Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe - A New Vision

Co-Creator of the NV
    Our one week hiatus is soon to hit two months, so i think it is probably high time we tried to get this thread restarted. I've needed some time away from writing the bios so that my creative energies could get restored, but I think that the time is nearly here for me to start producing some new material. However, starting on either Friday or Monday, I'll start posting the work we did prior to our hiatus. We've got somewhere around 10 bios and a couple short stories gathering dust, so it's time for them to see the light of day.

The first thing that'll go up is a little story about the history of the Havoc staff and how Skeletor came to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Robin View Post
    Geeez, first, I have computer problems, then, a ice storm knocks out my power in til Christmas day, and I thought at least 3 more pages of the NV would be up by the time I got back. Never thought there would be none.

KevonaTF-thank you, glade someone liked it.
    Glad that you finally made it back. I admit that I had been wondering where you'd been during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    Nice take on roboto! I wondered how you were gonna pull that one off.
    I am glad you liked the bio, however all the accolades for him should go directly to morpheus. Neither wolf nor i had any intention of ever using roboto and it was morph who came up with such a cool idea of how to bring him into the NV.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    The first thing that'll go up is a little story about the history of the Havoc staff and how Skeletor came to have it.
    Ok....I'm waiting...

so where is it?
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Co-Creator of the NV
    Here it is. The first new material in awhile. I call it,

The Havoc Staff

yeah, the name is kinda lame.... i didn't give it a title when i wrote it and i'm too lazy to bother with a good one now... if someone can come up with something better, pls pm it to me!

For the last 6 years, Keldor had lived and trained with Hordak. Now at 25, Keldor knew that the day was soon coming when he would be pronounced a master of the dark arts. That night, when Hordak called Keldor to his chambers, Keldor knew that his time had come.

Walking into Hordak’s chamber, Hordak told Keldor that as a final test of his worth, he would be required to find an ancient weapon of great power. Hordak then went on to describe the Havoc Staff to Keldor. The Havoc Staff had been created thousands of years ago by a group of dark mages then known as the Covenant. It was a long staff with an ornamental ram’s head at the top. Legend said that it was a very powerful mystical tool, able to focus and greatly enhance the abilities of the mage who wielded it.

Hordak told Keldor that the staff was reportedly in a temple atop Mount Hanteus, within the Mystic Mountains. Keldor would set out right away to retrieve the staff, but there was one catch. Hordak believed that the true test of worth revolved around the worth of the candidate himself. It wasn’t simply a test of spell-casting ability. Thus Keldor would be completely cut-off from all his magical skills, rendering him nothing more than a man. When asked what weapons and tools he would be given for his task, Hordak wordlessly placed a simple walking stick in front of him. Shocked at the hand the fates had dealt him, Keldor set off towards Mount Hanteus.

Arriving at the base of the mountain, Keldor craned his neck upwards, noting that he could not see the peak. He noticed that higher up there was snow, so he surmised that there would also be icy winds high in the mountain. Pulling his robes around him more tightly, Keldor started working his way up the mountain.

Many hours of climbing took their toll on Keldor. At times he was reduced to using his nails to gain purchase in the ice and snow. Finally pulling himself up to a ledge that was only another 30 feet or so below the temple, he was aware that he was being watched. Turning around, he was struck hard in the chest by an unseen assailant. Keldor stumbled into the mountain side and then tripped on the ice, digging his nails into the ice so that he wouldn’t fall off the side. Looking up, he saw a gigantic ogre. The beast was 9 feet tall and must’ve weighed well over 800 pounds. Keldor knew that the ogre could easily rip him limb from limb, so there was no way to overpower it.

Pulling out the walking stick that was tied to his back, Keldor slammed the end into the ogre’s groin. Quickly getting back to his feet, he swung the stick into the howling creature’s ankles, causing him to trip and plummet off the side of the mountain. Then Keldor noticed that there were another two ogres ready to strike. As the one ogre pounced towards Keldor, Keldor ducked down and used his leverages to throw the ogre over his back, also causing that beast to plummet to his doom. Seeing the other ogre lumber towards him, Keldor quickly moved up the mountain, hoping to get higher ground. Seeing what appeared to be some loose ice and rock, Keldor slammed the end of his walking stick into the ground causing a small avalanche. The ogre, unable to avoid the onslaught of ice and rock, was buried alive.

Seeing that he was now alone, Keldor cautiously walked into the entrance of the temple. Lifting a torch from the wall, he kneeled on the ground and used some rocks to set it alight. Walking forward, the torch light flickered along the walls and floors of the temple. Keldor could see that at the end of the room was an altar. Walking towards the altar, all that Keldor could see was a piece of parchment. Lifting it up to the light, he read that this was not the place where the Havoc Staff would be found. Directions were given to a location deep within the Sands of Fire. Cursing his luck, Keldor crumpled up the parchment and threw it over his shoulder, setting off to the Sands of Fire.

The Sands of Fire received their name from the regions perpetually dry weather, coupled with its staggering heat. Year round the heat was horrid and the constant droughts meant that there were never oasis’ or river nearby. Many travelers would underestimate their need to carry water, causing them to eventually die of dehydration.

For days Keldor walked through the Sands of Fire, the end seemingly never in sight. At times he felt as if he was being watched, but whenever he turned around, there was nothing to be seen. Finally Keldor came to the conclusion that something must be following him, so he kneeled to the ground, his back to a rock, readying himself to attack anything that came his way. Keldor never saw what happened next, but he was blindsided by an unknown assailant. His attacker attacked swiftly and viciously, knocking him unconscious, leaving him lying in the sand.

Many hours later, Keldor woke up. His ears were ringing and as he looked down he saw there was a lot of dried blood in the sand, his blood. Touching above his right eye, he felt a large gash that was still slowly oozing blood. Keldor tried to stand up, but staggered forward and vomited. Looking around him, he saw that all his food and water supplies had been taken. All he had left was his walking staff. Grasping onto the staff, he used it to slowly stand up and tried to step forward. Once more, Keldor’s strength gave out on him and he collapsed on the ground.

Keldor has no idea how long he lay on the ground, his mind and memories racing and not making much sense. Eventually, a man with a horse came by and saw him. Dismounting, he pulled Keldor out of the hot sun and placed him behind a rock where he could get some shade. Over the next few hours, the man applied various healing creams and herbs to Keldor’s wounds, helping to stop the bleeding from the gash above Keldor’s eye. The man also gave Keldor some water and food, quenching his thirst. Keldor soon fell asleep and didn’t awake until late the next afternoon.

When Keldor’s eyes opened, he saw the man sitting by his horse, stirring something in a small pot that he had placed over a fire. Not knowing how he’d gotten here, Keldor soon surmised that this man must be some sort of good Samaritan. Seeing that Keldor was awake, the man introduced himself as Joseph. He then said, “I saw you while I was traveling back through the Sands of Fire towards Eternos. No idea what happened, but you sure got a nasty bump on your head. Seeing that there was no one else around to help, I brought you into the shade and did what I could to stop the bleeding. I’m no medic or anything, but I’ve done a field dressing or two in my day and I think I did pretty good with you this time. Now why don’tcha sidle up and have yourself some stew.”

Feeling a little awkward, Keldor muttered thank you, sat next to the man and ate. Joseph constantly talked about his life as a spice trader, telling Keldor all about his family and his home in a village outside of Eternos. It had been years since Keldor had spent any extended contact with anyone outside of Hordak, so he had no idea what to say in return. Noticing that Keldor was rather silent, Joseph simply smiled and continued talking, telling him that at first light they’d mount the horse together and ride back to Eternos, where Keldor could seek some proper treatment. When the food was done, Joseph told Keldor that he was going to turn in for the night and then promptly went to sleep.

Stealthily walking towards the horse, Keldor saw that there was just enough water being carried to complete the trip to the east of the Sands of Fire. They were still near to the western edge of the Sands of Fire, so the water would likely be enough for both of them until they reached the Sands of Time, where water was more abundant. Keldor knew that he had two choices. The first was to accept this kind stranger’s help and return to Eternos with him, failing Hordak in the process. The second was to steal the man’s horse and water and continue on his quest. In the end, there was never really any question at all.

Quietly leading the horse away from the encampment, Keldor walked with it until he was far enough away from Joseph to mount the horse and continue riding east.

After another few days of uneventful travel, Keldor finally found the location that the parchment had described. The parchment had mentioned a dead tree that was said to give shade to the staff’s location. Finding the tree, Keldor looked at where it’s shadows were cast. Walking back and forth across the shadows, Keldor then saw that there appeared to be a small chest in the ground. Wiping the sand away from it, Keldor lifted the chest and placed it by his side. There was no way that the chest could possible contain the Havoc Staff, but Keldor thought it may hold something else of value. Opening the chest, Keldor saw that there was another piece of parchment in it. Once more, Keldor was informed that the Havoc Staff was at another location. Screaming with anger, Keldor threw the wooden chest at the tree, causing it to shatter, and then rode off. This time, Keldor was required to enter the Dark Hemisphere and go to the Dunes of Doom.

For years Keldor had heard horror stories of the Dunes of Doom. It was a dangerous place where few men had the bravery to tread. His directions told him that the Havoc Staff would be found inside a cave in a mountain on the northern edge of the Dunes of Doom.

Surprisingly, nothing happened during the trek to the cave. Not only was Keldor not attacked, but he didn’t see anything or anyone at all. Arriving at the cave, Keldor dismounted and carefully walked in.

Keldor was quickly aware of heat blowing out of the cave. Looking further into it, he could see that there was light in the distance. This cave was not abandoned and the inhabitants apparently had burning torches somewhere within. Quietly walking forward, Keldor became aware of smells that he found somewhat unsettling. Attempting to walk quietly, his hopes were dashed when he mistakenly kicked what he thought was a loose stone, causing a terrible rattling sound. Looking down, Keldor saw that he just kicked what appeared to have once been a bone. The floor was littered with bones and now with the noise, he was no longer alone. Looking up, he saw numerous Snakemen, hissing and ready to attack.

Keldor automatically jumped into battle. Using his staff, he snapped the neck of the first Snakeman to reach him. He then brought the staff crashing into another assailant’s ankle, breaking it in the process, and broke his neck as he fell to the ground. Keldor then bent down and grabbed the Snakeman’s dagger, bringing it to his side and attacking the other Snakemen.

After many minutes of hacking and slashing, Keldor stood in the center of a pile of Snakeman corpses. Not a single member of the small Snakeman group had survived. Bending forward, Keldor picked up one of their spears and walked deeper into the cave. Entering the final antechamber, Keldor saw something he was completely unprepared for. He was standing face to face with Hordak.

Keldor asked Hordak what was going on. Hordak replied, “I said I was going to test you, and I have.”

Keldor then said, “What are you talking about? I set out to search for the Havoc Staff and instead I have found you?”

With a dreadful laugh, Hordak answered, “Your true quest was never to find the Havoc Staff. Yes, the Havoc Staff was created thousands of years ago by the Covenant, but it was brought to me during my original sojourn to Eternia. The true question was whether you were a man worthy of being considered a master of the dark arts.”

Keldor, annoyed with the riddles and half-truths said, “So how did you test me? What was the result?”

Smiling, Hordak said, “You passed admirably. You see, the first test was to see whether you had the cunning required by me. To test this, I placed you up against foes that you had no hope of being able to beat using your muscles. You had to beat the ogres with your brains, using their natural weaknesses against them. The second test was whether you were ruthless enough to be of use to me. I knew when you set across the Sands of Fire that you were smart enough to ensure that you had the supplies needed to complete the trek. So I had to put you into a situation that tested your willingness to succeed at any cost. Thus I attacked you myself, knocking you unconscious and saw to it that there would be a passerby who would take care of you. The only way for you to ever take the place of my right hand man is if you are willing to succeed at any costs. You proved your ruthlessness when you left a man who helped you to die, ensuring that you would pass your test. The final test was a test of mercy. You walked into a cave that was used as the home of a tribe of Snakemen. It was their right to attack you. After all, what gave you the right to enter their home? However, you struck them down one by one, leaving none alive. Thus you passed the final test, proving that you lacked the mercy that would leave you weak.”

Shocked by Hordak’s words, Keldor then asked, “So where is the Havoc Staff?”

Hordak smiled once more and said, “You’ve had it all along. Look at that so-called walking stick in your hand. That is the Havoc Staff. I gave it to you before you set out. You couldn’t use it for anything more than a blunt striking tool because you were cut off from your magic and I created an illusion so that you would never see the ram’s head on its top end.”

Keldor looked down and in his amazement he saw that he was in fact holding the fabled Havoc Staff. Getting on his knees, Keldor offered the staff to Hordak. Hordak then said, “Get up. The staff is yours now. You’ve proven yourself to be a worthy general and leader, and a good leader must always have the finest weapons.”

hmm double post... does that make this story twice as good as I remember it being?

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    hmm double post... does that make this story twice as good as I remember it being?
    haha... whoops, i didn't see that.

Well, fixed that little error, lol

And yes, it is twice as good

Movie mayhem!
    Oooo cool the Havoc Staff, great ideas here. Glad this is still going, I enjoy it a lot.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Oooo cool the Havoc Staff, great ideas here. Glad this is still going, I enjoy it a lot.
    Glad you liked it. Kind of a shame that no one else seems to have read it, lol.

I guess the hiatus that wolf and i took might've killed this thing for good. Oh well

Well to be fair we do have characters sitting on our hard drives doing nothing...those could easily have been posted to pass the time. Still like I said I will be back on this either tonight or tomorrow...depending what is on tv.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Excellent background story for the Havoc Staff and Keldor, Darth. Good to see new material up here again.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Inspired by Morpheuzx's MOTU Encyclopedia (and due to having far far too much spare time on my hands) I decided to do a similar thing with a few of our New Vision Bios.

So first up I give to you the lord of all Evil in the New Vision...

HORDAK

---------------------

So the hiatus is officially over...the long awaited return of the New Vision has finally arrived. A whole new character will be unveiled

23 JANUARY 2008

The world of the New Vision is about to get BIGGER!!!
    Last edited by wolfsfang; January 21, 2008 at 04:28pm.

Movie mayhem!
    Whoa, very cool Wolf, you did a great job with that. You should post that in the fanart section to with a BIG link shuttling people back to this thread as advertisement :-) Again, great job.

I am glad this is back, it has been a fun read.

as promised the New Vision bios have returned

Presenting....

KOBRA KAHN

As a species the Snakemen were all but extinct at the time of Kahns birth. Stories were still told about a great leader of the Snakemen that almost conquered Eternia many millennia ago, but this was thought by many to be nothing more than a legend.

The Kahn family had lived most of their lives in the Reptile Men city of Dragonville, being one of a small handful of families that were not themselves Reptile Men. They had an idyllic life and Addar and Beau Kahn's young son Kobra was showing himself to be a highly gifted scholar, able to pick up new ideas quickly and easily.

Then on Kobra's eight birthday the terrible event happened. The city became under siege by the Repton race as part of the never ending fued between the Reptile Men and Reptons. Addar and Beau had only enough time to hide their young son in a secret portion of the cellar when their home was attacked and they were brutally killed. Kobra watched his own parents senseless murder through a small peep-hole in the floor.

After what seemed like a couple of days Kobra Kahn emerged from his hiding place. The city that he had once called home and been almost totally destroyed and its inhabitants either dead or gone, escaped to a safer place.

Stumbling through the wreckage he was soon spotted by a small Spelean military group that had been stationed there as part of a rescue effort. Kahn was exhausted through lack of water and food but it soon became clear that his family had perished in the attack and he was now all alone. Not knowing what else to do with him, the Speleans decided to adopt the boy and train him to be a member of their army.

So for the next ten years the boy trained diligently in order to become the best soldier he could. His remarkable intellect and natural cunning frequently led his side to victory in the small “war games” training simulations that were held in the military training camp. His skills with weapons was also great, but his greatest asset was a natural ability that manifested itself soon after his fifteenth birthday.

This ability was the power to spit a strong corrosive acid from the large fangs in his upper jaw. The potency of the acid was so strong that it proved to be able to melt through various metals that even the next srongest acid had been unable to even mark.

Eventually Kobra Kahn became a full fledged member of the Spelean Military and Combat Unit and soon racked up over three hundred hours of combat experience in the field. But the more missions he was sent on the more Kahn became disheartened. He felt that armies were under too much control by political figures and did nothing more than sacrifice their own lives in order for some guy to force his view point on others.

His superiors told him that part of being in the military was having to take orders, even if he did not agree with them. Kobra Kahn found himself unable to agree with this and so he resigned his commission. Still he was good enough to serve the extra two months required by Spelean law that all resigners serve when they handed in their notice before they could officially leave. He was also lucky enough not to die in combat during that time.

Now free from what he felt was nothing but a life of servitude Kobra Kahn decided that he would make his life more comfortable by using his training to make money. He would turn himself into the greatest mercenary in Eternian History.

At first he was only able to get small jobs such as protecting wagons from raiders and marauders or assassinating smaller political figures that were using their position and power to make themselves comfortable and the expense of others.

But soon his reputation grew and many rich people and big organisations began to secretly use his skills to climb even higher on the ladder of power. Even Keldor, the man that would later become Skeletor, was known on occasion to use Kahns talents when a task called for a great strategist and combat warrior.

Still Kobra Kahn lived his life by a set of guidelines. He vowed he would never knowingly or intentionally take the life of a small child. If this happened he would still complete his mission but he would secretly donate half of his earnings for that job to the childs family (or whoever was left that was the closest thing to one). Kobra Kahn also disliked taking jobs that pitted him against former benefactors as he felt this would hurt his one hundred percent customer satisfaction record. He managed to get around this by staying out of the actual fight and guiding whatever forces his current employer presented him wih from the sidelines.

Because of his mercenary status who sells his talents to the highest bidder he is considered a force of evil by many of the “good” people of Eternia. This is untrue however. Kobra Kahn considers that his job makes him a neutral party. In his own defence he claims

“I would happily work for the Masters if the price was right. Unfortunately for them I have found that it is the guys who do bad things and seek world domination that are the most willing to part with their cash”
    Last edited by wolfsfang; February 26, 2008 at 02:35pm.

Interesting take on Khan. Good to see this going again.

And, with premission from DL and Wolfsfang.. I present the New Vision version of...

The Knights of Grayskull
    Many years ago in the time of King Grayskull, there existed a group of warriors that were banded together in the forges of war and strife;A group dedicated to the defense of the planet and the unity of all Races...

They are- The Knights of Grayskull.

DELGA

Delga, the first Knight-the dragon of honor- the exiled prince.

This is his story.

Delga was born in the year 2014 BPA to King Dagon and Queen Shinra of the Dragoon empire. Delga lived a life of luxary as his parents tried to shield him away from the evils of the outside world... a effort that provied to be futile, for Delga was always curious about the outside world and it’s wonders...

Then, the horde came.

Hordak, relizing that the Dragoon empire would be a great threat to his plans of conquest, ordered a all out attack on the race. A bloody confrontation that lasted a few days and claim the lives of hordes men, Dragoons and any unluck souls to be caught in the crossfire...

Delga, relizing the might of the horde, pleded to his father to join the other races in to creating a united army to drive back the invaders before the lives of many were lost...

“Son, they are nothing more than animals that seek to wipe each other out and us if we chose to get involve in thier petty manners.”

It would be the last time Delga would ever speak to his father; for shortly afterwards, Degla renouced his birthright and left the empire to unite the world against the otherworldly threat.
    Delga made his way to many lands,fighting the horde at every turn and trying in vain to bring the people together to fight the threat of the horde...

It was then he met the two men with the same goal that he had; A man called Grayskull and a Snakeman called Tyrant.

Delga had stumbled into a fight between the two kings and the horde and quickly rushed to aid them in combat.
    The two were impressed with the dragoon’s skills and strength; they were about to ask him a few questions when Dalmyug,a lowly ranking Horde member, lept up and sliced Delga’s wings off.
    The last thing Delga remebered of that moment was a sicking crack and his fist covered in blood....

Delga awoke several days later in Castle grayskull and found out that Grayskull had brought him here to heal. Once he was able to walk, Delga went to see King Grayskull and asked why he was brought here.

“You have a noble heart warrior. Despite your race’s prejuice against other races, you risked your own life to save my own and that of my friend. I can not let a act of such noblity go unrewarded.”

It was then Delga asked King Grayskull if he could serve under him. Grayskull thought this over and told Delga to wait untill tomorrow before he reached a descion.

Delga waited untill the dawn of the next day to learn of what The King had planned.

He would be creating a group of warriors charged with keeping the peace of the world and he wanted Delga to lead them.

Delga was surprised at this guesture but quickly accepted Grayskull’s offer; to him, this was the way for his dream to come true...
    Tyrant then entered the room and presented the young captain with a broadsword that was tailor made to the Dragoon’s massive strength;to be a sign of his leadership.

Despite the hardships of being the leader, Delga proved himself again and again in both combat and judgement. Along this path, he made many friends and allies; from the Quaidran healer Kyle to the andreenid fighter Swee-Bee and the female mer-preson Mermista to the lovely yet deadly warrior princess Alie, Even Tyrant, the king of the snake men at that time, joined them in battling back the forces of Evil and injustice...

Then, tragedy struck twice.

The first one was the Death of Tyrant.
    A power hungry snake man known as Snake-Face attacked the king and mortally wounded him. He was about to turn the King into a stone statue when Tyrant used a mirror to reflect the attack back at the fool.
    Snake face tried to back away before the spell took effect... a mistake as he turned to stone faster that he thought and fell... shattering into a bunch of little Snake face peices.
    Sadly, this was a bitter sweet victory as Tyrant died from his wounds. His son, Tung Lashor, swore revenege on the humans as he believed THEM to be his father’s murders...

And then there was the death of King Grayskull.

With the Death of King Grayskull, Delga soon found himself in charge of his kingdom. A massive task made hard with the war cries of the snake men and the pressures of the Dragoon empire to fuse the two kingdoms into one...

Some time after this, Delga soon found himself in battle with Tung lashor and a band of his followers when the oddest thing happen. A Strange vortex apppered from no where and engulfed the battle field before vainshing into thin air... taking Delga and everyone else with them.

It would be eons before anyone would see or even remeber Delga....
    The Truth of Love will always Guide Us.
    Vist Vist Hunter's edge, The Home of Transfromers:Eterina!

Co-Creator of the NV
    Jagwar, great job on the Delga bio. I look forward to seeing more Knights of Grayskull

Whoa, LOVED the staff story, that's a great take on it. Always loved the look of it.

Cool Kobra Khan bio!!

Well here is Two Bad, hope you guys like it as much as Roboto

Two-Bad:

They say noblemen have blue blood coursing through their veins. It's the mark of royalty. A sign that one is destined to rise above the peasants, and become something greater. Proof that destiny has chosen you to transcend into a life of wealth and luxury. So what happens when not only your blood is blue but so is your arm, your legs, your face, in short your skin? The Gar race was an elegant society, and while they upheld their measure of a monarchy, their main interest lay in commuting with natures natural magic. Tuvorg Kel however, had other things in mind. While possessing his brethrens natural affinity for magic, he didn’t share their dedication or discipline. He was gifted with an exceptional mind capable of grasping complex concepts with ease. Because of his laid back attitude towards learning however, he was merely an average magician. The one area where he did excel at, was chess. He was undefeated since the day he participated in his fist tournament at the age of 10. As he grew older his tactician abilities helped him rise through the ranks of the Gar army as well as his imposing physique. Standing 7’2 feet tall, Tuvorg was imposing and feared at the same time. Everyone assumed he would one day take the top military spot in Anwat-Gar, Tuvorg however longed for more. He wanted riches and power. It was this unbridled ambition that would prove to be his undoing.

One day Anwat-Gar was chosen the host for the Eternian military games. Here the armies from different races from all over Eternos would face each other in friendly competition, with Anwat-Gar a heavy favorite in most categories, due to in no small part to Tuvorg. While he won every event he participated in with ease, something unexpected happened when he faced his final opponent in chess. The creature was called Baddhra and was a member of a small desert dwelling culture of purple hued type humanoids. Their origins were lost, but many believed they were long lost descendents from the Anwat-Gar’s lower castes. They were considered to be mostly strong and ruthless warriors, but never intelligent tacticians. When the match between Tuvorg and Baddhra ended in a draw, most thought it was a fluke. When the subsequent 4 matches yielded the same result, it was obvious that Baddrah was no ordinary solider. Tuvorg was beside himself he had never known anything but victory in his lifetime so he attacked Baddrah thinking he had to have cheated in order to be his equal. Baddrah was no pushover however, while smaller in size than Tuvorg he was a skillful fighter especially well versed in the use of the shield. After the guards managed to separate the two combatants a small flask was found that had fallen from Tuvorgs belt. Upon further investigation it was discovered that it was a forbidden potion used to boost the strength and stamina of an individual. Tuvorg had been using it for years and for that he was expelled from Anwat-Gar and never allowed to return. To add insult to injury, the magicians cast a hex on him that disfigured his face; he grew fangs and lost all his hair. Vowing revenge Tuvorg turned to bounty hunting for a profit. Much to his chagrin he discovered that Baddrah had deserted his own army , in order to become a bounty hunter himself because “it was easy money”.

Playing a dangerous game of “can you top this” by hunting the most wanted and psychotic criminals in Eternia they became legends. Boogeymen feared by all outlaws. As the years passed they methods became more ruthless. This meant that a long as the body was recognizable an it got them their moey, they did not care to bring them alive or in one piece. During this time Anwat Gar fell, so Tuvorg could never see his dream realized of returning triumphantly one day. He was saddened somewhat, but he was also pleased. “That’s what they get for kicking me out!!”. After some 30 odd years of bounty hunting , the two rivals wanted something else, a new challenge. Keldor provided them with one. He recruited them into his growing army to help him conquer Eternia. Praying on Tuvorgs lust for power ad Baddrah love of gold, he convinced them to work together. Recognizing their abilities actually complimented each other, the former antagonists proved to be among the most efficient of Keldors minions.

Greed however, would again insure that Baddrah and Tuvorg would not obtain the wealth and power they longed for so long. After a particularly grueling battle fought (and won) against the eternian army, Tuvorg began to once again voice his discomfort with Keldors tactics. “These battles are inefficient!! If I was leading these attacks we would have won this war long ago!!” “Big talk blue boy!! You know damn well Keldor will never let you” countered Baddrah. “Keldor is weak and a fool!! He promised me riches and power, at this rate I will grow old before this blasted war is over” adds Tuvorg. “I didnt sign up for this either, but you know what happens to deserters” says Baddrah.”However there might be a way to get our reward and get rid of Keldor at the same time”

“What are you talking about, you pariah?”

“We were bounty hunters before right? What do you think King Miro will give us if we captured Keldor for him??” answered Baddrah “Think about it!! A huge reward and we’d be considered heroes to boot!! Wealth and fame all in one fell swoop!!”

Tuvorg felt silent for a moment ,pondering Baddrahs words.

“Why are you telling me this? I hate you. I could tell Keldor of your treachery and earn his favor and be rid of you at the same time”

“Your word against mine tall, blue and ugly. Keldor will kill us both. And to answer your first question I need your rudimentary knowledge in magic in order to have a chance to subdue him”

While not happy to have to work together with Baddrah, Tuvorg agreed to the plan. The possibility of regaining his fame and status was to tempting to pass up, plus he had always liked taking the shortest road possible. He would need a potion that would temporarily a null Keldors power so that Baddrah could knock him out and capture him. Tuvorg discovered that in order to create the potion he needed the beating heart of a pure soul. They found one a few weeks later when they invaded the Boutiro household. As soon as they saw young Roland they knew they had found their ideal candidate, however since there could be no witnesses they murdered their own men.

“Keldor will be furious once he finds out our entire squad was “killed” by the Boutiros guards” said Baddrah

“It is of no consequence now, he’ll be dead before he knows what happened” responds Tuvorg as he pours a special brew on the heart of Roland Boutiro. “There ,this shall keep the heart alive and beating. Now all we need to do is to set the trap”

Back in Snake Mountain the hung the heart on the ceiling and performed the spell. Now once Keldor got near enough to the heart one magical word from Tuvorg would temporarily block Keldors magic rendering him helpless against Baddrah.

They did not have to wait long, soon after they return Keldor was informed of their return sans the rest of the soldiers. As he entered the room he demanded an immediate explanation. “One word, you sorry excuse for a wizard: BRO-TAK!!” uttered Tuvorg. Dark mist began to flow from the heart but instead of surrounding Keldor it engulfed Tuvorg and Baddrah. “Whats happening here??” yelled Baddrah in agonizing pain. “HAHA, you fools!! Did you really believe that I do not know everything that happens under my own roof?? I’ve known about your pathetic plan since the very first day!! I never thought youd have the guts to go through it though” cackled Keldor.
    “However it never hurts to take a little precaution, so I altered the book from where you took this spell Tuvorg, hahaha. I hope you don’t mind, haha”

“You’ve killed us!! Im melting!!” gasped Tuvorg

“You wish!! Actually I though since you both like working together so much I’d make you…inseparable!! Hahahaha” responded Keldor

It was at that moment that Tuvorg and Baddrah realized they had been fused together , with each of them loosing an arm and a leg in the process.

“No great Keldor, please have mercy on us, we shall be forever your humble servants from now on!!” they cried.

“Of course you will!! And don’t you ever forget whose your master” says Keldor and with a wave of the hand, the pain was gone and the process halted.

“Wait, Keldor turn us back!! You cant leave us like this!”

“Well that’s just TOO BAD, hahahaha, get used to it” laughed Keldor while turning away

“Too Bad? Hahaha, yes I believe that’s what we should call you from now on TwoBad!!, hahaha. “

Two Bad:

Abilities: Great tactical mind and superior strength. Proficient with the maze and the shield.

Weakness: Constant bickering with “himself”.

Notes: Holds Roland “Roboto” Boutiro’s still beating heart. He needs it in order to one day reverse Skeletors spell. However by keeping the heart beating Roland can inhabit his armor. So if Roland reclaims his heart he will live again and TwoBad will be stuck together and viceversa , if Two Bad manages to reverse the spell, Rolands spirits will leave the Armor forever.

Cool Delga Jagwar, I still think your Knights of Grayskull are an awesome addition the the MOTU mythology and Delga is still my fave (of the ones I have seen).

You too morph, an excellent version of Two-Bad that really stays true to the character but is well within the boundaries of what the New Vision is all about.

oh and for a bit of viewing pleasure

Movie mayhem!
    things sure got poping over here again. Like the new stuff a lot. I guess this means I have to dig up that bio I was working on and finish it finally lol

Yep you had better.

Oh and once again sorry for the long hiatus.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Stratos

Among the many strange and wondrous species on Eternia, the Avians are particularly unique. The evolutionary descendants of both birds and apes, the Avians have ape-like bodies, with feathered fur and wings extending out of their forearms. Among their people, those who perfect the art of flying are highly regarded, becoming their statesmen as well as their religious and military leaders. As a people, the Avians preferred to avoid associating with outsiders, finding them to be irritating and rude.

Stratos was raised in an Avian monastery. His parents had been killed in a fire when he was a child, making him an orphan. Not having any family left, the priests in the monastery chose to take him in.

Stratos’ life was a life of peace and quiet contemplation. As a student, Stratos showed a remarkable gift for history, although he was never able to grasp the finer concepts of mathematics and science. Searching through the books in the priest’s library, he found some old treatises on military strategy and warfare. The priests were strict pacifists, but they believed in the accumulation of knowledge, thus they never restricted Stratos when it came to academic pursuits. Although pacifists, the priests spent much time practicing martial arts, as a form of moving meditation. As a consequence, Stratos spent much of his time training in Avian martial arts, however the priests told him to never use his skills in combat.

Outside of his academic and martial pursuits, Stratos’ other primary focus in life was meditation in hopes that he would someday learn how to fly. A small proportion of the Avians ever learnt how to fly. Even among the priests who had dedicated their lives to intellectual pursuits, only about half had ever mastered the art of flight. Generally, if a person was going to learn how to fly, it would have occurred by his 13th birthday, but seldom before 11. Stratos was an unusual case, as he only mastered the art of flight when he was 15 years old. Many of the priests thought that his late blooming was due to his mind being cluttered by his studies on war and combat. Having learned how to fly, Stratos took to spending ever spare minute practicing his skills. In a short time, Stratos became an extremely maneuverable flyer, amazing passerbies with his aerial acrobatics.

Every 5 years a the Avians held a competition where contestants of all ages would fight against each other using wooden staffs, the winner being named the “Champion of Avion”. Only the bravest Avians would enter the competition, as the injuries obtained during the ritualized combat could be fairly serious. The priests strictly forbade Stratos from entering the competition, but he was too stubborn to listen to them. Although he didn’t expect to win the competition, he did want to test himself. Determined to enter, Stratos chose to wear a mask to hide his identity, hoping it would be enough to hide his actions from the priests who had raised him.

The competition had five rounds, with 32 competitors in total. A few weeks before the competition was held, prospective competitors were required to take part in light sparring bouts with the top soldiers in the Avian military. Those who fared best were allowed into the competition. Traditionally, none of the competitors were non-flyers, as the gift of flight usually allowed for a great advantage. That year’s competition was no different from the past years. Stratos did well during the testing phase of the competition, so he was allowed into the competition.

On the day of the competition, Stratos woke up early and left the monastery, with his mask in hand. The way that competition was set up, matches in the different rounds would be fought concurrently. For instance, all five matches in the first round were fought simultaneously. This helped to ensure that no competitor was given an unfair advantage over the others by being allowed more time to rest.

Stratos easily won his first three matches. However, his fourth match did not go as smoothly. His opponent knocked Stratos’ staff out of his hands and then lunged at him. Stratos jumped into the air, flying above his opponent and then dove towards him. The opponent side-stepped Stratos, grabbing Stratos’ right arm, causing him to crash to the ground. The fall broke Stratos’ left win, rendering him unable to fly. Stratos then rolled over, and kicked his opponent in the ankle, dislocating it and causing him to fall. Stratos quickly stood up and retrieved his staff, bringing the end of it up to his opponent’s throat, forcing him to submit.

Having broken his left wing, it would’ve been understandable if Stratos chose to withdraw from the competition, allowing the other finalist to win. Not only was he injured, but his being unable to fly put Stratos at a terrible disadvantage. However, Stratos was far too stubborn to do such a thing, so he told the doctors to bandage the wing flat against his left arm so that he could fight the other finalist, saying that it could be set properly after the match.

Walking into the ring, Stratos noticed the head monk at the monastery sitting in the crowd. He was unsurprised as it was common for religious leaders to send a representative to these events; however it concerned him as he wasn’t sure what would happen if he won. Stratos wasn’t interested in public accolades; he simply wanted to test his abilities. Originally he’d intended to fly off after winning, knowing that none of the other flyers would be able to catch him, but that was no longer an option. Seeing his competitor, a gigantic young Avian, Stratos cleared his mind of his concerns and focused on the goal at hand. The match between Stratos and Talan has since gone down in Avian history as perhaps the greatest battle ever fought in the competition’s history. None of the spectators would ever forget how Stratos won a seemingly miraculous victory, completely unable to fly.

Having won the match, the spectators rushed into the ring, lifting Stratos onto their shoulders. Stratos had no idea what to do, as he simply wanted to leave before anyone discovered his identity, but those hopes were dashed when an excited fan tore his mask off, revealing his identity to all.

That night when Stratos arrived at the monastery, he saw that his things had already been packed. The priests told him that they would always wish him the best and care for him, but he’d broken their cardinal rule against violence and would now have to leave. Accepting their decision, Stratos left the only place he thought of as home.

Fate would soon smile on Stratos. Having seen his prowess in the ring, Malick, a general in the Avian military, offered Stratos a position in the Avian military academy. Generally a prospective soldier would first have to pass a number of physical trials before being allowed into the military academy, but Stratos was allowed to bypass those tests, being the newly christened “Champion of Avion”. Regardless of intent, there was no way that Stratos could take part in the more advanced military maneuvers, as it takes an average of three months to heal a broken wing. But in that time, Stratos amazed the general with his strategic prowess, quickly proving that he had what was needed to be an able commander.

After a year of having been in the military, having proved that his strategic mind was as fine tuned as his body, Stratos was approached by General Malick, telling him that he had a special assignment for him. News had reached Avion of a great war raging on in the rest of Eternia. It appeared to be a squabble primarily among the humans, but it was sure to affect the other races of Eternia if it wasn’t brought to an end. Apparently a prince of the Royal Family of Eternos had raised a gigantic army and had waged war on Eternia, hoping to become the new king of Eternos. Malick was disgusted with the humans, feeling that it was their stupidity that had led to them not being able to see that the prince was a threat from the start. Anyways, due to this war, the military had decided to send one of its finest soldiers to the Royal Palace of Eternos, offering both his own skills as well as the aid of the Avian military. Stratos was their chosen representative.

Leaving Avion for the first time, Stratos flew towards the Royal Palace. Along the way, he saw the horrors of war. Although he had spent years studying books on history and war, he was still completely unprepared to see the sheer destruction of villages, their inhabitants dead in the streets. As he flew, he knew that although the reasons for the Avian help were selfish in nature, that they were offering their help to the side of good.

Eventually arriving in Eternos, Stratos was quickly given an audience with King Miro. Miro accepted the offer of help from the Avians and upon seeing Stratos’ skills, offered him a position within his elite guard, the newly formed Masters. Stratos accepted his offer, and the rest is history.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Excellent bios for Kobra Khan, Delga, Stratos and Two-Bad. Good to see things are kicking into gear again, new year, new material, eh? Hmmm, guess I should actually start working on something I've been meaning to get back to.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Co-Creator of the NV
    Just wanted to let the NV readers know that soon a poll in Royal's staction contest will go up that includes An-Gar (formerly known as Wraith) from the NV and also Thanatos, who'll also be part of the NV and will be making his introduction in the NV when the poll goes up.

Co-Creator of the NV
    I don't think I posted this part of the behind the scenes commentary before our hiatus, but forgive me if I did. Some of the stuff in here might be a little out of date as well, but I think that it's probably pretty accurrate.

Behind the Scenes
    Part 6 – The Rebellion

Neither of us are POP fans, so we basically had to go to Wikipedia to go through the list of POP characters to choose a potential line-up.

What we came up with was Light Hope, Bow, Sea Hawk, Castaspella, Sweet Bee, Frosta, Double Trouble, Mermista and Angella.
    • We figure that the team will need a mentor, an older person who can help guide and train the members. Light Hope fit the position nicely, giving us a person who will act as the equivalent of the Sorceress, but on Etheria.
    • Bow we went with because archers are cool, so we figured we’d like one to be in the group.
    • We were told that Castaspella is cool, and we figured that we can always use a mage on the team, so we chose her. At the time we didn’t know that we’d be creating Sha-Man, nor did we know that Light Hope was going to be freed, so maybe she wasn’t needed in the end. Truthfully, I don’t have a problem with a mage-heavy team, so we left her in.
    • Frosta was a pretty simple choice. Ice powers are cool, literally and figuratively, so we stuck her on the team.
    • Sweet Bee we didn’t like much as is, but we do like the Andreenids so we decided that she could be one of them.
    • Mermista we added because we could make her into a member of the same race as Mer Man. We like doing that sort of thing whenever we can because it helps us flesh out the races that comprise MOTU.
    • Double Trouble is an interesting idea. We like the idea of a double agent type, but for our purposes we prefer her to actually be a bad guy who is spying on the good.
    • Sea Hawk... well he’s a pirate, and people like pirates, right? I like him because it gives us the opportunity to have a roguish character, similar in some ways to Han Solo.
    • Not sure what to say about Angella. I liked the idea of there being a person from the current royal family, who survives Hordak’s onslaught when he returns to Etheria, so I thought it might as well be a character who already exists.

Having set up the members of the rebellion, the next thing that we wanted to do was give them a leader. With She-Ra gone, we felt like they would need a fairly powerful character to be a viable threat to the Horde. At first we considered maybe making a He-Man equivalent, but that idea was quickly shot down. We wanted something a bit more original than another strong man. Then we considered their not having one at all, which in the end left them a little too weak. Wolf said it’s too bad we can’t just use Patreek’s character, Skaldor, and I agreed that he would be the ideal choice. More time passed and we came up with a character named Sha-Man. Basically a magical character who was a shaman. Once again, our plans suddenly changed. While talking to Pat, I pointed out how much we liked Skaldor and would’ve liked to use him. He said, “then why don’t you use him?” So having access to Skaldor, we changed the makeup of the team so that Skaldor and Sha-Man were now co-leaders, with Light Hope being their mentor. To allow them to further complement each other, I made Sha-Man a character who will only use non-violent magic, whereas Skaldor has very powerful offensive abilities.