royal family or someone else. He didn’t give a damn about patriotism or the social order. He only wanted one thing. To kill everyone who had anything to do with the loss of his family.

Life was good once more.

Movie mayhem!
    I was a little nervous about this character, but this is one of the best bios, really thought out. It takes the tech out, but still manages to keep the spirit of him.

WEBSTOR

When the creature known as Webstor first hatched from his egg the Arachna race of Etheria were pretty much all but extinct. Born with a natural resistance to mind control they had refused to serve Hordak and his evil horde. This angered the evil Prime of Etheria and he immediately ordered their annihilation. With so many Horde troops on a seek and destroy mission the Arachna race had very little chance of survival. Eventually they had been pushed deep into the depths of the Whispering Woods, far beyond the reach of the Horde.

Webstor had only just hatched from egg two weeks before he encountered Hordak. Hordak was standing in the middle of a large field just on the outskirts of the Whispering Woods. As the young Webstor watched Hordak began to recite an ancient spell. A glowing red light appeared in front of Hordak, then slowly it began to grow. As it spread wider and wider images of a totally different place appeared in its swirlings mists. Hordak had just opened a portal to the another dimension...ETERNIA.

When the portal was suitably large enough Hordak stepped through. Webstor, overcome with natural curiosity dared to venture closer. But he got too close to the portal and he fell into the vortex. He awoken to find himself in a strange temple, signs of death and destruction were everywhere. He had only managed to survive because a few bodies had fallen on top of him and hid him from view.

Not knowing what else to do he ran, his survival instincts going into overdrive, pulling him away from this apparently highly dangerous and volatile place. When it was light he hid in caves or in trees and when it was the dark fall of night, he would keep searching for a new place to call home.

Eventually his search lead him to a place known in Eternia as the Evergreen Forest. There the only thing he had to fear was the strange orange-furred, beast like creature that also called the forest home. And so for the next sixteen years Webstor called the Evergreen Forest home. He grew larger by preying on unwary travellers, having a special fondness for the taste of Andreenids.

Then one day he attacked a lone blue skinned traveller. But before he knew it he had been tossed to one side by what felt like an invisible hand. The traveller introduced himself as Keldor and told Webstor that he had been “looking for him”

POWERS & ABILITIES

Like all of the Arachna race Webstor has several abilities, these include enhanced strength which is proportionate to his size, increased speed and agility for jumping from tree top to tree top in search of prey, tiny hair like barbs on his fingers and toes that enable him to climb any surface (these work much like a Gecko's in that they are so small that they bond with the surface that he is climbing on an almost molecular level which makes it very strong indeed),a poisonous bite and finally a pore in the base of his spine from which he can produce webbing to either hang from or create a huge web in which to catch things.
    Last edited by wolfsfang; April 24, 2010 at 04:20pm.

Co-Creator of the NV
    This is a bit of a change of pace from what we usually do, but we're wondering if you guys have any sorts of requests.

We've got a lot of bios done so far, but there are more to come. Are there any bios in particular that you;d really like us to be working on soon? What about story ideas? Any person or topic that you want to see featured? Are there any special features you would like us to focus on?

Let us know. We're working on a lot of things but we'd love to know wherethe demand lies.

Asp'r the Contrarian SnakeMenPriest's Avatar
    This is quite an ambitious project you both have going. I hope the SnakeMen section will be coming soon. I'm actually anxious to see how all the FanSnakes can fit unaltered in this vision of MotU.

--Asp'r
    In Kansas, it is a crime to eat rattlesnake meat in public.
    You are upsetting the blessing of the Snake God. ALL HAIL RATTLOR!!

Check out 2-bad's Original epic: Origins of The SnakeMen!

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMenPriest View Post
    This is quite an ambitious project you both have going. I hope the SnakeMen section will be coming soon. I'm actually anxious to see how all the FanSnakes can fit unaltered in this vision of MotU.

--Asp'r
    Firstly, thank you for teh response. We greatly appreciate it.

As for the Snakes, you can rest assured that we are looking into them and slowly developing them. Their tale will end up going from the times of He-Ro, through Hordak and then finally to the present day. They will definitely have a powerful effect on our vision of MOTU.

As for the fan characters, we are in discussions with varous creators regarding their giving us permission to use their characters in our stories and where need be, writing bios that are more strongly geared for the NV. It's uncertain who we'll be able to use in the end, but I can tell you that we intend to incorporate as many fan characters as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMenPriest View Post

--Asp'r
    Rest assured the SnakeMen are coming soon, I have one all written up and waiting in the wings, we just want to post Hiss first before we do any others. As for the FanSnakes...well all I can say is that we will try our best to fit them in unaltered, but alas this may not always be possible...tho we will try to keep the alterations as little as possible.

Alot to read since last I was on. All sounds great guys.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Jitsu

Growing up in the harsh Sands of Fire, Jitsu had to learn how to defend himself at a young age. His father was a celebrated warrior who believed that it was important for Jitsu to learn the ways of combat. Being a martial arts prodigy, Jitsu was his father’s pride and joy.

When Jitsu was 14 he decided to leave his home. Before leaving, his father gave him a sword that was a family heirloom. It was a long, slightly curved blade with a single edge. The hilt was encrusted with beautiful jewels and it was said that the gods themselves had forged it. Jitsu wanted to travel learn martial arts from the greatest masters in the world so he traveled west, through the Sands of Time and the Evergreen Forest. During this time he’d spend a few months at a time with various masters of combat, before moving on. At 17, Jitsu chose to travel North, through the Great Plains into the Mystic Mountains where he had heard of talented sensei. Jitsu spent three years hiking through the Mystic Mountains, never staying with any master for long. Quickly picking up different skills, he’d quickly get bored and leave, searching for a new person to train with. During his time in the mountains, he eventually heard rumors of a supposedly immortal group of warrior monks, living on the Golden Isles. Feeling that their talents might be what he needed to perfect his abilities, he set bought a boat and set out to find the immortal masters.

While rowing to the island, Jitsu had much time to ponder his past. He remembered bedtime stories that his mother told him about a person named He-Ro. His people had shared these stories for millennia, but no one truly knew if they were anything more than myths and legends. Apparently He-Ro was responsible for destroying a powerful Snake Dynasty that had threatened to destroy Eternia. Legend said that He-Ro had gone to train on the Golden Isles, so Jitsu found it fitting that that was where he’d eventually master his abilities.

Arriving on the shore of the Golden Isles, Jitsu had no idea where to go, so he spent many months exploring the various islands that comprise the isles. After two years of tireless searching, Jitsu finally found the warriors that he had sought.

Asking to be trained by the immortal masters, Jitsu was told that he would first have to pass a series of trials. As is the case with these cliché-ridden situations, we only know that it occurred because Jitsu was one of the few who survived, as those who failed the trials were too living-impaired to share their stories. Suffice it to say, they involved a deformed rooster, 3 coconuts and an abacus.

Soon after being accepted as an apprentice, Jitsu learnt that the masters were not in fact immortal. They practiced an ancient and nearly forgotten form of mystical martial arts that immensely slowed their aging. The masters could live up to three hundred years, however they didn’t age at a consistent rate. When they were younger, they would age very slowly, only aging a year as every ten passed, but over time their aging accelerated so that the end of their lives they were aging at the same rate as regular humans.

Jitsu spent the next twenty years training with these masters, learning their secrets and becoming an adept in their forms. In time, Jitsu became bored with the lifestyle he was leading. He’d perfected the arts of combat, and had extended his lifetime immensely, but he felt that living the lifestyle of an ascetic monk was a waste of his life. He wanted more for himself than a life of quiet contemplation, wanting to experience the treasures that life has to offer. Bidding his farewell, Jitsu returned to the mainland.

Coming into port on the western shores, Jitsu set off to make a new life for himself. Not knowing where to go, he spent a number of months drifting from town to town until he eventually arrived in Anwat Gar, the capital of the Gar Empire. Jitsu soon came to the attention of King Jovan, who sent Jitsu an invitation to visit him at the royal palace. At the palace, Jitsu demonstrated his skills to King Jovan, soon being offered the position of King Jovan’s personal bodyguard. As part of the royal court, Jitsu was very close to the royal family, even there when King Jovan’s wife, Acacia, gave birth to their first son, a boy named Keldor. However, Jitsu wasn’t nearly as loyal as he acted.

King Jovan had a younger brother named Kendrick, who was jealous of Jovan’s power. A few years after Keldor’s birth, Kendrick came to Jitsu with a proposal. If Jitsu could arrange the “accidental” deaths of King Jovan, Queen Acacia and Prince Keldor, Prince Kendrick would become king. In return for his services, Jitsu would receive all the riches and women that he desired. Having no interest in living a life in service to others, Jitsu agreed to Kendrick’s offer. Unexpectedly, Jovan would soon die, but under circumstances completely unrelated to Jitsu.

One evening, Jitsu was woken up by the sound of people screaming in the streets. Running outside, Jitsu saw pure chaos and anarchy. The people of Anwat Gar had seemingly gone insane and war had erupted. Friend was killing friend, brother was killing brother and death reigned supreme. Jitsu, being a master martial artist and warrior, was unafraid for his own protection, but he was curious as to what could have possible caused the civil war. However, no one seemed to know Half the populace seemed just as bewildered as Jitsu, while the other half was seemingly psychotic. Many years later, Jitsu would learnt that this was all part of a plan carefully orchestrated by Hordak, but that evening all he knew was that it would be to his benefit to leave Anwat Gar. Not caring about the fortunes of Jovan or his family, Jitsu left Anwat Gar. Little did he know that Prince Keldor would survive that night of horror and that someday they would become very well acquainted.

Once more, Jitsu was left without any future prospects. He was one of the greatest warriors in Eternia, yet he still had nothing to show for it other than the clothes on his back and his family sword by his side. For years, Jitsu would try one scheme after another, hoping to finally become rich. None of his schemes worked. As it happened, while Jitsu was a martial arts prodigy, he wasn’t particularly smart. He understood combat, but lacked knowledge in anything else, so he was never able to place himself in a situation where he could amass a significant level of riches. Eventually, Jitsu was forced to accept the fact that he really wasn’t meant for greatness of any sort and he became a mercenary.

For nearly twenty five years, Jitsu proved himself to be a highly dependable and successful mercenary. Jitsu felt no loyalty to any employer, but he did take pride in his work, feeling that a failed contract reflected badly on his skills as a warrior. In 11 BPA, he was offered the largest contract he had ever seen. A group that some referred to as the Horde, were building an army with the intent of taking over Eternia. They were also recruiting more specialized warriors, which is how Jitsu came to their attention. The contract required him to remain with the Horde indefinitely, but he would be highly remunerated for his services. Seeing that the money was good, Jitsu quickly agreed to join the Horde, a decision he would soon regret.

After joining the Horde, Jitsu was taken to a stronghold of their in the Dunes of Doom. Arriving there, he came face to face with a person he thought had died long ago, Prince Keldor.

The troops were in their mess hall, eating dinner when Keldor walked through the room to survey his soldiers. As he walked past Jitsu, he quickly turned around and stared deeply into Jitsu’s eyes. He then said, “Jitsu, you’ve aged well.” Jitsu, not knowing who this young Gar was, simply asked, “Do I know you?” Keldor then replied, “How soon we forget. 22 years ago you had pledged allegiance to my father and you left him to die. Why should I think that a dog such as yourself has become anymore loyal?” Realization dawning on him, Jitsu jumped to his feet, intending to attack Keldor. As he lunged towards Keldor, Keldor’s eyes flashed with rage and a greenish energy erupted from his right hand, engulfing Jitsu.

As the energy hit Jitsu, he felt as if every nerve in his body were on fire. Falling to the ground, he saw that he could not move. Keldor then kicked him in the ribs and slammed the end of his staff into Jitsu’s sternum, making it nearly impossible for Jitsu to breathe. Keldor then bent down next to and said, “All your years of greed, where have they gotten you? Where are your riches? Where is your power? You’ve never amounted to anything more than a pitiful pitbull, a creature in service to your masters.”

Then unsheathing Jitsu’s sword, Keldor said, “I remember when I was a child, you told me about this sword. As I recall, it was passed down through your family for generations, proud fathers placing it into the hands of their sons. How ironic it is that the weapon that will cause you to lose your own hand. Now you will finally reap the rewards you have earned.” In one fluid motion, Keldor stood up and sliced Jitsu’s right hand off. Wiping the blood off of the blade, Keldor re-sheathed the sword and told one of his generals to see to it that Jitsu survived the night.

Jitsu has no recollection of how he spent the next few years of his life. Truthfully, he doesn’t remember much of his past either. Keldor and Hordak worked in tandem, bending his mind with their magicks. Over years, his mind and personally were submerged and eventually destroyed. Years of magical experimentation eventually led to the creation of a large, living metal hand that replaced the one that Jitsu lost at the feet of Keldor. Jitsu was now and forevermore, nothing but a mindless slave, a living weapon in the services of Keldor and eventually Skeletor.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Robin View Post
    Alot to read since last I was on. All sounds great guys.
    Hopefully it will live up to your expectations...which I'm pretty sure it will.

Oh and I might as well take this opportunity to once again tell you gentle reader (whoever you are) that we are open to fan character submissions that you believe will fit within the New Vision

Co-Creator of the NV
    Catra

Catra grew up in an Etherian tribe that worshipped the Cat-God Felis. Her parents, being particularly devout worshippers, named their daughter Catra after the cats that they worshipped. The worshippers of Felis were a relatively small portion of the population, so the Horde was generally inclined to ignore them, feeling that eradicating them was too more trouble than it was worth.

At a young age, Catra was pegged for greatness. She memorized the teachings of the Felis very quickly and all the priestesses of the tribe believed that someday she would lead the tribe in matters of religion. Catra on the other hand found herself getting bored with life in the tribe. The religious texts were easy for her to understand and remember, but she didn’t believe in the dogmatic nonsense that they promoted. By the time she was 15, she became fed up and bored, leaving the tribe and hoping to find a more interesting life elsewhere.

The year was 1 APA. Hordak had arrived back in Etheria 3 years earlier, having once more failed in his attempt to take over Eternia. Not taking failure lightly, Hordak’s forces were causing even more destruction and death than normal. Shortly after leaving her tribe, Catra stumbled onto a Horde attack on another village. Catra was captured with the locals and thrown into a dirty prison cell. This is how she met Hordak.

Hordak had been inspecting the prison, hoping to find Queen Angella when he came across Catra. Something about Catra drew him to her, but he wasn’t sure what it was. Going against his better judgment, Hordak offered Catra a chance to fight at his side. Catra, always wanting excitement, agreed to his offer and left the prison with Hordak.

While talking, Hordak learnt about her tribe’s worship of the Cat-God Felis. He’d heard about Felis before, but knew relatively little about their beliefs. This is when an idea struck Hordak. Perhaps she could be set up as the leader of her tribe and they could be used as covert operatives of the Horde. Suggesting the idea to Catra, Catra quickly agreed but asked Hordak how she would become their leader. That was when Hordak proposed that she become the living embodiment of Felis. Over a period of a few months, Hordak and Shadow Weaver used their magic on Catra, eventually giving her the power to transform into a powerful cat.

With her newfound powers, Catra returned to her people, saying that she’d left on a religious quest. When asked of the results of her quest, she transformed into a large, purple cat and said that she was now the living embodiment of Felis. From that point forward she would lead the tribe, and the rest is history.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Wolfsfang and I would like to announce that we'll be taking a little hiatus from posting new material. Probably somewhere around a week or so. We're both rather busy with a number of things in our personal lives and it's pretty hard to continue producing material at the quality and rate that we've been producing it at.

We still have a number of character bios in our inventory, but we'd like to take some time away from all the writing and slowly build it up further before continuing. However, don't fear, we will be coming back with a lot more material soon. We have a series on a group called the Sentinels of Eternia in the works, as well as a lot of stuff from the time of King Grayskull and we've definitely not forgotten the Snakemen.

We'd appreciate it if our regular readers kept the thread alive during our time away from posting new material. We always love seeing what people think of the stories and we'd also like to see where you think we can improve and what kinds of characters you'd like to see coming up.

so far it's a fun read... though I am not too far in. I have always loved the "what if?" stories and a new spin on an old concept is always welcome as far as I am concerned.
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.