Well thx guys
    http://galvatronartstuff.blogspot.com/

Check My Fan Characters
    -------------------------------------------
    Press here to see Houndor
    Press here to see Aetheron

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
    Here is A pic with Grizzlor

Very nice pic Galv, one of your best ones yet. As DL has said, it is nice when people bring something new to our New Vision, whether it be a written bio or a piece of art.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Co-Creator of the NV
    She-Ra Revisited

Part 3: Adora Meets Her Destiny

A Small Town in Etheria

Months earlier, Adora had given up her hopes of being a great Etherian hero. For years she had tried to join the rebels, frequently seeking them out and offering her services, but even she eventually took the hint and decided to stop trying. Having since come to terms with her not being Etheria’s next great hero, she had since taken a job as a barmaid in a small town tavern. She wasn’t the best barmaid, frequently dropping drinks and bottles, but her sunny disposition won over many a patron who’d had a drink spilled on him.

Leaving the tavern at the end of her shift, she walked towards her horse, Swift Wind, intending to ride home for the evening. Light Hope then quietly approached her from behind. Hearing movement behind her, Adora spun around to confront Light Hope, tripping over her own feet and falling into the horse’s trough. Drenched, she looked up and recognized Light Hope. Light Hope offered her a hand, pulling her out of the trough.

Adora: What do you want? I got the message. I know you don’t want to have anything to do with me.

Light Hope: We’re sorry for the way we treated you before. We shouldn’t have taken to avoiding you as we did and we feel that you deserved more than a simple brush off, but it is too late to change what has been done.

Adora: Why are you here? You seem worried.

Light Hope then told Adora about the terrible threat to Etheria and how Skaldor had lost his powers. Then Light Hope told Adora that she was the only person he could think of that might be able to wield the powers of Skaldor in this time of his greatest need.

Light Hope: I have told you the danger to Etheria, but... it would be remiss of me not to tell you one last thing. If you take this power, the dangers you will face are great indeed. You will be up against the whole Horde, with very little help. Many members of the rebellion are currently injured and unable to fight.

Adora: All I have ever wanted to do was help. It’s not about me being seen as a savior or a hero; it’s really just about doing what is right and helping people. If you think that I can help, I’ll gladly go with you and face these dangers by your side.

Agreeing to Light Hope’s offer, Adora mounted Swift Wind and followed him back to the rebel camp.

The Rebel Camp

As Adora and Light Hope arrived at the camp, Bow stifled a groan. He was still against the idea of having Adora wield the power of Skaldor, but thanks to a black eye given to him by Eddic, he had learned to keep his complaints quiet. Light Hope then gave Adora the Sword of Elements, whispering something into her ear. Lifting the sword above her head, Adora shouted, “For the honor of the Crystal Castle, grant me your powers!”

Lightning came crashing down around Adora, filling the air with smoke. When it cleared, she was seen dressed as the mythical character She-Ra was said to have dressed. She was wearing a short white dress, with a tiara on her head. Swift Wind had transformed from a regular white horse, to a unicorn with wings. Upon seeing Swift Wind, Bow laughed and said to Eddic, “her pet gets to fly but your little doggy doesn’t.”

Light Hope: Adora, now you wield the power you need to help fight the Horde. It took Eddic years to master the abilities you now wield, but sadly we do not have the luxury of time. I only have a few days to train you in, which will have to do.

Adora: I understand. But it’s not Adora anymore, it’s She-Ra.

Awesome..This really needs to be turned into a cartoon. This is the only She-Ra that will ever exist to me.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Time for a bit of shameless self promotion.

PLEASE VOTE FOR CALISMAN IN THE CURRENT STACTION POLL
    One of my characters from the NV, Calisman (click here to see his bio) is up in the current staction poll. I'd really appreciate it if some of you readers who've enjoyed our work head over there to vote for him. The winner of the round goes onto the second round and gets a piece of art created by Royaltus himself. I'd love to have my character drawn up and I think it would be great for the New Vision if we could get some more art in here. So for those would like to vote, please click here to vote for him. In this round round, you can ONLY VOTE FOR 1 character, so please let it be Calisman!!!

Thanks a lot.

EDIT: Correct link to contest is now posted. Due to a mistale in the original poll, the contest had to be deleted and restarted in a new poll.

[/shameless self promotion]
    Last edited by Darth Latveria; November 15, 2007 at 05:38pm.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Revisited is looking pretty good DL, more I tell you, more!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Co-Creator of the NV
    PLEASE VOTE FOR CALISMAN IN THE STACTION POLL -- CALISMN IS CURRENTLY TIED FOR FIRST PLACE SO EVERY VOTE COUNTS -- CLICK HERE FOR THREAD

CALISMAN is an amazing character, but right now he's down a vote. It would be awesome if you could throw a vote at him. One of the best fan-fic characters I've ever read.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Robin View Post
    CALISMAN is an amazing character, but right now he's down a vote. It would be awesome if you could throw a vote at him. One of the best fan-fic characters I've ever read.
    Robin, thank you for all your help. It is much appreciated. Sadly in the end there wasn't enough support for Calisman to win. At this time, a little over 6 hours before the end of the poll, Calisman is losing by three. There is only one other character I have in the NV that is coming up and I think I'll likely be pulling him too as my best chance had been Calisman...

Anyways, on to much more upbeat stuff

She-Ra Revisited

Part 4: Strange Bedfellows

Royal Palace of Eternos

Adam had been keeping to himself over the last few days. The news that the Sorceress had had for him regarding Etheria had made him very worried. During that time, the effects of Hordak’s machinations could be felt across Eternia. The damage caused by the merging dimensions was immense and getting worse every day. He-Man’s power was needed again and again, so Adam had taken to avoiding people so that he wouldn’t have to explain his frequent absences. Most just assumed that Adam was terrified and wallowing in his own fear, but the Sorceress knew that he was in fact doing what he could to save Eternia. Help would soon come from an unexpected source. 4 days after having learnt of the threat to Eternia, Adam was once again summoned to Castle Grayskull.

Castle Grayskull

Arriving at Castle Grayskull, He-Man was greeted with an unexpected sight. Skeletor was standing at the drawbridge of the castle, Panthor at his side. Telling Battle Cat to speed up, He-Man pulled his sword out of its sheath, readying for battle. Suddenly He-Man shuddered as if he had been struck. The Sorceress shouted into his mind, “STOP. He is here to help.” Arriving at the castle, He-Man dismounted from Battle Cat, still uneasy about the situation.

Walking into the castle with Skeletor, the Sorceress greeted them both.

He-Man: Have you lost your mind? How could you let Skeletor into the castle???

Sorceress: Things are not as they seem. Skeletor is here to help us.

He-Man: But how can we trust him? He has never shown any sort of decency before, how can we trust him now?

Skeletor: You muscle-bound fool; do you not see what’s happening? Hordak’s machinations are tearing Eternia apart. I intend to rule this planet. What possible value could it have to me if it was nothing more than a barren wasteland?

He-Man: Sorceress, how can we trust him not to double-cross us?

Sorceress: He arrived over a day ago, offering his help. He agreed to let me cut him off from all of his offensive magicks. I could never affect his magic that way alone, but he helped me do it. As long as he is in the castle, he is of no threat to anyone.

He-Man: So Skeletor turned himself in?

Sorceress: No... he has not. I gave him my word that upon his departure his powers would be returned to him.

He-Man: Are you sure this is the best thing to do?

Sorceress: I am bound by my word. I will not break it.

He-Man: So be it. What is it that you two plan to do?

Sorceress: Skeletor is the one who originally created the barrier that separates Eternia and Etheria. With his help I can send you to Etheria, giving you the opportunity to battle Hordak and stop his plans before it is too late.

Nodding his head, all He-Man could think to say was, “when do I go?” To which both Skeletor and the Sorceress replied in unison, “Now.”

Come back soon for the penultimate chapter in our saga. Learn the fate of both worlds, see how our heroes come together and watch as they meet their destiny

Co-Creator of the NV
    Help me make a decision

Readers of the NV, I must ask you for advice. I am considering removing my last character from the staction contest. I had hoped to get some votes from the many regular readers we have here, but in the end judging by the results, while some voted for Calisman, many other regular reader voted elsewhere or chose to not vote at all.

So as a concequence, I'd like to know if you guys think there is any point in my leaving my last character in the contest. Wrath is an interesting character, but I honetly think his chances were not as good as Calisman who ended up losing by a fairly big margin near the end. Wrath is not visually as appealing, but his bio would come at the end because the bios are phenomenal, and being near to the front sure helps with the lazy reader votes.

So I ask all NV readers, particularly the lurker to tell me what I should do.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    Help me make a decision

Readers of the NV, I must ask you for advice. I am considering removing my last character from the staction contest. I had hoped to get some votes from the many regular readers we have here, but in the end judging by the results, while some voted for Calisman, many other regular reader voted elsewhere or chose to not vote at all.

So as a concequence, I'd like to know if you guys think there is any point in my leaving my last character in the contest. Wrath is an interesting character, but I honetly think his chances were not as good as Calisman who ended up losing by a fairly big margin near the end. Wrath is not visually as appealing, but his bio would come at the end because the bios are phenomenal, and being near to the front sure helps with the lazy reader votes.

So I ask all NV readers, particularly the lurker to tell me what I should do.
    Just leave him in, because you never know. Besides you could always look at the competition the way I do. It's just a bit of fun so no need to take it seriously. I myself don't care if I didn't get a single vote. I mean, I would love it if I won...but if I don't...so what?
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Movie mayhem!
    Leave him! Wrath is a very cool character and he deserves it.

PS:: Part two of She-ra Revisited is great! Keep up the good work.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Well today some good fortune shined on me after all. While I lost the competition, i feel as if I still won it.

Earlier when I had posted my final reply in the competition, 2-Bad's rendition of Calisman had not loaded. By the time someone told me about it and I went to edit my reply, the poll was closed and it was too late. Anyways, seeing he had drawn Calisman absolutely made me day because that was precisely the point of joining the competition

So before further adieu, I present to you, Calisman:

Co-Creator of the NV
    Originally I was going to post this in a few hours, but I will not be in town tomorrow so I decided to post it now and let there be a bit of a break between this and the eplilogue.

She-Ra Revisited

Part 5: The Great Battle

The Mountains of Might

Hordak had spent the last few days on the peak of a mountain, meditating and focusing all of his magical powers into the merging of Eternia and Etheria. Shadow Weaver stood by his side, ensuring that he was left undisturbed. Lower on the mountain were countless Horde troops, as well as Mantenna, Leech, Grizzlor, Catra, Mosquitor and Modulok, all keeping guard to ensure that Hordak was left undisturbed.

The rebel forces, comprised only of She-Ra, Bow, Sha-Man and Light Hope came from the east. Using his mystical senses, Sha-Man was able to see the forces that Hordak had amassed to protect himself. Telling the others of the forces, they came up with a quick plan. Bow would stay at a distance, picking off troops as they approached the other rebel forces. Sha-Man would stand at a distance, using his powers of illusion to confuse and bewilder some of the Horde troops. Light Hope and She-Ra would lead the attack against Hordak, She-Ra flying up the mountain with Swift Wind while Light Hope used his golden wings to keep up.

At first the plan worked well, until Light Hope was knocked out of the air by a spell cast by Shadow Weaver. Seeing him crash into the mountain side, She-Ra turned around and told Swift Wind to fly towards Light Hope. Nearing him, She-Ra jumped off just as Light Hope was grabbed by Leech. Landing behind Leech and Light Hope, She-Ra used the earthquake powers of the Sword of Elements, shaking the mountainside, causing Leech to lose grip of Light Hope. Seeing that Light Hope was free, She-Ra used the sword’s earth powers to envelop Leech in vines. Leech, being unable to move, was then knocked unconscious by Light Hope. She-Ra was then surprised when Modulok jumped of a nearby ledge, landing on her back, tearing away at her flesh. Tossing him over her shoulder, she sliced one of his arms off, it growing back immediately. Suddenly, it seemed as if things began to slow down, everything starting to move more slowly, as if everyone was stuck in molasses. A blindingly bright light, accompanied by an earsplitting boom appeared a few feet away from She-Ra and Light Hope. As time began to take its normal flow once more, She-Ra could see that there was a small crater where the light appeared. Inside that steaming crater was a large, muscular man. Thinking he was another member of the Horde, She-Ra moved forward to attack him, but was stopped by Light Hope.

Light Hope: She-Ra, this man is not an enemy. I recognize his symbol and sword. He wears the garb and wields the sword of King Grayskull, the man who defeated Hordak two thousand years ago on Eternia. He must be Eternia’s current champion, here to help.

He-Man: My name’s He-Man. I’d love to make a proper introduction, but we don’t really have time for that at the moment.

She-Ra: Agreed. Let’s finish this off.

In a ferocious frenzy, Grizzlor tackled He-Man, knocking him to the ground. Rolling over to face his attacker, He-Man was faced by a terrible smelling, snarling beast. Grabbing Grizzlor’s arm, He-Man wrenched it with all his might, breaking Grizzlor’s elbow in the process. Rolling Grizzlor off of him, He-Man brought his fist smashing down into Grizzlor’s face, knocking out both Grizzlor and some of his teeth. Moving forward, he saw Light Hope slicing away Modulok’s many limbs, them growing back almost instantly. Modulok then lunged forward with a blade, embedding it deep in Light Hope’s abdomen.

Modulok: You fool. I can grow back limbs faster than you can cut them off. It’s a shame that you can’t say the same.

He-Man: Oh really? Is that so? I guess we should stop cutting you then.

He-Man then picked up Modulok and kicked him as one would kick a football, causing Modulok to fly off into the distance.

Light Hope: ... I wish I had thought of just knocking him off the mountain. Go help She-Ra.

He-Man: I can’t just leave you here.

Light Hope: Go and help She-Ra now. I will survive this, but she needs your help. The fate of both our worlds is at stake.

Feeling a twinge of regret, He-Man gave in to Light Hope’s wishes and went off to help She-Ra.

Climbing up to where She-Ra was, he saw her knocking Mantenna unconscious. At her feet also lay Mosquitor and Catra, both of whom were bloodied and dazed. Seeing He-Man’s arrival, She-Ra told him to attack Hordak while she went after Shadow Weaver. Reaching the peak, He-Man could see Hordak and Shadow Weaver standing on opposite sides of the vortex Hordak had created, which looked like a tornado created out of lightning.

He-Man attacked Hordak, surprised when his blow knocked Hordak reeling. Meanwhile, She-Ra fought Shadow Weaver. While He-Man was surprised by how easily he was defeating Hordak, She-Ra was having the battle of her life with Shadow Weaver. Shadow Weaver was a skilled magic user, but She-Ra kept on using the Sword of Elements to repel her attacks. For a time, She-Ra and Shadow Weaver seemed to be in a deadlock, but then She-Ra got the upper hand when she kicked Shadow Weaver in the abdomen, knocking her down. Seeing his sister’s impending defeat, Hordak ran to her and they combined their powers, creating a teleportation spell that whisked them away.

What He-Man and She-Ra had not known was that Hordak’s powers were depleted. The effort that went into creating the vortex had drained his powers, so he was only at a fraction of his full strength when He-Man had arrived. However, He-Man arrived soon after the vortex had taken on a life of its own. Without Hordak, the vortex could continue to grow and eventually merge both Eternia and Etheria. She-Ra and He-Man knew it had to be stopped.

She-Ra: We need to find a way to stop this vortex. Even with Hordak’s departure, this will continue to grow.

He-Man: I think the only way we can stop it is to somehow disrupt the energy. Embedding my sword at the base of the vortex might be able to do that, but the only way to do that is to go into the vortex myself.

She-Ra: You can’t do that. The energies of that vortex are sure to destroy you.

He-Man: I know, but there’s little else we can do.

As He-Man strode towards the vortex, She-Ra stood behind him and summoning all of her might, hit him in the back of the head with the flat part of her sword. Stumbling forward, He-Man dropped his sword and with a dazed look in his eyes mouthed the words, “why?”

She-Ra: Eternia will need her hero. I can’t stand idly by and watch him die.

She-Ra then bent down and gave He-Man a kiss on the cheek. Picking up the Sword of Power, She-Ra steadily walked towards the vortex. Turning around, she took one last look at the Etheria that she adored, and stepped into the vortex.

Inside the vortex, She-Ra was wracked with pain. She felt as if she was burning from the inside-out. With all the concentration she could muster, she thrust both the Sword of Power and the Sword of Elements into the ground, at the centre of the vortex.

He-Man slowly got to his feet, looking at the vortex. The light from the vortex was so bright that he had to cover his eyes, unable to see She-Ra. For a moment the vortex seemed to expand, and then there was an explosion. He-Man was knocked back to the ground, his ears ringing. The danger had passed and the vortex was gone. Blinking the spots out of his eyes, He-Man stood up and walked towards where the vortex had been. All He-Man could see were the two swords, embedded in the stone, and a steaming, partially melted tiara. She-Ra had been vaporized, but she had saved both worlds.

And there we have it. Hordak has been defeated, but Eternia and Etheria are far from unchanged. Come back soon to see the spell-binding epilogue to this exciting tale.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    Well today some good fortune shined on me after all. While I lost the competition, i feel as if I still won it.

Earlier when I had posted my final reply in the competition, 2-Bad's rendition of Calisman had not loaded. By the time someone told me about it and I went to edit my reply, the poll was closed and it was too late. Anyways, seeing he had drawn Calisman absolutely made me day because that was precisely the point of joining the competition

So before further adieu, I present to you, Calisman:

very cool i was trying to picture what he would look like and it was nothing like this

this is much cooler

Movie mayhem!
    Dude, reading this she-ra post i am just reminded of how badly i want you to keep doing fanfic. Like one big epic story. get on that!

As for Calisman, I love him. Great job 2-bad, Do you plan on coloring him? I'd love to see that! :-)

She-Ra in, She-Ra out. Nice way of handling that. Of course there is still an epilogue to be read. I'm ready to see how this finishes out!! Good first storyline

Geez, overload...

ok, Calisman.....That art is AMAZING! I LOVE that picture! Congrats 2-Bad, you are a really gifted artist.

Darth-I would leave him in the contest, no reason not to imo...

She-Ra-I felt like I was reading a novel just now. That is what fan-fic is all about..grasping the reader's attention, and keeping them on the edge of thier seats. You guys just keep outdoing yourselfS, and you've given me something to look foward to in the world of MOTU.

Widget
    Amazing job guys. I can't wait to read part 6. Like I said on page 2 great bios keep them coming, but this story just leaves me wanting more. I can't wait for the next story you guys put together.

Keep up the GREAT work.

Co-Creator of the NV
    She-Ra Revisited

Epilogue

Snake Mountain

Evil Lyn was aware of the danger being over, even before Skeletor arrived back at Snake Mountain. She had sensed it when the vortex was destroyed, knowing that both worlds had been saved. Seeing Skeletor riding Panthor in the distance, Evil Lyn met him at the entrance to Snake Mountain, walking with him to his personal chambers.

Evil Lyn: My lord, I see that the danger has passed.

Skeletor: Yes, but another one has since arisen. Although the dimensions were not merged, the barriers separating the two have been substantially weakened. I can no longer stop Hordak from returning to this dimension. The Horde will return.

Evil Lyn: ... we’ll have to prepare for his arrival.

Skeletor: Yes. I had hoped that that fool He-Man would cause the mutual destruction of both himself and Hordak. However, I think it might be for the best that He-Man survived, since he can be manipulated into fighting Hordak. But there is also Thanatos....

Evil Lyn: Who?

Skeletor: ... don’t concern yourself with that. Now leave me to my thoughts.

Castle Grayskull

The barrier disallowing travel from Eternia to Etheria was gone, so Light Hope came to Eternia to recuperate from his wounds. The Sorceress invited Light Hope into her hope, appreciating his company and finding that they had a lot in common. Walking with Light Hope, she could see the pain in his eyes as the stitching on his stomach wound was pulled. Turning a corner, she introduced Light Hope to the Hall of Heroes. Walking through the hall, she pointed towards life-sized statues of He-Ro, King Grayskull and many other Eternian heroes. Getting to the end of the hall, they stopped in front of the newest statue. Looking down, Light Hope could see the damaged remains of a tiara, placed in front of the statue.

Light Hope: It looks just like her. Thank you for combining your magic and psychic energies with my own to try and see if there was any way to save her,

Sorceress: She saved us all. I thought that it was the least we could do; to show our gratitude. I only wish we had found a way to save her, but sadly her spirit had already passed into another realm.

Light Hope: I think she would be touched to see it, although she never wanted accolades. She simply wanted to help.

Sorceress: I know. I wish I had gotten to know her. She sounds like a very special girl. Has Skaldor been able to regain his powers? Also, how is Swift Wind?

Light Hope: Yes. Once the vortex was destroyed, the spell blocking his powers faded away. I have since been able to cast a spell that ensures that the can never be blocked again. As for Swift Wind, after Skaldor regained his powers, she turned back into a regular horse. I can tell she misses her master, but she has since become the steed of one of our young leaders, a boy named Sha-Man.

Sorceress: That is good. We have had great loss, but now that our worlds are in contact once more, there is also reason for great hope.

Taking Light Hope’s hand, the Sorceress and Light Hope left the Hall of Heroes.

The End

Co-Creator of the NV
    So the first ever fan fic story of the New Vision has now been completed. We decided to start with an epic story that we hope will be seen as a good compromise between myself, Wolf and the She-Ra fans.

We'd love to hear the thoughts of some of all of our readers, both those who actively post and those who simply lurk. In particular, we're interested in how you feel about the way we treated She-RA in this story.

I quite enjoyed writing the story. It was in my head for a couple of days and eventually i just sat down and pumped it out over a 5 hour stretch. It was a lot of fun to do and I hope you guys enjoyed reading it as much as I liked writing it.

Whelp, I guess I better speak up then.

Truthfully... you handled her quite well. I mean, admittedly, I was a little put off by the switch to her being a bit of a joke*due to all the talk of making her a long lost warrior* but I adjusted to it.

and then you pull out this slam banger of a tale.

I'm rather pleased on how you made her death a heroic one than a one shot like Mekky and made her a hero in the end.
    The Truth of Love will always Guide Us.
    Vist Vist Hunter's edge, The Home of Transfromers:Eterina!

Great job DL, it was great. Can't wait for more fanfics and let's get those bios rolling.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by JagwarKnight View Post
    Whelp, I guess I better speak up then.

Truthfully... you handled her quite well. I mean, admittedly, I was a little put off by the switch to her being a bit of a joke*due to all the talk of making her a long lost warrior* but I adjusted to it.

and then you pull out this slam banger of a tale.

I'm rather pleased on how you made her death a heroic one than a one shot like Mekky and made her a hero in the end.
    I am happy you liked it.

The truth is that since Wolf and I simply don't like her, there was no way that she would be sticking around for the long haul. We just didn't want her around in our stories and bios. But, we do recognize that she has a lot of fans, so there must be something good about her even if Wolf and I don't agree with it. So we decided that as a show of respect to the character, we would remove her from our tales, but in the process give her the dignity and respect that so many feel she deserved.

Granamyr and the Dragons of Darksmoke

From the Royal Eternian Archive Library: researched by Melaktha

Over 10000 years ago, a volcano in the northern reaches of Eternia exploded, releasing from its depths two jewel-like eggs. It was from these beautiful eggs that the rulers of dragon-kind would eventually be born. It is said the eggs spent several hundred years cooling until the first cracked open and with a burst of flame, Granamyr the Ancient was born. Nearby, his future queen, Drulzalla the Mercyful hatched.

It was a time of wonderment for these two and for a thousand years they wandered the ancient Eternian world, learning all there was to learn and coming to harness powers and magics that even today, none have been foolish enough to challenge. It was during this timeframe that Preternians first began to come together for protection against the darkness and vicious creatures that always lay ready to eat them. Granamyr and his wife marveled at the Mammalian creatures quick learning and eventual abilities, and they decided to keep a wary eye on them.

After this first millenium, they had concieved their first brood of one hundred eggs.

From then on the denizens of Preternia were aware of massive beasts of flame and smoke that from time to time would darken the skies, but rarely did the dragons come into conflict with the primitive creatures. It was here that the mighty dragons of Darksmoke would watch in disgust and disillusionment as the people of Preternia would endure the many wars that seemed to be endless. Granamyr watched in sad anticipation, as a force of sorcerers and warriors harnessed the dark powers and prepared their assault to take over the planet. Drulzalla was the first to see the humans' traits of kindness and possibilities for a future cooperation between the two races. It was her great wisdom that held Granamyr's great army in check as the wizard Kaziel put his plan in motion to destroy the Commitee. After the apparent imprisonment of the evil, Granamyr sent out dragon scouts to find a community of humans that he could mold into a society.

It was many millenia until 5000 years ago Granamyr and Drulzalla came upon the choice of the tribes that lived in seclusion on the island of Avathar. The gods the Avatharians would later attribute to beginning of Avatharian society were in truth, Granamyr and Drulzalla themselves, hidden in a giant cave that amplified their voices a hundredfold. It was Drulzalla that choose the ancestral kin of Zodac to bestow magical psychic abilities. With the occasional nudge and prodding, unknown to the Avatharians, it was the rulers of Darksmoke that helped contribute to the humans capacity at ingenuity at building the mighty kingdom of Avathar and her Enforcers.

3000 years: King Hiss and his army of Snakemen attempted to bring the dragons of Darksmoke under his thrall. A master of magic, Hiss was able to control several dragons through mind control and several of the more militaristic dragons simply enjoyed the ability to wade into battle and lay waste to armies. Granamyr was enraged and in rousing the ancient dragon, King Hiss was suddenly facing a power that he had not counted on. Granamyr himself stomped and crushed his way through Hiss's Snakemen army, their weapons useless against his thick armor. Hiss attempted to use what magic he could against the mighty dragon, even attempting to force his dragon slaves to stop him. Granamyr simply knocked his children aside and grabbed Hiss. It has been said that once Granamyr was finished with Hiss, it took several months for Hiss to regenerate all his parts. From this point on, King Hiss and his followers steered clear of any dragon involvement. Unfortunately, it was here that the firstborn of Granamyr and Drulzalla's first brood, Shadow Wing, decided that his lust for power was not sated. He would continue to work on plans to take over Eternia himself.

2000 years and the destruction of Avathar it is known only that Granamyr took in and hid the survivors of the doomed kingdom. His sadness at the virtual decimation of his adopted children and its loss to Eternia can only be imagined. It is known that Hordak himself refused to send his armies against the source of the magic that protected Avathar at the time, he wanted to increase his power before he delved into discovering that place. But he believed that he would become the wielder of that power as well.

It was over 1000 years ago that Shadow Wing finally set his plans in motion, using a corrupt and evil sorceress from the Sands of Time to help foster and begin a war with humans that engulfed all the peoples of Eternia. Many dragons and people were killed in this debacle, entire fields and towns were filled with scorched and charred bodies, with the occasional dragon carcass strewn among them. Shadow Wing reveled in the destruction, many times coming across towns that had no knowledge of the war, feigning friendship as he slowly consumed each villager and their families. It was Drulzalla that finally came to the realization that war had been begun by a dragon and confronting her son as he attempted to consume a school of children. With her mindlinked to Granamyr's she discovered the extent of Shadow Wing's treachery. Sadly, in Drulzalla's haste to stop her child, she was alone, and despite Shadow Wing's pleas to get out of his way, he killed her and finally destroyed the school, making it appear as if humans had killed the Queen of Dragons. He made his way to Darksmoke to tell his king the terrible news.

Granamyr waited inside his great firepit, anger, grief, shock, disappointment warring inside him. Despite his knowledge that his own child had started this war, his grief over his wife's death at the same child's claws was too much. He wanted to rage and tear the whelp's limbs from his body, tossing the body from the cliffs of Darksmoke to the deepest reaches of valley's, to be fed upon by the foul creatures living there. But finally he decided upon a fate far worse.

It was upon Shadow Wing's arrival that Granamyr used his mighty powers to reach out to all the people and dragons currently in battle. Unknown to Shadow Wing, as he told his lie about the death of the great Queen, all combatants listened in. Granamyr, tired of listening to him, cut him off, and accused the younger dragon of his deception. Relenting, Shadow Wing admitted his misdeeds and finally attempted to kill Granamyr himself. The father of Dragons was waiting for this, and cast a spell on Shadow Wing, imprisoning him in the Realm of Demons for his crimes against Eternia and the murder of his Queen.

At this point, Granamyr recalled all his children to Darksmoke to grieve for the Queen. He apologized to the people of Eternia and knew that it would be many years before the hatred and mistrust would ever be bridged between the races. On an afterthought, Granamyr buried and placed a spell the temple of sorceress that helped foster the hatred between the two. The dragons were rarely seen after this point, the only humans having any contact with them being the mysterious Enforcers.

WARNING
    Mind yourself when you think that all dragons are the same, there are a variety of creatures known as dragons on Eternia, but they aren't pure dragons. For these dragons of Darksmoke are the wisest, most powerful and, if it comes to it, the most dangerous beings on Eternia. Tread lightly in Darksmoke's shadow, for since the war between humans and Darksmoke a thousand years ago, they have retreated and not been seen. It is unknown how the great Granamyr will take trespassing in his lands.
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; November 20, 2007 at 12:48am.