Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe - A New Vision

Movie mayhem!
    OK these last few entries have got my mind juices flowing, and I have some free time this week I'll try to work on that one character I said I'd do like an eternity ago! lol

Co-Creator of the NV
    Bat-Ler

Bat-Ler created by Wolfsfang
    Bio written by Darth Latveria

For years the village of Durendrin was terrorized by the horrific experiments of Count Marzo. Part of the local aristocracy, Count Marzo controlled the banks and police of Durendrin, allowing him to live a life that was above the law. In truth, no one could ever prove that the occasional missing child or animal had anything to do with Marzo, but the villagers knew the truth and would speak about it in hushed whispers.

Count Marzo had spent years searching for alternative forms of power by performing appalling magical experiments on any creatures he could get his hands on. He hoped that one of his experiments would lead to his finding a way to regain his youth. In his view, the fates of the creatures he experimented on were of no consequence, feeling that in the worst case scenario he would put the animals down, and in the best case he would have either discovered a new source of power or created a monster that would forever be in his control.

Having repeatedly failed in his attempts to restore his youth, Marzo had recently been more interested in creating future minions, considering a potential future attack on the royal palace. It was Marzo’s belief that having control of the royal place would give him the resources necessary to accomplish his goals.

A year earlier, Marzo had had some luck in creating a monster, by evolving a rare Green Eternian tiger. The green tigers were an oddity in Eternia, seldom found in the wild and owned by only the most powerful of aristocrats. Marzo had originally intended to buy a dragon from a black market dealer of rare animals, but was unable to as the dealer had been unable to procure one in time for the transaction. Instead, the dealer offered the green tiger to Marzo, which Marzo reluctantly bought. Over the next few months, Marzo found that the tiger responded very well to the treatments performed on him and evolved into a fiercely loyal warrior, loyal only to Marzo. Seeing his new creation as little more than an object, unworthy of a real name, Marzo named it Tigor.

Tigor resembled a large, bipedal Eternian tiger. At nearly 8 feet in height and weighing over 400 pounds, Tigor was a force to be reckoned with. Although Tigor was a very vicious and bloodthirsty animal, he remained loyal to Marzo and made an excellent guard dog of sorts. Marzo had attempted to repeat his earlier success with Tigor, but all his attempts were in vain. Thinking that animals might not make a good basis for his experiments, Marzo returned to the usage of local children.

In 8 BPA, Derek, the teenage son of a local farmer, was kidnapped by Count Marzo. Looking in his dungeon, Marzo saw he had some bats handy and it occurred to him that he might be able to find a way to magically merge the bat with Derek, creating a hybrid creature. For weeks Marzo toiled with the bats, performing a number of spells on them, killing most in the process. Years ago Marzo had attempted to perform experiments using bats; however some of them had escaped. This time around, Marzo made sure that they would not escape. Satisfied that his bats were ready, he had one of them bite Derek and forced Derek to eat the other, hoping that some of the qualities of the bats would transfer to Derek.

Derek screamed and fell to the ground, writhing in agony. Marzo touched the boy’s skin and it burnt the tips of his fingers. Expecting the boy to be dead by morning, Marzo left the dungeon and headed to his bedroom, deciding to call it any early night.

That night Derek went through a remarkable metamorphosis. Touching his back, he felt large gashes, almost as if something was trying to tear out of him. His skin seemed to be growing coarse fur and his eyesight was steadily getting worse. Rolling around on the cold dungeon floor, he was aware of there being something sticking out of his back, noticing what felt like new limbs. Placing his hand on his back, he felt what seemed to be wings. Derek then became aware of noises he had never heard before. Insects scurrying around, rats running through the cell, Tigor’s heartbeat as he paced back and forth in the hallway; Derek could hear all of these things and more. Derek was also aware that he could envision the shape of the cell and the outer corridor in his mind. He couldn’t explain it, but it was as if he could hear the sounds reflecting off of every surface near to him. But his improved sense of hearing came at the cost of his sight, which was now completely gone.

Standing up, Derek slammed his hand against the cell door, catching the attention of Tigor. Tigor ran towards the cell door and snarled at him, swiping at Derek through the bars. Derek dodged the hand and screamed in fright. To Derek’s amazement, the shriek was shockingly loud, for a split second causing him to “see” everything with his sonar abilities in amazing detail. Tigor screamed in agony, the sound piercing his eardrums. In a frenzy, Tigor burst through the cell door, splintering the wood and attacking Derek. Tigor jumped onto Derek, clawing at his chest. Derek raised his hands to protect his face and slammed his knee upwards, crashing it into Tigor’s groin. Rolling Tigor off of him, Derek let out a prolonged shriek, causing Tigor to fall to the ground in agony. Panicking, Derek ran into the outer corridor and found a way to escape the Marzo estate. Not being used to depending on his sonar abilities to guide himself, Derek ran aimlessly, eventually running right off a nearby precipice. Falling through the air, Derek instinctively flapped his wings, slowing his descent and allowing him to stay aloft in the air. The cool air clearing his mind, Derek remembered his father’s farm was a few miles away. Thinking that is the one place that he would be safe, he turned towards the farm and flew towards it.

Arriving at his father’s house, Derek grabbed at the door handle but it was locked. Panicked and shaky, Derek started banging and rattling the door, causing a tremendous ruckus.

Hearing the noise, his father, a man named Philip, left his bed and ran down towards the door, with a club in hand. Opening the door, he saw a strange brown skinned creature, with coarse fur, wings and blood red eyes. The creature shouted something that sounded vaguely like, “father”, but Philip was too panicked by the monster to care what it was screaming. Philip had recently lost his son and he simply couldn’t handle any more debacles, so acting on instinct he attacked the creature with the club, hitting it across its head and chest. The creature let out a shriek, which hurt Philip’s ears and caused him to fall to the ground, dropping his club. The creature once again said, “father”, but Philip screamed in terror, shouting, “leave me you demon from hell!” With a look that almost seemed sad, the creature turned around and flew off.

After the catastrophe at his father’s house, Derek flew aimlessly, not knowing where to go. Everywhere he went, people screamed and panicked, leading Derek to avoid populated areas, sticking to the forests. Derek learned how to use his shrieking powers, noting that they caused pain for regular humans, while causing unbearable agony for animals that are capable of hearing high frequency sounds. Eventually he came across a creature that had a body that seemed rather similar to his own. The creature introduced itself as a Spelean, saying that it lived in a place called ‘Subternia’. The Spelean hearing the tale of Derek’s woes suggested that he go back to Subternia with him and live with the Speleans.

For the next few years Derek lived with the Speleans, finding a modicum of peace with them. He learnt how to use his powers and adapted to his new life. In 6 APA, after having lived with the Speleans for nearly 14 years, Derek was introduced to King Randor. Randor had come to the Spelean homeland on a diplomatic mission and hearing that there was a surface dweller living among the Speleans, he was interested in meeting him.

Derek felt nervous while walking into the chamber to meet King Randor, not having seen a human in years. Walking into the room, he was aware of there being two people within the room. Focusing his senses, Derek saw that accompanying King Randor was a young boy. The boy ran towards him, letting out an excited giggle saying, “you look so cool!” Randor sternly said, “Adam, I brought you here to see the kind of work I do. Keep your composure.”

Over the next few hours, Randor and Derek discussed the events that had brought Derek to Subternia. Randor told Derek that Marzo had since been discredited and that there was now a bounty on his head for treason. Randor offered to take Derek to his father, hoping for a possible reconciliation, but Derek declined the offer, saying that his father’s son died 14 years earlier. Randor then offered to bring Derek back to the surface, giving him a place in his royal court as a defender of the realm. With some hesitation, Derek agreed and rejoined the surface world. Getting to the surface, Derek told Randor that his name was no longer ‘Derek’, from now on he would be known as Bat-Ler.
    Last edited by Darth Latveria; March 5, 2008 at 02:32pm.

here is a nice new color variation for BL

Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Co-Creator of the NV
    The Story of An-Gar

Looking at the annals of Eternian history and the climactic battles of He-Man, Eternia's greatest defender and Skeletor, one of its greatest threats, one person's name has stood out above many others of this exciting era. However, unlike most of the other noted heroes and villains of this era, historians seldom seem to agree on what this man's proper title was. Was he known as Wrath, or was he in fact An-Gar? The true answer to this question has gone down in legend.

It is said that he was once a boy named Alexander who came under the tutelage of Skeletor. Historians shudder to think of the unspeakable horrors that were inflicted on the boy, but in time he grew to be a very powerful young man who was dubbed Wrath by his master. Soon after Wrath's existence was made public, word of his exploits spread across Eternia. So how did so many people come to know him as An-Gar?

Some believe it happened in a small village a few hundred miles east of Eternos. Upon hearing of his exploits, many of the villagers took to discussing his feats. One villager is said to have commented on the fact that Wrath was essentially a gar male who was filled with anger at all times. A second villager then jested that perhaps a better name for Wrath was An-Gar. The villagers who overheard this conversation were said to have laughed long and hard at it and from there the name spread across Eternia, becoming popular amongst He-Man and the other defenders of Eternia.

But that is not where the story ends, as Wrath himself hated this name. Few dared to say it in his presence, as he had a tendency to painfully kill anyone who used that term near him. Legend has it that he personally at least one of the Masters for uttering the name in his presence. He even went so far as to find the village that the name was said to originate from and raze it to the ground. This is part of myth and legend as no evidence of the village existing can be found as the the village was said to be so thoroughly destroyed that only a barren field, in which nothing can grow, can be found at its supposed location.

This my fellow scholars is the story of Wrath and how he received his second name.

Movie mayhem!
    A very cool explanation of An-gar/Wrath. How did he come to get his mask do we know? Also, Wolf, i like your recolor of Batler a lot.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    A very cool explanation of An-gar/Wrath. How did he come to get his mask do we know? Also, Wolf, i like your recolor of Batler a lot.
    umm... funny thing... i came up with the idea to explain the name in a story awhle ago, and i also decided to explain the mask then too... and then i forgot when i went to write the actual thing

Sometime I'll write something about his mask and armor.. I have an idea in mind, but i don't want to do too many stories that focus on him back to back.

Everything new on here sounds very interesting once more, good work DL & wolfsfang!!!

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    umm... funny thing... i came up with the idea to explain the name in a story awhle ago, and i also decided to explain the mask then too... and then i forgot when i went to write the actual thing

Sometime I'll write something about his mask and armor.. I have an idea in mind, but i don't want to do too many stories that focus on him back to back.
    well get that memory jogged, i wanna hear all aboutt it lol

Co-Creator of the NV
    Thank you to all who've taken an interest in the NV, but sadly Wolf and I have decided that the NV shall be no more. We've said most of what we had to say and while we had some very interesting ideas for what was to come, we've found it very hard to continue writing it with such little feedback.

Thanks for coming along for the ride. We hope you had fun

April Fools!!! If you see this, pls don't post that it is an AF joke in here

Movie mayhem!
    hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    Thank you to all who've taken an interest in the NV, but sadly Wolf and I have decided that the NV shall be no more. We've said most of what we had to say and while we had some very interesting ideas for what was to come, we've found it very hard to continue writing it with such little feedback.

Thanks for coming along for the ride. We hope you had fun

April Fools!!! If you see this, pls don't post that it is an AF joke in here
    Well thats no fun
    Love it keep up the good work.
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

MOSQUITOR

Native to the dimension known as Etheria, the Mosquitor race were a wild and predatory species that fed on the blood of other races. Not a particularly intelligent race, more on par with monkeys than humans but great hunters nevertheless. Now whilst they would happily dine on any body that one of their hunting parties would come across their favorite prey and main source of food was the Arachna race (of which Webstor is a member) and would set up nests as close to Arachna nests as possible and wait for an opportune moment to strike, usually resulting the total annihilation of that colony of Arachna.

But then came Hordak. With his takeover of Etheria and his systematic genocide of the Arachna race the Mosquitor's were driving to the brink of extinction until only several remained. Now the Mosquitor race were never very big or muscularly well endowed but they made up with it with sheer ferocity and bloodlust and Hordak had decided that he wanted to use that to further his own evil agenda. Unfortunately just like the Arachna race the Mosquitor's were naturally immune to his mind control power. But Hordak was not going to be denied.

Charging Shadow Weaver with the task of turning them into a weapon for the Horde he left to deal with other matters that required his attention.

Many dark spells and vile potions later and all but one of the Mosquitor lay dead. But the one that survived not only lived..it got stronger. It's body and muscles grew until it was three times larger than any of its race had ever been. The only problem is that with its new body it is always hungry, unless he drinks several pints of blood a day his body will start to eat itself and kill him.. Not only that but it's mind mutated increasing its intelligence to human levels, and with this change in brain structure it was not longer immune to the power of Hordak's mind control.

Now the last remaining Mosquitor faithfully serves the leader of the Horde, its hunting ability and never ending thirst for blood making it a foe very few people have lived to see and talk about.

Movie mayhem!
    Very cool, a magically endowed Squeeter! You know it would be really cool to see what a non tech version of him would look like visually.

Yeah it would be cool. Who knows perhaps one day....

Co-Creator of the NV
    I wrote this almost 6 months ago and have been sitting on it ever since. I'd actually almost forgotten it was there. No idea if Wolfy and I will ever get back to writing the other bios, but we had a bunch in mind when we stopped writing. Anyways, if you guys like it let us know and maybe we'll get started with the other. In the interim I'll see if there are any other completed things here and post them as I find them.

Spikor

Silas grew up in an orphanage, never knowing who his parents were. At a young age he was apprenticed to a blacksmith, proving himself to be quite adept at forging marvelous armors. When he was 16, a man named Keldor came to the shop he worked at and said that he had a need for young men who could forge quality weapons and armor. Seeing that he would have a better future with Keldor than with the old man that he was apprenticed to, he left the shop with Keldor and set out to arm Keldor’s growing army.

Soon after joining Keldor he learnt that the true power behind Keldor was an alien wizard named Hordak. Unlike Keldor, Hordak was lacking in charm and Silas was very uncomfortable around him. Hordak forced Silas to produce armor at speeds so fast that the quality of his armors went down drastically, leading to a number of disastrous losses at the hands of the Royal Guard. Blaming Silas for the losses, Hordak order his guards to bring Silas into his chamber and then beat him viciously. After the beating, he gestured towards Silas’ left hand and with his magic turned his hand into charcoal, where it crumbled away. Silas went into shock and Hordak had him taken away.

Silas was then tossed into his chamber where he spent the next few days shivering in a state of near catatonia. Eventually Keldor came in, with a woman that he referred to as Evil Lyn. Keldor gave Silas some herbs that would help stave off infection and stop the pain. Through the haze of pain, Silas eventually regained his senses. Then Keldor told him that he would be fitted with a prosthetic that could have different attachments put onto it depending on the need. Once Silas was up and about once more, Keldor told him that Hordak required him to go back to work. While Keldor would’ve let him have more time off, Hordak was a totally unforgiving taskmaster.

Returning to work, Silas was even slower than he had been before. His missing hand was hard to work around, but in time he was able to compensate and within a few months he was creating excellent armors once more. During his spare time he would work on what would be his finest armor, an intricately designed armor covered in spikes. The idea was to create an armor that was as useful offensively as it was defensively. When it was completed, Hordak came in and was pleased with the results. He had it taken away so that one of his most dangerous warriors would wear it into battle. Sadly, the warrior did not fare as well as Silas had hoped. The large spikes on the armor caused it to be unwieldy and too heavy to allow for quick movement. This resulted in the warrior being a sitting duck, who was quickly cut down by Duncan himself. Although Hordak’s forces won the battle, he had lost one of his favored warriors. Enraged at the loss, Hordak ordered that Silas be placed within the armor and brought before him. With Silas at his feet, Hordak summoned his dark powers and performed a spell that merged Silas with the armor. Now the armor and Silas were one and from this day forward he would be known as Spikor.

Soon after Spikor was created, the forces of Hordak and Keldor lost. Although Spikor hated Hordak, he was too afraid of him to ever stand against him. A few months after the loss of the Great War, Hordak was banished by the newly created Skeletor, an event that pleased Spikor greatly. From then until the present, Spikor has remained a loyal follower of Skeletor.

Personality and Traits

Spikor’s body is much more flexible than the armor it had originally been comprised of. Furthermore, his body is used to the weight of the spikes, so while he is not a particularly fast warrior, he isn’t terribly slow either.

The spikes are a tremendous weapon and his body as a whole is very difficult to injure. However, they come at the price of human contact, as people can never get close to him without being seriously injured.

Spikor remains very loyal to Skeletor. He remembers how Keldor was the first to help him after Hordak’s initial punishment and he feels a certain kinship to Skeletor, having also been terribly disfigured by Hordak.
    Last edited by Darth Latveria; May 19, 2008 at 01:23pm.

Movie mayhem!
    Thats really cool. I love the idea of him wearing this spiked armor, totally works. And the explanation for his hand is perfect.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Thats really cool. I love the idea of him wearing this spiked armor, totally works. And the explanation for his hand is perfect.
    Ya, I was really happy with how he turned out. I don't reread most of the bios, but I read this one again after I posted it because I was wondering what it was like. I kinda wonder where i got the idea for how the hand was lost. I think I must've just read Green Lantern Rebirth, lol.

In any case, I'm glad you liked it. I hope there're others who feel the same way.

Nice work!

I consider the bio of Spikor very interesting, it fits for him. Good work!

Co-Creator of the NV
    I have been going through my NV files and looking to see what leftover goodies I have yet to post. I seem to be close to running out of stuff, which means that the NV might really be coming to an end soon, but in the interim here's the most recent file I found.

Behind the Scenes Part 8 – Diamonds in the Rough

Sometimes you come across characters that you simply don’t want to write, but end up doing anyways. When that happens, the result is frequently rather lackluster. Sometimes the writing seems forced and a certain level of apathy comes across in the writing. However, there are times when much to my surprise, the results end up being fantastic. It is those times that I am focusing on now.

The first character that that happened with was Evil Lyn. Neither Wolf nor I felt like writing her, since we don’t have much of an affinity for female characters. However, we did feel that she was important and should definitely be part of the New Vision. The tentative arrangement was to have us offer it up for grabs, and then if no one took it, Wolf would write it. The original story we had in mind for her was to have her be stuck in Snake Mountain, the same way that the Sorceress is stuck in Castle Grayskull. Skeletor and her would have a very different relationship, where her fondness of him arose out of a form of Stockholm Syndrome.

As a few days passed, we saw that no one was offering to take her bio. Wolf was pretty busy working with the other bios he’d taken and I had a bit of a break in my own schedule, Then I happened to watch the MYP episode where we see how Keldor and Evil Lyn met up and at that point I felt inspired to do her, so I asked Wolf to let me write the bio in his place. I loved the scene where Keldor and his band of men meet her while looking for the orb of pain, so I knew that I wanted a scene like that of my own, which eventually evolved into her meeting Keldor at the house. The difficulty was figuring out what to do with her childhood. Outside of coming up with a character’s name, the childhood’s are the hardest part for me to figure out. I try to come up with somewhat unique pasts for these characters, but after having written bios for something like 3 dozen characters, it gets rather difficult. In her case, not wanting to bang my head against the wall figuring what kind of parents could produce her, I simply tossed her into an orphanage. As it turns out, I think the same was done in the MVC comics, which is pretty cool. I figured the best way to get her name to be Evil Lyn was to have her be named Lyn, and have her get the EL name as a sort of nickname. I think that that part worked out pretty well. Anyways, once I had it all finished, I was pretty amazed by how much I liked it and I was pleased to see that others liked it as well.

The other character that comes to mind is Rio. From the start, I saw no way that I could possibly bring Rio Blast into the NV. I never liked Rio at all as a kid. I always hated the tech aspects of MOTU, so I didn’t see any way to redeem him. Plus I was never a fan of cowboys. So I just assumed that he would never be part of the NV. Then one day, I got a pm that changed all that.

The_Robin, someone who by the time you read this might be a regular contributor of bios , came up with a very interesting take on him. He basically suggested that Rio be a person who uses throwing knives, throwing them so quickly that he is still the “fastest draw”. He then suggested that Rio perhaps have a trouble past, leading him to be a drunken brawler. Thinking it was a good idea on the surface, I decided to play around with it and see what I could come up with.

In the end, I decided to pretty much exactly use the suggestion that The_Robin came up with. I figured that he should be hot tempered, but I also wanted him to be part of the Royal Guard at some point, so I decided to show that he had control issues as a child. Then once in the guard, I knew he needed a loss. So I decided to go with a Punisher-esque story where his family died. This all led to the character that The_Robin had suggested. But I wanted something new to the story, something that would be unique to Rio. I also wanted a physical manifestation of his loss. Rio was a broken man, emotionally scarred beyond belief and I thought it would be good if that could be shown. That’s when I came up with the idea for the scarring which he got at the hands of Beast Man. Putting all the parts together; I was amazed at how well they flowed. In the end, I loved how he turned out and hope that the feeling was shared by others.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Flutterina

There is a group on Etheria known as the Lepidopterans, a race of humans who worship butterflies. For millenia they have studied butterflies, believing that there was much to be learned in their grace and beauty. Mimicking butterfly patterns they even fed on flowers, hoping that their nectars would strengthen them.

Over two thousand years ago, they witnessed the horrid rise to power of Hordak and his unholy horde. However, his time in power was fleeting as eventually he banished to Despondos while trying to amass even greater power while on Eternia. Believing that Hordak would someday return, the Lepidopteran prophets foretold that soon after his return a great hero would emerge from their people. A hero who best embodied the qualities of both humanity and the butterfly species.

Decades ago, around the time of the Great Uprising on Eternia, Hordak returned and plunged Etheria into darkness once more. This was the world that Flutterina was born into.

Flutterina was a beautiful girl. Smart and friendly, with a courage and wit unmatched by those around her. The Lepidopteran prophets believed that she was the savior that had been foretold, the one who would bridge the gap between human and butterfly. But over time, they didn't see the signs that they expected of her. There was no metamorphoses. She grew older and more beautiful, but nothing particularly remarkable happened. This is when the prophets determined that they must've misread the earlier prophecies. They knew that they couldn't just wait for her to become their savior, they needed to take action to ensure it. And how could they go about doing this? Follow the butterflies.

Knowing that she was bound for a great transformation, on her 18th birthday the prophets wrapped her in cloth drenched in a resin from a nearby tree. This cloth and resin would harden, giving her a cocoon similar to the butterflies that they worshiped. In this cocoon, Flutterina would undergo a miraculous transformation into the perfect amalgamation of human and butterfly.

Having put her in her cocoon, the prophets placed Flutterina in a sacred cave where she would undergo her metamorphoses. In seven days she would emerge, more beautiful and wondrous than ever.

Seven days passed and she didn't emerge. They waited longer. Two weeks had passed, and nothing had happened. They continued to wait. After three months, the prophets had a vision. They weren't supposed to simply leave Flutterina in her cocoon. She was meant to emerge in a wondrous manner that would befit someone of her stature. Thus they knew that they had to bring her to the top of the highest cliff in the valley in which they lived and throw her off. During her fall, she would emerge from her cocoon, with the most beautiful wings that any had ever beheld.

Carrying Flutterina to the top of the cliff, the prophets were excited. This was the day that had been foretold millenia ago, the day when their savior would emerge. Arriving at the top of the cliff, they made a brief prayer and then tossed her over. But.... she didn't emerge. The cocoon hit the rocks below, breaking open and covering the rocks with Flutterina's dessicated remains. Flutterina had died months ago from dehydration.

For years the Lepidopterans have been eating flowers in the hopes that they would ingest the same nectars that butterflies do. What they didn't know is that some flowers have some strange effects on you, leading to hallucinations. For instance, one might hallucinate a ridiculous prophecy about butterfly-women.

Poor Flutterina.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Ouch. That was a good bio, but alas, poor poor Flutterina, we didn't know her well here. LOL
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

That Flutterina bio...wow....just...wow.

Movie mayhem!
    This bio rocks my socks!

Co-Creator of the NV
    Someone told me about an episode of POP that had this title awhile ago, but I didn't believe him when he described it to me. So I looked it up and read the synopsis and to my astonishment and sheer horror, the events he described actually did happen!!! In any case, it inspired me to write this. Hope everyone enjoys it

Flowers for Hordak: The NV Version

In times of duress, one will find that heroes arise from the most unlikely of places. This was true of a young lady named Perfuma.

Perfuma came from a family of Etherian peasants. Never having many luxuries, Perfuma found herself enjoying nature to its fullest. From a very young age she would spend her days in the fields, picking flowers and tending to her little garden. Early on it was obvious that she had a connection of sorts to Etherian plant-life, as flowers seemed to grow in even the most barren climates if she was around. As she got older she worked on harnessing this power and in time found that she was capable of helping other plants grow, which was very useful to her people as under Horde rule there was always grain shortages. However, her interests and strengths always lay with growing flowers.

Perfuma saw the damage that the Horde had done to Etheria, both to its people and its wildlife and resented them for all they had done. As she grew older she would occasionally hear stories of people who fought against the Horde, in particular about a being known as Light Hope. She believed that as long as there was hope and a will to fight for justice, that good would eventually prevail.

Shortly after Perfuma turned 20, she decided it was time to leave her people and find these rebels that she had heard about. After a few months of searching, word of her wondrous skills with plants got to Sha-Man, one of the leaders of the rebellion. Knowing of her intent to help bring down the Horde, Sha-Man determined that perhaps she could be put to good use. Sending an envoy to greet her, she was invited to a camp where Sha-Man was making plans for the next attack on the Horde.

Perfuma amazed Sha-Man. Upon meeting her, he was instantly taken aback by how close her connection to nature was. Never in his life had he met a person who was so in-tune with nature without having had any formal training. Upon studying her he saw that her affect on plants was actually a sort of natural magic that she had manifested spontaneously in her youth. Seeing that her skills were actually magic based, Sha-Man took it upon himself to teach her to master those powers and incraese her skill.

Over the next few months, Perfuma learned how to consciously direct her life energies towards the creation of plant-life. Although she was able to speed the growth of plants that produced grain and fruit, her powers still affected flowers more strongly than anything else. As a matter of fact, she was actually able to conjure up flowers that grew in mere seconds, a sight that was truly awesome to behold.

Sadly, her happy times with the rebels wouldn't last indefinitely. Nearly a year after having joined them, she was captured by the Horde. No one is certain how the Horde learned of the encampment that she was stationed at, but what is known is that 37 rebels died in the Horde attack and another 9 were captured. Perfuma was one of the imprisoned rebels, but unlike the other 8 who were quickly interrogated and put to death, she was brought into the Fright Zone for further study. Her skills with plants had come to the attention of Shadow Weaver and she wanted to learn more about what Perfuma could do before disposing of her.

Thrown into a horrible, dank dungeon, she spent her first day in captivity crying to herself, terrified of what was to come. But Perfuma was a strong girl, and after regaining composure told herself that she would eventually be freed. To give herself further hope, she grew some flowers in her cell. As fate would have it, this was a poor idea.

A few days after her arrival, Hordak came to her cell to look at his most recent captive. Seeing the flowers in the cell, he angrily conjured up a fire that burnt them to a crisp and coldly told Perfuma, “I dislike flowers. Do not grow any more.”

But Perfuma was a brave young girl and she defiantly used her magic to grow another batch of flowers in front of Hordak. Without another word, Hordak drew his sword and with a single swipe removed Perfuma's head from her shoulders. Watching Perfuma's head roll along the floor, Hordak thought about his youth.

Perfuma could never have guessed how deep Hordak's disdain for flowers went. Few know this, but in his past life, before he became a master of the dark arts, his mother grew many flowers in their home, the Crystal Castle. Every day fresh cut flowers were placed in numerous vases in their home. Hordak hated these flowers. He was very allergic to the pollen and the flowers caused his eyes to water, as well as giving him terrible sneezing fits. Although he was no longer allergic to them, Hordak hated the memories that they represented. Thus his reaction to Perfuma's disobedience was less than kind. But it did teach the rebels who heard the story a valuable lesson: When in captivity, don't go out of your way to anger your jailer as the results are not always pleasant.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Dang, the Rebellion have less and less heroes to play with when DL gets down with them LOL
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor