Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe - A New Vision

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Dang, the Rebellion have less and less heroes to play with when DL gets down with them LOL
    hahaha... ya, I guess they do.

There's actually a ton of them that I have made plans for that wouldn't die like Glitter, Angella, Sea Hawk, Mermista and Sweet Bee, but I have no idea if I'll ever get to them. It just so happens that the ones that make me feel inspired enough to write are usually the ones that I feel almost obligated to wipe out

You should be glad I haven't written my Hordak / rebellion story because it would make DL's stories look tame in comparison.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    You should be glad I haven't written my Hordak / rebellion story because it would make DL's stories look tame in comparison.
    the overall story we have in mind would have a huuuuuuuge bodycount if we ever get to it

after a long wait... here is the second of the KOGs ' bios

ALIE

Many years ago in the time of King Grayskull, there existed a group of warriors that were banded together in the forges of war and strife;A group dedicated to the defense of the planet and the unity of all Races...

They are- The knights of Grayskull.

Born in a small village, Alie always dreamt of being just a simple maiden; the one who gets married to the love of her life and lives happily ever after.

Sadly, fate had other plans.

When Alie had finally turned sixteen, her village was attacked by a horde unit that was led by the energy vampire, Leech, and was razed to the ground.

Alie would of have died along with the rest, had it not been for the quick actions of Degla and Kyle who where the two that had saved her life. Upon saving her life, they quickly brought her to their king for assurance that they were in the right to bring her to him.

Grayskull sensed the teen and grief. Thus he made a decree that until the next summer’s dawn - Alie would remain his ward and start her training... to be a part of the knights.

Alie threw herself into the training.
    So much so that there were times that King Grayskull had to step in and stop her from hurting herself....
    It was a thing that disturbed many of the other knights, and made them question King Grayskull’s choice in making her a knight in the first place, save Delga, who had faith in the king.

When the next summer came, Alie was about to undertake the trials of knighthood.
    But, when the horde made another attack, despite the warnings of the other knights; Alie charged into battle with them and found herself in a rather interesting situation at best.

She had beaten Leech within an inch of his life and was about to kill him. But. as is it played out, when the site of him quivering on the ground like a newborn gave her pause, she finnaly decided in the end to spare him; a move that surprised everyone, to say the least.
    Shortly after, Grayskull presented her with a symbol of her Knighthood: A sword that he had commissioned a famed blade-smith to create as a symbol of defense and hope – ‘The Sword of Protection.’

Alie accepted the sword, along with an animal ‘Nanny,’ named Kowl, to watch over her - much to her displeasure since she wanted a horse...

Alie’s time with the knights was one filled with adventure and danger as the war with the horde kept moving on at a steady and never-ending pace.

Yet, during this, there’s one little side story one may need to note:
    Alie and Kowl were called to deal with a rather powerful, yet forgetful witch named ‘Razz’.
    The witch was causing havoc in a town by turning its folk into random household objects when she was trying to remember a ‘Time-Traveling-Spell.’

The two confronted Razz and told her to restore the people to normal.
    Razz resisted and attempted to change ‘THEM’ into something else... when she accidently ‘Vaporized’ Kowl .

In reality, she sent Kowl into the future... but that’s a tale for another time and in another place...

This had ticked off Alie to the point where she COBBLERED Razz into a full and utter coma...

It was then King Grayskull assigned Delga as her partner,relizing that maybe Kowl wasn’t the best of choices for keeping a eye on her....

Shortly after King Grayskull’s death and the start of the second ‘Snake Uprising,’ Alie, Delga and some of the other knights were in the middle of a battle with Tung lasher; as well as his pack of followers .

To their dismay, however, a strange Vortex appeared out of nowhere and started to engulf the area...

As soon as it came, with the surprise and the ‘otherworldly’ oddness, it disappeared.
    And in so, taking everyone there within it.

It would be the last anyone would see of the Knights for ages....
    The Truth of Love will always Guide Us.
    Vist Vist Hunter's edge, The Home of Transfromers:Eterina!

Hey that's very good Jag, nice to see the KoG's making a return to the NV, its just a shame we have had to wait so long to get another one. I like how you handled Razz and Kowl, very funny indeed... just the way we like it in the NV.

Well I guess it is my turn to post a new bio. So here you go

--------------------------

BUZZ-OFF

In the world of the Andreenids there are three main lifestyles that a young Andreenid can grow into; a Worker, dedicated to production of Ambrosia and serving the Royal family. A Monk, their lives spent mediating and focussing on both inner and outer peace and harmony. And finally the Warrior class. These Andreenids make up the army and guards of the Andreenid race, harsh regimes and training turn young scrawny Andreenids into large and mean Combatants, ready to lay down their very lives to protect the colony if need be. The most powerful of these warriors, decided in a tournament that pushes them to their very limits, is then awarded the Title of “BUZZ-OFF” to mark their great skill and let the world know that they truly are the best of the best of what the Andreenid world has to offer. However the competition is hard and dangerous and no Andreenid warrior has yet managed to complete all the trials since the days of the Great Unrest which saw both the arrival and untimely demise of the last Andreenid to carry the title.

As young Andreenids, the brothers Jora and Holt would do as all male children do, they would play fight with each other. Both knew in their hearths that they would one day be great warriors and serve the Andreenid colony by fighting off any forces of evil that would try to invade their home. To them it was not just play, it was training. As the years went by nobody could deny that the fighting skill of the two brothers was growing and they were becoming impressive combatants that would be proud member of the Andreenid army. But then one day something happened that would forever change Jora.

Fighting with staffs on the roof of their home, something they regularly did to improve their balance, Holt momentarily lost his footing and was unable to defend himself when Jora attacked. To make matters worse they had tied their wings behind their backs so that they could not use them and would have to rely on their own, unaided, balancing skills. This meant that there was no way for Holt to save himself when he fell and he hit the ground with tremendous force. For weeks Holt lay in bed, unconscious and fighting for his life. Not once did Jora leave his brothers side until he finally woke. Seeing what fighting could lead to, even just play fighting, Jora decided there and then that he would dedicate his life to the seeking of peace by training to become a Monk.

Holt on the other hand saw his brush with death not as a sign to give up on his dream to be a great warrior, but just another obstacle that he must overcome to be as great a fighter he knew he could one day become. More determined than ever, for years he pushed his body to its limits and far beyond, his speed, strength and skill quickly exceeding even his own expectations. Then, as he had always planned, once he came of age he signed up to join the Andreenid army.

His instructors were very impressed with Holt who showed not only great willingness to learn whatever combat art they decided to teach him but also with his natural abilities that made him pick up these lessons and master them very quickly. Very soon he became a great warrior capable of defeating multiple opponents on both land and in the air without too much effort. So it came as no surprise to anyone when he decided to enter the trials to try and earn the name of Buzz-Off.

Overcoming many obstacles and defeating numerous well trained opponents Holt finally did the impossible. He made it to the final round of the competition. As fate would have it he would have to fight one of their greatest warriors on a balancing beam using staffs, their wings tied behind their backs. The exact same set-up which had led to his accident all those years ago. But this time he managed to keep his footing and finally overcame his opponent, not by knocking him off the beam as the crowd expected, but by vaulting over the warrior and grabbing him in a choke hold and forcing him to submit and admit defeat.

Thus after many years the Andreenid race was blessed once more with a new warrior champion...a new BUZZ-OFF
    Last edited by wolfsfang; August 11, 2008 at 08:19pm.

Movie mayhem!
    The Buzzoff bio is great. Very cool that you made it a title, i kind of like that. I also love the visual of them being on that beam with their wings tied... great job!

Thanks, actually I can't take credit for the idea that Buzz-Off is a title and not a name, that was all DL's idea which he has some plan for later in the NV.

Oh and where is that bio you were gonna write Pat ?

lol

Movie mayhem!
    I really like your story about the knights of GS Jaguar! Its neat to see some totally original stuff here too.

i supose i do need to get on that bio huh.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Well... I guess that since Jagwar and Wolf have posted something recently I shall jump on the bandwagon and do the same... in a desperate attempt to get some feedback!

Castaspella

Many centuries ago Hordak’s conquered Etheria. This brought about a dark era where the good were crushed and the demonic ruled. For many years Hordak remained in power, crushing any opposition that came his way. Eventually Etheria was given a respite of sorts from his demonic will, when Hordak refocused his energies on Eternia. What happened to Hordak next has gone down in history as one of the great triumphs of good over evil, with Hordak being exiled to Despondos through the sacrifice of King Grayskull.
    With Hordak and his top minions exiled, over time his forces in Etheria fell. Although it took centuries, Etheria was eventually brought back to its prior beauty, although some places, such as the former Crystal Castle (now known as the Fright Zone) could never be restored as his dark magicks had caused far too much damage to the natural order. As time passed the effects of Hordak’s rule lessened and in time he was remembered as little more than an unpleasant myth. However, as we know now, the horrors of Hordak would return.

During Hordak’s absence, some such as Light Hope did what they could to prepare for his eventual return. Sadly for Etheria, very few had any inkling as to the possibility of Hordak’s return, so when he did come back they were caught with their proverbial pants down… and as he did in the past, he took advantage of this fact, quickly regaining power.

As was the case in the past, Etheria rebelled against the Horde’s rule. Unfortunately, the past and present mimicked each other in more ways than one, because once again Hordak was quite adept at destroying the rebellion mercilessly. Thankfully for Etheria, not all rebel groups were shattered, which is what brings us to young Castaspella.

Castaspella was born with the name Ingrid in 8 BPA, about 37 years after Hordak retook the Etherian throne. She’s never known a life without his rule and as a consequence has always known the importance in ending it. She was born into a band of freedom fighters, her parents having met as young rebels, and from a young age she saw the evils of Horde rule, frequently witnessing their atrocities and attacks.

Ingrid had an innate magical talent that was noticed early on by her mother, a lady who had some moderate training as a magical healer for the freedom fighters. In Etheria it is not easy to find good magical teachers, as most of the mages had been forced into the Horde army, so for many years she had to make do with whatever magical texts and books the freedom fighters could steal. But one night in 11 BPA she had a vision of an man who glowed with an ethereal blue. This man said he was known as Light Hope and that he had sensed her from his prison. Knowing her desire to destroy the Horde, Light Hope took her under his tutelage, teaching her from afar in a manner similar to how he taught Sha-Man and Skaldor.

Over time her Ingrid’s powers grew, as did her pride. After training with Light Hope for years she asked Light Hope to give her a new name, feeling that her name didn’t sound pretty. Light Hope became irritated with her and told her that they had more important matters to concern themselves with than her name. Over the new few months she asked him repeatedly to come up with a name for her and eventually he came up with “Castaspella”. Recoiling at the name she said, “what? That is an absolutely ridiculous name!” To which Light Hope replied, “If you were concerned with being taken seriously you wouldn’t have become so obsessed with something as superficial as a name. Now you have your new name and as a lesson to you, you must learn to deal with having such an idiotic name.” Taking this lesson to heart, Castaspella endeavored to take her training more seriously, still sometimes feeling a twinge of embarrassment when someone would address her by such an idiotic title.

Now, fully trained and an excellent sorceress in her own right, Castaspella proudly defends Etheria with the likes of Sha-Man, Skaldor, Bow and the other rebels.

DOUBLE TROUBLE

For months the rebels had managed to thwart the schemes of Hordak and his evil Horde, daily their numbers grew as more and more of the oppressed sought them out for aid or to join them inn the struggle against the dark king of Etheria. It seemed that no matter which city or village Hordak set his sights on to conquer and enslave next the rebels would always appear at the right moment to save the day.

Then one day while out on a reconnaissance mission, Mantenna noticed a member of the Horde, a woman entering the Whispering Woods. Knowing that this Horde member had no reason to be there Mantenna decided to silently follow her. They hadn't gone long when the woman came face to face with the rebel known as Skaldor. At first Mantenna expected a fight to ensue but he was surprised to see the two embrace in a friendly hug. She then proceeded to reveal details of a plan that Hordak had concocted to take control of a nearby village to steal some minerals that could be found in their mine which had natural magical properties..

Having found the reason for their failures for the last few months, Mantenna immediately raced back to tell his Master. Hordak was naturally furious and upon her return he had the young woman arrested and brought to his dungeon. At first he was tempted to just execute her as a warning to rebels of what would happen if they tried such a thign again, but Grizzlor had a better idea. He suggested that Hordak use his dark magic to warp her mind and turn her into a true agent of the Horde.

Intrigued by this idea Hordak did as his general suggested. Using his dark powers he not only warped her mind but also her body. He cast a spell that would make her the ultimate spy for Horde. While she was with the Horde her body would be transformed into a grotesque abomination that would commit unspeakable and brutal acts on anybody she was set upon, but once a month for a few days she would revert back to who she was with false memories of what she had been up to for that month and what plans she had overheard.

As always she would seek out the rebels and reveal everything she had learned while “serving” the Horde, but this time the information was false and would either result in the rebels being led into a trap or else sending them to the wrong place while the Horde raided another village unopposed.

I decided to check this out since Darth Latveria takes the time to review most of my artwork on a regular basis. Some of it I find groovy- while I don't like the Keldor origin, I find this version easy on the brain, same with the Evil-Lyn origin-- I don't agree, but if someone threw it in a cartoon or a comic, I wouldn't die over it. Other parts, like Mekaneck's death and Double Trouble's revamp, I'm not too keen with. Part of the latter being that I never saw her as having any particular alliegiance at all. In fact, the Horde and the Rebellion rarely knew who they were talking to when she was around--- this is in part due to her portrayal in other sources where she has chameleon like camouflage powers-- in that she can look like anyone or anything, fade away or disappear. One drawback is that she doesn't have the abilities of the thing or person she looks like (unlike the super-strength, etc, we see with Man-E-Faces taking on different forms). Because the elves of Etheria are shown a couple times having these powers, I assumed that she was one and that her ultimate goal wasn't the Horde or the Rebellion winning, just keeping her kingdom safe.--- Alternately I know in the POP series bible, she's given as Glimmer's bratty trouble-making cousin, linking her abilities with the Magic of Brightmoon.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Machinitess View Post
    I decided to check this out since Darth Latveria takes the time to review most of my artwork on a regular basis. Some of it I find groovy- while I don't like the Keldor origin, I find this version easy on the brain, same with the Evil-Lyn origin-- I don't agree, but if someone threw it in a cartoon or a comic, I wouldn't die over it. Other parts, like Mekaneck's death and Double Trouble's revamp, I'm not too keen with. Part of the latter being that I never saw her as having any particular alliegiance at all. In fact, the Horde and the Rebellion rarely knew who they were talking to when she was around--- this is in part due to her portrayal in other sources where she has chameleon like camouflage powers-- in that she can look like anyone or anything, fade away or disappear. One drawback is that she doesn't have the abilities of the thing or person she looks like (unlike the super-strength, etc, we see with Man-E-Faces taking on different forms). Because the elves of Etheria are shown a couple times having these powers, I assumed that she was one and that her ultimate goal wasn't the Horde or the Rebellion winning, just keeping her kingdom safe.--- Alternately I know in the POP series bible, she's given as Glimmer's bratty trouble-making cousin, linking her abilities with the Magic of Brightmoon.
    Firstly I am glad you took the time to read some of it

As for how our decisions are made... a lot of it is really us just chit-chatting and tossing ideas out and being freaked out about how similar what we say is. Some people have been in chats with us and were equally freaked by the similarity of our views on MOTU.

Wolf and I have a similar belief that there are some very good ideas in MOTU, but generally they were poorly executed. So when coming up with the New Vision, we basically just tossed out (e.g. tech) or mocked (e.g. Mekaneck and the original She-Ra bio) stuff we didn't like. In our eyes there is next to nothing in MOTU that is sacred so we just went wild and tweaked things to our needs.

In the specific case of double trouble... you very well might be correct about how she was portrayed in POP. I have seen very very little POP so I am far from an expert on the matter... in the case of DT I don't think I saw a single episode at all with her in it and my knowledge is basically limited to what wikipedia says, lol. According to them she's a good guy who messes around with the Horde, so it's safe to say that wolf (also not a pop fan) and I weren't too aware of the intricacies of her POP past. However, we dealt with her like we always did. We basically had a need for a specific type of character and she fit the role well so she got it.

In any case, we greatly appreciate your reading some of the NV. We'd love to see what you think of the She-Ra bio, as well as the 5 part story "She-Ra Revisited" which goes a long way towards redeeming her.

yeah thanks for the reply Machinitess and for taking the time to read the NV. DL has pretty much covered our reasonings behind a lot of what we have done in our vison of MOTU and I can't think of anything to add to it

Movie mayhem!
    Two more awesome bios! I'm glad this is back up and going. I love reading through these.

Co-Creator of the NV
    And now a bio that I honestly didn't think would ever get done...

Snout Spout

In the arid southern regions of Eternia there is a race of sentient creatures known as the Elephanteans. No one is sure how they evolved, but to the outside eye they looked much like the humans of Eternos from the neck down with elephant-like heads. Generally when seen by the other races of Eternia, the Elephanteans would be mocked due to their comical appearance, thus they have taken to avoiding other races and some have become a little xenophobic.

Years ago one of their greatest villains, a man named Tusk Master, was exiled from their tribe. There were rumors about what he had done, but it is said that the crimes were so terrible that the tribal elders didn’t want to speak about it further. Tusk Master’s exile took place in the year 9 APA, when young Cornelius was 11 years old.

Cornelius wasn’t like the other Elephanteans in that he hated being stuck in the same desert areas his whole life. He wanted to travel and see the world, experience different things and meet different people. So when he was 19 years old he left his people and went off to see what Eternia had to offer.
    Cornelius’ first experience with humans was far from pleasant. Coming across a small band of people travelling in a caravan, they started shouting at him and accusing him of terrible things, calling him a kidnapper and a killer. One of the children in the caravan even threw rocks at Cornelius that painfully ricocheted off of his head. Running for cover, Cornelius found a dense forest in which he was able to lose his human pursuers. Similar events occurred during the next few months, leaving Cornelius puzzled. He had been under the impressions that the Eternians found his people laughable to look at and would likely tease him, not that they outright loathed the Elephanteans.

Eventually Cornelius came across a man who was a lot more even-minded than the rest. He introduced himself as Fisto and seemed to be lacking memories of much of his own past. Even though Fisto was an exceedingly tough man, his name coming from his unmatched boxing skills, unlike many of the humans that Cornelius had seen Fisto preferred to judge a man by his actions and look past outward appearances. Fisto informed Cornelius that the hatred of the humans was likely due to the crimes committed by another Elephantean, Tusk Master. Having been exiled from his people, Tusk Master had gone into the business of providing child slaves for the various warlords across Eternos and descriptions of his strange visage had become common knowledge. Hearing this, Cornelius was heartbroken. There was no way that the people would ever accept him, especially after the horrible crimes of Tusk Master. However, after he had left his people he didn’t want to return home so soon as he would feel embarrassed in not having had the experiences he had wanted.

Leaving Fisto behind, Cornelius set off to wandering once more. One day, from the distance he saw a lot of smoke and quickly moved to the source. Getting nearer he saw that it was a village engulfed in flames. Butchered corpses littered the ground and all around were people trying to put out the flames and attend to the wounded. Overhearing talk from the surrounding villagers, he heard that a new warlord named Skeletor had sent a band of men to attack and this was the result of said battle. There was also rumors of someone named He-Man coming soon, a man that Cornelius had heard mention of before.

Walking through the village, Cornelius could hear children screaming. Looking around he saw that they were trapped in their home, which was engulfed with flames. Looking around for a way to help, he ran to a nearby well and sucked in as much water as he could into his snout. Then he picked up a large axe and ran towards the house with the children in it. At the house he hacked his way through a weakened wall, blowing the water into the flames to lower them. Getting to the two children, he picked them up and held them close to his body as he made his way out of the house, uninjured due to the increased protection from heat and flame that his thick, elephant-like skin gave him.

Exiting the house, Cornelius put down the children but then looked up to see that he was surrounded. They were shouting slurs at him and making threats. One villager threw a rock at him and another advanced with a pitchfork. For a moment it seemed as if Cornelius would die, but then help came from an unexpected source.

A tall, muscular blonde man stepped in between Cornelius and the mob and shouted, “can’t you see that he saved your children?” Someone in the mob shouted a slur about the Elephanteans, saying that they were “child stealers”. At this point, the blonde man said, “how can you blame an honest man for the acts of another of his race? The people who attacked your village were human, just as you and I. Would you like to put me to death for their actions? Or would you prefer to face the penalties for their acts yourself?”

The man in the mob made some weak comment about how it was different with Cornelius, but by this point most of the mob had departed and the tension had eased. Turning around, the blonde man says to Cornelius, “that was some good work you did there. Thanks for the help. We could always use a good man like you to give us a hand in these times. My name is He-Man, what’s yours?” He-Man then extended his hand to Cornelius.
    Looking at his hand, Cornelius thought for a moment before grasping He-Man’s hand in a strong handshake and said, “my name is Cornelius, but given my natural talents perhaps I should go by the name Snout Spout.”

Smiling, He-Man welcomed Snout Spout into the Defenders of Eternos and that night brought him back to the palace of Eternos where he was to meet the other heroic defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    Firstly I am glad you took the time to read some of it

As for how our decisions are made... a lot of it is really us just chit-chatting and tossing ideas out and being freaked out about how similar what we say is. Some people have been in chats with us and were equally freaked by the similarity of our views on MOTU.

Wolf and I have a similar belief that there are some very good ideas in MOTU, but generally they were poorly executed. So when coming up with the New Vision, we basically just tossed out (e.g. tech) or mocked (e.g. Mekaneck and the original She-Ra bio) stuff we didn't like. In our eyes there is next to nothing in MOTU that is sacred so we just went wild and tweaked things to our needs.

In the specific case of double trouble... you very well might be correct about how she was portrayed in POP. I have seen very very little POP so I am far from an expert on the matter... in the case of DT I don't think I saw a single episode at all with her in it and my knowledge is basically limited to what wikipedia says, lol. According to them she's a good guy who messes around with the Horde, so it's safe to say that wolf (also not a pop fan) and I weren't too aware of the intricacies of her POP past. However, we dealt with her like we always did. We basically had a need for a specific type of character and she fit the role well so she got it.

In any case, we greatly appreciate your reading some of the NV. We'd love to see what you think of the She-Ra bio, as well as the 5 part story "She-Ra Revisited" which goes a long way towards redeeming her.
    It's always fun to pick stuff apart. See where else it fits. As an AU I find this interesting. I've done some of the same things with Star Wars for the sake of doodling and reimagining.

DT was actually never in the cartoon, tossed because of her questionable allegiance, they thought she would give mixed signals about right and wrong to the audience-- however she does appear in minicomics, books and coloring books as well as the cartoon series bible.

She-Ra and the story I will look at- though I admit she's probably one of the last profiles I would have gotten around to. She's alright, but not as cool as some of her supporting cast.

EDIT- so, having read the She-Ra thing, it was handled well for the universe you set up. The original profile wasn't a favorite but the redemption story was entertaining and worth reading. I have always been a Skeletor girl and I liked his role in it.
    Last edited by Machinitess; August 12, 2008 at 06:13pm. Reason: read the She-Ra bio and the story
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

I absolutely love what you have done so far.

Let me just applaud the use of the very unusual names in MOTU/POP (many of them are just too ridiculous to be real names). The Buzz-Off story was overall great (I like the way he used his pain as a motivation to do better; you have to admire those people) and once again the use of that name as a title was very clever.

I laughed a little at the dark Flutterina story (a character that just needed to die). It freaked me out slightly, but overall it was just plain cool and creative (I love the drug metaphor with Flutterina).

Perfuma in the 'new' Flowers for Hordak was much better that I thought it was going to be. I figured she would die, but you made it much more interesting than anticipated (and a little cynical as well; which is a good thing in this case).

It amuses me to think that Hordak was allergic to flowers; and for Perfuma, what a sad yet necessary way to go. (sigh if only the original Hordak just kill her, he had so many soldiers too).

Once again I must thank you for acknowledging the just plain terrible and 'what were they thinking?' names in the show. The Castaspella story was very interesting as well (pretty funny that she never got a pretty name, but it seemed like she deserved it lol).

I really like the Alie story! I don't know if she was made to be the 'real' she-ra, but that is how it sounds to me so thank you for having this character!

Double Trouble's story was interesting; I like how Hordak kind of turned the tables on the rebels with their own ally. Pretty cool. I really like what you have done with this so far, continue the great work and I'll be waiting for the next installment of your story. Good luck!

(If anyone needs to e-mail me don't use the one on this site just use knight_of_circe@yahoo.com)

"I am Skeletor overlord of E-ville!"
    -Skeletor (MYP version...he definitely said E-ville)

http://khenmes.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Luminak View Post
    I really like the Alie story! I don't know if she was made to be the 'real' she-ra, but that is how it sounds to me so thank you for having this character!
    Truthfully, when I did Alie, I was doing it more as a "warrior woman" ala Classic Teela with the idea that she would get 'confused' with She-Ra as a bit of a running gag to be used at points. Though, she ended up evolving into the character she is in the Bio... a woman with her flaws, but the potential for great deeds

Oh dear, I think I let a small spoiler slip..., aww well, glad you liked it :3
    The Truth of Love will always Guide Us.
    Vist Vist Hunter's edge, The Home of Transfromers:Eterina!

TRAP JAW

The Gar known as Kronis was bad from the moment he was born. This was not unexpected as he was born to a family of evil murderers and thieves that preyed on innocents that wandered into their forest domain. Taught by his grandfather Kronis became an expert tracker, weapon maker and at setting traps to catch and kill his intended targets with great success and was solely responsible for well over one hundred deaths and disappearances.

Then one day while Kronis was a young adult he heard of a new evil force named the Horde that was being led a dark and powerful sorcerer named Hordak and his new young Protege, a Gar child named Keldor, the step-son of the Eternian King. Knowing that he would do well amongst a group of evil doers Kronis set out to join the Horde and prove his evil worth.

Somewhat impressed with the Gar's tracking and trap setting skills Hordak decided to give Kronis a trial run, he reasoned that if Kronis didn't work out he could always turn him into a Horde Trooper or else kill him without a second thought.

Put under the command of Hordak's Apprentice Keldor and he immediately became awestruck by his new young master and the power that this fellow Gar wielded. He decided there and then that he would follow Keldor anywhere, even against Hordak himself if his master demanded it, a decision that would soon come to pass.

When Keldor refused to kill his brother and was punished by Hordak by having the flesh on his face removed to become Skeletor, Kronis aided his young master in his quest for vengeance which saw Hordak banished to Etheria and the newly born Skeletor taking over as the supreme source of evil on Eternia.

More years passed and Kronis used his skills to great effect, trapping unwary travellers that wandered near their lair of Snake Mountain and taking whatever he wanted from them for Skeletor's use.

Then one day Skeletor took his band of evil warriors to find the Dark Heart Stone an ancient gem of immeasurable power which was said to contain the power of the ancient evil group known as the Covenant. They never did succeed in finding the Stone as He-Man and the Masters, sent by a vision of the Sorceress, cornered the evil warriors in an ancient temple that had once been home to the most powerful wizard of the Covenant.

Locked in mortal combat with He-Man, Skeletor seemed for the first time to be on the verge of winning. But then Kronis, determined to prove himself further joined in the attack, a decision that threw Skeletor off balance and allowed He-Man to regain the upper hand. Infuriated by Kronis, Skeletor hit him with a blast of energy that turned his right arm to ashes and shattered his lower jaw.

Defeated, the evil warriors, including Kronis, returned to Snake Mountain.

With the aid of Tri-Klops, Kronis was able to use his trap and weapon building skills to fashion himself a false arm that he could use as a claw to grab things or as a crossbow for long ranged atatcks, Evil-Lynn helped by providing a magic spell that would give Kronis control of this false arm as easily as he controlled his real one.

Kronis then set out to fix his jaw. Having only been shattered by Skeletor's spell Kronis decided that the best course of action would be to create a brace for his jaw that would keep it safe and secure until the time that it healed. But building this brace would prove difficult and he had used everything he had to build his false arm, all except a couple of traps that he had left from his time with his evil family. So using what he had Kronis turned one of his traps into a jaw brace that gave him a terrifying look. Still Skeletor had not finished punishing Kronis and decided that one last lesson was in order to remind Kronis not to interfere with his dark plans ever again.

Casting a spell Skeletor magically fused Kronis's jaw and brace together so that they could never be removed. Thus Trap Jaw was born

Co-Creator of the NV
    I'd like to give special thanks to Rain for giving me the inspiration for this bio. So remember, if you like the bio a lot I expect your praise and accolades and if you hate it, blame Rain!

Clamp Champ

Born in 4 BPA, Henry was too young to remember the Great Unrest. His earliest memories were of a fairly happy time, a time after the war had ended and Eternia was being rebuilt. Having survived such a harsh and dark war, the people as a whole were joyous and relieved that the dark times had passed and that a bright new future lay ahead.

Henry’s father was a trusted Royal Guard named Ernest who had shown much valor during the Great Unrest. During the war, his father had lost an arm while protecting their leader, then Prince Randor and as a consequence was unable to continue to actively serve in the guard any longer. From then until the war ended, his father worked with King Miro’s advisors in devising strategies on how to beat Keldor’s forces and once the war was over and the need for so many strategists had ended, the newly crowned King Randor gave Ernest a large pension that allowed Ernest to move out of Eternos and into a small farming community named Festia.

Henry’s childhood in Festia can only be described as idyllic. His parents loved him, he was a good student and an excellent athlete. As a matter of fact, Henry’s athletic prowess was so great that stories of his talents even reached Eternos. When Henry was 14, a scout from the Royal Guard came to Festia to ask Henry if he wished to join the guard. Although Henry loved the thought of becoming a soldier, Ernest refused to let his son join. Although Ernest loved his king and country, he still had many painful memories of the loss of his arm and wished for a better future for his son. Thus the scout went back to Eternos with disappointing news, but unbeknownst to them, Henry still wished that he could join and consequently late at night he’d sneak out of the house with his father’s old sword and spear and practice until his arms were too tired to lift the weapons any longer.

At 15 Henry had to choose a profession. Henry chose to become a blacksmith and became quite talented at building tools for the local farmers, but what he loved to make the most was swords and weaponry. After years of working as a blacksmith, one day a messenger from Eternos came to Festia with terrible news. The dark times had returned and a new warlord named Skeletor was waging war across Eternia. Many villages were being evacuated, but the people of Festia were given the opportunity to stay because they were near to some large Eternian communities, thus should help be needed it would come quickly. However, the villagers were told to arm themselves so that they would be able to defend themselves until the arrival of help, in case the village was attacked. This led to Henry working day and night forging blades and spears for the locals. During this time, he also forged a one handed sword for himself, preferring lighter and quicker blades to the broadswords that were common in Eternia at the time.

One day the evil warriors arrived to raid the village. Hearing the carnage outside, Henry ran to the window to see his father fighting a half dozen evil warriors. Even missing an arm, his father was an excellent swordsman and 2 of his assailants already lay dead, but Henry knew that his dad wouldn’t be able to beat everyone as he was being surrounded. Grabbing his sword in his right hand and one of the long, heavy clamps he used to forge tools with in the other, Henry ran outside to aid his father. While fighting, Henry would use the clamp to trap his opponent’s sword hand and then thrust his sword into the man’s heart. Using this method, Henry was very adept at dispatching his enemies and thanks to his natural athletic prowess, he was good at improvising new attacks, such as using the clamp to simply batter his opponents into submission before using the blade for the killing strike.

Not very long after the battle started, reinforcements arrived as had been promised by the scout months earlier. Later Henry found out that plans of the attack had somehow leaked and as a consequence a large force of Royal Guardsmen were enroute to Festia as the evil forces arrived. Leading the force was Man-At-Arms and he was accompanied by Ram Man. Ernest knew both from his days as a guardsman and was glad to see them and reminisce about old times. While talking, Man-At-Arms mentioned that he saw Henry in action and was amazed at his prowess given that he had never had any formal training. Ernest admitted that he too was taken aback by the ferocity in his son, as well as the raw talent that he showed in battle. Seeing the new dangers that Skeletor represented and the abilities that his son was blessed with, Ernest agreed to let Henry return to Eternos with Man-At-Arms to become one of the elite Defenders of Eternia. Thanks to his unique fighting style, Henry became known as Clamp Champ.
    Last edited by Darth Latveria; August 13, 2008 at 04:11pm.

Movie mayhem!
    HOly crud three more?! You guys are on a roll!

My lord that took a long time, but I just read everything I needed to catch up. Feels like a movie to me. Great to see this stuff is still going strong. Great bios everyone
    www.mattycollector.com

Faker Coming March 16th
    Mer-Man Coming April 15th
    Zodac May 15th
    Hordak June 15th
    Man-At-Arms July 15th
    Tri-Klops August 17th

Very nice stories all around! Very good building off of my CC idea, glad I could inspire!
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Glad you lot are enjoying the NV and as you can plainly see...the hiatus is over

Co-Creator of the NV
    I figure that some of you might like to know what's coming up in the NV.

Wolf and I have 4 very major stories in the works. There is a trilogy that we shall likely start soon once we get a few more bios out, as well as a single stand-alone story that comes after it. There will be some major events in these stories that will greatly change the NV from here on out.

But before these stories there'll be a few other things that are done. What I suspect will interest many of you is the fact that I am currently writing a She-Ra story. Yes... once more the NV is bringing up She-Ra. I imagine that reading this some of you are shocked and others are outright disgusted, however I can tell you that this will be a very different She-Ra from the one that we have already seen. This She-Ra is from the past.

During the original She-Ra bio we alluded to a mythological She-Ra. As it turns out, she was very real and this will be her story. Unlike the first She-Ra, this won't be any sort of mockery. I can personally attest to the fact that this version of She-Ra will be very competent and tough as nails. Also, I am trying a slightly different formatting style this time. The last She-Ra story was written in parts, but each part was somewhat long. This time around it's written in parts, but just about each part is quite short so every chapter, which should be posted once a day (I hope to start posting soon), will be fairly quick and easy to read. In any case I'm hoping that you guys like it, and more importantly I am hoping that you guys reply to it!

Also... post 300, YEAH!